Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+14
Lakerfan1980
football51
hobson54
NYJETSDAN16
Seaver
Superman55
LIJETFAN
Old#15
cysporsche
The Wicker Man
SackExchange
NickSINYC
GratefulJet
jetfandreamer
18 posters

Forget Mariota and Winston..the guy that should be Jets next QB...

NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Forget Mariota and Winston..the guy that should be Jets next QB... - Page 3 Empty Re: Forget Mariota and Winston..the guy that should be Jets next QB...

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 14 Dec 2014 - 9:26

Not me 55. Vince Young, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Cade McNown, Geno Smiths and the Brady Quins of the world had everything going for them except for one thing, their ability to process countless multi-changing information and think on the fly.

Mariota has "it" between the ears. He's a selfless person. Last night during the Heisman award presentation, the least thing he spoke about was himself. The guy learns from his mistakes and gives his success to the men in the locker room.

Scouts see the difference. Mariota has had big games before. Vince had an enormous match vs USC when people starting to talk about him. As opposed to Marcus in which people have been preaching about him since he was a freshman and teams, such as the Jags, Texans & Bills were chomping at the bit last year for him to declare for the draft.

I'am telling ya partner, Mariota is the real deal. The biggest problem that i have isn't about him, it's about what occurs these next 3 weeks. If the Jets & Bucs lose today, then we're on course as this Thursday night will be a tremendous match up with the Jags and Titans as we would have to pull hard for Jacksonville to win. My issue is Rex wants to win the game purley out of spite to stick it to Woody and Idzik so that we fans wont have the luxury of selecting a phenom that comes every so often.

NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Forget Mariota and Winston..the guy that should be Jets next QB... - Page 3 Empty Re: Forget Mariota and Winston..the guy that should be Jets next QB...

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 8:37

Since we're officially out of the mariota sweepstakes, That is unless Jacksonville recaptures  the # 1 overall pick in the next three rounds, we gotta talk about the  other worthy QB's out there.

1st off-HELL FN NO TO JAMEIS WINSTON. The media will turn this kid into Ryan Leaf.  Too much off the field issues. As 55 eluded to, he's coming from a Jimbo Fisher program who are excellent collegiate QB's but complete busts in the NFL.  AND A SINCERE NO TO JASON CAMBPELL 2.0 -Brett Hundley.

Here are my next QB i hope the Jets consider:

Connor Cook-Though if he comes out, no way he slips down to us as Tennessee would wrap him up unless we trade with JAX (huge partner this draft) @ #2.

Bryce Petty-Tough gritty kid. He gets the job done.  Though he needs the coaching to help with his accuracy.

Last edited by NYJETSDAN16 on Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 8:49; edited 2 times in total
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 8:40

Shane Carden-Pennington type of player. Smart but no arm strength

Sean Mannion-Not in love with his style, but he can be coached up or he may turn into a Kevin Kolb.   Buyer beware

NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 8:45

and last i have Bo Wallace, who we may get at roud 4.
    The guy broke all of his school records. He's one tough SOB and stands up for big time games. Especially this one against #1 Alabama.

Pointdexter
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by Pointdexter Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 9:33

Bo Wallace will be there in round 7.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 9:54

This is a pretty ugly draft for the QB position. I think we're better off finding a veteran that can give Geno a real competition in camp next year, and maybe take a late round flyer on a FCS guy like Vernon Adams of Eastern Washington.

Check out his numbers against Washington. 475 yards, 7 TDs?!?! The guy missed some games, presumably with an injury, but he put up video game numbers a few times. He's small (6'0" 200) but productive. From the link:

"*Threw for 4,994 yards and 55 touchdowns, which both rank third all-time in the FCS, and rushed for 605 yards and four touchdowns for the Big Sky champion Eagles. His average of 9.0 yards per offensive play and 10.28 yards per passing attempt were FCS single-season records."

