Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+27
football51
skop
SackExchange
Seaver
DonMaynard
McJet
jamesfyo123
Blindsidebrick
Polishjetfan
GratefulJet
WilliesDad
Metjetgal
MachinaVerde
Atljet60
The Wicker Man
Old#15
trico990
Lakerfan1980
LIJETFAN
HYATT™
hobson54
danfran
lnap23
soj
NickSINYC
JohnnyBaseball
Superman55
31 posters

Geno Smith

The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Geno Smith - Page 4 Empty Re: Geno Smith

Post by The Wicker Man Tue 30 Sep 2014 - 12:58

Every time a Jets QB drops back to throw a pass, I hold my breathe, i just want that feeling to end.
    Smith, Vick, Simms....doesn't matter.

I keep going back and forth on whether I want to live through GS or give MV a shot. Boomer
    seems to be level headed about the whole patience thing with Geno and other pundits are
    screaming for Vick. Both sides bring up valid points as do you guys here, but I think real answer
    is still in college. scratch
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 30 Sep 2014 - 16:24

Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI · 3m 3 minutes ago
    Jaworski thinks Geno has to improve, but said Jets QB can read a defense and does not stare down receivers, as James Ihedigbo said Sun
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 30 Sep 2014 - 16:27

Chris Lopresti retweeted
    John Schmeelk @Schmeelk · 23h 23 hours ago
    Fans are tired of Geno's turnovers? And they want to play Michael Vick? Vick's last 30 gms with Eagles: 27 interceptions and 25 fumbles.
    Lakerfan1980
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by Lakerfan1980 Tue 30 Sep 2014 - 16:29

Fans are tired of bad QB play, we have no control over who is next in line. I wish the Jets had taken a 3rd or 4 th round QB, then everyone would agree a change is needed. No one want Vick....why was he signed again?
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 30 Sep 2014 - 16:30

football51 wrote:Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI  ·  3m 3 minutes ago
    Jaworski thinks Geno has to improve, but said Jets QB can read a defense and does not stare down receivers, as James Ihedigbo said Sun

My major problem with Geno right now is not how he is seeing the field it is the accuracy of his passing. He is sailing to many ball high and when the ball is down it's usually not in the best spot for receivers to advance it. Maybe he needs some tweaks but that is what I want to see corrected.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Tue 30 Sep 2014 - 16:41

football51 wrote: Chris Lopresti retweeted
    John Schmeelk @Schmeelk  ·  23h 23 hours ago
    Fans are tired of Geno's turnovers? And they want to play Michael Vick? Vick's last 30 gms with Eagles: 27 interceptions and 25 fumbles.

i'm not one calling for geno to be replaced just yet. and i was vociferously opposed to signing vick for his past transgressions. but if both geno and vick are gonna be turnover machines, vick has at least shown a better ability to get the team into the endzone. not said in those stats above (and those were not all fumbles lost) was that he also had 35 passing TDs and 4 rushing TDs. granted not stellar numbers, but a much better ratio that geno has displayed the last year and a quarter (albeit with better weapons in philly)
    Lakerfan1980
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by Lakerfan1980 Tue 30 Sep 2014 - 17:00

Vick is also more likely to throw a pick downfield trying to make a play, where Geno is tossing them on screens and outs.
    Atljet60
    Atljet60
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by Atljet60 Tue 30 Sep 2014 - 17:59

Geno has shown some improvement from last year and the numbers support that. It's too early to predict where his upside is and what he is to become. The fact that Rex and Idzik support Geno and commit towards his development then Geno is here. Rex has to ride this for the time being. It would be good to know for sure that Geno can improve. But, in saying that, I would like to see more turnovers created by Rex's defense to give us a shorter field to score. There aren't many times to score when your drive starts deep on your side of the field.
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Tue 30 Sep 2014 - 18:49

HYATT™️ wrote:
    soj wrote:Hyatt, I don't care what you say or what stats say I care about winning and he had 25 turnover last year and already has 5.  If he continues to make the same mental mistakes which result in turning the ball over and lost games then he needs to sit...
    Honestly SOJ, HYATT™️ is trying his DAMNEDEST to stay open-minded & unbiased about the kid, but he's not making it easy on me - given where he came from in my pre-draft review of him and all of it being fulfilled weekly.

lets make that 7 now Hyatt... I have seen enough. Take away his primary read and he is toast, I seen it over and over, he still locks on to receiver, has inability to read defenses, had poor pocket awareness, has ZERO as in (0) ball security focus and ability ... To make matters worse if he does focus on BS then he really is terrible and needs to ride the pine.  

