Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+3
SackExchange
Sarge
NickSINYC
7 posters

John Fox vs Dan Quinn

Poll

Fox vs Quinn

[ 0 ]
    John Fox vs Dan Quinn Bar_left0%John Fox vs Dan Quinn Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 4 ]
    John Fox vs Dan Quinn Bar_left44%John Fox vs Dan Quinn Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 2 ]
    John Fox vs Dan Quinn Bar_left22%John Fox vs Dan Quinn Bar_right [22%] 
    [ 3 ]
    John Fox vs Dan Quinn Bar_left33%John Fox vs Dan Quinn Bar_right [33%] 

Total Votes: 9
    Poll closed
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

John Fox vs Dan Quinn Empty John Fox vs Dan Quinn

Post by Sarge Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 19:46

No one is sure if former Broncos coach John Fox will be a candidate for the Jets job, but what if it came down to Fox or Dan Quinn?
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

John Fox vs Dan Quinn Empty Re: John Fox vs Dan Quinn

Post by NickSINYC Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 19:55

I voted strongly for Quinn. I am looking to build something that will last 10 to 20 years not just a quick short term fix
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 20:06

Now we hear reports that Fox turned down a chance to interview with Jets. If true, it casts further doubt that Quinn is a done deal
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 20:08

Sarge wrote:Now we hear reports that Fox turned down a chance to interview with Jets.  If true, it casts further doubt that Quinn is a done deal
    I don't know if it casts doubt on that. I think it may confirm it more.

The Jets may be doing their diligence in talking to everyone, but if Fox knows Quinn is a Jet, he's not going to take the interview.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 20:14

SackExchange wrote:
    Sarge wrote:Now we hear reports that Fox turned down a chance to interview with Jets.  If true, it casts further doubt that Quinn is a done deal

The Jets may be doing their diligence in talking to everyone, but if Fox knows Quinn is a Jet, he's not going to take the interview.

It can be interpreted both ways but with the other 2 interviews the Jets do have scheduled I am not so sure Quinn is a done deal although I think he is the strong favorite.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 20:20

NickSINYC wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:

It can be interpreted both ways but with the other 2 interviews the Jets do have scheduled I am not so sure Quinn is a done deal although I think he is the strong favorite.
    If the Jets ignored everyone else right now, it would have the appearance that they had an agreement in place with Quinn.

Now, Goodell loves punishing the Jets more than other teams for similar offenses, so the team has to be careful not to give the appearance that it's a done deal.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 20:57

SackExchange wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:

If the Jets ignored everyone else right now, it would have the appearance that they had an agreement in place with Quinn.

Now, Goodell loves punishing the Jets more than other teams for similar offenses, so the team has to be careful not to give the appearance that it's a done deal.

There could be something to this theory. The last thing the Jets need right now are tampering charges from the Seahawks or the league. Quinn could very well be locked up "in the shadows" right now with the Jets. A hush-hush agreement in place, if you will.

I don't read much into Fox, though. Some guys want nothing to do with the NY media. And frankly, the Jets need a lot of work with that roster. Fox is gonna look somewhere for a stable QB situation. He's gonna be 60 next year. Time's running out. No rebuilds for him.

NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 20:59

Blindsidebrick wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:

There could be something to this theory. The last thing the Jets need right now are tampering charges from the Seahawks or the league. Quinn could very well be locked up "in the shadows" right now with the Jets. A hush-hush agreement in place, if you will.

I don't read much into Fox, though. Some guys want nothing to do with the NY media. And frankly, the Jets need a lot of work with that roster. Fox is gonna look somewhere for a stable QB situation. He's gonna be 60 next year. Time's running out. No rebuilds for him.

I posted in the other thread looks like maybe a Fox interview was not requested
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 21:00

Well, Fox has NY ties, as a coordinator with the Giants, so I'm not sure if that sways him either way regarding the NY media.

But it seems like there was no request, anyway. I still think having Fox in your back pocket is a good thing.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 21:33

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 16m 16 minutes ago
    In response to my earlier tweet about Jets' contact with John Fox, Jets officials said no interview request was made.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 23:12

NickSINYC wrote:Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter  ·  16m 16 minutes ago
    In response to my earlier tweet about Jets' contact with John Fox, Jets officials said no interview request was made.

Schefter is usually pretty reliable, but he muffed this one. Reporting that the Jets got "spurned" by Fox, when no interview request was even given?

C'mon Schefter! You're better than that!
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 7:29

Quinn- because I don't want a coach as old as Cy! Razz
    NCgreen12
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NCgreen12 Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 9:57

Can't totally discount Fox as he did take a team with Delhomme to the Super Bowl but that was 12 years ago. He also took a Tebow led team into the playoffs but they were 8-8 that year. On the other side he did get way out coached in the Super Bowl last year with a healthy Manning at the helm. I'd rather take a chance on the unknown and the potential of a young smart guy which I read Quinn is. It may backfire but to me after 50 years of watching I'm all about Super Bowls and not just making the playoffs.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 10:22

The Wicker Man wrote:Quinn- because I don't want a coach as old as Cy! Razz

Billy, LOL, Damn you guy's make me feel old ! I still feel like I could put pads back on and show you young bucks how to play ball !

Latest rumor I'm hearing is that John Elway wants Dan Quinn for the Broncos ?

Have also heard that John Fox is being pursued by the Chicago Bears ?

Go Jets...Cyborg
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 12:12

cysporsche wrote:

Billy, LOL, Damn you guy's make me feel old ! I still feel like I could put pads back on and show you young bucks how to play ball !

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Broncos are WAY behind the Jets for Quinn.

The NFL only allows teams to conduct second interviews with assistants from Super Bowl teams during the bye week. This means that if Seattle beats GB, Denver can't even talk to him until after the Super Bowl, while the Jets could hold their second interview during the bye week. That is a huge advantage to the Jets.
    NCgreen12
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NCgreen12 Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 14:35

SackExchange wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

The NFL only allows teams to conduct second interviews with assistants from Super Bowl teams during the bye week. This means that if Seattle beats GB, Denver can't even talk to him until after the Super Bowl, while the Jets could hold their second interview during the bye week. That is a huge advantage to the Jets.

Broncos are also in a bit of limbo with Manning (is it over with him). They also need to sign both Thomas' which won't be cheap.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 14:52

NCgreen12 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

Broncos are also in a bit of limbo with Manning (is it over with him). They also need to sign both Thomas' which won't be cheap.
    If Manning doesn't come back, Denver may be in more of a rebuild mode than the Jets. They may dump some vets with big contracts.

A lot depends on Manning. The entire offseason for several teams, it would seem. The market for positions like WR and DB. Big questions remain unanswered.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 15:05

SackExchange wrote:
    NCgreen12 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

If Manning doesn't come back, Denver may be in more of a rebuild mode than the Jets. They may dump some vets with big contracts.

A lot depends on Manning. The entire offseason for several teams, it would seem. The market for positions like WR and DB. Big questions remain unanswered.

Even if Manning comes back what does that really change? He is a year older version on the downside and only prolongs the shakeup for a year.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024 - 13:43