Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+20
danfran
Superman55
Seaver
GratefulJet
soj
DonMaynard
Old#15
The Wicker Man
NCgreen12
HYATT™
cysporsche
NYJETSDAN16
NickSINYC
football51
Sarge
lnap23
SackExchange
skop
LIJETFAN
hobson54
24 posters

Possible 2015 Jets Quarterbacks

Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Possible 2015 Jets Quarterbacks - Page 6 Empty Re: Possible 2015 Jets Quarterbacks

Post by Sarge Sun 16 Nov 2014 - 15:09

Prescott was never an NFL QB as much as Tebow never was, Winston reminds me of JeMarcus Russell
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Possible 2015 Jets Quarterbacks - Page 6 Empty Re: Possible 2015 Jets Quarterbacks

Post by Seaver Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 14:20

cysporsche wrote:Question ? Are we done with Geno ? The Flippers almost gave up on Ryan Tanneyhill after his first two seasons, and the light switch turned on in his 3rd season. Are we giving up totally on Geno, or should we bring him back to compete ?

I would bring him back to compete with free agent Jake Locker and 2nd round pick Bryce Petty.

Go Jets...Cyborg

quite a battle there for backup........they are all garbage. Tanneyhill still did more than Geno. Geno is not just struggling, he is god awful bad. Need to run away from that mess as fast as possible.

Jake Locker has the same problem he had at Washington - accuracy. Run away.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 14:32

Cross Jameis Winston QB off my list. The announcers saturday threw out some terrible stats on Winston's long ball. He can't throw the ball with accuracy over 20 yards, and when he does, it looks like a wounded Duck ! No thanks even though he has not lost a game.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 14:56

cysporsche wrote:Cross Jameis Winston QB off my list. The announcers saturday threw out some terrible stats on Winston's long ball. He can't throw the ball with accuracy over 20 yards, and when he does, it looks like a wounded Duck ! No thanks even though he has not lost a game.

Go Jets...Cyborg

I would caution just a hair. Winston no doubt has issues with mechanics. I see him throw too often flat footed. What you latch onto is his ability/willingness to scan the field. Those instincts/skills are hard to teach. Footwork can be corrected.........but the stuff between the ears? That's where you find the gold. Winston makes it tough to judge him because of the immaturity and inexperience. He could really benefit from a another year in college - football wise....but the guy draws trouble better than a whore draws customers on dollar day.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sat 29 Nov 2014 - 19:15

4 picks for Winston today. He would do well to return to school next year. No way he is the answer to the Jets' questions at QB.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 29 Nov 2014 - 20:44

GratefulJet wrote:4 picks for Winston today. He would do well to return to school next year. No way he is the answer to the Jets' questions at QB.

His deep ball is terrible and he doesnt throw tight spirals and never has. His game doesn't translate to the NFL. Doesn't matter if he stays another year or not, he won't be successful in the NFL.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sun 30 Nov 2014 - 11:26

There's really no QB in this upcoming draft who interests me aside from Mariota, and while I am cognizant of the fact Mariota is coming from a single-read spread offense where taking off with the football is sometimes the first option and almost always the second, he still possesses the best set of tools to succeed in the NFL. His decision-making and ball protection are underrated qualities due to the fact his running ability and passing production jump off the screen at you. He's doing everything you could ask of him and more, and that's really all you can expect right now. The question is whether he can translate to a pro offense, and so far he's given no reason to suspect he can't.

In fact, it's hard to find another QB who even looks like he belongs in the NFL. Mannion, Petty, Hogan, Prescott, Marshall...all very flawed QBs in their own right . Hard to project any of them taking off at the next level, although I have to think one of them will. It might be Nick Marshall.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Mon 1 Dec 2014 - 14:08

whomever gets drafted.....it would be silly to start that kid right away. they just don't come in prepared enough.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Mon 1 Dec 2014 - 14:10

some kid is going to flash his football brains at the upcoming all-star games/combines that will get the draft predictions crazy. Will it be Mariota? Will it be some kid from a more obscure program that gets the attention of scouts? Only time will tell, but to try to lock in on it now is crazy.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 17:11

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 17:57

football51 wrote:Namath likes Mariota......... but also really likes Manziel.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/46751/joe-namath-on-the-jets-this-is-not-working

Well, if they are similar players and he likes their "feel for the game," I prefer Mariota at 6'4 220 compared to Johnny's 5'11 205.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 18:03

BIGGEST question that Mariota will have to answer to critics is can he stand in the pocket to find his 2nd/3rd/4th reads and not get the sudden urge to flee the pocket. Unless he demonstrates that pocket poise....he's useless.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 7:04

The young veteran QB that I think can be had on the cheap is Kirk Cousins of the Redskins. He was all the rage here in DC until they started him when RG3 first got injured this year. He flunked the audition, but has a lot of the qualities that can be built on. I think long term a very good #2.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 11:09

Old#15 wrote:The young veteran QB that I think can be had on the cheap is Kirk Cousins of the Redskins.  He was all the rage here in DC until they started him when RG3 first got injured this year.  He flunked the audition, but has a lot of the qualities that can be built on.  I think long term a very good #2.

We need a great starting QB, not a good back-up. Cousins is not even in the Redskin conversations anymore since he crashed & burned as a starter.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 12:21

cysporsche wrote:
    Old#15 wrote:The young veteran QB that I think can be had on the cheap is Kirk Cousins of the Redskins.  He was all the rage here in DC until they started him when RG3 first got injured this year.  He flunked the audition, but has a lot of the qualities that can be built on.  I think long term a very good #2.

We need a great starting QB, not a good back-up. Cousins is not even in the Redskin conversations anymore since he crashed & burned as a starter.

