Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+6
NickSINYC
Superman55
DonMaynard
Blindsidebrick
Metjetgal
football51
10 posters

Jets set to resign Kerley

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Jets set to resign Kerley - Page 2 Empty Re: Jets set to resign Kerley

Post by football51 Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 19:32

The two year comparison sure looks close to me. Kerley played with qb's who are currently holding a clipboard and are tv announcers + Geno. Sanders played(and is playing now) with a future first ballot HOF qb. Disagree with a number of wr's you listed including Randle. Also, you list these wr's who play with HOF or pro Bowl caliber qb's, yet can't seem to understand that Kerley has been handicapped by his qb's(and playcallers......Sparano). Oh well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 22 Oct 2014 - 8:58

Cimini wrote yesterday that talks are ongoing with Wilkerson and a deal could be announced in the next couple weeks. He also believes Jets are in talks with Bilal Powell and David Harris on extensions.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Wed 22 Oct 2014 - 9:10

Hopefully Harris' deal will be more cap friendly this time.  He's great in the run game, but a liability when QBs decide to go his way. Bottom line with all of these guys (JK, Mo, Harris, Powell and Davis) is that they are very solid citizens and contributors. They should be kept, provided the price is reasonable.

Last edited by Old#15 on Wed 22 Oct 2014 - 9:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Wed 22 Oct 2014 - 10:44

Superman55 wrote:
    football51 wrote:Very Happy

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets  ·  24m 24 minutes ago
    Too busy complaing about Jalen Saunders being released RT @DrewfromJersey: Once again the #Jets beat zzzzzz

What part of this resigning makes wasting a 4th rd pick okay?  Seriously, the guy was cut 5 weeks into his rookie season.  

This does not negate the fact Idzik drafts poorly.  The fact he is forced to resign a Mike T player, and trade for others, because he drafts poorly, and his own picks do not develop, speaks volumes.

Sometimes I can't stand your boy, 51.  Too much of a homer.

This, resigning Kerley and trading for Harvin, are huge positives, let's leave it at that and not pretend it hides Idzik's shortcomings...it doesn't.  

Why doesn't Joe just come out and say, thank god Mike T drafted Kerley?

You know who pushed him to make that pick...Brian Shottenheimer.  Joe needs to calm down on patting himself and Idzik on the back for the credit Mike T and garbage Brian S deserve.  What's next, giving Idzik credit for drafting Mangold? Evil or Very Mad
    The guy is a bit too much of a homer. That counterbalances the negativity, but still, you don't have to love every move.

Then again, Caporoso also played at one of my college's conference rivals, so I may be a bit biased myself. Evil or Very Mad
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 22 Oct 2014 - 15:55

I think that Kerley gets underrated by a lot of fans. Personally, I don't get into the labels...... #1wr, #2 wr, slot wr, shutdown cb, feature back, franchise qb, etc. I think they're overly(and at times incorrectly) used. Kerley makes plays. I understand that there are many variables that go into comparing players' stats, but I think the comparison to Sanders shows just how valuable Kerley is. Sanders, in 2012, had Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown, and a healthy Heath Miller surrounding him. In 2013, Sanders had Brown again and a productive Cotchery. Also, he's got a HOF qb throwing him passes(just like he does now). Kerley was surrounded by Chaz Schilens, Clyde Gates, and Stephen Hill in 2012 (Holmes got injured) and had Sanchez and McElroy throwing him passes. In 2013, Kerley had a rookie qb, Holmes still not recovered from his foot injury, Hill, and Gates again. Whose drawing the coverage away from Kerley to make plays?

Is Julian Edelman a "#1 wr" ? Is he even a "#2 wr" ? He led the NFL in receptions in 2013 with 105 and was Brady's favorite target. If Kerley was a Patriot in 2013, you really couldn't see him duplicating that production in that offense with that HOF QB? I can. Edelman wasn't catching anywhere near that amount of passes on the 2012 or 2013 Jets. QB's and OC's make a difference. You put Kerley out there with Demaryius Thomas and Julius Thomas with Manning throwing the rock, and he'd be doing the same thing Sanders is doing this year(even though Sanders is faster, both make plays in their own way). Does anyone think that Harry Douglas would look as good with Mark Sanchez throwing him passes and Hill and Gates replacing White and Jones? This past sunday, that Bengals offense looked putrid without AJ Green. green opens things up for players like Sanu.

Qb's and OC's make a world of difference. Just look at Harvin playing with Favre in Minnesota(with Darrell Bevell) and look at him with the same OC and Wilson at qb. He doesn't look like the same player. Just like Golden Tate looks like an absolute stud(even more so with Calvin Johnson not playing) with Stafford throwing him passes, yet in Seattle, he was labeled a pure "slot wr" and nothing special.

I'm not trying to make Kerley out to be spectacular..... all I'm saying is that he's a much better player than he's credited for being and he would be mentioned more favorably if he had the benefit of playing with the qb's and oc's(and other stud weapons opening things up) that these other wr's mentioned in this thread benefit from.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 23 Oct 2014 - 20:27

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024 - 9:35