Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+19
hobson54
NCgreen12
Old#15
jetkwondo
danfran
Lakerfan1980
jamesfyo123
soj
NickSINYC
SackExchange
football51
Sarge
The Wicker Man
Metjetgal
Blindsidebrick
WilliesDad
Superman55
NYJETSDAN16
Atljet60
23 posters

New York Jets @ San Diego Chargers - 4:25 PM (CBS)

Atljet60
    Atljet60
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

New York Jets @ San Diego Chargers - 4:25 PM (CBS) Empty New York Jets @ San Diego Chargers - 4:25 PM (CBS)

Post by Atljet60 Wed 1 Oct 2014 - 14:51

This will definitely be a gut check to see how our offense, defense, and ST respond to all the criticism week long in an hostile environment against an AFC opponent. I believe in this team, and hopefully we can rebound. Not ready to throw in the towel or look beyond this game. We need to create turnovers not make them.
    Atljet60
    Atljet60
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

New York Jets @ San Diego Chargers - 4:25 PM (CBS) Empty Re: New York Jets @ San Diego Chargers - 4:25 PM (CBS)

Post by Atljet60 Wed 1 Oct 2014 - 15:26

Kristian Dyer @KristianRDyer

Milliner said he's going to play on Sunday. Ankle, quad both feeling better. #Jets #Nyjets

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/10/dee_milliner_calvin_pryor_get_on_field_wednesday_at_jets_practice_david_nelson_ankle_absent.html
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

New York Jets @ San Diego Chargers - 4:25 PM (CBS) Empty Re: New York Jets @ San Diego Chargers - 4:25 PM (CBS)

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Wed 1 Oct 2014 - 19:47

Gonna be very interesting how Rex handles this game. Geno started to show flashed of what his pre draft scouting report read. If he wants to be this team's franchise QB he needs to take charge of th 1-3 team.
    Though if he struggles, will Rex pull him in favor of creating some sort of spark.

Very interesting game.
    Atljet60
    Atljet60
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by Atljet60 Wed 1 Oct 2014 - 21:11

NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Wed 1 Oct 2014 - 22:37

And the pre-draft scouting reports validity begins to surface. The guy is definetly not ready to handle NY.
    The only thing that can truly save him from further demise is him performing at a high level this Sunday.
    We shall see.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Thu 2 Oct 2014 - 9:25

Jets have a healthy fear of Philip Rivers
    By Brian LewisOctober 2, 2014 | 3:00am
    Modal Trigger
    Jets have a healthy fear of Philip Rivers
    Philip Rivers
    Photo: AP
    MORE ON:
    NEW YORK JETS
    Why Rex Ryan may need to dip into Herm Edwards' old playbook
    Rex: If I want to pull QB during game, that decision is mine
    Inside the mind of the '100 percent' confident Geno Smith
    Geno Smith is not the Jets' biggest problem
    From coach Rex Ryan to his secondary, the Jets are gushing over Philip Rivers, calling him the MVP favorite at the season’s quarter pole.
    Sunday, the Jets will get an up-close look at the resurgent Chargers quarterback, likely playing the best football of his life — and performing arguably as well as anybody in the NFL.
    “He’s just a tough-ass. Right now, I think he leads the league in quarterback rating,” Ryan said on Wednesday, and the rest of his Jets echoed that high praise. “He’s probably the league MVP if you took that vote right now. Obviously he’s a great player.
    “All the accolades he’s getting right now, on pace to be Offensive Player of the Year, he’s doing a great job, getting his guys the ball, getting it out when he needs to get it out, not taking sacks,’’ cornerback Dee Milliner said.
    Corner Antonio Allen added: “He’s playing as well as any quarterback in the league.’’
    Maybe as well as any player in the league, joining the Cowboys’ DeMarco Murray as early MVP favorites. Rivers is leading the NFL in passer rating (career-best 114.5), helped hand the Super Bowl champion Seahawks the worst beating they have suffered in three years, and has overcome the NFL’s worst running game.
    “If people are making statements like that, it probable means you’re playing pretty good,’’ Rivers said. “[But] it’s week-to-week. You can be the best guy in the league one week, and you can be the guy that stunk it up the next week and be the worst guy in the league.’’
    Rivers knows from experience. He long has been considered one of the league’s elite quarterbacks before San Diego’s leaky line got him battered and bruised and almost ruined. But in 2013 the Chargers beefed up their line, brought in coach Mike McCoy, and Rivers’ game has gone up another level.
    “Completion percentage-wise, it’s probably as good a groove as I’ve been in,” Rivers said. “We’ve put together three pretty solid weeks in terms of passing. The guys up front have been great in protection and the guys who handle the ball have been awesome.
    Rivers said it took awhile to adjust to a new coaching regime after the Chargers fired Norv Turner before the 2013 season.
    “You get into a groove for a long time with a guy you love and respect and won a lot of games together,” Rivers said. “It was more of an adjustment for me personally that most of the guys, because Norv was the coach and the play-caller. He and I were side-by-side for, shoot, a long time — seven seasons.’’
    Though Turner’s offense pushed the ball downfield more, Rivers has been more efficient in McCoy’s offense. He was 29-of-39 for 377 yards, three touchdowns and no picks against Jacksonville last week. He had a 130.0 quarterback rating and his career-best-tying third straight rating over 120.0.
    “It’s not shocking at all, to be perfectly honest,” McCoy said of Rivers’ performance. “He’s a special player, and he works extremely hard. He deserves all the credit in the world for his success. The way he works, whether it’s in the film room, on the practice field, in the weight room, [he’s] the leader of our team. And the best thing about it, he’s even a better person.’’
    WilliesDad
    Honorary Test Pilot
    Honorary Test Pilot

