Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+14
JohnnyBaseball
Atljet60
cysporsche
Blindsidebrick
NYJETSDAN16
Lakerfan1980
Sarge
GratefulJet
jetkwondo
soj
NickSINYC
football51
SackExchange
MachinaVerde
18 posters

Week 1 : Raiders at Jets 1PM EST

NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Week 1 : Raiders at Jets 1PM EST - Page 7 Empty Re: Week 1 : Raiders at Jets 1PM EST

Post by NickSINYC Sun 7 Sep 2014 - 16:00

1-0 it wasn't perfect but a great start to the year
    Lakerfan1980
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Week 1 : Raiders at Jets 1PM EST - Page 7 Empty Re: Week 1 : Raiders at Jets 1PM EST

Post by Lakerfan1980 Sun 7 Sep 2014 - 16:00

A win is a win is a win....for a moment I was actually thinking we could keep them under a 100 total yards before the big penalties started.
    Lakerfan1980
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by Lakerfan1980 Sun 7 Sep 2014 - 16:01

Now I can relax and enjoy the late games.
    JohnnyBaseball
    JohnnyBaseball
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by JohnnyBaseball Sun 7 Sep 2014 - 16:02

A nice way to kick off our new board! I think this could be a significantly better offense than we're used to seeing, which will help the defense a lot.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Sun 7 Sep 2014 - 16:10

Penalties were horrible today, but a few were garbage penalties. That offensive PI on Decker was tick tack and wiped out that drive. Garbage flag. I counted about three total that were bad against the Jets.

CB play was outstanding other than Walls on the TD late. Both he and Allen played well, albeit against Derek "deer in the headlights rookie" Carr. Our defense and 12th man crowd rattled Carr.

Geno played well overall. The pick was a nice jump by the defender. Not a great throw, but not the worst throw either. WR's looked good. Great ball distribution. The two dreaded monster attack is gonna be huge for us this year..
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sun 7 Sep 2014 - 16:16

We won, we did a lot of good things, no one got hurt, and we didn't play anywhere near our best game
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Sun 7 Sep 2014 - 16:22

I wasn't please with the penalties and hope Rex gets the team to clean them up. I saw an O that was light years ahead of last year. Geno made a few mistakes but over played much better and looks like he step up and can be a good QB. D was good except I thought they played a little to conservatively on the TB... Walls and Allen played well and walls has decent coverage the guy made a HELL OF A CATCH SO... On to the packers... Did Mia beat NE?
    Atljet60
    Atljet60
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by Atljet60 Sun 7 Sep 2014 - 16:24

Let's hope to build off this win and let it carry into next week.
    Hunter07
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by Hunter07 Sun 7 Sep 2014 - 16:31

Congrats on the win - didn't see it, but nice job anyway ...
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sun 7 Sep 2014 - 16:40

 Retweeted by Joe Caporoso

Rich MacLeod @richmacleod · 38m

Geno Smith went 23-for-28 (82%) for 221 yards. 1 TD, 1 INT and a fumble. 8 rushes for 40 yards, too. #Jets

SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 7 Sep 2014 - 17:52

Solid way to start. A sloppy performance, with penalties and turnovers, but still a pretty convincing win. Geno was really good, although I expect the media to talk more about the pick and fumble than about his completion percentage. The secondary was not exploited the way many expected it to be, even if some of it was because of a rookie QB.

Steady, solid win.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Sun 7 Sep 2014 - 17:58

For all the paranoia about the Cb's and Idzik's supposed mishandling of it, I thought they played well. Coverage was tight, and tackling was very good. Allen, in particular.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sun 7 Sep 2014 - 18:02

Since we won, I will say this and it's not sour grapes

1 Geno was obviously down on the fumble
    2 Horrible OPI call on Decker
    3 Horrible roughing call on Pace
    4 Raiders late TD WAS INCOMPLETE, close but incomplete

We got every bad call in that game and every bounce went the Raiders way, MJD fumble, for example, and we still won
    Lakerfan1980
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by Lakerfan1980 Sun 7 Sep 2014 - 18:56

Allen played very good not getting beat deep and making every tackle. Great job of adjusting the defense and playing more zone.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sun 7 Sep 2014 - 19:29

SackExchange wrote:Simms and Nantz really have no idea what's going on. It looked like Ivory was signaling to Nelson, who was blocking downfield. He wasn't celebrating at the 35.

Nantz I expect it from. He's just a Pats guy who really knows nothing about football. But Simms should know better than that.

