Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+18
WilliesDad
DonMaynard
football51
skop
Blindsidebrick
Old#15
Atljet60
soj
Sarge
NYJETSDAN16
McJet
The Wicker Man
Superman55
Lakerfan1980
hobson54
SackExchange
NCgreen12
cysporsche
22 posters

Jet Moves made today!

SackExchange
    SackExchange

Jet Moves made today! - Page 4 Empty Re: Jet Moves made today!

Post by SackExchange Sun 14 Dec 2014 - 12:16

The team needs another CB. Those guys are depth guys. Milliner is a starter, McDougle a nickel to replace Wilson. Those other guys are good backups, but that's it.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 14 Dec 2014 - 12:43

SackExchange wrote:The team needs another CB. Those guys are depth guys. Milliner is a starter, McDougle a nickel to replace Wilson. Those other guys are good backups, but that's it.

Exactly.
    McJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by McJet Sun 14 Dec 2014 - 19:49

Moves made today....Backwards
    went from #2 with a loss to #6 with a bullish t win.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sun 14 Dec 2014 - 19:52

McJet wrote:Moves made today....Backwards
    went from #2 with a loss to #6 with a bullish t win.

I mentioned something in the game thread but was not sure about tie breakers that was the worse case scenario figures Jets fan luck
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 16:13

Seth Walder @SethWalderNYDN · 8m 8 minutes ago
    Jets released CB Josh Thomas and signed Rontez Miles off the practice squad. #nyj

Seth Walder @SethWalderNYDN · 8m 8 minutes ago
    Jets signed LB Mario Harvey to the practice squad. #nyj

Rich Cimini @RichCimini · 7m 7 minutes ago
    Josh Thomas played in only 1 of 8 games. Not a surprise cut, although stolen playbook makes timing weird. #nyj

Rich Cimini @RichCimini · 5m 5 minutes ago
    The Jets signed LB Mario Harvey to the practice squad, taking Rontez Miles' spot. I like Miles. Hard worker, was waiting for his shot. #nyj

Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 16:13

CB Josh Thomas released.  S Rontez Miles promoted to 53 man roster
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 16:37

football51 wrote:Seth Walder @SethWalderNYDN  ·  8m 8 minutes ago
    Jets released CB Josh Thomas and signed Rontez Miles off the practice squad. #nyj

Seth Walder @SethWalderNYDN  ·  8m 8 minutes ago

Rich Cimini @RichCimini  ·  7m 7 minutes ago
    Josh Thomas played in only 1 of 8 games. Not a surprise cut, although stolen playbook makes timing weird. #nyj

Rich Cimini @RichCimini  ·  5m 5 minutes ago
    The Jets signed LB Mario Harvey to the practice squad, taking Rontez Miles' spot. I like Miles. Hard worker, was waiting for his shot. #nyj

Not sure that lost playbook is a big deal in the long run. It will only be used in 2 meaningless games before it is obsolete.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 16:43

NickSINYC wrote:
    football51 wrote:Seth Walder @SethWalderNYDN  ·  8m 8 minutes ago

Seth Walder @SethWalderNYDN  ·  8m 8 minutes ago

Rich Cimini @RichCimini  ·  7m 7 minutes ago

Rich Cimini @RichCimini  ·  5m 5 minutes ago

Not sure that lost playbook is a big deal in the long run. It will only be used in 2 meaningless games before it is obsolete.

Plus, according to Pettine, Rex hands them out like candy anyway Very Happy .
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 20:44

I understand why fans want the team to lose for the higher draft pick. But does anyone really think these players are going to just lay down for a regular season game? Just go out and half-ass it for a better draft pick? It's so absurd, I can barely write it without laughing.

And these supposedly smart beat writers who bash the team for having the audacity to win a game are showing just how incompetent they are. Any reason to "SOJ" their articles it seems.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 22:26

Blindsidebrick wrote:I understand why fans want the team to lose for the higher draft pick. But does anyone really think these players are going to just lay down for a regular season game? Just go out and half-ass it for a better draft pick? It's so absurd, I can barely write it without laughing.

