Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+11
Blindsidebrick
Old#15
NCgreen12
cysporsche
McJet
Superman55
Seaver
LIJETFAN
NickSINYC
Sarge
SackExchange
15 posters

McShay: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

McShay: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 2.0 - Page 2 Empty Re: McShay: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

Post by cysporsche Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 17:40

I'm hearing that Kevin White WR from WVU is going to blow by Amari Cooper WR from Alabama in the draft after the Combines ? Saw a Mock Draft today that had White going #4 to the Raiders. Here's the million dollar question Jet brothers, what will new Mgt. do if Mariota is sitting there @ 6 ? It could happen. If we trade the pick, or go in a different direction, the fan base will start the bonfires and get our their pitch forks, and change the Idzik banner !

Go Jets....Cyborg
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

McShay: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 2.0 - Page 2 Empty Re: McShay: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

Post by Seaver Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 17:47

they're not drafting Luck. Not drafting Manning. They're looking at a question mark and I see too many posters here falling in the trap of need over best available. We don't even know if he's the next best available at his own position.......he's an unknown and as such you don't treat the pick with that little of respect. You have to nail it - not roll the dice and have no clue of the outcome. Nobody is calling him a franchise QB, so why would you invest like he was? Makes no sense to me.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 17:58

Seaver wrote:they're not drafting Luck.  Not drafting Manning.  They're looking at a question mark and I see too many posters here falling in the trap of need over best available.  We don't even know if he's the next best available at his own position.......he's an unknown and as such you don't treat the pick with that little of respect.  You have to nail it - not roll the dice and have no clue of the outcome.  Nobody is calling him a franchise QB, so why would you invest like he was?  Makes no sense to me.  

Our new GM is a analytics guy and uses his formulas and draft grade process to select players. I think we trade back and go quantity over quality this year.
    McJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by McJet Sat 7 Feb 2015 - 1:10

yup, can't have enough quantity.....
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Sat 7 Feb 2015 - 6:15

Superman55 wrote:
    Seaver wrote:they're not drafting Luck.  Not drafting Manning.  They're looking at a question mark and I see too many posters here falling in the trap of need over best available.  We don't even know if he's the next best available at his own position.......he's an unknown and as such you don't treat the pick with that little of respect.  You have to nail it - not roll the dice and have no clue of the outcome.  Nobody is calling him a franchise QB, so why would you invest like he was?  Makes no sense to me.  

Our new GM is a analytics guy and uses his formulas and draft grade process to select players.  I think we trade back and go quantity  over quality this year.

I thought Idzik was fired Smile
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sat 7 Feb 2015 - 11:14

Superman55 wrote:

Our new GM is a analytics guy and uses his formulas and draft grade process to select players.  I think we trade back and go quantity  over quality this year.

55, If our new GM is an actuarial numbers stats guy, would'nt that lead him directly @ Mariota QB. Mariota has some of the best stats @ QB I've ever seen. What if he hates Geno like you do ? Personally, I'm torn on Geno ? Geno is like golf, you play and suck for 15 rounds, and just as you're ready to quit, you shoot the best round of golf in your life with the 16th round.

Geno in the 16th game against the Flippers was incredible. He had a perfect QB rating. Not sure if it was because his whole family was there because he was raised there, or if he was playing his heart out for Rex or what. But I saw talent with a strong arm, quick feet, and he was reading the whole field instead of locking in on a WR.

I would almost agree with 55, in that Mariota is sitting there @ 6, I think some team (Eagles, Rams, Browns, Cowboys), would give up a ton to get him. Not RG3 amount for a 6th, but maybe a teams #1 this and next year and their #3 this year & next. I'd ask for 2 #one's & 2 # threes for Mariota. If we got those picks and kill the draft & free agency, the Jets will be ready for the future. Cheers

Go Jets...Cyborg
    NCgreen12
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NCgreen12 Sun 8 Feb 2015 - 9:42

cysporsche wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

55, If our new GM is an actuarial numbers stats guy, would'nt that lead him directly @ Mariota QB. Mariota has some of the best stats @ QB I've ever seen. What if he hates Geno like you do ? Personally, I'm torn on Geno ? Geno is like golf, you play and suck for 15 rounds, and just as you're ready to quit, you shoot the best round of golf in your life with the 16th round.

Geno in the 16th game against the Flippers was incredible. He had a perfect QB rating. Not sure if it was because his whole family was there because he was raised there, or if he was playing his heart out for Rex or what. But I saw talent with a strong arm, quick feet, and he was reading the whole field instead of locking in on a WR.

