A New Community for Jets Fans


    Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Share
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10720
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Post by NickSINYC on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 15:32

    Big INT
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19601
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Post by Superman55 on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 15:35

    It's probably okay for Brady to get picked while getting annihilated by Babin but not okay for Geno when getting his legs taken out by Jones.


    This is one of those games where you feel like you win whether you win or lose.
    avatar
    SackExchange
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1092
    Points : 42481
    Join date : 2014-08-29
    Age : 43

    Re: Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Post by SackExchange on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 15:36

    This is a no-lose at this point. I want the win, as I love beating them, regardless of records. But a loss helps the pick.
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10720
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Post by NickSINYC on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 15:36

    Sack killed the FG
    avatar
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 446
    Points : 7135
    Join date : 2014-09-09
    Age : 52

    Re: Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Post by The Wicker Man on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 15:37

    If we had an average QB, we beat the Pats twice this year.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19601
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Post by Superman55 on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 15:37

    NickSINYC wrote:Big INT


    Bigger sack by Pats. We should have punted.

    Brady is so off today.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19601
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Post by Superman55 on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 15:40

    SackExchange wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:Bad interception by Idzik.

    Did Idzik draft that guy, excuse maker?

    Brady not stepping into his throws.  Really weird to see Brady playing with inconsistent footwork.
    I'm not making excuses. I think I have already said that at this point, Idzik needs to go.

    If I recall, on that old board, there was a huge thread for pretty much Geno's entire final season at WVU about him becoming a Jet. One poster in particular was quite vocal about it.

    That poster is now using the selection of Geno Smith against Idzik.

    I'm sure this story makes it a good pick in your and blind boys mind. Thank you for clarifying.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19601
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Post by Superman55 on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 15:43

    Worthless loss of a TO.
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10720
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Post by NickSINYC on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 15:44

    Rex loves losing important timeouts with bad challenges.
    avatar
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 446
    Points : 7135
    Join date : 2014-09-09
    Age : 52

    Re: Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Post by The Wicker Man on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 15:48

    NickSINYC wrote:Sack killed the FG
    Geno wouldn't recognized a blitz if the Pats D yelled "BLITZ" as they were doing it.
    avatar
    SackExchange
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1092
    Points : 42481
    Join date : 2014-08-29
    Age : 43

    Re: Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Post by SackExchange on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 15:49

    Superman55 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:Bad interception by Idzik.

    Did Idzik draft that guy, excuse maker?

    Brady not stepping into his throws.  Really weird to see Brady playing with inconsistent footwork.
    I'm not making excuses. I think I have already said that at this point, Idzik needs to go.

    If I recall, on that old board, there was a huge thread for pretty much Geno's entire final season at WVU about him becoming a Jet. One poster in particular was quite vocal about it.

    That poster is now using the selection of Geno Smith against Idzik.

    I'm sure this story makes it a good pick in your and blind boys mind.  Thank you for clarifying.
    No, it doesn't make it a good pick. I hardly base how I feel about a pick on whether you like it.

    What it does make is you being hypocritical to want a guy, and then to bash the GM who picked that guy when he turns out to be a bust.
    avatar
    SackExchange
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1092
    Points : 42481
    Join date : 2014-08-29
    Age : 43

    Re: Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Post by SackExchange on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 15:51

    Twitter reporting no break for Mangold.
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10720
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Post by NickSINYC on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 15:54

    SackExchange wrote:Twitter reporting no break for Mangold.

    Good news but I wish he never even started this game along with a few other Jets Wilkerson on top.

    Freeman played well in Mangolds spot
    avatar
    SackExchange
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1092
    Points : 42481
    Join date : 2014-08-29
    Age : 43

    Re: Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Post by SackExchange on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 15:55

    Wilkerson should never have suited up. He is too important to the future of this franchise to risk in a throwaway game.
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10720
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Post by NickSINYC on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 15:55

    NickSINYC wrote:I guess I am in the minority as much as I hate the Pats I will be happy with just playing well, beating up on Brady and losing a close one

    17-16 I am a happy man I got the game I wanted
    avatar
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 446
    Points : 7135
    Join date : 2014-09-09
    Age : 52

    Re: Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Post by The Wicker Man on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 15:57

    NickSINYC wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:I guess I am in the minority as much as I hate the Pats I will be happy with just playing well, beating up on Brady and losing a close one

    17-16 I am a happy man I got the game I wanted
    I'm pissed....I can't help it. My Pats hatred runs too deep.

    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

    Posts : 401
    Points : 2972
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Post by Blindsidebrick on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 15:59

    Superman55 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:Bad interception by Idzik.

    Did Idzik draft that guy, excuse maker?

