Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+13
McJet
Superman55
soj
Metjetgal
Sarge
Old#15
Blindsidebrick
danfran
SackExchange
Atljet60
jamesfyo123
GratefulJet
NickSINYC
17 posters

Jets at Chiefs 1PM November 2, 2014

SackExchange
    SackExchange

Jets at Chiefs 1PM November 2, 2014 - Page 3 Empty Re: Jets at Chiefs 1PM November 2, 2014

Post by SackExchange Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 15:41

Must be nice playing for Rex, knowing you don't have to prepare for the game or practice hard to have his support. No matter what you do, he'll have your back.

Must be pretty easy.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Jets at Chiefs 1PM November 2, 2014 - Page 3 Empty Re: Jets at Chiefs 1PM November 2, 2014

Post by NickSINYC Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 15:41

Turned the ball over on downs paid off big time risking Vicks health and not getting to further evaluate Simms
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 15:47

How does Vick throw that pass and how was that not intercepted
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 15:51

On a positive note we managed to get the loss we need to Suck for the Duck without getting blown out badly
    jamesfyo123
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

Post by jamesfyo123 Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 15:53

At least Harvin had a good game.

And CJ showed some spark. Maybe we can trade him for a pick this offseason.
    danfran
    danfran
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

Post by danfran Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 16:13

Amazing how early the season is over. I wasn't expecting a Super Bowl, but i also wasn't expecting garbage time in October.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 16:42

Well, I can't say I'm surprised. We are what our record says we are. I didn't envision a win at Arrowhead, whether we were 1-7 or 7-1.

Positives?

I liked what I saw from Percy Harvin. Dude can play. He was a STEAL by Idzik. Chris Johnson finally showed something. Great burst. Simms looks like a keeper as a backup. Let's see... Oh, Nick Folk is a good kicker.

Negatives?

It's clear as day. We need corners. We need another OLB that can pressure the QB.  We need reinforcements at Guard, and we need a new QB and HC.

No problem. That'll take 2-3 more years.
    danfran
    danfran
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

Post by danfran Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 16:43

Blindsidebrick wrote:Well, I can't say I'm surprised. We are what our record says we are. I didn't envision a win at Arrowhead, whether we were 1-7 or 7-1.

Positives?

I liked what I saw from Percy Harvin. Dude can play. He was a STEAL by Idzik. Chris Johnson finally showed something. Great burst. Simms looks like a keeper as a backup. Let's see... Oh, Nick Folk is a good kicker.

Negatives?

It's clear as day. We need corners. We need another OLB that can pressure the QB.  We need reinforcements at Guard, and we need a new QB and HC.

Add a new GM to that list and it's complete. Very Happy
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 16:47

danfran wrote:
    Blindsidebrick wrote:Well, I can't say I'm surprised. We are what our record says we are. I didn't envision a win at Arrowhead, whether we were 1-7 or 7-1.

Positives?

Negatives?

Evil or Very Mad
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 16:53

danfran wrote:

Positives?

Negatives?

Actually, I wasn't thinking that at all. Firing Idzik puts us on par with the Oakland Raiders in the stupidity department replacing GM's (and HC's, for that matter) way before we've given them a chance.

Rex has had six years. He's done. Too much talent on this roster for 1-8.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 17:02

I think Jameis, Marcus or Connor are going to look good throwing to Idzik additions Decker, Harvin, Amaro and CJ. Provided that we have someone other than Rex coaching. Smile
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 17:25

Old#15 wrote:I think Jameis, Marcus or Connor are going to look good throwing to Idzik additions Decker, Harvin, Amaro and CJ. Provided that we have someone other than Rex coaching.  Smile

I agree, and if given the choice of those QB's, I'll take Mariota. Man, he's good. Might need a year of growing pains with a rookie QB, but Mariota doesn't have many holes in his game. We need to "Suck for the Duck". We need 2-14, 3-13 to make it happen. Otherwise it's gonna take a fat deal to move up to get him. Think multiple future first round picks. Mariota will be in high demand among several QB needy teams.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 17:52

Blindsidebrick wrote:
    Old#15 wrote:I think Jameis, Marcus or Connor are going to look good throwing to Idzik additions Decker, Harvin, Amaro and CJ. Provided that we have someone other than Rex coaching.  Smile

I agree, and if given the choice of those QB's, I'll take Mariota. Man, he's good. Might need a year of growing pains with a rookie QB, but Mariota doesn't have many holes in his game. We need to "Suck for the Duck". We need 2-14, 3-13 to make it happen. Otherwise it's gonna take a fat deal to move up to get him. Think multiple future first round picks. Mariota will be in high demand among several QB needy teams.

