Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+14
Lakerfan1980
football51
hobson54
NYJETSDAN16
Seaver
Superman55
LIJETFAN
Old#15
cysporsche
The Wicker Man
SackExchange
NickSINYC
GratefulJet
jetfandreamer
18 posters

Forget Mariota and Winston..the guy that should be Jets next QB...

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Forget Mariota and Winston..the guy that should be Jets next QB... - Page 2 Empty Re: Forget Mariota and Winston..the guy that should be Jets next QB...

Post by Superman55 Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 20:12

jetfandreamer wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:I don't agree above about the hype for Mariota. I think he will be the #1 pick to whatever team want's to give up a boat load of draft picks to the Raiders for him.

I am flipping again on Jameis Winston. After watching a much more competitive game for the ACC crown, I realized one thing about Winston. HE IS A WINNER. I don't think he's ever lost a game. He was cheering for his teammates, and I saw him running down field blocking for his RB. If he can stay out of jail, grow up & work on his mechanic's, I see no reason why he can't be a good QB in the NFL.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Can we really take the chance on him....??    

Well, he squares off again Mariota soon enough.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Forget Mariota and Winston..the guy that should be Jets next QB... - Page 2 Empty Re: Forget Mariota and Winston..the guy that should be Jets next QB...

Post by GratefulJet Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 20:30

jetfandreamer wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:I don't agree above about the hype for Mariota. I think he will be the #1 pick to whatever team want's to give up a boat load of draft picks to the Raiders for him.

I am flipping again on Jameis Winston. After watching a much more competitive game for the ACC crown, I realized one thing about Winston. HE IS A WINNER. I don't think he's ever lost a game. He was cheering for his teammates, and I saw him running down field blocking for his RB. If he can stay out of jail, grow up & work on his mechanic's, I see no reason why he can't be a good QB in the NFL.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Can we really take the chance on him....??    

The question may end being, can we afford NOT to take a chance on him? If the alternative is to wait till round 3 for a Sean Mannion type, I'd just as soon go with Famous Jameis. It's a high risk play, but when you're in the position we are with respect to QB, we probably have to start taking some chances on high risk players. I'd rather make a play for Mariota and groom him carefully for a year, but we may not have that opportunity.
    jetfandreamer
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by jetfandreamer Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 21:13

Right now Jets have 4th..if we lose out..will have no worse than 3rd I am pretty sure...Jax plays Tenn in 2 weeks...next week is a draft pick elimation game w Tenn and Jets....
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 21:19

jetfandreamer wrote:Right now Jets have 4th..if we lose out..will have no worse than 3rd I am pretty sure...Jax plays Tenn in 2 weeks...next week is a draft pick elimation game w Tenn and Jets....

I know Carolina looked good today, but they are a different team every week. So Tampa at Panthers and then home versus GB (loss) and Saints. I could see Tampa accidentally beating the Panthers or Saints at home. If I was betting, I'd bet they lose out, but you never know (just like Raiders beating SF today).
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 21:52

Superman55 wrote:
    jetfandreamer wrote:Right now Jets have 4th..if we lose out..will have no worse than 3rd I am pretty sure...Jax plays Tenn in 2 weeks...next week is a draft pick elimation game w Tenn and Jets....

I know Carolina looked good today, but they are a different team every week.  So Tampa at Panthers and then home versus GB (loss) and Saints.  I could see Tampa accidentally beating the Panthers or Saints at home.  If I was betting, I'd bet they lose out, but you never know (just like Raiders beating SF today).
    That Raider win help us out so much. Loved it!
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 21:56

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

I know Carolina looked good today, but they are a different team every week.  So Tampa at Panthers and then home versus GB (loss) and Saints.  I could see Tampa accidentally beating the Panthers or Saints at home.  If I was betting, I'd bet they lose out, but you never know (just like Raiders beating SF today).
    That Raider win help us out so much.  Loved it!