And these supposedly smart beat writers who bash the team for having the audacity to win a game are showing just how incompetent they are. Any reason to "SOJ" their articles it seems.

I would not expect any player to lay down and tank a game.

What I had hoped for and did not get was having an influx of young players put into action to see if they sink or swim instead of rushing back nicked up players and playing past there prime vets to try and win meaningless games. They should IR any vet with the slightest injury that could end up getting worse and bring up some PS players
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 23:08

NickSINYC wrote:
    Blindsidebrick wrote:I understand why fans want the team to lose for the higher draft pick. But does anyone really think these players are going to just lay down for a regular season game? Just go out and half-ass it for a better draft pick? It's so absurd, I can barely write it without laughing.

I would not expect any player to lay down and tank a game.

What I had hoped for and did not get was having an influx of young players put into action to see if they sink or swim instead of rushing back nicked up players and playing past there prime vets to try and win meaningless games. They should IR any vet with the slightest injury that could end up getting worse and bring up some PS players

I get that. Now's as good a time as any to look at IK, Reilly, Dozier, and a few others. But that's a tough sell to veteran players like Pace, Babin, Colon, and others making a decent chunk who are being told to ride the pine.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 17 Dec 2014 - 7:57

Pace, Babin, and Colon have plenty on film to show teams this offseason. The kids deserve a chance to start putting something on tape to try and make a career for themselves.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Wed 17 Dec 2014 - 8:35

Superman55 wrote:Pace, Babin, and Colon have plenty on film to show teams this offseason.  The kids deserve a chance to start putting something on tape to try and make a career for themselves.

Agree 100%, but Rex is is not going to play the kids in his last home game against Pats.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Wed 17 Dec 2014 - 9:55

Old#15 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:Pace, Babin, and Colon have plenty on film to show teams this offseason.  The kids deserve a chance to start putting something on tape to try and make a career for themselves.

Agree 100%, but Rex is is not going to play the kids in his last home game against Pats.

And try explaining to the guy signing their paychecks that he's paying millions of dollars to players healthy enough to play, but aren't playing. That's what I meant by "tough sell".
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Wed 17 Dec 2014 - 10:01

By this time of the season, coaches know who can play and who can't. For example, the kid signed off Steelers practice squad, Johnson?, he hasn't played for us, but they know if he's a guy who can be counted on next year or not. Practice, meetings, workouts, etc can often tell you more than game film
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Wed 17 Dec 2014 - 10:23

I agree it's a good time to test drive a few rookies to see what we've got before next years draft.

Rex finally gave Jaiquawn Jarrett S a shot and he's looked really good. Same for IK Enemkpali who gives 110% on every play. I also want to see more Trevor Reilly OLB this season instead of Calvin Pace who is gone after this year.

I don't understand all the loyalty to Willie Colon RG the penalty machine ? Willie probably won't be back next season, so why not test the water with Dakota Dozier or Wesley Johnson @ RG ? Or Ben Ijalana RT to replace Breno Giacomini ?

Go Jets...Cyborg
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Wed 17 Dec 2014 - 16:01

Sarge wrote:By this time of the season, coaches know who can play and who can't. For example, the kid signed off Steelers practice squad,  Johnson?, he hasn't played for us, but they know if he's a guy who can be counted on next year or not. Practice,  meetings, workouts, etc can often  tell you more than game film

Do you think our new HC and possible new GM would like some game film on the kids or should he just listen to what Woody has to say about them since he will probably be the only one left.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Wed 17 Dec 2014 - 16:11

Practices are filmed and graded, workouts are logged, the new coaches will have some extra practices during preseason, film of every college and pro snap including preseason and scrimmages of nearly every player is available, and the odds of the entire front office being gone are low. So I wouldn't worry
    McJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by McJet Wed 17 Dec 2014 - 19:11

Blindsidebrick wrote:
    Old#15 wrote:

And try explaining to the guy signing their paychecks that he's paying millions of dollars to players healthy enough to play, but aren't playing. That's what I meant by "tough sell".

