Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+16
SackExchange
hobson54
Old#15
Sarge
GratefulJet
danfran
NCgreen12
LIJETFAN
soj
Blindsidebrick
McJet
Metjetgal
The Wicker Man
jamesfyo123
NickSINYC
Superman55
20 posters

Jets at Bills in Detroit Monday, November 24, 2014

Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Jets at Bills in Detroit Monday, November 24, 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: Jets at Bills in Detroit Monday, November 24, 2014

Post by Blindsidebrick Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 0:01

Once again, a Rex Ryan team gets blown out of the water. I'm tired of seeing this team get obliterated. It's time to fire Rex now. Thurman should be interim coach for the rest of the year.

What an embarrassment. A joke of an effort tonight. Smoked by a .500 team. Enough already!
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Jets at Bills in Detroit Monday, November 24, 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: Jets at Bills in Detroit Monday, November 24, 2014

Post by Superman55 Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 0:09

Blindsidebrick wrote:Once again, a Rex Ryan team gets blown out of the water. I'm tired of seeing this team get obliterated. It's time to fire Rex now. Thurman should be interim coach for the rest of the year.

What an embarrassment. A joke of an effort tonight. Smoked by a .500 team. Enough already!

Any reason you prefer Thurman over Marty?
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 0:27

I would consider giving Rex the boot now, sitting some of the key young guys, activating Simms to see what is there, and just let it come to a brutal conclusion.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 0:28

Time to start Pryor over Landry
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 0:31

SackExchange wrote:I would consider giving Rex the boot now, sitting some of the key young guys, activating Simms to see what is there, and just let it come to a brutal conclusion.
    good plan
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 0:31

Superman55 wrote:Time to start Pryor over Landry
    agreed
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 0:39

What is it worth playing Vick at this point? There is nothing to salvage this year, and he's not the future. Based on tonight, he's not even the present.

If you want to move on from Geno, fine. I'm on board. But at least look at Simms.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 0:41

“I’ve never lost nine games,” Richardson said. “That’s not me at all. I didn’t get drafted to lose games, period. If it don’t hurt nobody like it hurts me, then they shouldn’t be on the team with me. … I really play with everything I got.”
    Richardson is part of a defensive line that is usually the one thing the Jets can point to as a strength, but even that unit did not have a good game as Bills quarterback Kyle Orton was barely touched.
    “It’s the best preparation we had coming into a game,” Richardson said. “That’s the best we got. It’s been a long season. I don’t know what we’re playing for, but I don’t want this organization broke up in no kind of way. I know that’s the next question you all are going to lead with. That’s what happens when you have seasons like this, they clean house. I don’t want it. I play for a lot more. All I am is a number and a name on my jersey. I play with my heart. I don’t take L’s like this, especially to the Buffalo Bills.”

http://nypost.com/2014/11/25/teary-eyed-sheldon-richardson-didnt-get-drafted-to-lose-games/
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 0:43

I need to get up at 5am and cook bacon for my daughter's kindergarten breakfast. I'm going to bed, fellas. That will make me forget about this damn game. Smile Happy holidays to everyone traveling...or cooking... Wink
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 1:33

Superman55 wrote:
    Blindsidebrick wrote:Once again, a Rex Ryan team gets blown out of the water. I'm tired of seeing this team get obliterated. It's time to fire Rex now. Thurman should be interim coach for the rest of the year.

I've soured on Marty. I liked bringing him in originally, but he's got too much to work with for those results.

I just threw Thurman out there because he's the next in line.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 6:45

Blindsidebrick wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

I've soured on Marty. I liked bringing him in originally, but he's got too much to work with for those results.

I just threw Thurman out there because he's the next in line.

I only prefer Marty because from an organized standpoint, I would expect he knows what he needs to do to prepare, not that he had great results, I'll give you that.
    Hunter07
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by Hunter07 Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 8:08

Has to be a tough loss, ... IMHO the Jets aren't going anywhere until they change things in the front office, where ALL teams are put together, with NO exceptions - good or bad.  
    Truth is the Bills are a better team than they're given credit for - a good defense & bringing in Orton might just "put them in the hunt" ...
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 8:16

Hunter07 wrote:Has to be a tough loss, ... IMHO the Jets aren't going anywhere until they change things in the front office, where ALL teams are put together, with NO exceptions - good or bad.  
    Truth is the Bills are a better team than they're given credit for - a good defense & bringing in Orton might just "put them in the hunt" ...

Sirius this Am says Rex is gone...but people in the NFL know he was given and unfair shake going into the season by this talent deficient roster.  Those within the NFL feel Idzik is the problem, but truth is, Idzik is a 2nd year player at this and there are zero excuses for a team being unprepared to play.  

Everyone in the jets organization should be scared for their job, but only the coaching staff and scouting department should lose their jobs, IMO.

Interesting report this AM is that Atlanta plans to talk to Rex about replacing Mike Smith after the season if Rex is let go.  He is going to be a hot commodity when let go...but so were Herm and Mangini...
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 8:28

Idzik may not have created the best team for Rex. But Rex has done nothing with that team. Nothing.

