Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+23
danfran
Atljet60
The Wicker Man
Sarge
NYJETSDAN16
NickSINYC
LIJETFAN
GratefulJet
JETMAN10
SackExchange
NCgreen12
Metjetgal
cysporsche
HYATT™
hobson54
trico990
JohnnyBaseball
Blindsidebrick
Superman55
football51
Old#15
soj
MachinaVerde
27 posters

Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET - Page 15 Empty Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

Post by football51 Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 15:43

Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI  ·  26m
    Only one of these is pass interference: #jets #bears pic.twitter.com/ORUcnDaEHb

Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET - Page 15 ByPYSfbIUAA4_iO

Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET - Page 15 ByPYSgoIEAIoquX

Actually, I think the first one was OFFENSIVE PI, and the second was defensive PI.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET - Page 15 Empty Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

Post by SackExchange Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 15:56

LIJETFAN wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:There seems to be a bit more panic than I expected. This is definitely a bad loss, as was last week. But I'm not sure it makes for a dire situation, yet.

What it does make is next week's a true must-win. We also need to see better play from our CBs and a much, much better Geno. If he has another night like last night, it's trouble.

That said, getting to 2-2 would be fine. 1-3 would be very troubling.
    Sack, I think there is some panic because our schedule is very rough.  Nobody thinks we can beat Denver.  San Diego is playing great football right now and look like a legitimate SB contender.  Rivers is on a hot streak and they have talent.  Detroit could potentially run us right out of the building with that offense.  And the Patriots, well, they have tortured us for years and years.  It is very easy to see this team being 1-5 or 2-5, then what?  The season is over by week 6 or 7.  We are looking at a 7-9, 6-10 type of season, again.  If we win this week and get back to 2-2, we could still be 2-5 easily given the state of the roster.  

Thus the panic.  I know it's early and while the team is competitive and in games, they are not a winning team.  They look like a team that is destined for mediocrity again. They either need to take a huge step forward in the next couple of weeks, or it will be another lost season.  And if that happens, I think Rex is gone.

I agree that the next four games in particular are rough. Losing these last two makes the Lions game a must-win. If they win that, and take two of four from the Chargers, Broncos, Pats, and Bills, and then one of two from the Chiefs and Steelers, and they get there. Both of those are possible. Now, they could lose all those games. If they do, they were never that good to begin with, because to be honest, the Pats and Bills are both mediocre.

Get to 5-5, and 9-7 is likely. But yes, they could lose all those games. If they are 2-8 or 3-7 at the bye, season over, fire Rex, and look at drafting a franchise QB first round.

Where the league really screwed the Jets is giving them a short week after Denver to play New England, while the Pats come off a game against the Bills.

If they are at .500 at the bye, the playoffs are in good shape. The schedule down the stretch is much weaker.
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 16:02

That PI called was horrible....and the lack of one(but what a dumb ass throw).
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 16:04

NCgreen12 wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:My wife looked @ me during half time and said the main problem with the Jets is Rex.Mad

Go Jets...Cyborg

My wife looked at me at some point in the game where I was looking down and shaking my head and said why do you choose to torture yourself week after week and cited the definition of insanity. Bang Head
    Ironically, my wife was in Chicago last night on business.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 16:27

Geno had his worst game of the year, playing w/o Decker and with Nelson, SAlas, and Kerley...not surprised that Geno looks better with him than w/o.  He needs to make better decisions...much like Marty calling better plays, Idzik adding talent, and Ryan coaching discipline.  Even with how bad he sucked, and he did suck, he still found a way to complete 60% and throw for 316 with that craptastic array of talent.  Weird he has more passing yards this season than Rodgers, Brady, Eli, Romo, and Wilson and a higher comp % for the year than Brady, Rodgers, Stafford, Alex Smith, Flacco, and Foles.

