Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+16
Metjetgal
LIJETFAN
Polishjetfan
danfran
The Wicker Man
Sarge
Blindsidebrick
NCgreen12
trico990
football51
lnap23
NickSINYC
soj
MachinaVerde
SackExchange
Superman55
20 posters

Dee Milliner

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Dee Milliner Empty Dee Milliner

Post by Superman55 Tue 9 Sep 2014 - 8:48

Rex 'absolutely' hopes Milliner returns soon
    September, 8, 2014
    SEP 8
    7:55
    PM ET
    By Mike Mazzeo | ESPNNewYork.com
    47COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
    FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- New York Jets coach Rex Ryan is hopeful that cornerback Dee Milliner can make his 2014 regular-season debut in Sunday's Week 2 matchup against the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field.

When it comes to injured players, Ryan is always hopeful. But this time it sounded like there was a bit more optimism in his voice than usual. Milliner has not practiced since suffering a high-ankle sprain on Aug. 10.

"We'll see how he is on Wednesday [at practice], but I absolutely hope that he can play," Ryan said Monday. "I think Dee's an outstanding player, so yeah we want him back for sure."

The Jets got away with using converted safety Antonio Allen and career backup Darrin Walls at cornerback against the Oakland Raiders in Week 1. But they were facing a rookie in Derek Carr and some pedestrian wide receivers.

Aaron Rodgers is no rookie. And Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb aren't pedestrian.

The Jets are going to need all the help they can get in the secondary. The hope is Milliner will be ready.

• A.J. Edds, a solid special-teamer, was the only injury the Jets sustained in Week 1. Edds (hamstring) says he's day-to-day.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Dee Milliner Empty Re: Dee Milliner

Post by SackExchange Tue 9 Sep 2014 - 11:43

Our secondary would be in MUCH better shape with a healthy Milliner. I think we're fine at safety, and view Milliner as an emerging legit #1 CB. If Allen can serve in that #2 capacity, the secondary questions will have been vastly overblown.
    MachinaVerde
    MachinaVerde
    Admin
    Admin

Post by MachinaVerde Tue 9 Sep 2014 - 11:44

agreed Sack. I think Allen answered the call very well last week and with a healthy Milliner it will be that much more flexible
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Wed 10 Sep 2014 - 12:44

Milliner took part in individuals today (what the beat writers called position drills). Very good sign.
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Wed 10 Sep 2014 - 13:17

Well lets hope he doesn't rush it... I want him back but not if he isn't healthy - think cro last year.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Wed 10 Sep 2014 - 13:18

soj wrote:Well lets hope he doesn't rush it... I want him back but not if he isn't healthy - think cro last year.

Practicing is a good sign but the real concern is what that ankle looks and feels like after a few days of practice
    lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by lnap23 Wed 10 Sep 2014 - 16:17

NickSINYC wrote:
    soj wrote:Well lets hope he doesn't rush it... I want him back but not if he isn't healthy - think cro last year.

Practicing is a good sign but the real concern is what that ankle looks and feels like after a few days of practice

Yeah tomorrow and Friday will be a big indicator.

Formerly lounap23 from Scout.  Glad to be here
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Wed 10 Sep 2014 - 16:21

Glad to have you here!
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 10 Sep 2014 - 16:39

Dee Milliner 6f4JBisT_normalKimberley A. Martin [ltr]@KMart_LI[/ltr] · 2h
    [ltr]"Tomorrow will be a big tell for us," Rex said of Dee Milliner's status. ...Even if he does face GB, Dee won't play the entire game #jets[/ltr]

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 10 Sep 2014 - 16:48

Dee Milliner Danleberfeld_normalDan Leberfeld [ltr]@jetswhispers[/ltr] · 9m
    [ltr]"You just have to get back into the rhythm of tings. I haven't been out there for a while." - Dee Milliner[/ltr]
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 11 Sep 2014 - 15:59

Dee Milliner PgRzLdnp_normalChris Lopresti [ltr]@CLoprestiWFAN[/ltr] · 2h
    [ltr]Rex says Milliner's participation was basically the same as Wednesday. Ankle responded well. Optimistic about Sunday. #NYJ[/ltr]
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Thu 11 Sep 2014 - 16:20

We're gonna shock the world. Getting Milliner back is going to be a big part of the next 6 games when we leave a lot of mouths open. Cobb vs Wilson is a big matchup, but I wonder how Rex will use Milliner. I think that mystery is going to be interesting. I'm betting Milliner rotates with Walls on Nelson and is in every Nickel and Dime package but not many 1st downs formations.
    trico990
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by trico990 Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 9:00

I'm fairly certain that with Milliner back AA goes back to safety or hybrid where he can take on the TE but he is such a baller I would love to see him and Milliner at CB.
    NCgreen12
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NCgreen12 Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 9:56

Sure hope we're not rushing him back. Practice is a different animal from a real game - fingers and toes crossed.

