Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+11
Old#15
jamesfyo123
soj
NYJETSDAN16
football51
cysporsche
The Wicker Man
GratefulJet
hobson54
Sarge
Superman55
15 posters

Miami at Jets, Monday, December 1, 2014

NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Miami at Jets, Monday, December 1, 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: Miami at Jets, Monday, December 1, 2014

Post by NickSINYC Mon 1 Dec 2014 - 23:25

The Wicker Man wrote:Next week we better see Simms, Pantale, IK, etc.
    I hope so but if Rex does not get fired tomorrow I would not count on it
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Miami at Jets, Monday, December 1, 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: Miami at Jets, Monday, December 1, 2014

Post by Old#15 Mon 1 Dec 2014 - 23:32

If that game isn't an indictment of Ryan's head coaching ability, I don't know what is. No adjustments no nothing after halftime. It's like Ryan kicks back and has a beer and a sandwich for the 15 minute break. And as much as I can't stand Gruden he was dead right about us ignoring that we have Decker 1v1 all night with a CB who is 3 weeks off the street. Can't blame Idzik for that. `
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Mon 1 Dec 2014 - 23:33

We need to get a coach with a modern offense and experience working with QBs - Pep Hamilton, Darrell Bevell, Adam Gase......Kevin Sumlin maybe....Greg Roman, maybe.......Gus Malzahn, Jimbo Fisher, Bib Stoops, hell Gary Kubiak, Hue Jackson, Rob Chudzunski, Brian Billick......Bobby Petrino, the ghost of Don Coryell, Mouse Davis, Ara Parseghean, Grant Taeff, Sid Luckman, Sid Ceaser, SOMEBODY
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Mon 1 Dec 2014 - 23:34

Sarge wrote:We need to get a coach with a modern offense and experience working with QBs - Pep Hamilton, Darrell Bevell, Adam Gase......Kevin Sumlin maybe....Greg Roman, maybe.......Gus Malzahn, Jimbo Fisher, Bib Stoops, hell Gary Kubiak, Hue Jackson, Rob Chudzunski, Brian Billick......Bobby Petrino, the ghost of Don Coryell, Mouse Davis, Ara Parseghean, Grant Taeff, Sid Luckman, Sid Ceaser, SOMEBODY

Sid Ceasar cheers
    jamesfyo123
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

Post by jamesfyo123 Mon 1 Dec 2014 - 23:37

Superman55 wrote:It's like Rex said, "I have to play Geno?  Watch this..."
    "Screw you Idz. I'm not gonna throw with the QB you drafted to the WRs you acquired, but I am gonna rush for 210 yards in the first half with the RBs you acquired and still the WRs you got behind the LG you drafted in the 5th (6th?) round."
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Mon 1 Dec 2014 - 23:41

Sarge wrote:We need to get a coach with a modern offense and experience working with QBs - Pep Hamilton, Darrell Bevell, Adam Gase......Kevin Sumlin maybe....Greg Roman, maybe.......Gus Malzahn, Jimbo Fisher, Bib Stoops, hell Gary Kubiak, Hue Jackson, Rob Chudzunski, Brian Billick......Bobby Petrino, the ghost of Don Coryell, Mouse Davis, Ara Parseghean, Grant Taeff, Sid Luckman, Sid Ceaser, SOMEBODY
    Rex is a clown but Sid Ceaser gets the comedy edge. As bad as he is Rex probably edges Sid out on coaching ability.   jocolor
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Mon 1 Dec 2014 - 23:45

- 55, you're right Oday is a keeper,
    - I hope IK plays big minutes the rest of the year,
    - Pantale should be the #2 TE behind Amaro with Sudfeld the #3,
    - #22 Williams has a chance to be ok,
    - Glad Wilson didn't see the field, or at least I never saw him,
    - We need to draft a top tier LT this year,
    - Rex has made Geno worse,
    - Even Gruden hit the nail on the head with a comment about dropping your impact pass rusher (#91) into coverage.

Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Mon 1 Dec 2014 - 23:52

Oh, and the new special teams coach from LSU is awful, he needs to be fired tomorrow just on general principle
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 0:06

Only the 2014 Jets lose that game.

