Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

4 posters

Great article about Jets, Rex, Marty, and Geno.

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Great article about Jets, Rex, Marty, and Geno. Empty Great article about Jets, Rex, Marty, and Geno.

Post by Superman55 Thu 18 Sep 2014 - 6:58

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/09/17/the-new-york-jets-are-heading-in-the-right-direction-with-rex-and-mornhinweg/

I agree with all of these points, it just took me awhile to get over the sting of the snatching a loss out of the jaws of a victory!
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Great article about Jets, Rex, Marty, and Geno. Empty Re: Great article about Jets, Rex, Marty, and Geno.

Post by Old#15 Thu 18 Sep 2014 - 7:14

These type of losses do sting, but as the writer correctly points out you have to keep it in perspective.  The big picture is that we are pointed in the right direction, and the personnel issues will probably take another year to get sorted out.  Patience is not a quality that the Jets' fan base possesses, but it is needed to get this done the right way.
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Great article about Jets, Rex, Marty, and Geno. Empty Re: Great article about Jets, Rex, Marty, and Geno.

Post by soj Thu 18 Sep 2014 - 12:53

I don't know, marty went into a shell.... and that has been the knock on him. And as far as coaching goes....where were the adjustments in the 2nd half?  None...

We have seen this communication dysfunction before and I am starting to wonder if Rex is the answer ot the problem.
    JohnnyBaseball
    JohnnyBaseball
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by JohnnyBaseball Thu 18 Sep 2014 - 13:03

Ah, they're just so unused to having a lead that they didn't know how to handle it! They'll do better next time!
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Thu 18 Sep 2014 - 13:33

JohnnyBaseball wrote:Ah, they're just so unused to having a lead that they didn't know how to handle it! They'll do better next time!

This team is super young...offense and defense.  We don't have too many vet leaders.  I think it is safe to say Mangold and Brick with Geno is the leader of the offense and Mo and Richardson seems to lead the defense.  I would argue that outside of brick and Mangold, we have a lot of guys doing this for the first time.
    JohnnyBaseball
    JohnnyBaseball
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by JohnnyBaseball Thu 18 Sep 2014 - 14:59

Superman55 wrote:
    JohnnyBaseball wrote:Ah, they're just so unused to having a lead that they didn't know how to handle it! They'll do better next time!

This team is super young...offense and defense.  We don't have too many vet leaders.  I think it is safe to say Mangold and Brick with Geno is the leader of the offense and Mo and Richardson seems to lead the defense.  I would argue that outside of brick and Mangold, we have a lot of guys doing this for the first time.

I was mostly just joking, but I do think there is an element of truth to this. All you can hope is that they learn from these experiences, so that next time, hopefully when there's a little more on the line, they'll know how to handle themselves.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 8 May 2024 - 3:14