Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+11
Sarge
HYATT™
Old#15
GratefulJet
LIJETFAN
SackExchange
Metjetgal
NickSINYC
football51
NYJETSDAN16
Superman55
15 posters

2014 Rookie Class Thread

cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

2014 Rookie Class Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 2014 Rookie Class Thread

Post by cysporsche Thu 20 Nov 2014 - 12:30

NickSINYC wrote:
    Sarge wrote:I'm sure the Jets wanted to cut Saunders and stash him in the practice squad but he got claimed by somebody's can't remember who.  Don't think the Jets had totally given up on him yet, took a gamble and lost.  Of course, we got lucky later when Arizona (St Louis?) tried to do the same with Walt Powell and we snatched him.  
    The Seahawks were the 1st team to grab Saunders

Nick, I think Saunders was signed by the Cards, then Seahawks, then the Saints after he was cut by the Jets. @ 5'9"/165 is is having trouble sticking with a team.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Fri 21 Nov 2014 - 8:36

I've got to wonder a bit about the 'medical' episode he had early this year, and whether how much if any it has impacted his performance or perception about him.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Fri 21 Nov 2014 - 9:04

The doctors might have put him on meds that have slowed him down. If they have to regulate heart rate/BP, that's a possibility.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Fri 21 Nov 2014 - 11:56

If Saunders has medical issues, how is he passing all these teams (4) physical's before signing him ? I'm thinking he just sucks !?

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Fri 21 Nov 2014 - 13:01

cysporsche wrote:If Saunders has medical issues, how is he passing all these teams (4) physical's before signing him ? I'm thinking he just sucks !?

Go Jets...Cyborg

It may have been a very uncommon and discreet problem that slipped through all of those med exams. Wouldn't be the first time that has happened. The fact that all of these teams are giving him a tryout seems to indicate that they saw something while college scouting. I wonder if this problem has now gotten worse or to control it, he requires meds that are impacting his performance.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Fri 21 Nov 2014 - 13:09

His medical condition is "Muffapuntis"
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sun 23 Nov 2014 - 16:05

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets
    · 33m 33 minutes ago

We sure he is a "franchise" QB? RT @MoveTheSticks: Rough day for Bortles…39 passing yards at end of 3Q

· 33m 33 minutes ago

Bortles basically having Geno's rookie year with much less winning, except he was the 3rd overall pick and may have more O talent around him

· 2h 2 hours ago

Random observation: Is Sefarian-Jenkins hurt? He looks like he is running in mud. No explosivenss #nflredzone

· 2h 2 hours ago

Yikes RT @DrewfromJersey: @TurnOnTheJets No. It's what he is

· 45m 45 minutes ago

Give me Jace over Ebron and ASJ every day of the week #NFL

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 23 Nov 2014 - 20:54

football51 wrote:

·  33m 33 minutes ago  

We sure he is a "franchise" QB? RT @MoveTheSticks: Rough day for Bortles…39 passing yards at end of 3Q

·  33m 33 minutes ago  

Bortles basically having Geno's rookie year with much less winning, except he was the 3rd overall pick and may have more O talent around him

·  2h 2 hours ago  

Random observation: Is Sefarian-Jenkins hurt? He looks like he is running in mud. No explosivenss #nflredzone

·  2h 2 hours ago  

·  45m 45 minutes ago  

Out of one side of his mouth his says its too early to evaluate our rookie class and out of the other, it is okay to evaluate other team's rookie players and stamp ours as better.

I love, love, love, love the Amaro pick...I also love last year's TE class. I think all 3 players mentioned, and CFed and Nilkolas will all be big time NFL talents.

It is no secret ASJ and Ebron have been banged up all year and rely on their legs for success, it is also no secret Amaro doesnt have a second gear.

One thing Joe is for sure, is a homer. Amaro may have Jason Witten type talent, but I wouldn't put down the Antonio Gates and Vernon Davis type talents because you have Witten.

All 3 have a lot to prove still, IMO.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 23 Nov 2014 - 21:15

That Beckham guy Cy wanted looks amazing.
    Polishjetfan
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by Polishjetfan Sun 23 Nov 2014 - 21:31

I'm an immature A hole.