I've kind of block out what we did against Oakland with regards to us being OK at the CB position. They played great last Sunday but we're facing a monster this week. The big thing will be keeping it in front of you and making the sure tackle (no YAC). Something they did as well as I can remember.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 10:11

We brought back Ellis Lankster. Sorry, didn't think it was worth it's own thread. Don't know if this means anything in relation to the Milliner situation.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 10:25

Well, Ellis stinks as a CB, but he's a tough little son of a gun on special teams
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 10:41

Sarge wrote:Well, Ellis stinks as a CB, but he's a tough little son of a gun on special teams

Agreed, I think McFadden was brought in to play and Ellis was brought in for SP.  Now that Milliner is back, drop McFadden and bring back Ellis.  I am sure Idzik thought this from the beginning.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 16:33

Brandon Marshall questionable, Dee Milliner doubtful for Monday night

Posted by Mike Wilkening on September 20, 2014, 2:49 PM EDT
    Dee Milliner Cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptdjzjayotzlmgnlnty4zdizmmu4otm0m2rlntu5ndi5-e1411238915763
    AP
    [size]
    After a limited practice Saturday, Bears wide receiver Brandon Marshall is questionable for Monday night’s game at the Jets, according to the league’s injury report.
    The practice was Marshall’s first since suffering an ankle injury in the season-opening loss to Buffalo. He caught three TD passes in the Bears’ Week Two win at San Francisco despite not practicing at all.
    The Bears’ other starting wideout, Alshon Jeffery, is questionable with a hamstring injury. But like Marshall, he played through the injury a week ago, and he’s put in three limited practices this week. These would seem to be positive signs for his readiness for Chicago’s second consecutive road game in primetime.
    While the Bears appear on track to have Marshall and Jeffery, they will not have center Roberto Garza (ankle) and left guard Matt Slauson (ankle). Both have been ruled out for a second straight game. Brian de la Puente will replace Garza, withMichael Ola to step in for Slauson.
    The Bears will also be without outside linebacker Shea McClellin, who has missed the last two practices with a hand injury. Jon Bostic reportedly could get the call in his place against New York.
    The Jets, meanwhile, are in danger of not having cornerback Dee Milliner in the lineup Monday night against Chicago’s strong passing game. Milliner is doubtful with quadricep and ankle injuries, and he missed a second straight practice on Saturday.Darrin Walls could start if Milliner can’t go.
    The only other pressing Jets injury concern is the status of wideout Eric Decker, who’s questionable with a hamstring injury. However, Decker did see his first practice work of the week on Saturday, putting in a limited workout.[/size]
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 17:17

I wouldn't be surprised if playing him too soon with that high ankle sprain didn't play into the quad issue he is also dealing with now
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 17:36

Milliner looked slow as fecal matter last Sunday, I don't see him playing. It's early yet, but, he's
    been a big disappointment.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 20:42

I'd rather lose games and get Milliner healthy than play him before he's ready. You can't rush a high ankle sprain.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 21 Sep 2014 - 6:53

[size=60]Jets’ Milliner not likely to play vs. Bears, Decker iffy[/size]
    By Brian Costello
    September 20, 2014 | 9:21pm

Modal Trigger

Dee Milliner Dee
    [size]
    Dee MillinerPhoto: Bill Kostroun[/size]

MORE ON:

[size=36][size=36]NEW YORK JETS
    [/size]
    Converting Allen to corner is a safety valve for Jets defense

How Jets' Demario Davis has turned into a defensive stud

Jets can't overlook Bears running back Matt Forte

Santonio Holmes looks to get 'Jetribution' against former team[/size]
    It appears the Jets will be without top cornerback Dee Milliner for Monday night’s game with the Bears.
    Milliner did not practice for the second straight day Saturday and officially is listed as doubtful to play in the game with ankle and quadriceps injuries. The quad injury popped up Friday and cost Milliner the practice time.
    Wide receiver Eric Decker practiced on a limited basis Saturday, his first practice of the week after suffering a hamstring injury in last week’s game. Decker is listed as questionable on the injury report. Decker likely will be allowed to warm up for Monday’s game and the coaches and trainers will make a game-time decision.
    For the Bears, wide receivers Brandon Marshall (ankle) and Alshon Jeffery (hamstring) are both listed as questionable. Both players are expected to play. Center Roberto Garza (ankle), LB Shea McLellin (hand), CB Sherick McManis (quad), DT Jeremiah Ratliff (concussion) and ex-Jet G Matt Slauson (ankle) all were ruled out.
    If Milliner can’t play, the Jets top cornerbacks will be Antonio Allen, Darrin Walls, Kyle Wilson and Ellis Lankster.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 17:04

Interesting, although, I believe his quad acted up because he played against the Packers before he could properly strengthen his leg coming off the ankle injury.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 23:10

Reports are he will be out this week also...kind of feel this will be the story of his career. he just seems like an unreliable player...
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 7:45

Superman55 wrote:Reports are he will be out this week also...kind of feel this will be the story of his career.  he just seems like an unreliable player...

The "B" word comes to mind. He's been here for 19 games so far and played well in 4 of them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 14 May 2024 - 20:37