He was paying them those millions blowing the lead against the Packers, getting spanked by the Chargers, losing to the Bears with half their O-line depleted and both starting WRers hobbled, Lions and Broncos kaput, How about that display of talent they showed against the Chiefs,Kyle Orton 43 points REALLY?, nice win against the Steelers bye week playing a displaced Bills team that could only practice for a couple of days and playing in a neutral site that was indoors 38 to 3. They had their shot.
    Like that old time classic "the Bad News Bears" let the kids play! Let the kids play!
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 17 Dec 2014 - 19:24

McJet wrote:
    Blindsidebrick wrote:
    Old#15 wrote:

He was paying them those millions blowing the lead against the Packers, getting spanked by the Chargers, losing to the Bears with half their O-line depleted and both starting WRers hobbled, Lions and Broncos kaput, How about that display of talent they showed against the Chiefs,Kyle Orton 43 points REALLY?, nice win against the Steelers bye week playing a displaced Bills team that could only practice for a couple of days and playing in a neutral site that was indoors 38 to 3. They had their shot.
    Like that old time classic "the Bad News Bears" let the kids play! Let the kids play!

They get paid if they play or not...I'm sure as their PT gets cut from 37 to 19 plays...they'll get over it. They better be 19 of the best plays of their life if they want 2015 contracts. I think Babin's signed a 2 year deal anyway... Surprised
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Wed 17 Dec 2014 - 23:30

cysporsche wrote:I agree it's a good time to test drive a few rookies to see what we've got before next years draft.

Rex finally gave Jaiquawn Jarrett S a shot and he's looked really good. Same for IK Enemkpali who gives 110% on every play. I also want to see more Trevor Reilly OLB this season instead of Calvin Pace who is gone after this year.

I don't understand all the loyalty to Willie Colon RG the penalty machine ? Willie probably won't be back next season, so why not test the water with Dakota Dozier or Wesley Johnson @ RG ? Or Ben Ijalana RT to replace Breno Giacomini ?

Go Jets...Cyborg

Geez, I had a brain fart leaving Matt Sims off my list above. We know what we have in Geno, and we know Vick is probably gone, but do we really know what we have in Matt Simms ? he played in one series of live bullets and he looked very good. Let him play a little before he's gone. With the Flipper game in Miami one mile from Geno's families home, you know he'll start against the Flipper's, especially after knocking them out of the playoffs game 16 last year. I'd really like to see Matt play.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 16:58

Miles with emergency surgery after practice today. The kid can't catch a break.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 11:05

SackExchange wrote:The team needs another CB. Those guys are depth guys. Milliner is a starter, McDougle a nickel to replace Wilson. Those other guys are good backups, but that's it.

Is it just me or does Marcus Williams CB look like a keeper @ CB ? Another great pick-up Idzik gets no credit for. Next year CB & Safety might be one of our stronger parts of our team.
    Even if Kyle Wilson is gone after this year, we have have some real good CB's coming back from I.R..We might need help @ FS, but we are loaded @ SS.

CB's:
    Dee Milliner
    Darrin Walls
    Dexter McDougle
    Marcus Williams
    Phillip Adams
    Dashaun Phillips
    Keith Lewis

Safety:
    Calvin Pryor
    Antonio Allen
    Jaiquawn Jarrett
    Dawan Landry ?
    Rontez Miles

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Marac
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Marac Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 13:23

I really want to see if IK can seal the edge on a few run downs... He looks like an exciting prospect in the limited action that we have seen so far...
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 13:45

I still see troubling plays from Williams and Walls and Adams when they have their backs to the QB........they have been decent when the play is in front of them. Williams' INT was luck.....he was beat on the play, but the pressure forced an errant throw. I'd keep for depth and see if he can develop, but I would not be surprised if he didn't make the team next summer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content