W that said I remember have several debates about Beckham vs Lee. I was on the side of Beckham waaaaay over Lee.

After this Sunday night game I will be accepting apologizes from any and all Lee supporters. Praises for my football acumen will also be welcome.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 23 Nov 2014 - 21:38

Polishjetfan wrote:I'm an immature A hole.

W that said I remember have several debates about Beckham vs Lee. I was on the side of Beckham waaaaay over Lee.

After this Sunday night game I will be accepting apologizes from any and all Lee supporters. Praises for my football acumen will also be welcome.

Hahahaha, Pointdexter on the old site said Lee would go before Ebron and be better than Moncreif.  I strongly suspect the Jags #4 WR (moved to #3 only after Robinson's injury) to remain a #3 WR for most of his career.  He's a better Harry Douglas.

I liked Lee, but not #18...just like Matthews WR Eagles.  I liked Matthews; but again, not #18.  Both went in the draft where they were supposed to go.  It will be Moncreif one day we look back and say, "how did that happen?"  He had more receptions today than Wayne and Nicks combined. Moncreif and Hilton will be the Colts top 2 Wrs next year. I suspect we'll be saying the same thing about Latimer for the Broncos one day (how did he slip)..  Lee will be another USC WR, IMO.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sun 23 Nov 2014 - 23:04

If we're patting ourselves on the back, I said Beckham and Mike Evans were the best football players I personally saw play last year.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sun 23 Nov 2014 - 23:16

By the way, not counting Bama players WVU WR Kevin White and Florida DE Dante Fowler are the 2 best players I saw this year so far
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 6:17

Sarge - I can see the Raiders wanting to give Carr Cooper to work with, don't you think? It may not be the most conventional pick, but it's the Raiders we're talking about, not rxactly known for doing the most conventional things. What do you think about them maybe taking Cooper #1 overall? After the win this week, I could see them really wanting to add pieces around Carr and no offensive piece is bigger in this draft than Cooper, IMO.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 9:00

Can't see Raiders doing anything but trading out of #1
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 9:07

Sarge wrote:Can't see Raiders doing anything but trading out of #1

Hope you're right...and hope our GMs grows some testicles to pull the trigger; but I guess at his age, if it hasn't happened yet, probably isn't going to happen. pale
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 11:38

Superman55 wrote:That Beckham guy Cy wanted looks amazing.

Besides myself, I honestly think Idzik had Odell Beckham Jr. # 1 on his big board ? The Giants were expected by most draft experts to go after OL in the 1st round.

Could you imagine Decker, Harvin & Beckham as targets for Vick this year ? We would not be 2-8. And I do realize that we might not have traded for Harvin if Beckham was on our roster.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 11:46

Superman55 wrote:

Hope you're right...and hope our GMs grows some testicles to pull the trigger; but I guess at his age, if it hasn't happened yet, probably isn't going to happen. pale

Kevin, My God Idzik is only 52 years old, you make him sound older than dirt ? Check around the league, Idzik is one of the younger GM's.

Also, do you realize what the Raiders are going to ask for, to trade out of the # 1 pick ? To go from 5 or 6th pick, I'd bet this & next years #1 & #2 picks. We can't afford to give up 4 high picks, to move up 5 slots, way too expensive. Plus Idzik believes building through the draft, so I don't see it happening.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 12:18

cysporsche wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

Kevin, My God Idzik is only 52 years old, you make him sound older than dirt ? Check around the league, Idzik is one of the younger GM's.

Also, do you realize what the Raiders are going to ask for, to trade out of the # 1 pick ? To go from 5 or 6th pick, I'd bet this & next years #1 & #2 picks. We can't afford to give up 4 high picks, to move up 5 slots, way too expensive. Plus Idzik believes building through the draft, so I don't see it happening.

Go Jets...Cyborg

thought i had posted this earlier, but i can't seem to find the post (was having issues with the site so it may not have gone through). in any event, are people that convinced of Mariotta (or another QB) that they would be willing to give up a huge bounty to move up to the #1 pick. would people give up what the Redskins did to get RGIII (who was the #2 pick) to get Mariotta?