I'll say it here and now, he is the second coming of Mark S... What a Face What a Face What a Face
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Thu 2 Oct 2014 - 9:29

Inside the mind of the ‘100 percent’ confident Geno Smith
    By Steve SerbyOctober 1, 2014 | 7:27pm
    Modal Trigger
    Inside the mind of the ‘100 percent’ confident Geno Smith
    Geno Smith says his belief has not been shaken at all by his struggles in the Jets' three consecutive losses.
    Photo: AP
    MORE FROM
    STEVE SERBY
    Steve Serby
    How Belichick, Patriots sped up Brady's inevitable demise
    Rex facing ultimate QB call to save season -- and his job
    Geno Smith must get his bleeping act together
    Want to quell the calls for Vick? There's one thing to do, Geno
    Why Kerley sometimes feels he's underrated as a receiver
    These are the times that try young quarterback’s souls, especially here, and Geno Smith’s soul is being tried as never before as he fights to keep his job, and good standing in his locker room, starting Sunday against Philip Rivers and the Chargers in San Diego.
    If your quarterback isn’t a fighter, you have no chance, and Smith promises you he is a fighter.
    “I’m naturally a resilient guy, and I’m always gonna fight to the end,” Smith told The Post.
    Go ahead, ask him about his confidence level.
    “Extremely high, man,” Smith said. “I got confidence in every single guy in this locker room, especially in my coaches. … We’re putting together a really good game plan.
    “And myself, [confidence is] always gonna be high. I believe in myself 100 percent, but I do understand that we’ve gotta play better, and I’m being hard on myself, making sure that any little detail, nothing will slip by, and if it’s another guy, I’m staying on him and making sure that we’re doing the right things to give us a chance to win the game.”
    Go ahead, ask him about his frame of mind.
    “My focus is 100 percent locked in, and I’m just ready to go out there and execute,” Smith said.
    Don’t bother asking him if he thinks there is value putting Michael Vick in as a spark, not for a play, for a quarter …
    “It doesn’t make sense,” Smith said. “What team do you see doing that?”
    The reporter continued, “So you don’t agree with it?”
    Smith: “That’s not a question. Next question.”
    A minute or two later, the reporter was back asking: “If you’re healthy, should you play all four quarters on Sunday?”
    Smith: “Next question.”
    Major progress from, “F—k you,” indeed.
    In case anyone were to interpret his “Next question? answers as more evidence he is cracking, consider that Smith stood at his locker and patiently answered eight additional questions.
    Vick told the media throng around him he received the same number of practice reps.
    “Geno’s upbeat, in good spirits,” Vick said. “Everybody’s looking at him. He’s the leader of this football team, and everybody’s gonna feed off his vibe.”
    Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg should help Smith by resisting the urge to air it out and dust off elements of the Giants’ Super Bowl XXV blueprint against the Bills (40:33 time of possession) by having Chris Ivory and Chris Johnson play the part of Ottis Anderson. It would delight coach Rex Ryan, of course, take some stress off Smith, and if effective, can keep Rivers on the sidelines.
    “It’s important but the ground game has to be productive,” Vick said. “That’s just not our style to just straight run the ball down your throat. I’ve played with Marty and I know what he likes to do, he likes to mix it up and balance it out. But then you’re talking about a ball-control game.”
    Which is every quarterback’s best friend.
    “Yeah, yeah, but it’s easier said than done,” Vick said.
    Smith has thrown more than 30 times during this three-game losing streak. He threw 28 times in the season-opening win over the Raiders. Ivory, who had 71-yard touchdown run, and Johnson combined to rush for 170 of the Jets’ 212 yards on the ground.
    When the Jets upset the Chargers 17-14 in San Diego to advance to the AFC Championship Game following the 2009 season, they rushed for 169 yards and possessed the ball for 31:31. At the Saturday night team meeting, Ryan showed Mike Tyson highlights.
    Johnson (ankle) practiced full Wednesday. Referring to Johnson’s 35-yard TD run against the Lions, Ryan said: “It was vintage Chris Johnson.”
    Asked if the beastly Ivory can wear down a defense in the fourth quarter, Ryan said: “Absolutely. If the game’s going according to plan, you try to hit ’em with a big back at the end, especially when you’re ahead, a guy that can run the ball in a four-minute situation, yeah I believe he’s that guy.”
    Go ahead, ask Geno Smith if he thinks he’s the franchise quarterback.
    “I do believe that I am. but we just gotta continue to work on it,” Smith said.
    “It’s about wins and losses, man, we gotta win more games. Ultimately, that’s the only thing. I don’t think it’s about anything other than that.
    “We just gotta win.”
    Resurrect those Tyson highlights. The fighter quarterback needs a knockout.
    danfran
    danfran
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

Post by danfran Thu 2 Oct 2014 - 10:59

I'm glad someone is 100% confident in Geno.
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Thu 2 Oct 2014 - 14:46

Smith has thrown an interception in 16 of 20 career games (80%). He has 11 multi-turnover games. That’s brutal.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Thu 2 Oct 2014 - 15:33

soj wrote:Smith has thrown an interception in 16 of 20 career games (80%). He has 11 multi-turnover games. That’s brutal.