Post by WilliesDad Thu 2 Oct 2014 - 10:06

I just want to see us get back to Rex's version of Jets football.  Imposing, explosive defense combined with a relentless running game.  Get the O-line angry again and get them going down hill,  imposing their will on the defense.  Wear'em down with Ivory, Johnson and Powell.  Let's see some 3 back sets and play-action with Geno on the move.  We all know the benefits of a run first team = Control the clock, keep the ball moving, tire out the defense, etc., while also limiting the potential for turnovers on the Offensive side which will help get Geno's confidence back up.  Yes, we are back to that stage, but it is temporary and we certainly would not be the first team to create a game plan that was designed to 'pump up' the QB.

One of my biggest criticisms of this team is that MM keeps forcing the passing game, at the expense of:  A successful running game, a QB that struggles sometimes, clock management, game management. If we had the weapons to be more aerial attack-based, fine. But we don't. The scheme needs to be adjusted to the players we have. But this just isn't happening. Am I wrong or does it seem like Rex just lets MM/the offense do whatever they want?  Rex has got to be the head coach and tell MM to design a scheme that is run heavy.  Get back to smash-mouth, Rex Ryan football. The way we used to be.

One more thing that I would love to see would be flea-flicker on the first play from scrimmage. And then run, run, run.
    Atljet60
    Atljet60
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by Atljet60 Thu 2 Oct 2014 - 11:14

Kristian Dyer @KristianRDyer

Eric Decker leads the Jets with 68 Yards After Catch and 11 receiving first downs. #Jets #NYJets
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Thu 2 Oct 2014 - 12:13

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:

And the pre-draft scouting reports validity begins to surface. The guy is definetly not ready to handle NY.
    The only thing that can truly save him from further demise is him performing at a high level this Sunday.
    We shall see.

I love how the media get this free pass to write stupid articles about the end of the world regarding this team, and then antagonize Geno Smith with "what do you think about Mike Vick breathing down your neck? Is he a better option right now?"  And then they say Geno Smith needs to get a grip.

I'm tired of people excusing these vultures in the media by saying "hey, that's just what it is". These writers are always stirring up crap with their snarky articles. It's a culture of negativity and National Enquirer-like journalism.
    Metjetgal
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Metjetgal Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 11:54

We play this team well, BUT w/our secondary and Decker out, going to be tough. Hope the season doesn't spin right down the toilet.
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 12:31

I just don't see us scoring enough points to win. I'll have to dvr the game. My youngest has a
    soccer game in Dix Hills at 4:30. Which sucks because it's an 1.5 hour drive one way.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 12:37

During the game sunday, can we try to avoid knee jerk posts about firing everyone and how horrible everything is when something bad happens? Can we try to stay positive and focus on the game in the game thread? Hey, if we get beat 40-0, I'LL be pissed of course, but my plea is for people to talk about the game in the game thread - there will be plenty of time for either gloating or self flagellation after the final whistle
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 13:01

Metjetgal wrote:We play this team well, BUT w/our secondary and Decker out, going to be tough. Hope the season doesn't spin right down the toilet.

