Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+5
Seaver
SackExchange
cysporsche
GratefulJet
Superman55
9 posters

Marcus Mariota: "I'd play my heart out for the Jets."

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Marcus Mariota: "I'd play my heart out for the Jets." Empty Marcus Mariota: "I'd play my heart out for the Jets."

Post by Superman55 Sun 23 Nov 2014 - 18:27

"If the Jets want me there, I'd love to be there, I'd play my heart out for them."

http://nypost.com/2014/11/22/oregon-star-marcus-mariota-confident-he-can-be-franchise-qb/

GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Marcus Mariota: "I'd play my heart out for the Jets." Empty Re: Marcus Mariota: "I'd play my heart out for the Jets."

Post by GratefulJet Sun 23 Nov 2014 - 19:16

The Jets will have to play some bad football to get a shot at him.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Marcus Mariota: "I'd play my heart out for the Jets." Empty Re: Marcus Mariota: "I'd play my heart out for the Jets."

Post by Superman55 Sun 23 Nov 2014 - 20:43

GratefulJet wrote:The Jets will have to play some bad football to get a shot at him.

...have you watched us this season?
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sun 23 Nov 2014 - 21:05

Superman55 wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:The Jets will have to play a lot more bad football to get a shot at him.

Ok, fixed it. Very Happy
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 23 Nov 2014 - 21:10

GratefulJet wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:The Jets will have to play a lot more bad football to get a shot at him.

Ok, fixed it.  Very Happy

Pst, I don't know if you saw the Phins and Vikings play today, but we have 2 games vs the Phins, a game against the Pats, a game at the Vikings, and this game against the Bills...I know Cy predicted we'd win 3 of these games, but after watching these teams play today...I wouldn't circle one as a gimme win...maybe at the Titans, but its folly to think a road NFL will be easy. Im not sold on after 2-8 we're winning 5 in a row like mighty Joe for the Jets site that pays him...
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sun 23 Nov 2014 - 22:31

After watching the Flippers today, I don't see anyway we could even split with them. I was hoping for a split with Buffalo, a split with the Flipper's and victories over the Vikes & Titans to get us to 5-11.
    It's beginning to look like 4-12.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 23 Nov 2014 - 22:36

cysporsche wrote:After watching the Flippers today, I don't see anyway we could even split with them. I was hoping for a split with Buffalo, a split with the Flipper's and victories over the Vikes & Titans to get us to 5-11.

Go Jets...Cyborg

at the Titans and Mettenberger vs our secondary is going to be very interesting. I think the Bills, @Titans, and @Vikes are 50-50. We could win them, I wouldn't expect it.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 7:04

cysporsche wrote:After watching the Flippers today, I don't see anyway we could even split with them. I was hoping for a split with Buffalo, a split with the Flipper's and victories over the Vikes & Titans to get us to 5-11.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Yeah, I watched that game. I think their WRs will work our secondary pretty good. I think we can stifle the Miami running game, so will depend on how well Tannehill can evade our front 7 and complete passes, but he has enough weapons to put up 25-30 points on us no problem. Offensively, we should struggle against the Phish, although I think we can run it. CJ Anderson gashed them over and over in the 2nd half, but some of that might have been the altitude getting to the Miami D. They'll have to make up for the loss of Jamar Taylor in their secondary.

The game @Tenn is probably our most winnable remaining. That team has some talent, but has had some bad luck. Really depends on how fired up they are coming out of the locker room. Mettenberger is a statue back there, our front 7 should be able to get after him pretty good. The Bills will rally tonight after all they've been through, and while it won't be as lopsided as the first game, I expect them to beat us in a close one, with Watkins making a couple of big plays against our DBs. It could come down to the last possession. They've only been able to practice since Friday, so they could be a little rusty out of the gate, but they'll put it together as the game goes on. We need to get off to a fast start, and try to hold on.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 7:43

GratefulJet wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

Yeah, I watched that game. I think their WRs will work our secondary pretty good. I think we can stifle the Miami running game, so will depend on how well Tannehill can evade our front 7 and complete passes, but he has enough weapons to put up 25-30 points on us no problem. Offensively, we should struggle against the Phish, although I think we can run it. CJ Anderson gashed them over and over in the 2nd half, but some of that might have been the altitude getting to the Miami D. They'll have to make up for the loss of Jamar Taylor in their secondary.

The game @Tenn is probably our most winnable remaining. That team has some talent, but has had some bad luck. Really depends on how fired up they are coming out of the locker room. Mettenberger is a statue back there, our front 7 should be able to get after him pretty good.  The Bills will rally tonight after all they've been through, and while it won't be as lopsided as the first game, I expect them to beat us in a close one, with Watkins making a couple of big plays against our DBs. It could come down to the last possession. They've only been able to practice since Friday, so they could be a little rusty out of the gate, but they'll put it together as the game goes on. We need to get off to a fast start, and try to hold on.

Good analysis. I have the same concerns.