But we should cut him and go to Vick.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 16:40

Superman55 wrote:Geno had his worst game of the year, playing w/o Decker and with Nelson, SAlas, and Kerley...not surprised that Geno looks better with him than w/o.  He needs to make better decisions...much like Marty calling better plays, Idzik adding talent, and Ryan coaching discipline.  Even with how bad he sucked, and he did suck, he still found a way to complete 60% and throw for 316 with that craptastic array of talent.  Weird he has more passing yards this season than Rodgers, Brady, Eli, Romo, and Wilson and a higher comp % for the year than Brady, Rodgers, Stafford, Alex Smith, Flacco, and Foles.

is there anyone here that is advocating cutting/benching geno and going with vick?
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 16:50

I meant to post that in the Geno thread under 51's post, and his post references your answer (yes would be the answer).
    Atljet60
    Atljet60
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by Atljet60 Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 16:57

hobson54 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:Geno had his worst game of the year, playing w/o Decker and with Nelson, SAlas, and Kerley...not surprised that Geno looks better with him than w/o.  He needs to make better decisions...much like Marty calling better plays, Idzik adding talent, and Ryan coaching discipline.  Even with how bad he sucked, and he did suck, he still found a way to complete 60% and throw for 316 with that craptastic array of talent.  Weird he has more passing yards this season than Rodgers, Brady, Eli, Romo, and Wilson and a higher comp % for the year than Brady, Rodgers, Stafford, Alex Smith, Flacco, and Foles.

is there anyone here that is advocating cutting/benching geno and going with vick?
    I don't feel that going with Vick makes that much of a difference with the weapons we have on offense. There is an upside possibly with Geno and it's too early in the season to pull Geno.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 17:03

Thank goodness.

Chris Nimbley @Cnimbley  ·  1m
    Rex said Wilkerson had a contusion in his knee, but it was minor and he should be fine for Sunday #Jets
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 17:35

football51 wrote:Thank goodness.

Chris Nimbley @Cnimbley  ·  1m
    Rex said Wilkerson had a contusion in his knee, but it was minor and he should be fine for Sunday #Jets
    I thought it was a leg issue when I saw the play good news its only a contusion.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 18:36

Superman55 wrote:
    hobson54 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    This game is a huge challenge as the Bears have twice the level of talent as the team we just lost to.

the year is 2014, not 1986.  i don't see the bears as being a vastly superior team to the packers.  in fact, i think the packers are the better overall team and will finish higher in the standings.  i'd take rodgers over cutler every day of the week, and twice on sundays (or mondays).  both teams have very good WR corps, although i give the bears the advantage on running games.  defensively, neither is stellar and both have mediocre o-lines.  add in we were in GB and are at home this week, and i don't think the bears are a harder matchup than last week in GB

that said, i do think it will be a difficult game and we will need to avoid self-inflicted wounds like last week.  it's certainly a winnable game (i didn't really give us much a chance heading into GB last week), but it will take a clean, crisp effort.

Whoa, whoa, whoa -

GB > Chi at QB

Chi has better WRs and RB (IMO) than GB and both olines suck.  Chicago has a better defense, though they haven't looked great yet.  I'd take their personal outside of Rodgers over Gbs every day of the week.

Chicago has 2 WRs better than every player on offense for GB not named Rodgers...then add Forte.  Im not sure its close...let alone similar level of talent...GB doesn't have a WR, including Nelson, that would even start for Chicago...Lacy wouldn't start either.  I think some are asleep at the wheel on this topic till Monday I guess when they see Chicago's WRs up close and personal.  They may have 2 of the top 3 WRs in the NFL right now...

ahhh...i remember this gem.

55 telling us all how vastly superior the bears (that's the 5-11 bears) are over the packers (that's the 11-4, game pending, with a shot at a bye if not #1 seed in the playoffs, packers)

yet another great call from the board's self proclaimed expert in all things football... tongue
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 18:52

hobson54 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    hobson54 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    This game is a huge challenge as the Bears have twice the level of talent as the team we just lost to.

the year is 2014, not 1986.  i don't see the bears as being a vastly superior team to the packers.  in fact, i think the packers are the better overall team and will finish higher in the standings.  i'd take rodgers over cutler every day of the week, and twice on sundays (or mondays).  both teams have very good WR corps, although i give the bears the advantage on running games.  defensively, neither is stellar and both have mediocre o-lines.  add in we were in GB and are at home this week, and i don't think the bears are a harder matchup than last week in GB

that said, i do think it will be a difficult game and we will need to avoid self-inflicted wounds like last week.  it's certainly a winnable game (i didn't really give us much a chance heading into GB last week), but it will take a clean, crisp effort.