Idzik should not get the blame for Rex's failings, just as Rex should not get the blame for Idzik's. Even with the questions at CB and QB, is this team really built so badly that the best Rex can get out of them is 3-38 vs. the Bills?
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 8:29

Superman55 wrote:
    Hunter07 wrote:Has to be a tough loss, ... IMHO the Jets aren't going anywhere until they change things in the front office, where ALL teams are put together, with NO exceptions - good or bad.  

Sirius this Am says Rex is gone...but people in the NFL know he was given and unfair shake going into the season by this talent deficient roster.  Those within the NFL feel Idzik is the problem, but truth is, Idzik is a 2nd year player at this and there are zero excuses for a team being unprepared to play.  

Everyone in the jets organization should be scared for their job, but only the coaching staff and scouting department should lose their jobs, IMO.

Interesting report this AM is that Atlanta plans to talk to Rex about replacing Mike Smith after the season if Rex is let go.  He is going to be a hot commodity when let go...but so were Herm and Mangini...
    Atlanta is not a bad fit for Rex.
    Metjetgal
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Metjetgal Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 9:06

Rex is a goner, Idzik should be too. You want that boob picking with our top 3 pick? I wish Rex the best, like the guy, but he's done here. We need Cbs, and oline, a qb, and wr's. Not willing to wait for Idzik's 10 yr plan. Woody better get on the line and get a QUALIFIED NFL guy here asap.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 9:30

Is it just me, or did it look like the whole team quit on Rex last night ? I just hope our next HC has a brain, Rex looks like a deer in the headlights on the sidelines. The Jets have been regressing under Rex, time for a change.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 9:37

Superman55 wrote:

while Idzik certainly is culpable for the atrocious season, Rex does not get a pass. and I say that as a long time Rex fan and defender.

as to the Atlanta rumor, it wouldn't be completely crazy to see Rex and Smith effectively "traded" for each other. both are good coach imo, but both may need a change of scenery.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 9:40

Can we get Julio Jones instead if we trade Rex to Atlanta?
    LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by LIJETFAN Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 9:46

This team quit last night. But again this is a collective failure. It's not just Rex. It's the entire organization. Teams aren't this bad in the NFL unless the organization is a complete mess. This franchise needs to be rebuilt. There are a core set of players on defense that you can build with on the D-Line and at LB. And there are a few veterans on offense. There a pair of recent draft picks that might turn into serviceable NFL players in Pryor and Amaro. And Folk is a keeper. Other than that, this team is rebuilding.

This is the worst Jet team I have seen since Kotite was here. And that is saying something. The Jets may pull our another win or two here or there just by pure happenstance. But this is a 2-9 football team, and probably in my opinion, among the three worst teams in the entire league.
    LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by LIJETFAN Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 9:50

hobson54 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

while Idzik certainly is culpable for the atrocious season, Rex does not get a pass.  and I say that as a long time Rex fan and defender.

as to the Atlanta rumor, it wouldn't be completely crazy to see Rex and Smith effectively "traded" for each other.  both are good coach imo, but both may need a change of scenery.

Mike Smith would never cut it here. He's a decent coach. But honestly, do you really want another "decent" coach, or do you want a coach that knows how to get a team to a championship and has a proven track record? All Smith has proven is that his teams come up short. Sorry, but I've heard that song with the Jets about 1000 times before.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 10:24

IMO...what it looked like last night was the defense eventually quit (wore down?)on the OL/QB play. The OL was atrocious - from left to right. Vick was a nightmare -showing all his warts in one night. He took a tremendous amount of sacks before becoming a Jet with his god awful scrambling and he can't throw on the run. He's not a good NFL QB. The OL simply blows. The whole right side was a swinging gate.

No sense in firing one coach in season to promote another - just who on that staff deserves a shot? I'm not seeing it. Fire the whole damn group on black Monday.....and the GM.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 12:16

I want no part of Mike Smith as HC. No way does he get the best out of this team.

Plus, if one of the critiques of Rex was his gameday management skills, Smith may actually be worse on Sundays.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 12:18

SackExchange wrote:I want no part of Mike Smith as HC. No way does he get the best out of this team.

Plus, if one of the critiques of Rex was his gameday management skills, Smith may actually be worse on Sundays.

Probably a good chance it is Roman; but in all honestly, I've never been a Kaepernick fan, who still is horribly inaccurate and cant read defenses...

I'd like to have Hamilton.
    LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by LIJETFAN Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 13:15

Right now, I think all bets are off relative to the next coach, because it depends on who the GM is. If Idzik is fired, then we might be looking at a Coach/GM type. Or, if we hire a proven GM, it will depend on his background. If Idzik stays, (Serenity now!) then we are back to the usual suspects. Although I not convinced any coach worth his salt is going to want to come here with a GM under fire. So, we are probably in the second tier of candidates, whoever that may be.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 9 May 2024 - 11:29