Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+13
McJet
Superman55
soj
Metjetgal
Sarge
Old#15
Blindsidebrick
danfran
SackExchange
Atljet60
jamesfyo123
GratefulJet
NickSINYC
17 posters

Jets at Chiefs 1PM November 2, 2014

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Jets at Chiefs 1PM November 2, 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: Jets at Chiefs 1PM November 2, 2014

Post by Superman55 Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 19:50

NickSINYC wrote:
    Sarge wrote:Are people still making fun of Idzik for the Harvin Trade?
    You need to understand how this works. Once a move is proven to be working it must be totally ignored and just find something else to lead the fire Idzik movement

I'm starting to think you understand Mehta's mind too well.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Jets at Chiefs 1PM November 2, 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: Jets at Chiefs 1PM November 2, 2014

Post by SackExchange Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 21:26

Superman55 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    You need to understand how this works. Once a move is proven to be working it must be totally ignored and just find something else to lead the fire Idzik movement

I thought Mehta spun everything against Idzik, not for him.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 21:31

SackExchange wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:

Pretty sure Nick said he'll find something else to lead the fire Idzik movement...not sure firing him is "for him."
    McJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by McJet Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 21:53

Anyone else annoyed at the ay Vick played or is it just me?
    It seems to me if his 1st read isn't there he just starts to run, a couple of times he started to run and had Decker for a 20 yard gain. He held it and just got to a first down.
    Fourth and game and he threw it away????? The Jets weren't going to win anyway but what is the thought process of that throw?
    Put in Simms, hell put Geno back in there, I'd rather see a kid making those decisions than a 13 year "veteran".
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 22:30

Superman55 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:

Pretty sure Nick said he'll find something else to lead the fire Idzik movement...not sure firing him is "for him."

It seems that Mehta's message today was Jets lose/ Sanchez wins. Evil or Very Mad That and Cimini is calling the Fasano td the "Butt Catch". We need new beat writers........... who wants to start a website to get a billboard and.............
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 6:39

I just want to thank my kids for having soccer games during the Jets games. It Makes my Sundays
    enjoyable.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 6:55

McJet wrote:Anyone else annoyed at the ay Vick played or is it just me?
    It seems to me if his 1st read isn't there he just starts to run, a couple of times he started to run and had Decker for a 20 yard gain. He held it and just got to a first down.
    Fourth and game and he threw it away????? The Jets weren't going to win anyway but what is the thought process of that throw?
    Put in Simms, hell put Geno back in there, I'd rather see a kid making those decisions than a 13 year "veteran".

I'm with you.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 7:08

All anti-Idzik/Ryan sentiments aside, I have a serious question for everyone here. Why did we lose yesterday? I was sitting in Wild Wings enjoying some Asian wings and beer watching the game, and nothing jumped out at me as 1-8. Maybe my 45+ years of being a Jet fan have lulled me into this sense of low expectations, but I would like for someone who has a much better football mind than mine to explain this to me. I heard Ryan's quote after the game which was something like, we're not finishing, or making plays at the right time. Well what the hell does that really mean? Is he saying we are not talented enough to compete at the same level as the opposition? Is that coach-speak for my GM isn't giving me the players? Or is it, my players aren't prepared. From my perspective I watch all phases of play and I see a general lack of crispness. Perhaps they may be too tight for fear of making mistakes. Maybe things need to be simplified, because the players have too much to consider which slows them down. You watch the really good teams and they play loose, but smart which translates to forcing turnovers and making big plays. How do guys like Edleman and Ninkovitch (SP?), who are marginal athletic talents continue to make big plays on a fairly consistent basis? It's because of people like them and many other lower drafted and undrafted players that I'm not really buying the complete lack of talent thing. Yes our CBs are sub NFL level talent, but we aren't the only franchise that has holes. I appreciate your thoughtful responses.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 11:39