Whoa, whoa, whoa -

GB > Chi at QB

Chi has better WRs and RB (IMO) than GB and both olines suck.  Chicago has a better defense, though they haven't looked great yet.  I'd take their personal outside of Rodgers over Gbs every day of the week.

Chicago has 2 WRs better than every player on offense for GB not named Rodgers...then add Forte.  Im not sure its close...let alone similar level of talent...GB doesn't have a WR, including Nelson, that would even start for Chicago...Lacy wouldn't start either.  I think some are asleep at the wheel on this topic till Monday I guess when they see Chicago's WRs up close and personal.  They may have 2 of the top 3 WRs in the NFL right now...

ahhh...i remember this gem.

55 telling us all how vastly superior the bears (that's the 5-11 bears) are over the packers (that's the 11-4, game pending, with a shot at a bye if not #1 seed in the playoffs, packers)

yet another great call from the board's self proclaimed expert in all things football... tongue

I still would take Marshall, Jeffery, Bennet, and Forte over what Aaron Rodgers has to work with.  If Rodgers had those WRs, TE, and Forte...I think they're a 14 win team if they stay healthy.  I still fill those are the best group of skill position players in the league.  Forte is putting up LT level talent weekly.  He's a special player to go with those WRs.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 18:57

Chicago has great skilled position players. as does GB. but football is a team sport, and GB is vastly superior to Chicago this year. obviously the QB play is huge. but the Packers are a better TEAM, which is what i said when i said they will finish higher in the standings (by 6 or 7 games nonetheless).

NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 18:59

I'm hoping Matt Simms can suit up for this game. Prime time ya know.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 19:05

hobson54 wrote:Chicago has great skilled position players.  as does GB.  but football is a team sport, and GB is vastly superior to Chicago this year.  obviously the QB play is huge.  but the Packers are a better TEAM, which is what i said when i said they will finish higher in the standings (by 6 or 7 games nonetheless).

I guess you're right...but I think Rodgers on Chicago would be almost unstoppable.  It amazes me the cancer Cutler can be, and if you felt you knew the morale between the teams would be this vastly different, I agree, I was way wrong.

I still feel the players on the two rosters would favor CHicago, it's too bad they're such a failure...I'd love to see those players in Green & White Sundays.  Those would jerseys worth rocking, any of those guys: Marshall, Jeffrey, or Forte.  All studs.

How sad is it we haven't drafted a pro bowler since 2007...We dont have those type of guys...nether does GB, imo, but I agree there is a dark cloud over their head that keeps morale low.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 21:28

Superman55 wrote:
    hobson54 wrote:Chicago has great skilled position players.  as does GB.  but football is a team sport, and GB is vastly superior to Chicago this year.  obviously the QB play is huge.  but the Packers are a better TEAM, which is what i said when i said they will finish higher in the standings (by 6 or 7 games nonetheless).

I guess you're right...but I think Rodgers on Chicago would be almost unstoppable.  It amazes me the cancer Cutler can be, and if you felt you knew the morale between the teams would be this vastly different, I agree, I was way wrong.

I still feel the players on the two rosters would favor CHicago, it's too bad they're such a failure...I'd love to see those players in Green & White Sundays.  Those would jerseys worth rocking, any of those guys: Marshall, Jeffrey, or Forte.  All studs.

How sad is it we haven't drafted a pro bowler since 2007...We dont have those type of guys...nether does GB, imo, but I agree there is a dark cloud over their head that keeps morale low.
    Not sure it's fair to bash the Jets for not drafting a Pro Bowler since 2007 when both Mo and Richardson have been huge snubs. It's technically true, but with a massive asterisk.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 0:24