Vick has 52 ints and fumbles in his last 30 games...his last 30, not his first 30 (you'd think he would have grown out of it, not got worse as he grew older)...that's brutal...
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Thu 2 Oct 2014 - 18:02

Superman55 wrote:
    soj wrote:Smith has thrown an interception in 16 of 20 career games (80%). He has 11 multi-turnover games. That’s brutal.

Vick has 52 ints and fumbles in his last 30 games...his last 30, not his first 30 (you'd think he would have grown out of it, not got worse as he grew older)...that's brutal...

I do not care what Vick did or didn't do maybe you do... what I care about is GENO propensity to turn the ball over .. 80% in 16 career games that is horrible and to boot 11 multiple turnover games.... still think his potential is there when he has difficult;ty reading defenses and locks on to his primary receiver still
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 8:20

soj wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

I do not care what Vick did or didn't do maybe you do... what I care about is GENO propensity to turn the ball over .. 80% in 16 career games that is horrible and to boot 11 multiple turnover games.... still think his potential is there when he has difficult;ty reading defenses and locks on to his primary receiver still

I don't disagree with your point. My point is that we only have two QBs on the roster, both of which have this turnover issue but we have to play each game with one of the QBs on our roster...I have hope the one that is 24 can learn from his mistakes. I have no hope for the one that is 34 that makes the exact same mistakes despite 10+ years of NFL coaching...
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 9:42

soj wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

If Vick is the guy who would be replacing Geno, and Geno is being benched for his turnovers, how do you NOT care about what Vick did regarding turnovers?
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 10:10

SackExchange wrote:
    soj wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

If Vick is the guy who would be replacing Geno, and Geno is being benched for his turnovers, how do you NOT care about what Vick did regarding turnovers?

well one argument could be that if they both are turning the ball over, but one of them is really struggling getting the team into the end zone (especially in the redzone), that perhaps the other one may have more success putting points on the board.
    MachinaVerde
    MachinaVerde
    Admin
    Admin

Post by MachinaVerde Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 10:32

I would like to see him stop taking 12 yard sacks for a loss every single game
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 13:08

Chris Lopresti retweeted
    Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 28m 28 minutes ago
    #Jets QB Geno Smith fined $12,000 for his expletive to a fan last week, source says. Same fine amount as Johnny Manziel’s middle finger
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 13:09

Chris Lopresti @CLoprestiWFAN · 18h 18 hours ago
    Why it's not ALL on Geno... #NYJ RT @PriscoCBS: The bowling-pin line. Four of five on the ground on Geno pick.

Geno Smith - Page 4 By-fIRqIgAAEQU4
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 13:41

football51 wrote:Chris Lopresti @CLoprestiWFAN  ·  18h 18 hours ago
    Why it's not ALL on Geno... #NYJ RT @PriscoCBS: The bowling-pin line. Four of five on the ground on Geno pick.

Geno Smith - Page 4 By-fIRqIgAAEQU4

Don't listen to reason, listen to fans...we are 1-3 solely because of Geno Smith. It has to be fact, because HYATT and his followers (you know who you are) and Mark Sanchez fans say so!

Let the chants begin, put in Vick, put in Vick! His shortcomings be damned!

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 13:43

MachinaVerde wrote:I would like to see him stop taking 12 yard sacks for a loss every single game

I would like to see him throw the ball away instead of scrambling for 0 or negative yards...that drive me crazy every time he steps out of bounds for a 1 yard loss when he was out of the pocket and could have thrown it out of bounds.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 13:58

hobson54 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    soj wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

well one argument could be that if they both are turning the ball over, but one of them is really struggling getting the team into the end zone (especially in the redzone), that perhaps the other one may have more success putting points on the board.

Perhaps. Maybe Vick would have more success getting the Jets in the end zone.

That said, the argument that Geno turns the ball over too much, so let's turn to Vick, seems a bit odd. It's like deciding that drilling into my own skull hurts too much, so I'll pick up a sledgehammer instead.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 14:16

SackExchange wrote:
    hobson54 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    soj wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

Perhaps. Maybe Vick would have more success getting the Jets in the end zone.

That said, the argument that Geno turns the ball over too much, so let's turn to Vick, seems a bit odd. It's like deciding that drilling into my own skull hurts too much, so I'll pick up a sledgehammer instead.

well there's only 2 choices (simms isn't a real choice). so if geno is turning the ball over and not getting the team in the endzone, then the sledgehammer may be the less worse choice than the drill to the head... Drunk

for the record, i'm not calling for geno to be replaced with vick now.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 14:19

Vick may help the one problem. I don't see how his track record suggests he'll fix the other.

In the absence of a drill or hammer...

Bang Head

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 1:57