Well, Titans losing Hunter last week was too bad.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 22:04

Yeah, if Oakland can beat SF, you figure anything can happen these last few games.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 22:15

GratefulJet wrote:Yeah, if Oakland can beat SF, you figure anything can happen these last few games.

Exactly! I just feel the Jets locker room is completely dejected from this Minnesota loss. Especially how it ended. I personally am super happy with the outcome. I just don't see any motivation whatsoever from here on out with the exception of a couple of players that of course you build a team around such as Sheldon Richardson.

Not for nothing, but the team has no life and let's be real, the QB play has alot to do with it. The 1st play and Geno throws a pick 6. It's just like the Bears game where he spotted teams points up front as if he was some how covering the Vegas spread.
    We can blame the CB's the O-line or WR not getting open, but when your signal caller keeps repeating the same mistakes that during the week coaches try to fix, it sucks the life out of every facet of the team.

As long as Geno plays, the team won't win anymore games. The team has no faith and no life with him at the helm.

In saying so, hopefully the next coming weeks it will be dog vs dog. If Tampa wins and Tennessee wins, then the next week we root hard for Jax to beat the titans and by week 17, we will be in sole possession of the 1st overall draft pick. Praying we lose to Miami.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Mon 8 Dec 2014 - 13:26

Actually I thought Geno played his best game of the year, and I would not object to bringing him back as our 2nd or 3rd string QB next season.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Mon 8 Dec 2014 - 14:33

cysporsche wrote:Actually I thought Geno played his best game of the year, and I would not object to bringing him back as our 2nd or 3rd string QB next season.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Geno's best game was the Raiders game, and I'm hoping for 3 new QB's next year.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Mon 8 Dec 2014 - 14:35

I'm not saying Geno is Joe Montana, but in the right system with right coach, with the right supporting cast, I think he could be a good QB. Alex Smith got run out of SF, Sanchez got run out of NY, San Diego let Drew Bress walk, Eagles gave up on Sonny Jurgensun, etc

Let's hire Pep Hamilton, draft Amari Cooper, get 1 top free agent WR and see what happens
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Mon 8 Dec 2014 - 14:54

Sarge wrote:I'm not saying Geno is Joe Montana, but in the right system with right coach, with the right supporting cast, I think he could be a good QB.  Alex Smith got run out of SF, Sanchez got run out of NY, San Diego let Drew Bress walk, Eagles gave up on Sonny Jurgensun, etc

Let's hire Pep Hamilton, draft Amari Cooper, get 1 top free agent WR and see what happens

Sarge, You want Cooper, a free agent WR, to go along with Harvin, Decker & Kerley would be overkill. I agree on Cooper, but I'd rather focus free agency towards our OL, CB, or OLB position.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by lnap23 Mon 8 Dec 2014 - 14:57

Draft Cooper and Bryce Petty... Then OL depth.... Free agency focus on CB and OLB
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Mon 8 Dec 2014 - 15:02

cysporsche wrote:

Sarge, You want Cooper, a free agent WR, to go along with Harvin, Decker & Kerley would be overkill. I agree on Cooper, but I'd rather focus free agency towards our OL, CB, or OLB position.

I'd be okay with Cooper and hope for the best from Evans, Enunwa, Salas, Owusu, or Powell
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Mon 8 Dec 2014 - 16:09

Sarge wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:

I'd be okay with Cooper and hope for the best from Evans, Enunwa, Salas, Owusu, or Powell

I'm hoping for an 'Oday' type performance from one of our red-shirted WRs next year.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Thu 11 Dec 2014 - 6:43

Something to keep an eyes on, last 3 Michigan State QBs in the NFL - Drew Stanton, Brian Hoyer, and Kirk Cousins.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Thu 11 Dec 2014 - 10:42

I only watched one Baylor game so far, but Bryce Petty QB stats have been fantastic. Any Baylor fans out there that can tell me something about Petty. I would love Cooper, Petty & a OL with my top 3 picks.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Thu 11 Dec 2014 - 10:47

He's another spread offense QB who always has at least one wide open receiver to throw to. A less mobile version of Geno Smith. Probably a smarter one too, given some of the things that Geno has been saying lately about playing at a Pro Bowl level.
    NCgreen12
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NCgreen12 Thu 11 Dec 2014 - 14:35

I suspect January 1st from 12:30 (MSU / Baylor) and 4:30 (Oregon / FSU) we will get to see Cook, Winston and Mariota. And Jan 2nd at 645 (KState /UCLA) Hundley. Good two days of getting a last look...
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sat 13 Dec 2014 - 11:33

i really hope Cook declares.