I understand the need to get a franchise QB, but I'm not sure I see one worth giving up multiple high picks to get.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 13:40

hobson54 wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

thought i had posted this earlier, but i can't seem to find the post (was having issues with the site so it may not have gone through).  in any event, are people that convinced of Mariotta (or another QB) that they would be willing to give up a huge bounty to move up to the #1 pick.  would people give up what the Redskins did to get RGIII (who was the #2 pick) to get Mariotta?

I understand the need to get a franchise QB, but I'm not sure I see one worth giving up multiple high picks to get.

I would not.

However, I'm thinking we will be moving from 2/3 to 1, not 6 to 1. Should be less, right? I'm hoping, especially with the new contract structures.

What would you give up for Mariota? I would compare it to the Dolphins trade up for Dion Jordan (hopefully) that was a 1 & 2 to move up 9 spots for Jordan (from 12 to 3).
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 15:38

Superman55 wrote:
    football51 wrote:

·  33m 33 minutes ago  

·  33m 33 minutes ago  

·  2h 2 hours ago  

·  2h 2 hours ago  

·  45m 45 minutes ago  

Out of one side of his mouth his says its too early to evaluate our rookie class and out of the other, it is okay to evaluate other team's rookie players and stamp ours as better.

I love, love, love, love the Amaro pick...I also love last year's TE class.  I think all 3 players mentioned, and CFed and Nilkolas will all be big time NFL talents.

It is no secret ASJ and Ebron have been banged up all year and rely on their legs for success, it is also no secret Amaro doesnt have a second gear.

One thing Joe is for sure, is a homer.  Amaro may have Jason Witten type talent, but I wouldn't put down the Antonio Gates and Vernon Davis type talents because you have Witten.

All 3 have a lot to prove still, IMO.

Seriously? I would've thought that you would be able to recognize his sarcasm Very Happy .
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 17:05

51 - what do you think of Mariota, wrong thread, but we havent caught up lately.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 17:15

Superman55 wrote:51 - what do you think of Mariota, wrong thread, but we havent caught up lately.

I think he's the best qb prospect in this draft, but far from a sure thing. I'd be leery trading up for him even though I don't think we'd have to go that far up. Heck, he might even be on the board when we pick. I'd take him if he was there, but I'd want to sit him for at least half of the 2015 season. There's no reason to rush him out there. He needs to learn to take the ball from under center and that's going to take time. I'd also like to see Geno Smith with a new coaching staff and see if there's any progress.

My picks/wishes from the 2014 draft... Beckham in the first and Landry in the third would look pretty good right now Cool ......... or when we get a coaching staff willing to play/develop young talent. I bet the Bills are kicking themselves for trading away their 2015 first for Watkins. They could've stayed put and taken OBJ or Evans and been just as good. Especially with OBJ. I think he's going to be special.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 17:49

football51 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:51 - what do you think of Mariota, wrong thread, but we havent caught up lately.

I think he's the best qb prospect in this draft, but far from a sure thing. I'd be leery trading up for him even though I don't think we'd have to go that far up. Heck, he might even be on the board when we pick. I'd take him if he was there, but I'd want to sit him for at least half of the 2015 season. There's no reason to rush him out there. He needs to learn to take the ball from under center and that's going to take time. I'd also like to see Geno Smith with a new coaching staff and see if there's any progress.

My picks/wishes from the 2014 draft... Beckham in the first and Landry in the third would look pretty good right now Cool ......... or when we get a coaching staff willing to play/develop young talent. I bet the Bills are kicking themselves for trading away their 2015 first for Watkins. They could've stayed put and taken OBJ or Evans and been just as good. Especially with OBJ. I think he's going to be special.

Probably would have cost you that 3rd to get ObJ.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 17:53

Superman55 wrote:
    football51 wrote:

Probably would have cost you that 3rd to get ObJ.

Yup.......... but that was my predraft pick/hope. I didn't think the Giants were going wr.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024 - 8:40