Pretty sure that ship has sailed.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 14:23

SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 14:25

Sarge wrote:During the game sunday, can we try to avoid knee jerk posts about firing everyone and how horrible everything is when something bad happens? Can we try to stay positive and focus on the game in the game thread?  Hey, if we get beat 40-0, I'LL be pissed of course, but my plea is for people to talk about the game in the game thread - there will be plenty of time for either gloating or self flagellation after the final whistle

Wouldn't it be nice...
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 14:28

SackExchange wrote:
    Sarge wrote:During the game sunday, can we try to avoid knee jerk posts about firing everyone and how horrible everything is when something bad happens? Can we try to stay positive and focus on the game in the game thread?  Hey, if we get beat 40-0, I'LL be pissed of course, but my plea is for people to talk about the game in the game thread - there will be plenty of time for either gloating or self flagellation after the final whistle

Wouldn't it be nice...

well, one good thing here is that we don't have a dozen individual threads running on who to bench, fire, blame, etc.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 14:34

That is true.

ESPN's picks are out. I'm surprised at the level of gloating and Jets hate, even though I shouldn't be. It's not that the Jets are picked to lose by most. I expect that. But it's that some are predicting blowouts, two and three-score games.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/44072/week-5-predictions-jets-at-chargers?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 14:35

Kieran Darcy, in particular...guess he's a Giants guy on ESPN. Has them beating the Falcons by 14, and the Jets losing (why he was even asked about the Jets is beyond me) by three scores.
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 14:47

football51 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:

Wouldn't it be nice...

well, one good thing here is that we don't have a dozen individual threads running on who to bench, fire, blame, etc.

I'm guilty of "venting" in a GDT, saying crap like "we suck", "he sucks", "How does Quigley have a job?",etc...I
    try to stay away from over the top stuff. It's either that or go all "Ray Rice" on my wife. (disclaimer, I'm kidding
    I know domestic violence is a serious thing).
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 14:55

That would be great, but don't hold your breath.

I will try to stay positive on my part. Reality is setting in, though. We need a different team to show up Sunday. Better secondary play, better pass protection, better decision-making from our young QB, and a good game plan from Marty and Rex.

It's a tall order. As always, I go in optimistic no matter what. We need a turn around right now.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 15:01

Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI · 6m 6 minutes ago
    Per @eric_d_williams, Attaochu, Mathews, Ohrnberger, Te'o, Walker + Wright are OUT for SD. Dwight Freeney, David Johnson, Liuget are ?able
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 15:09

We need improvement in several areas, that is true. Better play in the passing game on both sides of the ball, in particular. But the Jets have shown an ability to storm out to an early lead (GB), come back from a big deficit (Chicago), and haven't lost any game by more than one score.

If they were getting blown out every week, I might panic. But the Jets are 1-3 after playing the Raiders, Packers, Bears, and Lions.

The Pasts are 2-2 after playing the Dolphins, Raiders, Vikings, and Chiefs.

They're up one game on us, and have had nowhere near the schedule we have had.
    WilliesDad
    Honorary Test Pilot
    Honorary Test Pilot

Post by WilliesDad Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 16:43

SackExchange wrote:We need improvement in several areas, that is true. Better play in the passing game on both sides of the ball, in particular. But the Jets have shown an ability to storm out to an early lead (GB), come back from a big deficit (Chicago), and haven't lost any game by more than one score.

If they were getting blown out every week, I might panic. But the Jets are 1-3 after playing the Raiders, Packers, Bears, and Lions.

The Pasts are 2-2 after playing the Dolphins, Raiders, Vikings, and Chiefs.

They're up one game on us, and have had nowhere near the schedule we have had.

+1.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 19:09

I must admit, i like the fact that Geno is upset. He bitched out a fan and began to get testy with the media. This game may be the epitomy of what he's all about.
    A part of me is rooting for him to prove me and many wrong about him, hoping that he can chanel all this rage inside of him to have a break out game.  Yet, by the way he just turns the ball over every game demonstrates that's what he is, a mediocre QB IMHO.

I hope he turns it around, i truly and honestly do. I want to eat crow so badly on this one fellas.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 19:16

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:I must admit, i like the fact that Geno is upset. He bitched out a fan and began to get testy with the media. This game may be the epitomy of what he's all about.
    A part of me is rooting for him to prove me and many wrong about him, hoping that he can chanel all this rage inside of him to have a break out game.  Yet, by the way he just turns the ball over every game demonstrates that's what he is, a mediocre QB IMHO.

I hope he turns it around, i truly and honestly do.  I want to eat crow so badly on this one fellas.

I don't know Dan.......... you've drawn this conclusion on Smith after 20 games, but was predicting a 65% completion, 30 td performance for Sanchez prior to the 2013 season after watching him turn the ball over constantly for 4 seasons. You looked for any sliver of hope to give him the benefit of the doubt. Now, I was wrong about Sanchez too( I'm horrible with qb's), but it seems odd that in every thread you have such a strong anti- Smith sentiment.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 1:37