Atleast it would give us options if we can't get Mariota. Though i feel we would have to lock up the #2 overall spot in order to land him. I honestly feel Tennessee or Tampa would draft him instanteously.
    I feel Cook's stock will elevate once the combine is all said and done.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sat 13 Dec 2014 - 11:39

cysporsche wrote:I only watched one Baylor game so far, but Bryce Petty QB stats have been fantastic. Any Baylor fans out there that can tell me something about Petty. I would love Cooper, Petty & a OL with my top 3 picks.

Go Jets...Cyborg

The guy is gritty as they come. I honestly thought Baylor's offense upgraded to Petty once RG3 left. He stands tall in the pocket but is mobile when he has to. IMHO, i feel he will be a late 1st round pick.

If the Jets don't land Mariota or Cook, then i would be still ecstatic with Cooper and Petty.
    He doesn't have a great arm but makes up for it with very good anticipation. Accuracy can be improved.

This is one game i studied on him against SMU. He left alot of plays that could have upped his stock. But he is a talent the new coaching staff can definitely develop.

cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sat 13 Dec 2014 - 12:01

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:I only watched one Baylor game so far, but Bryce Petty QB stats have been fantastic. Any Baylor fans out there that can tell me something about Petty. I would love Cooper, Petty & a OL with my top 3 picks.

Go Jets...Cyborg

The guy is gritty as they come. I honestly thought Baylor's offense upgraded to Petty once RG3 left. He stands tall in the pocket but is mobile when he has to.  IMHO, i feel he will be a late 1st round pick.

If the Jets don't land Mariota or Cook, then i would be still ecstatic with Cooper and Petty.
    He doesn't have a great arm but makes up for it with very good anticipation. Accuracy can be improved.

This is one game i studied on him against SMU. He left alot of plays that could have upped his stock.  But he is a talent the new coaching staff can definitely develop.

Thanks Dan, but we need a big armed QB playing in Met-Life Stadium. That's what concerns me about Jaemis Winston, he throws those ugly wounded duck passes with no tight spiral.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sat 13 Dec 2014 - 15:58

cysporsche wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

The guy is gritty as they come. I honestly thought Baylor's offense upgraded to Petty once RG3 left. He stands tall in the pocket but is mobile when he has to.  IMHO, i feel he will be a late 1st round pick.

This is one game i studied on him against SMU. He left alot of plays that could have upped his stock.  But he is a talent the new coaching staff can definitely develop.

Thanks Dan, but we need a big armed QB playing in Met-Life Stadium. That's what concerns me about Jaemis Winston, he throws those ugly wounded duck passes with no tight spiral.

Go Jets...Cyborg

i hear ya. You know who throws a mean spiral though........................

NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sat 13 Dec 2014 - 16:16

2013 fiesta bowl

after he scores the 1st td, they play hawaii 5-0
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 13 Dec 2014 - 18:48

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

Go Jets...Cyborg

i hear ya.  You know who throws a mean spiral though........................

Of the two, I'm with you Dan. I dont think he's as much of a slam dunk as you, but I trust his ball more than Winston. When you think of road games vs Pats and Bills, you don't want a guy throwing in sunny florida 1 pick on every 10 throws over 5 yards...you have to worry a little about a kid who cant throw spirals...

But the game vs Mariota in a couple weeks is so juicy...Im just worried about the Vince Young effect the winner's stock will get...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 1 May 2024 - 17:46