At no point did I feel we would win. I just knew they'd screw it up. It's who this team is this year. They either get their asses kicked, or blow a game they should've won.

This might be the most painful season I've witnessed as a Jets fan in 20 years. It's like a sick joke.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 0:08

Blindsidebrick wrote:Only the 2014 Jets lose that game.

At no point did I feel we would win. I just knew they'd screw it up. It's who this team is this year. They either get their asses kicked, or blow a game they should've won.

This might be the most painful season I've witnessed as a Jets fan in 20 years. It's like a sick joke.

18 years Worst team in 18 years, IMO. 1996
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 6:34

Was last night a preseason or regular season game,because last night looked more like preseason quality play from both teams.
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 7:07

Superman55 wrote:
    Blindsidebrick wrote:Only the 2014 Jets lose that game.

18 years  Worst team in 18 years, IMO.  1996
    Yup, should make for an interesting off-season. New coaches, new QBs(hopefully 3), new GM? We'll have a lot to talk about.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 7:36

Amani Toomer on Sirius says what you saw last night is a GM and coach fighting for their jobs and not being on the same page.

He pointed out Idzik made Rex play his guys - Geno, Pryor, IK, Etc...so Rex said then I'm going play them my way, ground and pound and rely on my defense.

I do believe that's what's happening.

No matter which corner you're in, and I don't like either guy right now, but GMs and owners should have no say in playing time or who starts.

Game plans are made to attack teams certain ways. When you can't use the players you want to execute your gameplan, because the GM and owner are telling you who to play, no decent coach will come here.

When Harbough hears this, or anyone else that is a legit coach (guys, Rex is respected around the league and no one in the NFL looks as this roster with two undrafted players at CB and feels Rex got a fair shake this season), that Idzik told Ryan who to play, they won't come here. Even if he does, you're looking at a Shanahan in Washington scenario.

This organization is a mess, top down.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 8:41

Time for them all to go, fellas, this isn't how winning organizations do things, via coach or GM:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/12/02/lichtenstein-jets-prehistoric-offense-brings-brass-geno-one-step-closer-to-extinction/

And make no mistake, you needn’t be an insider to figure out that this was Idzik’s call. Vick has one bad game against the Bills — a game that the entire team failed to show up for — and that’s all she wrote? While Smith has received more chances than Steve Howe over the past two seasons?
    Well, to show Idzik who is boss, Ryan took the ball out of Smith’s hands.
    “So you want to see what Geno can do? OK, watch him hand off 45 times.”

Dysfunction, anyone?
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 9:19

Clearly dysfunctional, but isn't it the right play to put your young guys out there to see what you have? Playing Vick, Landry, Colon, Pace does nothing for next year, except maybe a lower draft pick. Last night showed exactly why Ryan should not be a head coach, immature, stubborn and not very bright. He has no big picture in his vocabulary, and is doomed to be a DC.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 9:20

pretty pathetic game plan in the 2nd half. while the running game was working in the 1st half, the phins were obviously keying on the run after the half.

if this was Rex's way of saying F.U to Idzik for making him playing Geno, then Rex should be shown the door today (and I say this as a long-time Rex fan). the reason the team should be playing Geno now is to see if he has any future with the franchise. allowing him to only throw 13 passes is not evaluating him. granted the o-line was awful and couldn't protect him. but it was just pathetic.

I never root for the Jets to lose, and always want them to beat Miami (and NE), moreso when beating Miami would hurt their playoff chances. but i guess I can take consolation that their draft position improves.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 9:28

So, was Ryan forced to play Smith by Idzik? This article seems to say no, but let's not let the facts get in the way of a good 'circus' storyline.

http://nypost.com/2014/11/28/rex-turned-to-geno-smith-to-help-2015-knowing-he-may-be-fired/
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 9:32

hobson54 wrote:pretty pathetic game plan in the 2nd half.  while the running game was working in the 1st half, the phins were obviously keying on the run after the half.

if this was Rex's way of saying F.U to Idzik for making him playing Geno, then Rex should be shown the door today (and I say this as a long-time Rex fan).  the reason the team should be playing Geno now is to see if he has any future with the franchise.  allowing him to only throw 13 passes is not evaluating him.  granted the o-line was awful and couldn't protect him.  but it was just pathetic.