Go Jets...Cyborg

true on both accounts........BUT.......there is no Andrew Luck in this draft either. Burning that top 5 pick on a QB could be fool's gold.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 12:32

cysporsche wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

Cy, I agree that Cousins isn't great but he may be better than what we have now with the right coach. Hell, all three of our QBs would be better with a better coach. I also think that we might be better served drafting a stud LT or OLB if we are in the top 5. Winston has bust written all over him and I don't think forking over a bunch of premium picks to jump up to get Mariotta is worth it.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sat 6 Dec 2014 - 17:06

If we go QB with a round 3-4 pick in 2015, one guy we will be looking at is Shane Carden, ECU:

Shane Carden highlights vs NC

He's a bit small, throws the ball off his back foot too much, kind of floats it rather than drives it, and he's got a heck of a group of receivers to throw to: Justin Hardy, Trevon Brown, Jimmy Williams, Bryce Williams, Isiah Jones....there's a lot of talent there.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sat 6 Dec 2014 - 18:05

GratefulJet wrote:If we go QB with a round 3-4 pick in 2015, one guy we will be looking at is Shane Carden, ECU:

He's a bit small, throws the ball off his back foot too much, kind of floats it rather than drives it, and he's got a heck of a  group of receivers to throw to: Justin Hardy, Trevon Brown, Jimmy Williams, Bryce Williams, Isiah Jones....there's a lot of talent there.

One of my ECU buddies told me last night that Shane Carden QB looks very good because ECU is loaded with WR talent, he went on to say that he will be 5-6th round pick as a good back-up but not starter. He said the kid that will be the best NFL prospect is Justin Harvey WR who has broken all ECU receiving records. He snatches the ball out of the air. He would be a good 2nd round pick, who might climb after the Combines.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sat 6 Dec 2014 - 18:32

cysporsche wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:If we go QB with a round 3-4 pick in 2015, one guy we will be looking at is Shane Carden, ECU:

He's a bit small, throws the ball off his back foot too much, kind of floats it rather than drives it, and he's got a heck of a  group of receivers to throw to: Justin Hardy, Trevon Brown, Jimmy Williams, Bryce Williams, Isiah Jones....there's a lot of talent there.

One of my ECU buddies told me last night that Shane Carden QB looks very good because ECU is loaded with WR talent, he went on to say that he will be 5-6th round pick as a good back-up but not starter. He said the kid that will be the best NFL prospect is Justin Harvey WR who has broken all ECU receiving records. He snatches the ball out of the air. He would be a good 2nd round pick, who might climb after the Combines.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Yes, that was my point: Carden has a tremendous group of WRs to throw to. I listed Justin Hardy first for a reason--he really stuck out on the tape I watched. Isiah Jones and Trevon Brown are another couple of guys to watch develop.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 9:46

Jay Cutler will be looking for a new home very soon as a new report has come out this morning as the Bears are regretting giving Jay such a huge contract.
    It truly depends on who comes here as head coach. I'am just thinking off the top of my head, if Woody misses out on Harbaugh and some how lands Mike Shannahan, i strongly feel he would pursue Cutler as i feel he would be the only coach that would know how to control and use him appropriately.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 10:42

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:Jay Cutler will be looking for a new home very soon as a new report has come out this morning as the Bears are regretting giving Jay such a huge contract.
    It truly depends on who comes here as head coach.  I'am just thinking off the top of my head, if Woody misses out on Harbaugh and some how lands Mike Shannahan, i strongly feel he would pursue Cutler as i feel he would be the only coach that would know how to control and use him appropriately.

Interesting scenario...any chance we can grab Marshall too! Twisted Evil
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 11:23

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:Jay Cutler will be looking for a new home very soon as a new report has come out this morning as the Bears are regretting giving Jay such a huge contract.
    It truly depends on who comes here as head coach.  I'am just thinking off the top of my head, if Woody misses out on Harbaugh and some how lands Mike Shannahan, i strongly feel he would pursue Cutler as i feel he would be the only coach that would know how to control and use him appropriately.

Is it just me, or does it seem like Cutler does'nt give a crap ? He is very lackadaisical about how he approaches the game. I wanted him back before the Bronco's had him, but i think the NY press and all Jet fans would eat the guy alive !

Go Jets...Cyborg
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 12:54

jay cutler leads the nfl in turnovers. makes sense for the jets to pursue him...
    danfran
    danfran
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

Post by danfran Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 17:46

Was looking over a story regarding the teams ahead of the Jets and their likelihood of picking a QB. If Oakland is happy with Carr, then they wouldn't draft a QB. Ditto Jacksonville with Bortles. Tampa IS looking for a QB and so is Tennessee. Now any of those teams could choose to trade out of their pick, but basically if the Jets beat Tennessee then they aren't getting Mariota or Winston without a trade-up. Losing to Tennessee would probably give then a shot at Winston. Now whether or not you are happy about his off the field issues, I'm thinking the Jets couldn't pass him up.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 19:07

danfran wrote:Was looking over a story regarding the teams ahead of the Jets and their likelihood of picking a QB. If Oakland is happy with Carr, then they wouldn't draft a QB. Ditto Jacksonville with Bortles. Tampa IS looking for a QB and so is Tennessee. Now any of those teams could choose to trade out of their pick, but basically if the Jets beat Tennessee then they aren't getting Mariota or Winston without a trade-up. Losing to Tennessee would probably give then a shot at Winston. Now whether or not you are happy about his off the field issues, I'm thinking the Jets couldn't pass him up.

One problem, Rex is going win the next 3 in a row as his exit interview !

Go Jets...Cyborg

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 17:27