I agree. Mariota has so many tools. Unless he is mentally deficient, which we have no reason to suspect he is, he should be regarded as a very high-end QB project. With his size, speed, arm and throwing ability, he is a threat in many dimensions on the field. Footwork, reading defenses: these things can be taught. You can't teach 6'4", 210 lbs, < 4.50 in the 40, and gun for an arm. He's got all the raw materials, someone just needs to coach him up for a year.

And it's not like he doesn't have any skills. His football instincts, open field running ability, throwing accuracy, and ability to throw on the run are all top notch. There's a lot to work with here.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 18:11

We need to fire Idzik's replacement. The guy is a bum. He didn't hit on every draft pick, and didn't take the guys I would have taken.

Therefore, he's a bum.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 18:24

SackExchange wrote:We need to fire Idzik's replacement. The guy is a bum. He didn't hit on every draft pick, and didn't take the guys I would have taken.

Therefore, he's a bum.
    My master plan is the 1st step is let Idzik hire a new HC then fire him so that way we can saddle Idziks replacement with a HC he didn't chose.

I think that is the best way to run a franchise. Then hopefully when we fire Idziks replacement and retain that HC and saddle the replacements' replacement with the same HC who can't possibly be doing well because we fired another GM
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 18:49

Are people still making fun of Idzik for the Harvin Trade?
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 18:53

Sarge wrote:Are people still making fun of Idzik for the Harvin Trade?
    You need to understand how this works. Once a move is proven to be working it must be totally ignored and just find something else to lead the fire Idzik movement
    Metjetgal
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Metjetgal Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 19:05

The thing that scares me the most is Pryor barely played and Amaro had didn't have a catch. Frightening. If these two don't pan out, it's going to be scary.
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 19:18

I would really like to see Simms play more just to see if he is any good. he made some nice throws and seem in control in his short stint. At this point even if he suxs I doubt he will be as bad as hoody smith...

Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 19:20

Metjetgal wrote:The thing that scares me the most is Pryor barely played and Amaro had didn't have a catch. Frightening. If these two don't pan out, it's going to be scary.

What's more scary is that Amaro wasn't even targeted. Heard that Pryor left game with an injury (stinger?).  Don't think its time to panic with either player. We have a coach who is coaching for his job and has no interest in developing players for next year's HC.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 19:27

Positives?

Negatives?

...so we wasted 2 years to figure out we need 2-3 more years...
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 19:30

NickSINYC wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:We need to fire Idzik's replacement. The guy is a bum. He didn't hit on every draft pick, and didn't take the guys I would have taken.

Therefore, he's a bum.
    My master plan is the 1st step is let Idzik hire a new HC then fire him so that way we can saddle Idziks replacement with a HC he didn't chose.

I think that is the best way to run a franchise. Then hopefully when we fire Idziks replacement and retain that HC and saddle the replacements' replacement with the same HC who can't possibly be doing well because we fired another GM

I bet this happens...
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 19:31

Superman55 wrote:

Positives?

Negatives?

Doesn't have to, look at what a coaching change did for KC.

Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 19:31

Superman55 wrote:

Positives?

Negatives?

Doesn't have to, look at what a coaching change did for KC.

Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 19:41

Superman55 wrote:

Positives?

Negatives?

I don't follow. How was it wasted? The Jets drafted a QB in the 2nd round when it was the best option we had at the time. These franchise
    QB's don't come around every year. Sometimes you need to gamble, and that's what Idzik did with limited options at QB. If Andrew Luck was available, Idzik takes him, and looks like a genius, even though Luck fell into his lap. Much like what happened to the Colts GM.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 7 May 2024 - 20:32