We head into tonight's game with over 2 weeks off, so there's a good chance we'll be rusty, then you have a short week heading into a big home game against Miami. If we get blown out at home vs the flippers, I can see a bad downward spiral to close the season. Jets need to knock Orton around tonight and shut down the return of FJax and play embarrassed about how the Jill's came to MetLife and kicked their ass with a retread QB looking like Aaron Rodgers.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 13:29

I would take 4-12. I'd prefer 3-13 or 2-14, at this point.

If you don't go 8-8, which they won't, what's the point of ruining the draft pick?
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 13:48

SackExchange wrote:I would take 4-12. I'd prefer 3-13 or 2-14, at this point.

If you don't go 8-8, which they won't, what's the point of ruining the draft pick?

Thank you, Sack. Cheers

Look, during the game, I'm rooting my heart out for the jets. During the steelers game, I was so impressed by these CBs off the street, and Sheldon's tackles for a loss on 3rd and 1, and our offense in teh first half looking like an offense (didn't like going into a shell the second half, but who cares, we won).

But as soon as the game was over, I was like, WTF. Oakland won, Tampa won, and it didn't matter...because we won...

Look, I'm not pretending Mariota is Luck...he isn't, which is another reason I'd like him to be there when we draft and not have to move up for him...but as Nick has said on every thread since he joined the forums, if you're not trying to land your franchise QB, you're not trying to build a perennial winner (what I think we all want).

When the Bills kick-off, I'll be rooting for us to kick the Bills @ss...but if we do, I'll wonder what good came of that other than 3 hours of happiness? It may lead to Rex staying, Vick being out QB next year, and an 8-8 season next year with a 37 year old QB...i dont want that.

Give me all new coaches, a new young QB, and Idzik a fair chance to evaluate his players with his coaches...2-14 helps that happen, not 8-8 where Woody may get involved and make Rex stay...again.

Its time for change, and wins prevent that...
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 21:00

GratefulJet wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

I think they heard you and are on their way.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 10:50

Superman55 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:I would take 4-12. I'd prefer 3-13 or 2-14, at this point.

Thank you, Sack.  Cheers

Look, during the game, I'm rooting my heart out for the jets.  During the steelers game, I was so impressed by these CBs off the street, and Sheldon's tackles for a loss on 3rd and 1, and our offense in teh first half looking like an offense (didn't like going into a shell the second half, but who cares, we won).

But as soon as the game was over, I was like, WTF.  Oakland won, Tampa won, and it didn't matter...because we won...

Look, I'm not pretending Mariota is Luck...he isn't, which is another reason I'd like him to be there when we draft and not have to move up for him...but as Nick has said on every thread since he joined the forums, if you're not trying to land your franchise QB, you're not trying to build a perennial winner (what I think we all want).

When the Bills kick-off, I'll be rooting for us to kick the Bills @ss...but if we do, I'll wonder what good came of that other than 3 hours of happiness?  It may lead to Rex staying, Vick being out QB next year, and an 8-8 season next year with a 37 year old QB...i dont want that.

Give me all new coaches, a new young QB, and Idzik a fair chance to evaluate his players with his coaches...2-14 helps that happen, not 8-8 where Woody may get involved and make Rex stay...again.

Its time for change, and wins prevent that...

all well and good.....just be careful you're not forcing the pick just to force the pick. I personally see Mariota as a gimmick offense QB who will take considerable re-training to be an NFL QB.

That said, we are once again at the useless part of the draft prognostication process. It's way too early to know how the scouts will grade out these college kids. Not a damn one screams franchise QB.......so get the best player and draft a QB later.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 12:12

I don't see Mariota as a system QB. To me, he's clearly the best guy this year. He has a similar size to some pocket passers, and the speed of scramblers.

Now, he will need to be coached up with some of his reads. This staff didn't coach up either Sanchez or Geno, so I have no confidence in them coaching up Mariota. But I don't see how a team with a gaping hole at QB and a shot to get him would pass on him.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 13:28

SackExchange wrote:This staff didn't coach up either Sanchez or Geno, so I have no confidence in them coaching up Mariota.

This staff won't be allowed within a 10 mile radius of Florham Park by the time the next draft class gets here
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 13:32

Sarge wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:This staff didn't coach up either Sanchez or Geno, so I have no confidence in them coaching up Mariota.

This staff won't be allowed within a 10 mile radius of Florham Park by the time the next draft class gets here

It still scares me Bradway's staff will be picking our players 1 more year (I am assuming it will only be 1 more year, I was shocked he wasn't released after the last draft).
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 15:22

Superman55 wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

Pst, I don't know if you saw the Phins and Vikings play today, but we have 2 games vs the Phins, a game against the Pats, a game at the Vikings, and this game against the Bills...I know Cy predicted we'd win 3 of these games, but after watching these teams play today...I wouldn't circle one as a gimme win...maybe at the Titans, but its folly to think a road NFL will be easy.  Im not sold on after 2-8 we're winning 5 in a row like mighty Joe for the Jets site that pays him...

