Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+23
danfran
Atljet60
The Wicker Man
Sarge
NYJETSDAN16
NickSINYC
LIJETFAN
GratefulJet
JETMAN10
SackExchange
NCgreen12
Metjetgal
cysporsche
HYATT™
hobson54
trico990
JohnnyBaseball
Blindsidebrick
Superman55
football51
Old#15
soj
MachinaVerde
27 posters

Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET - Page 13 Empty Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

Post by LIJETFAN Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 23:43

No!
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET - Page 13 Empty Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

Post by SackExchange Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 23:44

Can't wait for Santonio to quit on the Bears, too.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 23:44

It's unfortunate, but Geno took an enormous step back in this game. Cost the team 10 points.  Then threw a pass out of bounds with no chance of Kerely catching it in bound.  I'am really pulling for the guy, but he seems mediocre at best.
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 23:44

I hate Monday Night Football. I either go to bed pissed off or too pumped up to sleep. Mostly, the former.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 23:45

SackExchange wrote:Can't wait for Santonio to quit on the Bears, too.

Probably in the play-offs...he and Cutler are made for each other...but he will be in the play-offs while we'll be picking top 10.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 23:46

Geno was awful tonight. I put credence into those here saying it who are fair with Geno, praising him when he does well and criticizing him when he plays poorly.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 23:46

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:It's unfortunate, but Geno took an enormous step back in this game. Cost the team 10 points.  Then threw a pass out of bounds with no chance of Kerely catching it in bound.  I'am really pulling for the guy, but he seems mediocre at best.

the entire organization, from Woody down, is mediocre.  Idzik, Rex, on down...a joke.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 23:49

Superman55 wrote:I hope we lose out
    With QB play like that, you might just get your wish.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 23:49

I'm not sure I'd say it's all-around mediocrity. There are plenty of mistakes to go around. While I love a lot of what Idzik did, some criticism of him for the CB position is warranted. Rex continues to coach undisciplined teams that make a ton of mistakes. Geno looked like last year's midseason form...and not in a good way. Brutal across the board.

That said, there is a lot of good right now in this franchise. It is built from the trenches out, on both sides of the ball, and that is a very good foundation.
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 23:51

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    How long before we hear the Vick chants?
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 23:53

The Wicker Man wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    How long before we hear the Vick chants?

Who cares?  he completed 50% of his passes last year playing with Maclin, DJax, Cooper, and McCoy...what's he going to do with Nelson, Salas, Cumberland, and Kerley?  That will only help us lose out...
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 23:53

Superman55 wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:It's unfortunate, but Geno took an enormous step back in this game. Cost the team 10 points.  Then threw a pass out of bounds with no chance of Kerely catching it in bound.  I'am really pulling for the guy, but he seems mediocre at best.

the entire organization, from Woody down, is mediocre.  Idzik, Rex, on down...a joke.
    You do know it starts with the QUarterback.  Woody hired an excellent defensive coach in which the team rally's around.  Idzik is in his 2nd full year and has changed the culture of the team.
    Yet when a QB, who many, even i think he's ready to take that next step completely falls flat on his face making the same rookie mistakes, it all falls on Geno. 
    Was it Woody's fault Geno spotted the Bears 7 points right off the bat?
    Was it Idzik's fault that Geno threw his second interception in scoring range?
    Was it Rex's fault that Geno threw the ball out of bounds not even giving Jeremy a chance to catch it in bounds?

Geno needs to take that next step and show it, not just talk about it.  He cost us this game.  Big Time.

Watching a Quarterback play like that gives me absolutely no hope for this season.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 23:55

Putting in Vick accomplishes nothing. He's as INT-prone as bad Geno, and with a lower completion percentage.

May as well play out with Geno, see where he is after two full seasons, and then evaluate if it is time to move on or not. He shouldn't get four years of mediocrity the way Sanchez does, but he deserves a second year of evaluation.
    HYATT™
    HYATT™
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by HYATT™ Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 1:34

SackExchange wrote:Traded up to #5 for Mark Sanchez.
    SEE THIS

Does it REALLY matter how many times a GM has to move up and trade valuable draft picks to land a Franchise QB?
    Until he does, all the Rd 1 potential star players in the world aren't going to do anything except leave as soon as their contracts are up.
    Polishjetfan
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by Polishjetfan Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 2:10

I have 2 points...

1. As god awful as the offense played today, THE TEAM played well enough to win. The refs took that game away w 3 terrible calls. The offensive PI that was called defensive PI, the fumble that should have been a TD, and the PI at the end (yes Kerly would have been in bounds if the guy didnt face Gaurd him right out of bounds). 

2. How many times are fans going complain about the qb play when this team has not had a legit 1000 yard wr since 2008!!!!!!!

Look at Sanchez on the eagles, lit the world on fire during the preseason. Yeah yeah "it's just the preseason" but he has WEPONS and he looked awesome, kinda like how he looked when he had Edwards and Holmes in their prime. 

Wonder why Geno looks so bad in the second half.... No decker!!!

Peyton has DT
    Rogers has Nelson 
    Ryan has JJ 
    Dalton has Green
    Stafford has Megatron
    Bree's has Graham

And all those guys have a 2nd wr and some a 3rd better than Kerly who was our 1 tonight!!!!
    And we wonder why Geno is forcing the ball into tight windows. Any qb would struggle w this group of receivers!!!
    Polishjetfan
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by Polishjetfan Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 2:15

Ill just out this out there and see what ppl think...

