Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+19
Old#15
Metjetgal
jamesfyo123
GratefulJet
Blindsidebrick
AFA2017
SackExchange
jetsfanshanghai
soj
hobson54
LIJETFAN
Superman55
NYJETSDAN16
McJet
lnap23
NickSINYC
cysporsche
football51
Sarge
23 posters

Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

Post by Blindsidebrick Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 12:39

AFA2017 wrote:Rex Ryan!  Don't want him, but feel Woody will keep him and fire Idzik.

Firing Idzik and keeping Ryan would make no sense, and would effectively say "Idzik was the problem, and Rex got screwed because he wasn't given the right personel".

A common mythology.
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

Post by soj Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 13:16

Blindsidebrick wrote:
    AFA2017 wrote:Rex Ryan!  Don't want him, but feel Woody will keep him and fire Idzik.

Firing Idzik and keeping Ryan would make no sense, and would effectively say "Idzik was the problem, and Rex got screwed because he wasn't given the right personel".

A common mythology.

I really doesn't matter if it makes no sense to you or me... If the dream team suggest that they keep Rex Woody just might.

What I am wondering is if that happens then will the new GM - whomever that is - develop specific criteria for Rex's improvement? I mean provide specific criteria with a baseline for improvement along with expectations (meaning no blowout losses, accountability at evey position and coaches) and each Q measure progress...
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 13:32

If they keep Rex, which seems very unlikely but possible I guess, they have to fire Marty and bring in a full time outside offensive anddefensive coordinator, right? Probably a moot question
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 13:35

Just my opinion, but I have a better chance of being the hc next year than Rex does Very Happy .
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 13:43

football51 wrote:Just my opinion, but I have a better chance of being the hc next year than Rex does Very Happy .

And I thought things couldn't get any worse. Smile
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 14:05

Superman55 wrote:
    football51 wrote:Just my opinion, but I have a better chance of being the hc next year than Rex does Very Happy .

Hey............. I was going to put you on my staff Very Happy .
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 14:19

LIJETFAN wrote:I think it depends on what the consultants say and what the new GM's philosophy is.  I would be fine with an offensive coach, and I would actually prefer a guy like Billick, or someone from the college ranks that has a more innovative approach.  One guy who is never mentioned is Tom Clements from GB.  He would be an interesting choice.  

Actually I mentioned him a few weeks ago in another thread. I agree he might be interesting.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 15:14

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:In all honesty, I think it will still be Rex. Idzik will get the axe on Monday 100%.  Woody love Rex but will defer to the new GM if he wants to keep Rex or not.
    Casserley likes Rex as he stated many times on NFL network. Woody some stated inside the organization THAT HE WAS VER DISPLEASED ON HOW IDZIK HANDLED THE '14 OFF SEASON.

I'd love Harbaugh, but Hobson may be right on him going to Michigan. I'am though in no way discounting the fact that Rex may still be the football coach of 2015 with a GM that ACTUALLY wants him here.
    Ugh. Another year of poor offense, players not being held accountable, a lack of preparation, stupid penalties and mistakes. That would be a disaster.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 16:30

Superman55 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:My guess is Haley, ESPECIALLY if Ron Wolf is brought in as a consultant. Wolf and the Haley family have ties from front offices, including the Jets' front office. Haley is a guy who has HC experience and offensive credentials.

I hope you are correct and I am wrong about how this plays out. He is right up there near the top of my wish not expect list.

He's a coach I'd be cautiously optimistic about if we hired but someone I'll warn you I can turn on in the drop of a hat/. He gets in fight and arguments with players everywhere he goes.  He just isn't a people person and can be viewed as disfunctional.  As an X and Os guy, he's elite, as a "to work with" guy, he's John Idzik (ie few like him).

I can't endorse a coach many players and coaches don't Get along with, but would hope for the best.

The steelers players won't work with him in the offseason, and Big Ben loathes him.  That scares me.

You wants coach who publically tell his QB, "fuck you?"

http://deadspin.com/5953535/ben-roethlisberger-criticizes-todd-haleys-offense-public-gleefully-awaits-vesuvian-level-meltdown

I think these player need to be shocked back to reality after years of being coddled by Rex. I also believe HCs learn some after their 1st experience as a HC and hopefully he mellows a little.
    LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by LIJETFAN Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 16:36

Not really a fan of Haley grooming a young QB. I think with a veteran QB he can work, but not in situation where you have a young QB coming into the league. His reputation is that he is an egomaniac, and a difficult personality. You need a HC that is a great motivator too. Haley doesn't strike me as that at all. I think he's a perfectly fine a coordinator. Some coordinators should stay coordinators, and to me he is one of those guys.

My opinion remains that I would like us to hire a head coach that actually has been a head coach somewhere before and had success, whether at college or in the pros. I would prefer the pros obviously, but a college coach that has had success and brings some innovative schemes and game plans to the offense would be a good choice. If we go defense then we are probably going the coordinator route, in which case we are probably back to Quinn and Bowles.

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 17:04

Pat Kirwan just said on Sirius the Jets issues aren't the coach, it's the personnel. He feels the Jets most likely coach will be Bowles, but the Jets won't be Able to hire a better coach than the one their losing and it's really too bad for the Jets he'll be gone. Pat feels the jets will need to be real patient with the next coach since they lack talent across the board.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 17:14

Superman55 wrote:Pat Kirwan just said on Sirius the Jets issues aren't the coach, it's the personnel.  He feels the Jets most likely coach will be Bowles, but the Jets won't be Able to hire a better coach than the one their losing and it's really too bad for the Jets he'll be gone.  Pat feels the jets will need to be real patient with the next coach since they lack talent across the board.

