Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+19
Old#15
Metjetgal
jamesfyo123
GratefulJet
Blindsidebrick
AFA2017
SackExchange
jetsfanshanghai
soj
hobson54
LIJETFAN
Superman55
NYJETSDAN16
McJet
lnap23
NickSINYC
cysporsche
football51
Sarge
23 posters

Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC Empty Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

Post by Sarge Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 14:16

Who will be the next Jets head coach?

I want one name, no equivocation, your final answer, your official final answer guess on the Jets head coach next year.

Prior to Casserly and Wolf rumors, I would have said Seattle OC Darrell Bevell

Now my official guess is

Steelers OC Todd Haley

Who you got?
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC Empty Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

Post by football51 Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 14:25

Todd Bowles.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC Empty Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

Post by cysporsche Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 14:54

Brian Billick or Todd Haley....& Urban Meyer

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 15:43

cysporsche wrote:Brian Billick or Todd Haley....& Urban Meyer

I'm going to need one answer
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 15:56

I think this is following the rules. I say Todd Bowles will be the next HC although he is not my personal 1st choice.
    lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by lnap23 Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 16:19

NickSINYC wrote:I think this is following the rules. I say Todd Bowles will be the next HC although he is not my personal 1st choice.

I agree it'll be Bowles and he is my first choice... This teams core is defense. As bad as our offense has been we need Bowles and his defense.. and hopefully Bowles brings someone from Arians offensive tree..
    McJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by McJet Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 10:14

I agree on
    Bowles
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 10:35

I say Harbaugh. I feel as strong as Michigan will try to convince him to go to his alma mater, Woody will heed wise counsel from Casserely & Wolf to rebuild this franchise with a proven head coach that will discipline the team and make it contend.

I honestly think Woody will press hard more than any other team to convince Jim that this franchise is setup to win NOW with $50mil under the cap and a top 4 draft pick.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 10:37

Bowles
    LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by LIJETFAN Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 11:23

Dan Quinn
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 11:40

lnap23 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:I think this is following the rules. I say Todd Bowles will be the next HC although he is not my personal 1st choice.

I agree  it'll be Bowles and he is my first choice... This teams core is defense. As bad as our offense has been we need Bowles and his defense.. and hopefully Bowles brings someone from Arians offensive tree..

If Dirk Koetter shakes out of Atlanta if Mike Smith is fired, you open up the checkbook and make him assistant head coach in two seconds. He's a guy to keep an eye on.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 11:50

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:I say Harbaugh. I feel as strong as Michigan will try to convince him to go to his alma mater, Woody will heed wise counsel from Casserely & Wolf to rebuild this franchise with a proven head coach that will discipline the team and make it contend.

I honestly think Woody will press hard more than any other team to convince Jim that this franchise is setup to win NOW with $50mil under the cap and a top 4 draft pick.

not gonna happen. rumor is harbaugh is being announced as michigan coach on tuesday.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 11:52

my guess is bowles. local guy, with some link to the jets. has done a fantastic job with arizona defense
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 12:08

You all are very smart and Bowles and Quinn are very viable candidates, but I just can't see Woody going defense again. I think Woody is going to think "£#€$ this mess, I'm going to go get an offensive mind if it kills me"

Haley, Kubiak, Hamilton, Billick, Gase, McDaniel, Hue Jackson, Kevin Sumlin, Art Briles, Gus Malzhan, Lane Kiffin, Greg Roman, Bevell, Rob Chudzinski, Scott Linehan, Etc are the available offensive minds
    LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by LIJETFAN Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 13:27

I think it depends on what the consultants say and what the new GM's philosophy is. I would be fine with an offensive coach, and I would actually prefer a guy like Billick, or someone from the college ranks that has a more innovative approach. One guy who is never mentioned is Tom Clements from GB. He would be an interesting choice.
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 14:53

Dan Quinn
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 15:51

Sarge wrote:You all are very smart and Bowles and Quinn are very viable candidates, but I just can't see Woody going defense again.  I think Woody is going to think "£#€$ this mess, I'm going to go get an offensive mind if it kills me"

Haley, Kubiak, Hamilton, Billick, Gase, McDaniel, Hue Jackson, Kevin Sumlin, Art Briles, Gus Malzhan, Lane Kiffin, Greg Roman, Bevell, Rob Chudzinski, Scott Linehan, Etc are the available offensive minds