IMO, if the jets had a top 5 wr to go WITH Decker (JJ, green, Megatron, DT, or Marshal) the jets would easily be a top 5 team in the league. 

That's how much I think of Geno's ability and how much not having legit targets for him hurts him.
    danfran
    danfran
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

Post by danfran Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 6:09

SackExchange wrote:Just a reminder...the stripes take points off the board for the Jets and give them to the Bears.

How did the Pats win? Oh, yeah, the Raiders' tying TD was negated by a holding call.

Jets are sloppy. But that doesn't excuse the stripes week in and week out.
    Jets ARE sloppy. Geno with the pick 6, the muffed punt, the INT in the end zone. Can't expect to win with those kinds of mistakes.
    danfran
    danfran
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

Post by danfran Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 6:11

Polishjetfan wrote:Ill just out this out there and see what ppl think...

IMO, if the jets had a top 5 wr to go WITH Decker (JJ, green, Megatron, DT, or Marshal) the jets would easily be a top 5 team in the league. 

That's how much I think of Geno's ability and how much not having legit targets for him hurts him.
    A top 5 receiver doesn't negate Geno's mistakes in this game.
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 6:39

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

You do know it starts with the QUarterback.  Woody hired an excellent defensive coach in which the team rally's around.  Idzik is in his 2nd full year and has changed the culture of the team.
    Yet when a QB, who many, even i think he's ready to take that next step completely falls flat on his face making the same rookie mistakes, it all falls on Geno. 
    Was it Rex's fault that Geno threw the ball out of bounds not even giving Jeremy a chance to catch it in bounds?

Geno needs to take that next step and show it, not just talk about it.  He cost us this game.  Big Time.

Watching a Quarterback play like that gives me absolutely no hope for this season.
    I totally agree, Danny. This loss falls on Geno.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 6:44

The Wicker Man wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

I totally agree, Danny. This loss falls on Geno.
    You all know I was never a Geno fan from the start but i loved how he seemed to be progressing in the right direction. He looks like he has regressed but its too early to throw the towel in on him or the season. Lets give it at least a few more games.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 6:49

I do put a lot of the blame on Geno, but I have a hard time seeing how Idzik and Rex get a pass.  We had holes at WR and CB as soon as last season ended and we went into the offseason with 12 picks and $50 mill to spend Nd went into the season with the same holes.  Not sure how Idzik gets a pass and all these penalties and undisciplined play is ignored.

I feel Idzik hit on 1 pick, Richardson, and is getting a pass for everything else that has gone sour...which has been almost everything else...
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 7:00

Superman55 wrote:I do put a lot of the blame on Geno, but I have a hard time seeing how Idzik and Rex get a pass.  We had holes at WR and CB as soon as last season ended and we went into the offseason with 12 picks and $50 mill to spend Nd went into the season with the same holes.  Not sure how Idzik gets a pass and all these penalties and undisciplined play is ignored.

I feel Idzik hit on 1 pick, Richardson, and is getting a pass for everything else that has gone sour...which has been almost everything else...
    Well, he did address the WR position, Decker is a stud, unfortunately, he's hurt. Amaro shows some flashes, but he had 
    a huge drop last night. 

As far as Corner....I'll give you that. A healthy Dimitri Patterson gives you depth, not a solid starter. McDougle, I liked that pick,
    but, most likey a slot corner to start his career. 

I also agree that this years class doesn't look good right now, but, it's way too early to call. I do believe Pryor is a stud.
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 7:03

I'm watching the post game show now, and listening to Geno is giving me deja vu of Mark Sanchez.
    I want to root for the kid.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 7:04

51 - don't argue if it was $50 mill

We have $21 mill in cap space after spending

$13 mill on draft picks
    $8 mill on Decker
    $5 mill on Vick
    $5 mill on Cj2K

did even mention our RT.

We had $50 mill to spend and still have over $21 mill.  It's not about being like Mike T, it's about not being like Tampa.  Funny, we look a lot like Tampa these days.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 7:11

The Wicker Man wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:I do put a lot of the blame on Geno, but I have a hard time seeing how Idzik and Rex get a pass.  We had holes at WR and CB as soon as last season ended and we went into the offseason with 12 picks and $50 mill to spend Nd went into the season with the same holes.  Not sure how Idzik gets a pass and all these penalties and undisciplined play is ignored.

Well, he did address the WR position, Decker is a stud, unfortunately, he's hurt. Amaro shows some flashes, but he had 
    a huge drop last night. 

As far as Corner....I'll give you that. A healthy Dimitri Patterson gives you depth, not a solid starter. McDougle, I liked that pick,
    but, most likey a slot corner to start his career. 

I also agree that this years class doesn't look good right now, but, it's way too early to call. I do believe Pryor is a stud.

Did you even go to bed last night? 

Appreciate your optimism though.  I'm also glad Amaro was in last night.  He was only in 12% of the offensive snaps before last night.  Still think Marty is trying to figure out how to use him.

I too think Pryor will be a stud one day but is being used more in coverage than he should be to help our pathetic secondary.  Allen is also doing solid for moving fr LB, to S, to CB.

Just too many holes fore to be optimistic.

Oh, and Dexker is a stud...but this draft class was stacked at WR and Saunders and Evans isn't exactly what I feel was addressing our needs...just my opinion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 4:53