Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+11
SackExchange
Sarge
Blindsidebrick
football51
Old#15
GratefulJet
Superman55
NickSINYC
NCgreen12
McJet
cysporsche
15 posters

Jets @ Dolphins Game thread

Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Jets @ Dolphins Game thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Jets @ Dolphins Game thread

Post by Sarge Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 16:30

I think Rex is gone - - still think an offensive guy will be hired -Bevell, Haley,Hamilton,or Gase. Kubiak, Hue Jackson, and Linehan right behind
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 16:36

soj wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:Oh and where was this wide open O all season wasn't it Rex holding it back when it mattered

No it was a QB who had a propensity to throw ints and fumble... Its called trusting the player which they seem to have lost faith in him during the year and why not what did he show...

For me today was an "aberration" not the norm for Geno... he needs to prove that he can sustain it which he hasn't....

The coaches did everything to help him.  The GM did everything to help him.  Geno didn't do enough to help himself. He has been erratic in both seasons.

Lets be honest, If there were to be a game next week after today's performance to possibly clinch a wild card spot does anyone really think Geno would preform as he did today?  Definitely not. He might have a total of 67 passing yards and lose the game.

It doesn't matter who Woody brings in here to "Develop" Geno. His play is mediocre at best when it matters most.  Though when the pressure is off like it was last year, he plays like CRAP.  
    Last year when we were still in the playoff hunt vs the Panthers, Geno Failed miserably.  Then the subsequent weeks when nothing mattered, he showed what many stated as "promise".

The same exact BS just happened fellas through the course of this season.  Geno just doesn't get it.

TIME TO MOVE ON!
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 16:39

Jets were the only team fighting for better draft pick position playing at 1pm to be stupid enough to win their game. Lets hope the Raiders are just as stupid. If they win maybe we have a shot at the 5th pick instead of the 6th but not sure how tie breaker will shake out
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 16:41

NickSINYC wrote:Jets were the only team fighting for better draft pick position playing at 1pm to be stupid enough to win their game. Lets hope the Raiders are just as stupid. If they win maybe we have a shot at the 5th pick instead of the 6th but not sure how tie breaker will shake out

Hopefully Manning doesn't play the entire game.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 16:41

NickSINYC wrote:Jets were the only team fighting for better draft pick position playing at 1pm to be stupid enough to win their game. Lets hope the Raiders are just as stupid. If they win maybe we have a shot at the 5th pick instead of the 6th but not sure how tie breaker will shake out

It truly is unbelievable. But as I said, it all depends on the new GM and how he wants to veer this franchise.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 16:44

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    soj wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:Oh and where was this wide open O all season wasn't it Rex holding it back when it mattered

No it was a QB who had a propensity to throw ints and fumble... Its called trusting the player which they seem to have lost faith in him during the year and why not what did he show...

For me today was an "aberration" not the norm for Geno... he needs to prove that he can sustain it which he hasn't....

The coaches did everything to help him.  The GM did everything to help him.  Geno didn't do enough to help himself. He has been erratic in both seasons.

Lets be honest, If there were to be a game next week after today's performance to possibly clinch a wild card spot does anyone really think Geno would preform as he did today?  Definitely not. He might have a total of 67 passing yards and lose the game.

It doesn't matter who Woody brings in here to "Develop" Geno. His play is mediocre at best when it matters most.  Though when the pressure is off like it was last year, he plays like CRAP.  
    Last year when we were still in the playoff hunt vs the Panthers, Geno Failed miserably.  Then the subsequent weeks when nothing mattered, he showed what many stated as "promise".

The same exact BS just happened fellas through the course of this season.  Geno just doesn't get it.

TIME TO MOVE ON!

I do not want to be defending Geno I am not a big fan of his and wanted one of the top QBs dratted next year along with signing a vet.