I would almost agree with 55, in that Mariota is sitting there @ 6, I think some team (Eagles, Rams, Browns, Cowboys), would give up a ton to get him. Not RG3 amount for a 6th, but maybe a teams #1 this and next year and their #3 this year & next. I'd ask for 2 #one's & 2 # threes for Mariota. If we got those picks and kill the draft & free agency, the Jets will be ready for the future. Cheers

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Cy - without a franchise QB do you really think we will be ready. Look at the final 4 QB's. Rodgers, Wilson, Brady and Luck. It's like that most every year. If some or all those teams are desperate to move up to get him maybe the team with the real QB need should draft him. I agree with your golf analogy on Geno and am suspect he will ever get over the hump. Mariota may be a bust but the alternative (not having a possible long term answer at QB) is worse. I'm doing cart wheels if he's there.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Sun 8 Feb 2015 - 10:32

If Mariota is the guy at #6, then my only wish is that we have a 1-2 year bridge plan so that he isn't used too early. I know this is unpopular, but if Geno can be that bridge, we as an organization will be much better off. Big if, but if he comes through under Gailey we have a great situation depth and trade value wise. Should be a very interesting Spring, because we will have some real insight into what others (mostly the new coaching staff and front office) think of our roster particularly Geno. I'm excited for the possibilities.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Sun 8 Feb 2015 - 16:11

Old#15 wrote:If Mariota is the guy at #6, then my only wish is that we have a 1-2 year bridge plan so that he isn't used too early.  I know this is unpopular, but if Geno can be that bridge, we as an organization will be much better off. Big if, but if he comes through under Gailey we have a great situation depth and trade value wise.  Should be a very interesting Spring, because we will have some real insight into what others (mostly the new coaching staff and front office) think of our roster particularly Geno.  I'm excited for the possibilities.

I'm with you, Old#15. But I have doubts that the majority of our media and fan base have that kind of patience. These first round QB's are thrown into the fire immediately in recent years because of a different mentality which says "they'll learn on the fly".

If we draft Mariota, I'd be perfectly fine letting him sit a year to learn the game at this level. Now, if he catches on quickly and has a great preseason (hypothetically), then throw him in there. But he's probably gonna need some time.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 10 Feb 2015 - 11:31

Blindsidebrick wrote:
    Old#15 wrote:If Mariota is the guy at #6, then my only wish is that we have a 1-2 year bridge plan so that he isn't used too early.  I know this is unpopular, but if Geno can be that bridge, we as an organization will be much better off. Big if, but if he comes through under Gailey we have a great situation depth and trade value wise.  Should be a very interesting Spring, because we will have some real insight into what others (mostly the new coaching staff and front office) think of our roster particularly Geno.  I'm excited for the possibilities.

I'm with you, Old#15. But I have doubts that the majority of our media and fan base have that kind of patience. These first round QB's are thrown into the fire immediately in recent years because of a different mentality which says "they'll learn on the fly".

If we draft Mariota, I'd be perfectly fine letting him sit a year to learn the game at this level. Now, if he catches on quickly and has a great preseason (hypothetically), then throw him in there. But he's probably gonna need some time.

agreed. If we draft him, I dont want to see him, even in stupid sub packages, for 8 weeks. I want him to do nothing but learn the game and learn how to simply prepare for an NFL game as a professional. Im not against drafting him, but I am against drafting him and thinking he is a plug and play QB...he's not.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Tue 10 Feb 2015 - 13:07

Superman55 wrote:
    Blindsidebrick wrote:

agreed.  If we draft him, I dont want to see him, even in stupid sub packages, for 8 weeks.  I want him to do nothing but learn the game and learn how to simply prepare for an NFL game as a professional.  Im not against drafting him, but I am against drafting him and thinking he is a plug and play QB...he's not.

BTW - I'm not going to miss wildcat and other gadget plays!
    MachinaVerde
    MachinaVerde
    Admin
    Admin

Post by MachinaVerde Tue 10 Feb 2015 - 20:19

Hey old #15 have you checked out the board yet? We would love to have you over there man
    Metjetgal
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Metjetgal Tue 10 Feb 2015 - 20:42

Whoever we pick, gotta nail it!!!
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 11 Feb 2015 - 9:12

Metjetgal wrote:Whoever we pick, gotta nail it!!!

Did you register at the new board yet?
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Wed 11 Feb 2015 - 17:56

Holy crap this place is dead since the boy's skipped town!!!?

Go Jets....Cyborg
    NCgreen12
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NCgreen12 Mon 16 Feb 2015 - 12:03

cysporsche wrote:Holy crap this place is dead since the boy's skipped town!!!?

Go Jets....Cyborg
    Is there a new board?
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Mon 16 Feb 2015 - 18:43

NCgreen12 wrote:

Go Jets....Cyborg
    Is there a new board?

yeah, check the announcement thread pinned above.
    NCgreen12
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NCgreen12 Mon 16 Feb 2015 - 23:27

hobson54 wrote:
    NCgreen12 wrote:

Go Jets....Cyborg
    Is there a new board?

yeah, check the announcement thread pinned above.
    Thanks G.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024 - 2:51