Old#15 wrote:All anti-Idzik/Ryan sentiments aside, I have a serious question for everyone here.  Why did we lose yesterday?  I was sitting in Wild Wings enjoying some Asian wings and beer watching the game, and nothing jumped out at me as 1-8.  Maybe my 45+ years of being a Jet fan have lulled me into this sense of low expectations, but I would like for someone who has a much better football mind than mine to explain this to me.   I heard Ryan's quote after the game which was something like, we're not finishing, or making plays at the right time.  Well what the hell does that really mean?  Is he saying we are not talented enough to compete at the same level as the opposition? Is that coach-speak for my GM isn't giving me the players?  Or is it, my players aren't prepared.   From my perspective I watch all phases of play and I see a general lack of crispness.  Perhaps they may be too tight for fear of making mistakes.  Maybe things need to be simplified, because the players have too much to consider which slows them down.  You watch the really good teams and they play loose, but smart which translates to forcing turnovers and making big plays.  How do guys like Edleman and Ninkovitch (SP?), who are marginal athletic talents continue to make big plays on a fairly consistent basis?  It's because of people like them and many other lower drafted and undrafted players that I'm not really buying the complete lack of talent thing.  Yes our CBs are sub NFL level talent, but we aren't the only franchise that has holes.  I appreciate your thoughtful responses.

tell you one thing...the playcalling seemed uneven all day........never was a flow established and that might be due mostly to Vick having happy feet. Granted the protection isn't great, but Vick on a couple of occasions took off and came up woefully short of a 1st down. Marty doesn't call a good game to start with and now with Vick it seems even worse. Was it 2nd and long all day? Sure seemed like it.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 13:00

football51 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:

It seems that Mehta's message today was Jets lose/ Sanchez wins. Evil or Very Mad  That and Cimini is calling the Fasano td the "Butt Catch". We need new beat writers........... who wants to start a website to get a billboard and.............  
    I expected as much. These guys LOVE the Jets having an awful year.

Rex was bashed for being too brash and bold. His successor, like his predecessor, will be bashed for being too quiet and stoic.

These writers have no idea what they are getting themselves into. At least they are smart for wanting to axe Idzik, since he doesn't give them much with which to work.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 13:13

SackExchange wrote:
    football51 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:

It seems that Mehta's message today was Jets lose/ Sanchez wins. Evil or Very Mad  That and Cimini is calling the Fasano td the "Butt Catch". We need new beat writers........... who wants to start a website to get a billboard and.............  
    I expected as much. These guys LOVE the Jets having an awful year.

Rex was bashed for being too brash and bold. His successor, like his predecessor, will be bashed for being too quiet and stoic.

These writers have no idea what they are getting themselves into. At least they are smart for wanting to axe Idzik, since he doesn't give them much with which to work.

Smart or predictable?
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 13:24

Well, predictable. But it is a smart move on their part. They want the guy who doesn't leak information to get canned, so they can have another Tanny/Rex/Pettine situation. They want their sources.

Rex goes, and Idzik brings in someone who believes in his philosophy, and that will end completely.
    JohnnyBaseball
    JohnnyBaseball
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by JohnnyBaseball Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 14:22

SackExchange wrote:We need to fire Idzik's replacement. The guy is a bum. He didn't hit on every draft pick, and didn't take the guys I would have taken.

Therefore, he's a bum.

Listen, I respect you, but you couldn't be more wrong. Rex's replacement is where the problem starts and ends. Clock management problems, lack of creativity on offense, lack of ball security, these are the kinds of mistakes that have lost us future football games. They will be unacceptable! But listen, it's really about Geno's replacement. I know he will struggle at first, but if he (or SHE  Shocked ) can just cut down on the turnovers, he will have a chance to be pretty good.
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 16:06

Old#15 wrote:All anti-Idzik/Ryan sentiments aside, I have a serious question for everyone here.  Why did we lose yesterday?  I was sitting in Wild Wings enjoying some Asian wings and beer watching the game, and nothing jumped out at me as 1-8.  Maybe my 45+ years of being a Jet fan have lulled me into this sense of low expectations, but I would like for someone who has a much better football mind than mine to explain this to me.   I heard Ryan's quote after the game which was something like, we're not finishing, or making plays at the right time.  Well what the hell does that really mean?  Is he saying we are not talented enough to compete at the same level as the opposition? Is that coach-speak for my GM isn't giving me the players?  Or is it, my players aren't prepared.   From my perspective I watch all phases of play and I see a general lack of crispness.  Perhaps they may be too tight for fear of making mistakes.  Maybe things need to be simplified, because the players have too much to consider which slows them down.  You watch the really good teams and they play loose, but smart which translates to forcing turnovers and making big plays.  How do guys like Edleman and Ninkovitch (SP?), who are marginal athletic talents continue to make big plays on a fairly consistent basis?  It's because of people like them and many other lower drafted and undrafted players that I'm not really buying the complete lack of talent thing.  Yes our CBs are sub NFL level talent, but we aren't the only franchise that has holes.  I appreciate your thoughtful responses.