That said to write off Geno after only 2 seasons is premature. Even before this game he deserved to be in the mix for roster spot next year.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 16:55

Some of y'all need to be more bitter and belly ache more - you aren't trying hard enough Rolling Eyes
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 16:59

Sarge wrote:Some of y'all need to be more bitter and belly ache more - you aren't trying hard enough Rolling Eyes

I am trying hard to do my part lol! J-E-T-S

I guess that was directed towards me I will own up to the whining
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 17:12

To me it doesn't matter whether we pick 3rd or 6th. If you're the GM and there's a player you want badly enough, you go get him.
    It may cost you a lot, but if Mr. GM feels the player is a difference maker, then so be it.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 18:33

The Wicker Man wrote:To me it doesn't matter whether we pick 3rd or 6th. If you're the GM and there's a player you want badly enough, you go get him.
    It may cost you a lot, but if Mr. GM feels the player is a difference maker, then so be it.

I couldn't agree more. The Rams did it jumping 7 spots to draft Tavon Austin ahead of us, then the Bills moved up this past draft for Watkins.

IMHO, the teams that are ahead of us are in much worse shape than we are.  Therefore we can ill afford to trade picks in order to draft the player that the franchise covets. Tampa would relinquish the top pick for 2 1st rounder instantly.  Even Jacksonville for that matter to get Cooper.

This obviously will all depend on how the new GM will attack this off season as we are in an excellent position to upgrade every area of need & give Mo a new contract.  If the Jets trade for Cutler, RG3 or any other QB that might be on the trading block then you pull a trade with Tennessee to snatch Cooper.

If the Jets upgrade the WR position with the likes of Fitzgerald or Bryant as potential targets, then there will IMHO be a strong consideration to land Mariota with a block buster trade.

I was all for the Jets to tank it as this season was a complete loss.  Geno is just a complete failure and i'am sorry folks, today's performance means absolutely nothing.  If he wanted to make a case for himself with all the weapons around him, he should have done it when it mattered.

The best part of the new regime coming in is that there will be no bias with Geno.  He will have to fight even to be on the team ala Stephen Hill. Hopefully the new GM will bring in a guy via free agency like a Brian Hoyer and also draft some one like a Bryce Petty if they desire not to make any splash trades.  

That in itself knowing Geno wont be handed anything to him makes this off season comforting.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 22:30

The Wicker Man wrote:To me it doesn't matter whether we pick 3rd or 6th. If you're the GM and there's a player you want badly enough, you go get him.

Billy +1 agree, but will the Jets be able to target the right player, and how much will we be willing to give up to get that player ?

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Metjetgal
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Metjetgal Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 10:00

Thx for the crap win Geno!
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 11:01

Metjetgal wrote:Thx for the crap win Geno!

I'm not exactly thrilled we won, either. We needed Jax to lose though, combined with us losing, to move up to #3. When you're hoping for a Jaguars win, your're asking for a lot.

Besides, does anyone really believe the notion that players tank job a game for draft position? Cannizarro suggested as much today in his column, saying the "Jets can't even lose the right way" (I'm paraphrasing). Seriously? This is the stuff that makes me question how smart some of these guys really are.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 11:11

Blindsidebrick wrote:

I'm not exactly thrilled we won, either. We needed Jax to lose though, combined with us losing, to move up to #3. When you're hoping for a Jaguars win, your're asking for a lot.

Besides, does anyone really believe the notion that players tank job a game for draft position? Cannizarro suggested as much today in his column, saying the "Jets can't even lose the right way" (I'm paraphrasing). Seriously? This is the stuff that makes me question how smart some of these guys really are.

I would never expect player to want to lose any game.

What I would hope for is management to put our worst version on the field in meaningless games where a loss would be good for our long term future. The way Tampa did yesterday.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 11:51

Blindsidebrick wrote:

Obviously Cannizarro has never played football in H.S. or College. Herm Edwards only made one true statement, "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME"! cheers

Go Jets...Cyborg

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 16 May 2024 - 23:19