    Brady not stepping into his throws.  Really weird to see Brady playing with inconsistent footwork.
    I'm not making excuses. I think I have already said that at this point, Idzik needs to go.

    If I recall, on that old board, there was a huge thread for pretty much Geno's entire final season at WVU about him becoming a Jet. One poster in particular was quite vocal about it.

    That poster is now using the selection of Geno Smith against Idzik.

    I'm sure this story makes it a good pick in your and blind boys mind.  Thank you for clarifying.


    I can always count on you to start name-calling. You never disappoint.

    By the way, you never answered Sack's question. How come all the love for Geno once upon a time, and now it's Idzik's pick, so it was a yucky pick by a yucky GM?

    It must be nice always having an escape route.

    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

    Posts : 401
    Points : 2972
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Post by Blindsidebrick on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 16:03

    Well, I would've loved hurting the Patriots any possible way, but long term, this is for the best. We're still on par for a top 5 pick.

    Jetski
    Navigator
    Navigator

    Posts : 8
    Points : 1099
    Join date : 2014-12-17

    Re: Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Post by Jetski on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 16:06

    The Wicker Man wrote:If we had an average QB, we beat the Pats twice this year.

    C'mon, that's nonsense. Geno played a good game today, and in the previous Pats game Geno drove them downfield in the end to give them a shot at a game-winning FG. I guess what you meant to say was that with decent FG unit OL play we might have beaten the Pats twice this year. A blocked FG attempt then and now a tipped FG attempt.

    Geno had zero chance on that sack, and on the pick his feet were taken out as he threw.
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12943
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Post by football51 on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 16:11

    NickSINYC wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:Twitter reporting no break for Mangold.

    Good news but I wish he never even started this game along with a few other Jets Wilkerson on top.

    Freeman played well in Mangolds spot


    I thought Freeman played well too. Nice find by Idzik Cool . Hopefully he starts next week and Rex doesn't get any ideas of playing Mangold.
    avatar
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 446
    Points : 7135
    Join date : 2014-09-09
    Age : 52

    Re: Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Post by The Wicker Man on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 16:19

    Jetski wrote:
    The Wicker Man wrote:If we had an average QB, we beat the Pats twice this year.

    C'mon, that's nonsense.  Geno played a good game today, and in the previous Pats game Geno drove them downfield in the end to give them a shot at a game-winning FG.  I guess what you meant to say was that with decent FG unit OL play we might have beaten the Pats twice this year.  A blocked FG attempt then and now a tipped FG attempt.

    Geno had zero chance on that sack, and on the pick his feet were taken out as he threw.
    Huh? Geno was terrible. He played well for the middle of the game. Sucked early and sucked late. He so inconsistent and indecisive. He takes sacks in the red zone, can't recognize a blitz....he's awful. 
    I stand by my statement....wait, I'll adjust it. If we had a slightly below average QB, we beat the Pats twice this year.
    avatar
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 446
    Points : 7135
    Join date : 2014-09-09
    Age : 52

    Re: Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Post by The Wicker Man on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 16:24

    I freakin' love Mike Westhoff on the post game show!
    avatar
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 685
    Points : 13421
    Join date : 2014-08-28
    Location : Alabama

    Re: Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Post by Sarge on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 16:40

    Freeman at C and Williams at CB look like keepers
    avatar
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 446
    Points : 7135
    Join date : 2014-09-09
    Age : 52

    Re: Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Post by The Wicker Man on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 16:53

    Sarge wrote:Freeman at C and Williams at CB look like keepers
    Can Dalton take Colon's spot next year?

    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 187
    Points : 4386
    Join date : 2014-09-04
    Age : 68
    Location : Scottsdale AZ

    Re: Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Post by soj on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 16:57

    The Wicker Man wrote:
    Jetski wrote:
    The Wicker Man wrote:If we had an average QB, we beat the Pats twice this year.

    C'mon, that's nonsense.  Geno played a good game today, and in the previous Pats game Geno drove them downfield in the end to give them a shot at a game-winning FG.  I guess what you meant to say was that with decent FG unit OL play we might have beaten the Pats twice this year.  A blocked FG attempt then and now a tipped FG attempt.

    Geno had zero chance on that sack, and on the pick his feet were taken out as he threw.
    Huh? Geno was terrible. He played well for the middle of the game. Sucked early and sucked late. He so inconsistent and indecisive. He takes sacks in the red zone, can't recognize a blitz....he's awful. 
    I stand by my statement....wait, I'll adjust it. If we had a slightly below average QB, we beat the Pats twice this year.

    amen what a bum...

    Sponsored content

    Re: Patriots at Jets - December 21, 2014

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon 11 Dec 2017 - 23:37