I never root for the Jets to lose, and always want them to beat Miami (and NE), moreso when beating Miami would hurt their playoff chances.  but i guess I can take consolation that their draft position improves.

With the way we were running the ball in the first half, why didn't we see more play action? We only threw the ball when we absolutely had to, thus exposing Smith to an onslaught that our OL couldn't handle.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 9:42

Old#15 wrote:So, was Ryan forced to play Smith by Idzik?  This article seems to say no, but let's not let the facts get in the way of a good 'circus' storyline.

http://nypost.com/2014/11/28/rex-turned-to-geno-smith-to-help-2015-knowing-he-may-be-fired/

We didnt try a single redzone pass last night, no playaction, misdirection, nothing...not sure if you watched the game...but Rex never let Geno have a chance...

Im not saying that as a supporter of Geno, Im saying that to be honest.  Geno never had a rhythm, or chance to get in some kind of semblance of an offense.

Rex tried to win the game last night without a QB.  He wanted to prove he could win without needing a QB.

Hence, going into 2 minutes before half and having called 4 pass plays total...we only called 6 the entire first half.

The game plan was, only allow the QB to0 take the snap, that's not developing Geno to see if he can be an NFL QB, that is exactly what I said, trying to win w/o a QB.

Say what you want about circus, but if playing games in the NFL today without throwing a pass isnt a circus atmosphere, I dont know what is.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 10:08

I don't disagree with a word you are saying. The circus comment was directed more at the media's view of the Jets and Rex's starring role. With the way we were running the ball, Rex and Marty had a great opportunity to let Geno throw the ball without the Dolphins expecting it. Instead, they chose to let him throw when we absolutely had to and everyone in the house knew it. Smith didn't have a chance with those two clowns running the show.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 11:11

A sign that things are really bad with this team?

I was upset for about five minutes after the game. Then, it just didn't matter anymore.

I cannot remember the last time I was so apathetic towards losing. Probably '96. The good news is, I won't have the Jets steering me off course from Holiday cheer!

Draft day 2015.... Tick, tock.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 11:36

before we pee ourselves in joy over Aboushi..........so far he's been half a Guard.......run blocking.........pretty much the same skillset Winters brought. In terms of pass protection, the OL sucks....so I'm not claiming success just yet.

Quite frankly, the young man should be considered depth next year and they need to add a FA and draft choice (somewhere in Rds 1-3)to start.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 11:39

Blindsidebrick wrote:A sign that things are really bad with this team?

I was upset for about five minutes after the game. Then, it just didn't matter anymore.

I cannot remember the last time I was so apathetic towards losing. Probably '96. The good news is, I won't have the Jets steering me off course from Holiday cheer!

Draft day 2015.... Tick, tock.

It comes early for us this year as we will probably see at least a coaching change, and with it our imaginations will run wild with various free agency and draft scenarios suitable for the messiah coach! santa
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 11:40

Superman55 wrote:
    Sarge wrote:If Salas is healthy next year, and stays healthy, he could be a nice part of Mariotta's WR corps Very Happy

You think there's any chance he gets by Tampa?  Sad

The only way we get him is if we leap fog over Tampa with a trade. Unless they're head over heals with Winston. That's why i was hoping Jax remained with the #1 selection overall. Now the off season will be all about try to sweeten the deal with Oakland.

UNLESS Oakland trades its 1st round pick to San Fran to acquire the servies of Jim Harbaugh, then we could possibly trade with them to draft #MARIOTA.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 11:43

Seaver wrote:before we pee ourselves in joy over Aboushi..........so far he's been half a Guard.......run blocking.........pretty much the same skillset Winters brought.  In terms of pass protection, the OL sucks....so I'm not claiming success just yet.

Quite frankly, the young man should be considered depth next year and they need to add a FA and draft choice (somewhere in Rds 1-3)to start.

I respectfully disagree, as Oday has been very solid all-around and should be a starter next year. If anything Colon should be replaced with a free agent, draftee or Dozier/Winters next year. I think a lot of the problems on the OL can be tied to the scatterbrained offensive approach and poor coaching.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 9 May 2024 - 13:02