JMO but I don't think it will be all that difficult to find a new HC who has fewer flaws than Rex does when it comes to actually running a team and not just buddying up with them.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 17:24

NickSINYC wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:Pat Kirwan just said on Sirius the Jets issues aren't the coach, it's the personnel.  He feels the Jets most likely coach will be Bowles, but the Jets won't be Able to hire a better coach than the one their losing and it's really too bad for the Jets he'll be gone.  Pat feels the jets will need to be real patient with the next coach since they lack talent across the board.

JMO but I don't think it will be all that difficult to find a new HC who has fewer flaws than Rex does when it comes to actually running a team and not just buddying up with them.

Agree Nick. I'm wondering if Kirwan memorized what rex's agent asked him to say, or did he just read from a script so he didn't screw it up?

Rex's irreplaceable scheme Rolling Eyes ................

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 8h 8 hours ago
    In last 4 years: Pats are 7-1 against #Jets. Brady has 14 TDs and 3 INTs

In last 4 years vs. Herm, Pats were 7-1. Brady had 10 TDs, 3 INTs

In last 4 games vs. Mangini, Pats were 3-1. Brady had 5 TDs, 3 INTs.

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 19:01

football51 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:

Agree Nick. I'm wondering if Kirwan memorized what rex's agent asked him to say, or did he just read from a script so he didn't screw it up?

I think the Jets can turn it around quickly if they get a viable QB like Bradford, maybe Shaub, and fortify the secondary with a reliable CB to go with Millinet and continue adding WRs and OL.

What scares me is our OL is really going to start falling apart as Brick and Mangold get older and we haven't added enough studs to our team to be prepared to replace them. I'd hate to still be looking for QB, WR, and CB as Brick and Mangold are on their way out.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 19:31

Superman55 wrote:
    football51 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:

I think the Jets can turn it around quickly if they get a viable QB like Bradford, maybe Shaub, and fortify the secondary with a reliable CB to go with Millinet and continue adding WRs and OL.

What scares me is our OL is really going to start falling apart as Brick and Mangold get older and we haven't added enough studs to our team to be prepared to replace them.  I'd hate to still be looking for QB, WR, and CB as Brick and Mangold are on their way out.

Bradford intrigues me a little but I want no part of Shaub. His best days are a few years behind him. I would have loved him in his prime.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 20:44

football51 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

Hey............. I was going to put you on my staff Very Happy .

A wise coach once said, if they're gonna have you cook the meal, they aught to let you pick some of the groceries. Smile
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 27 Dec 2014 - 12:13

Reports are Rex Ryan's office is already cleaned out.

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 27 Dec 2014 - 12:16

Superman55 wrote:Reports are Rex Ryan's office is already cleaned out.

Alright 55, lets get to Florham Park. You'll be my OC............ scratch that, you can be the HC, I'd rather be the strength coach Very Happy .
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sat 27 Dec 2014 - 12:54

Things found in Rex's desk

Map to Manish Mehta's house
    Post it note with Arthur Blank's phone number
    Miniature Lombardi Trophy made out of aluminum foil
    Sketches of bizarre looking 15 man blitz packages
    Business card from Tattoo Shop in Chicago
    8 X 10 glossy photo of Jay Cutler
    8 X 10 glossy photo of Matt Ryan
    10 X 12 glossy photo of Brooklyn Decker
    Voodoo doll of Tom Brady w/11 pins
    Mark Sanchez bobble head
    "Christie 2016" placard
    Snub nose .38
    Cleveland Browns Playbook
    Dog eared copy of "The Sun Also Rises"

SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sat 27 Dec 2014 - 13:55

I'd love to see 55 as the GM, and then have to deal with other Jets fans second-guessing HIS every move! Twisted Evil
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sat 27 Dec 2014 - 14:18

Sarge wrote:Things found in Rex's desk

Map to Manish Mehta's house
    Post it note with Arthur Blank's phone number
    Miniature Lombardi Trophy made out of aluminum foil
    Sketches of bizarre looking 15 man blitz packages
    Business card from Tattoo Shop in Chicago
    8 X 10 glossy photo of Jay Cutler
    8 X 10 glossy photo of Matt Ryan
    10 X 12 glossy photo of Brooklyn Decker
    Voodoo doll of Tom Brady w/11 pins
    Mark Sanchez bobble head
    "Christie 2016" placard
    Snub nose .38
    Cleveland Browns Playbook
    Dog eared copy of "The Sun Also Rises"

rotflmao
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sat 27 Dec 2014 - 16:28

football51 wrote:

Alright 55, lets get to Florham Park. You'll be my OC............ scratch that, you can be the HC, I'd rather be the strength coach Very Happy .

Can I be anybody's assistant? I just want credentials to practice and the games along with no responsibility. I'll get the coffee and dry cleaning. lol! J-E-T-S
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 27 Dec 2014 - 17:51

NickSINYC wrote:
    football51 wrote:

Can I be anybody's assistant? I just want credentials to practice and the games along with no responsibility. I'll get the coffee and dry cleaning. lol! J-E-T-S

Nick, you're in. Always room for a friend Very Happy .
    jamesfyo123
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

Post by jamesfyo123 Sat 27 Dec 2014 - 20:51

I've got a feeling about us with Todd Bowles.
    Metjetgal
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Metjetgal Sat 27 Dec 2014 - 22:56

Whoever the new coach is, the new GM better get him a qb, or he won't succeed. New GM is just as important as the coach.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 14 May 2024 - 20:26