(*presumably 2013)
    lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by lnap23 Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 10:41

I have been saying it for a long time... this years top QB's are not the answer... Mariota has all the tools but I feel like he is to much of a Wild Card... Since the old board and for months now I have been saying Bryce Petty, Shane Carden are the guys to target and I think Carden is the guy... as NYJETSDAN16 he is somehwhat like Pennington but he has a lot of Drew Brees in him too... That's a combo I will take, minus the injuries.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 10:46

lnap23 wrote:I have been saying it for a long time... this years top QB's are not the answer... Mariota has all the tools but I feel like he is to much of a Wild Card... Since the old board and for months now I have been saying Bryce Petty, Shane Carden are the guys to target and I think Carden is the guy... as NYJETSDAN16 he is somehwhat like Pennington but he has a lot of Drew Brees in him too... That's a combo I will take, minus the injuries.

agreed
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Wed 17 Dec 2014 - 16:01

cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 12:19

How about bringing in another re-tread like Blaine Gabbert QB 6'4"/235. He was very highly thought of when he went #1 to the Jags, but like a lot of rookie QB's he is thrown to the wolves too soon and they crash & burn. He's only 25 and sitting on the 49rs bench. He played with Sheldon Richardson @ Missouri, so maybe he has some input on Gabbert ?

Go Jets...Cyborg
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 19:19

cysporsche wrote:How about bringing in another re-tread like Blaine Gabbert QB 6'4"/235. He was very highly thought of when he went #1 to the Jags, but like a lot of rookie QB's he is thrown to the wolves too soon and they crash & burn. He's only 25 and sitting on the 49rs bench. He played with Sheldon Richardson @ Missouri, so maybe he has some input on Gabbert ?

Go Jets...Cyborg

With all due respect my brother. I will strongly have to advocate no sir on that one.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 19:34

Bryce Petty looks like the main guy I feel the Jets will in fact target if a trade can't be made for Mariota.
    If there are no trades made from other teams to jump back into the late 1st round to snag him, Petty could easily slip right unto the Jets hands which he can then have a supreme target in eventual 3rd overall pick, Amari Cooper.
    (Huge chance Jags beat the Texans this week and we lose-Cooper can be ours!!)
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 11:31

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:Bryce Petty looks like the main guy I feel the Jets will in fact target if a trade can't be made for Mariota.
    If there are no trades made from other teams to jump back into the late 1st round to snag him, Petty could easily slip right unto the Jets hands which he can then have a supreme target in eventual 3rd overall pick, Amari Cooper.  

Dan +1 agree. The 3 best players are Mariota, Winston & Cooper, and we're sitting @ 4 correct. I'd love for the Jags to beat the Texan's, but are'nt they still in the wild card hunt ? The game that could make our draft status worse, is the Jets beating the Flipper's as Rex's farewell game. If we win, it will push us way back. In all the years I've rooted for the Jets, a small part of me is hoping for a loss. Sad

Go Jets...Cyborg
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sat 27 Dec 2014 - 11:34

cysporsche wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:Bryce Petty looks like the main guy I feel the Jets will in fact target if a trade can't be made for Mariota.

Dan +1 agree. The 3 best players are Mariota, Winston & Cooper, and we're sitting @ 4 correct. I'd love for the Jags to beat the Texan's, but are'nt they still in the wild card hunt ? The game that could make our draft status worse, is the Jets beating the Flipper's as Rex's farewell game. If we win, it will push us way back. In all the years I've rooted for the Jets, a small part of me is hoping for a loss. Sad

Go Jets...Cyborg

Cy we're at #4 right now, but two of the three teams ahead of us may not go QB. Jax won't, and Tennessee might decide to stick with Mettenberger for now and take Cooper instead, or one of Ray or Gregory. I think there's a better than 50% chance one of the two top QBs falls to us at #4--but we have to lose tomorrow.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sat 27 Dec 2014 - 11:53

What if Winston & Cooper are both sitting there @ 4 ? I'm afraid the Titans will go Cooper WR if they feel Mettenberger is their future QB ? Geeeez...

Go Jets...Cyborg

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 18 May 2024 - 23:53