I still think with the consultant situation it will be Bowles but my top 3 choice would be Haley, Hamilton and Billick listed in no special order.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 16:09

In all honesty, I think it will still be Rex. Idzik will get the axe on Monday 100%. Woody love Rex but will defer to the new GM if he wants to keep Rex or not.
    Casserley likes Rex as he stated many times on NFL network. Woody some stated inside the organization THAT HE WAS VER DISPLEASED ON HOW IDZIK HANDLED THE '14 OFF SEASON.

I'd love Harbaugh, but Hobson may be right on him going to Michigan. I'am though in no way discounting the fact that Rex may still be the football coach of 2015 with a GM that ACTUALLY wants him here.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 16:32

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:In all honesty, I think it will still be Rex. Idzik will get the axe on Monday 100%.  Woody love Rex but will defer to the new GM if he wants to keep Rex or not.
    Casserley likes Rex as he stated many times on NFL network. Woody some stated inside the organization THAT HE WAS VER DISPLEASED ON HOW IDZIK HANDLED THE '14 OFF SEASON.

I'd love Harbaugh, but Hobson may be right on him going to Michigan. I'am though in no way discounting the fact that Rex may still be the football coach of 2015 with a GM that ACTUALLY wants him here.

You mean a GM who understands the offensive and defensive philosophies and adds players that fits them.

I wouldn't be shocked if you're right, but it's not what I want to happen. The jets need to clean house, IMO.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 19:08

Superman55 wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:In all honesty, I think it will still be Rex. Idzik will get the axe on Monday 100%.  Woody love Rex but will defer to the new GM if he wants to keep Rex or not.

You mean a GM who understands the offensive and defensive philosophies and adds players that fits them.  

I wouldn't be shocked if you're right, but it's not what I want to happen.  The jets need to clean house, IMO.

I could not agree more 55. It's just a gut feeling.
    jetsfanshanghai
    jetsfanshanghai
    Honorary Test Pilot
    Honorary Test Pilot

Post by jetsfanshanghai Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 20:48

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

I wouldn't be shocked if you're right, but it's not what I want to happen.  The jets need to clean house, IMO.

I could not agree more 55. It's just a gut feeling.

It wouldn't be my choice either, but, I see where you are coming from Dan.

As for my vote; Kevin Sumlin
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 23:37

My guess is Haley, ESPECIALLY if Ron Wolf is brought in as a consultant. Wolf and the Haley family have ties from front offices, including the Jets' front office. Haley is a guy who has HC experience and offensive credentials.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 23:54

SackExchange wrote:My guess is Haley, ESPECIALLY if Ron Wolf is brought in as a consultant. Wolf and the Haley family have ties from front offices, including the Jets' front office. Haley is a guy who has HC experience and offensive credentials.

I hope you are correct and I am wrong about how this plays out. He is right up there near the top of my wish not expect list.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 11:15

NickSINYC wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:My guess is Haley, ESPECIALLY if Ron Wolf is brought in as a consultant. Wolf and the Haley family have ties from front offices, including the Jets' front office. Haley is a guy who has HC experience and offensive credentials.

I hope you are correct and I am wrong about how this plays out. He is right up there near the top of my wish not expect list.

He's a coach I'd be cautiously optimistic about if we hired but someone I'll warn you I can turn on in the drop of a hat/. He gets in fight and arguments with players everywhere he goes.  He just isn't a people person and can be viewed as disfunctional.  As an X and Os guy, he's elite, as a "to work with" guy, he's John Idzik (ie few like him).

I can't endorse a coach many players and coaches don't Get along with, but would hope for the best.

The steelers players won't work with him in the offseason, and Big Ben loathes him.  That scares me.

You wants coach who publically tell his QB, "fuck you?"

http://deadspin.com/5953535/ben-roethlisberger-criticizes-todd-haleys-offense-public-gleefully-awaits-vesuvian-level-meltdown

AFA2017
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by AFA2017 Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 11:33

Rex Ryan! Don't want him, but feel Woody will keep him and fire Idzik.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 9 May 2024 - 21:07