As another long timer (47 years) I hear what you say about low expectations.  I do not like to admit it but years like this I always hope for the best but expect the worst... and boy this incarnation of JETS is not letting me down.

Having said that, I think it is coach speak and nothing more then an excuse.  Your eyes are not deceiving you, this is a very poorly coached team. After last year mirage I actually thought he had grown as a HC  (still with warts but..) but this team is as badly coached as some of Charlie Winner teams( remember him) and of course MR. K. but I believe this years team has better talent than those teams, at least if memory servers me correctly which I wish it didn't to be honest cause those were some bad, bad teams..

This team's performance fits very nicely with those pathetic JET teams in the past, I am sorry to say.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 16:07

JohnnyBaseball wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:We need to fire Idzik's replacement. The guy is a bum. He didn't hit on every draft pick, and didn't take the guys I would have taken.

Therefore, he's a bum.

Listen, I respect you, but you couldn't be more wrong. Rex's replacement is where the problem starts and ends. Clock management problems, lack of creativity on offense, lack of ball security, these are the kinds of mistakes that have lost us future football games. They will be unacceptable! But listen, it's really about Geno's replacement. I know he will struggle at first, but if he (or SHE  Shocked ) can just cut down on the turnovers, he will have a chance to be pretty good.
    It's the lack of preparation that gets me. This person, ______, who has replaced Rex, doesn't have the team ready to play on Sundays.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 16:47

SackExchange wrote:
    JohnnyBaseball wrote:

Therefore, he's a bum.

It's the lack of preparation that gets me. This person, ______, who has replaced Rex, doesn't have the team ready to play on Sundays.

I think what you say above is why it is obviously not all idzik.

yes, the fact Rex has to start undrafted free agent rookies on the street at CB is pathetic and makes the fire Idzik banners rationale.

It's not as irrational as you, Nick, and 51 make it out to be.  A guy working at a bar last week is starting at CB for the Jets this week.  There's no excuse for that.

However, the fact the Jets constantly have 12 guys on the field, false starts, and amonst the lead leaders in stupid penalties, not aggressive play penalties, is why Rex deserves to go too.

Now, idzik deserves more time, but not much more time...he quickly made the jets worse than the Raiders...and none of us ever thought when we were looking at GMs to replace Mike T that we'd be in a worse state as a franchise than the raiders in 2 years...but here we are.

Coaching, scouting, and the organization is in complete chaos...across the board.  The inmates are doing whatever they want, and the coach and the warden have no idea how to stop them or fix the issues right now...
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 17:00

The Fire Idzik movement isn't as irrational as it is impatient.

Now, for the same people to be all for firing Idzik while giving Rex yet another pass, when it is Rex who has been here almost six years, that is when it is irrational.

My concern is, if Idzik is tossed, does his successor have to sacrifice the future to win right away so that there aren't billboards to fire him 18 months into his job?

HCs should get about two years before they can be evaluated. GMs need 3-4. But not with the Jets.
    danfran
    danfran
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

Post by danfran Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 19:12

NickSINYC wrote:

Therefore, he's a bum.
    My master plan is the 1st step is let Idzik hire a new HC then fire him so that way we can saddle Idziks replacement with a HC he didn't chose.

I think that is the best way to run a franchise. Then hopefully when we fire Idziks replacement and retain that HC and saddle the replacements' replacement with the same HC who can't possibly be doing well because we fired another GM
    Sounds like a plan.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 15:23

silent

Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI · 3m 3 minutes ago
    #Jets CB Marcus Williams was fined $16,537 for a horse-collar tackle vs #Chiefs #nfl

Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI · 8m 8 minutes ago
    Cairo Santos was not fined for tripping Percy Harvin #nfl #jets #chiefs

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 15:23

Rich Cimini @RichCimini · 54s 54 seconds ago
    Marcus Williams' horse-collar fine ($16,537) is more than half his weekly salary ($24,706). Costly. #nyj
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 15:26

That is a huge fine for a horse collar.

That is a surprising non-fine on a trip.

Says where the league is. Kick the Jets while they are down. Good job, Roger Goodell, a fully-owned subsidiary of Kraft-Belichick Industries.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 7 May 2024 - 12:43