Oh geez.......... first off, TOJ is not affiliated with the Jets. Secondly, he threw out a SCENARIO, not a PREDICTION No .
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Fri 28 Nov 2014 - 10:19

As long as Geno is playing QB, this team won't win anymore matches.
    I just get the feeling the offense just didn't want to make a change at the position wanting to leave Vick in there.
    IMHO, it really doesn't make that much of a difference, but Vick does give the team a slight "smear" of hope to win the game unlike Geno. It wasn't as if the Jets "O" was making any spectacular plays with Vick but atleast they moved the ball slightly.

The Jets and I have said this ever since Geno began to showcase his true colours, MUST DRAFT MARCUS MARIOTA at all cost. The Jags most likely will be selecting 1st overall and will not draft a QB. now this all depends on who is #2 overall. At this point it's Oakland. They wont think twice about snagging Mariotta from our hands. (Whom ever thinks they're content with Carr isn't including the fact that the Raiders also will be run by a new coaching regime who wants to draft their own QB.)

The Jets will have more than $50 million under the cap. They can use that to resign and sign free agents to fill the much needed holes on the team. Hence trading away picks in order to move up to get Marcus is extremely feasible as long as the Jags maintain the 1st over all pick.

The issue now until April/Mays draft is what team will offer Jacksonville the appropriate ransom to be privileged to select Marcus Mariota. So far the teams will include, Tennessee, Oakland, Washington, Tampa bay. With the wild card teams that are in the playoff hunt being, The Bills, The Bears, The Rams and the Houston Texans.

The best scenario for the Jets is to continue to falter and not have anymore fools gold wins, especially from Geno Smith, we and the Jets locker room know exactly what he brings.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 28 Nov 2014 - 22:27

football51 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

Pst, I don't know if you saw the Phins and Vikings play today, but we have 2 games vs the Phins, a game against the Pats, a game at the Vikings, and this game against the Bills...I know Cy predicted we'd win 3 of these games, but after watching these teams play today...I wouldn't circle one as a gimme win...maybe at the Titans, but its folly to think a road NFL will be easy.  Im not sold on after 2-8 we're winning 5 in a row like mighty Joe for the Jets site that pays him...

Oh geez.......... first off, TOJ is not affiliated  with the Jets. Secondly, he threw out a SCENARIO, not a PREDICTION No .

I could throw out a scenario where I'm the president of the United States at the end, but would you read said scenario or feel its a waste of your time because you know Superman55 will never be president?

His play-off scenario he draws up for the end of this year will be just as interesting a read...aka waste of time...

Still feel he;'s a fanboy, even after his childish rant after this week's game...

I know you like his opinions, which last year at this time was around rex;'s greatness and this year is all his fault and meaning nothing he ssaid last December was valid, right?

Interesting notion on this everything wrong with the Jets is Rex Ryan...

If the Jets were 9-3, would we be giving all the credit to Rex Ryan for the state of the team?  But if the Jets are 2-9, it's all his fault.  Something doesn't add up with these two scenarios...
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 29 Nov 2014 - 10:24

It wasn't a playoff scenario. Fans asked him if he could see any way that Rex could keep his job after the Steelers win. He said that Woody loves Rex, and that if we could beat the Bills, Dolphins, Vikings, and Titans, he thought that Rex could convince Woody to give him another year. He made it clear that he didn't want to see that, nor did he believe it would happen. All he did was try to answer a fan's question.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sat 29 Nov 2014 - 16:05

I just feel Mariota has the "IT" factor where he has a low profile but has a tremendous skill set within him to take over a game.

GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sun 30 Nov 2014 - 1:28

Mariota certainly made it look easy tonight vs. Oregon State. Let's see how he handles Arizona next. They at least pretend to play defense.
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Sun 30 Nov 2014 - 11:19

GratefulJet wrote:Mariota certainly made it look easy tonight vs. Oregon State. Let's see how he handles Arizona next. They at least pretend to play defense.

UOA (Un of AZ) beat them the last two times they played them... I expect the same results becayse they can run the ball and play decent defense...
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sat 6 Dec 2014 - 12:12

Mariota displayed one of his best games last night vs Arizona. Just stellar.
    Oregon vs Arizona PAC-12Championship

I honestly can't wait until Mariota faces Alabama in the BCS title game. IMHO, Saban always showcases a pro style defense that gives any young QB fits. Marcus will have his hands full going up against an elite team such as the Crimson Tide.

I strongly feel that game will elevate Mariota to a #1 overall candidate and will have many NFL teams vying to trade up with any team that has that pick and feels they already have a young QB at the helm, ala Oakland Raiders.
    (though if Harbaugh becomes head coach with the Raiders, there is no way he relinquishes that top spot for any trade)

We must root hard for Oakland, Tennessee and Tampa to start winning folks. Only way we can 100% absolutley snatch Marcus from any one's fingertips is to land the #1 overall draft pick.

JUST LOSE BABY!! Addition by subtraction

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024 - 4:10