Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+10
Metjetgal
Sarge
Blindsidebrick
GratefulJet
cysporsche
hobson54
soj
NYJETSDAN16
NickSINYC
football51
14 posters

Official: Mike Maccagnan new GM

hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Official: Mike Maccagnan new GM - Page 4 Empty Re: Official: Mike Maccagnan new GM

Post by hobson54 Thu 22 Jan 2015 - 9:45

i came away very impressed with maccagnan from the presser. granted a presser is meaningless in terms of how he will do on the job, but it made me feel a lot better about the hire
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Official: Mike Maccagnan new GM - Page 4 Empty Re: Official: Mike Maccagnan new GM

Post by Seaver Thu 22 Jan 2015 - 11:30

We'll know a lot more about the man after his first draft.......should be fun to follow.

one thing......I fully expect the most popular game on this board come draft/FA period will be connect the dots. We will dissect every damn move and tie it into the bigger picture more so than ever before in the wake of how it went for Idzik.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Thu 22 Jan 2015 - 11:36

Seaver wrote:We'll know a lot more about the man after his first draft.......should be fun to follow.

one thing......I fully expect the most popular game on this board come draft/FA period will be connect the dots.  We will dissect every damn move and tie it into the bigger picture more so than ever before in the wake of how it went for Idzik.

I think we'll know a lot more about him by the way he attacks team needs in free agency. I sense he's going to be a lot more aggressive than Idzik was, but at the same time he's going to be value-oriented (as opposed to a big name hunter, the way Tanny/Rex were in 2009-10).
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Thu 22 Jan 2015 - 11:52

So far I'm very impressed with Mike Maccagnan, but let's be honest. Don't you think it's a lot easier to step into this role after Idzik was crucified by us Jet fans & the NY media ?

My only question is, who will be handling the cap which was a huge part of Idzik's job ?

I've been saying this for a while, but it's very difficult to find a true football guy, that can also handle the financial responsibilities as a GM. It should have been two separate jobs to begin with.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 22 Jan 2015 - 15:52

Wayne Chrebet @waynechrebet · 2h 2 hours ago
    Nice to have 2 New Jersey guys leading the J-E-T-S now. Welcome aboard Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles. LET'S GO JETS!

I guess this is from his interview today with Francesa.

Brian Costello @BrianCoz · 2h 2 hours ago
    Impressed with how Maccagnan is answering Qs. Obviously, there are things he can't answer right now. He's saying as much as he can, though.

Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI · 6h 6 hours ago
    Mike Maccagnan on Geno Smith: "I don't want to rule out Geno or anoint him." (via WFAN) #jets

NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Thu 22 Jan 2015 - 16:02

football51 wrote:Wayne Chrebet @waynechrebet  ·  2h 2 hours ago
    Nice to have 2 New Jersey guys leading the J-E-T-S now. Welcome aboard Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles. LET'S GO JETS!

Brian Costello @BrianCoz  ·  2h 2 hours ago
    Impressed with how Maccagnan is answering Qs. Obviously, there are things he can't answer right now. He's saying as much as he can, though.

Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI  ·  6h 6 hours ago
    Mike Maccagnan on Geno Smith: "I don't want to rule out Geno or anoint him." (via WFAN) #jets

This did come from the interview. He did a good job again. Answered questions honestly but was reserved and woould not commit to specifics at this point but spoke in broad strokes.

There was a funny moment with Francesa. Maccagnan spoke about the great facility the team had and said something like I am sure you have seen it and Mike comes back with talk to your owner we are not on the best terms. Awkward but funny. They both handled it well
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Thu 22 Jan 2015 - 16:11

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 22 Jan 2015 - 16:12

NickSINYC wrote:
    football51 wrote:Wayne Chrebet @waynechrebet  ·  2h 2 hours ago

Brian Costello @BrianCoz  ·  2h 2 hours ago

Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI  ·  6h 6 hours ago

This did come from the interview. He did a good job again. Answered questions honestly but was reserved and woould not commit to specifics at this point but spoke in broad strokes.

There was a funny moment with Francesa. Maccagnan spoke about the great facility the team had and said something like I am sure you have seen it and Mike comes back with talk to your owner we are not on the best terms. Awkward but funny. They both handled it well

lol!
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Thu 22 Jan 2015 - 16:19

cysporsche wrote:So far I'm very impressed with Mike Maccagnan, but let's be honest. Don't you think it's a lot easier to step into this role after Idzik was crucified by us Jet fans & the NY media ?

My only question is, who will be handling the cap which was a huge part of Idzik's job ?

I've been saying this for a while, but it's very difficult to find a true football guy, that can also handle the financial responsibilities as a GM. It should have been two separate jobs to begin with.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    It's a better scenario to have a football guy at the top and a cap/money guy as assistant. That's where the Jets are headed.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 14:23

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer · 2h 2 hours ago
    Revisiting my Mike Lombardi Theory (re: toxic front-office forces). 2015 GM hires -- Maccagnan, McCloughan, Pace -- all non-politicians.

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer · 2h 2 hours ago
    ... So I think, in that way, owners have been conscious about that, in trying to build healthy environments within their football operations
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 14:43

Kristian Dyer @KristianRDyer · 29m 29 minutes ago
    #Jets fan buys http://FireMikeMaccagnan.com domain name to 'keep it from being used' http://www.metro.us/new-york/jets-fan-buys-firemikemaccagnan-com-domain-name-to-keep-it-from-being-used/zsJoaE---uaqwr9qPGSHSY/ … via @metronewyork
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 15:11

NickSINYC wrote:Kristian Dyer @KristianRDyer  ·  29m 29 minutes ago
    #Jets fan buys http://FireMikeMaccagnan.com  domain name to 'keep it from being used' http://www.metro.us/new-york/jets-fan-buys-firemikemaccagnan-com-domain-name-to-keep-it-from-being-used/zsJoaE---uaqwr9qPGSHSY/ … via @metronewyork
    Thank you to whichever Jets fan did this!
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 21:38

NickSINYC wrote:Kristian Dyer @KristianRDyer  ·  29m 29 minutes ago
    #Jets fan buys http://FireMikeMaccagnan.com  domain name to 'keep it from being used' http://www.metro.us/new-york/jets-fan-buys-firemikemaccagnan-com-domain-name-to-keep-it-from-being-used/zsJoaE---uaqwr9qPGSHSY/ … via @metronewyork

This one fan hopefully stopped the nutjobs from painting Jets fans as kooks. Nice work.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024 - 8:58