Chris Ivory on his early touchdown celebration: 'As soon as I did it, I knew I messed up'

I tried posting a link to the story on NJ dot com but looks like posters need to be here 7 day before they can
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Sun 7 Sep 2014 - 19:51

[quote="Sarge"]Since we won, I will say this and it's not sour grapes

1 Geno was obviously down on the fumble
    2 Horrible OPI call on Decker
    3 Horrible roughing call on Pace
    4 Raiders late TD WAS INCOMPLETE, close but incomplete

We got every bad call in that game and every bounce went the Raiders way, MJD fumble, for example, and we still won [/quote

The Refs were certainly watching the Jets today.

As Forest Gump would say "And that's all I've gotta say about that".
    McJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by McJet Sun 7 Sep 2014 - 20:23

One of the most positives i saw was in Rex presser after the game. He seemed mad and annoyed at the team for the penalties and turnovers. He's not going to be satisfied with just barely winning against an apparent inferior team.
    Corners didn't look too bad but it was a rookie and the Raiders.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 8 Sep 2014 - 0:02

OK, here is where that stupid ESPN-manufactured Total QBR is ridiculous. Geno was evidently 32.3 in that category, in a game where he was 23 for 28.

What a worthless stat that Total QBR is.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 8 Sep 2014 - 0:03

NickSINYC wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:Simms and Nantz really have no idea what's going on. It looked like Ivory was signaling to Nelson, who was blocking downfield. He wasn't celebrating at the 35.

Nantz I expect it from. He's just a Pats guy who really knows nothing about football. But Simms should know better than that.

Chris Ivory on his early touchdown celebration: 'As soon as I did it, I knew I messed up'

I tried posting a link to the story on NJ dot com but looks like posters need to be here 7 day before they can

Really? I would have sworn he was pointing to Nelson about downfield blocking.

Still, Nantz was moronic about Carr liking Rich Gannon growing up.
    MachinaVerde
    MachinaVerde
    Admin
    Admin

Post by MachinaVerde Mon 8 Sep 2014 - 9:42

some mistakes to clean up but I thought Geno did a great job.  Even the interception wasn't what I would call a glaring error.  He thought he could squeeze it in there but didn't and he knew it.  Kid looks freaking poised
    WilliesDad
    Honorary Test Pilot
    Honorary Test Pilot

Post by WilliesDad Mon 8 Sep 2014 - 10:02

McJet wrote:One of the most positives i saw was in Rex presser after the game. He seemed mad and annoyed at the team for the penalties and turnovers. He's not going to be satisfied with just barely winning against an apparent inferior team.
    Corners didn't look too bad but it was a rookie and the Raiders.

+1. You're right and, in hindsight, I think this will benefit us next week. In the past, sometimes, it seemed that after a win they would go in to the next game feeling cocky and that attitude bits them in the @^*. There will be none of that this time. I bet Rex and the coaches will be all over them and I expect them to play a lot better and crisper next week in Lambeau. They better, because GB is going to be pissed about being embarrassed on national TV.

So, all in all, I think it was good for us to win this way, as opposed to the expected blowout. I hope I'm right.
    LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by LIJETFAN Mon 8 Sep 2014 - 15:43

Hi All, first post on this Board. Great to be here.

Agree with everyone on the game yesterday. A win is a win, and we dominated in some respects. But there is a lot of room for improvement - turnovers and penalties. The Jets were undisciplined at times with the penalties. The real tests start next week. Yesterday was really just some preparation for the tough part of the schedule - the next 6 weeks. If the Jets can come away at 3-4 or 4-3 they are right in the mix. If they go 2-5 it will be very tough to make the playoffs.

Green Bay on the road will be a very tough test, especially because they just lost. They will be fired up. This week will be a good test to see how much the Jets have improved, win or lose.

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 17:10

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 17:37

Week 1 : Raiders at Jets 1PM EST - Page 7 MedxWKg4_normalBrian Costello [ltr]@BrianCoz[/ltr] · 2h
    [ltr]I realize the NFL does not want QBs getting hit in the head, but that seems like a hefty fine 4 what Pace did. He might win on appeal #nyj[/ltr]

Week 1 : Raiders at Jets 1PM EST - Page 7 MedxWKg4_normalBrian Costello [ltr]@BrianCoz[/ltr] · 2h
    [ltr]Even a QB agrees RT @RayLucas06: now that is some horse @#$%[/ltr]

SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 17:59

The harsh penalty must be because they're not engaged.

Too soon?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024 - 6:41