Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+6
Metjetgal
NCgreen12
AFA2017
GratefulJet
NickSINYC
Digwin
10 posters

Jets Win Today

Digwin
    Digwin
    Navigator
    Navigator

Jets Win Today Empty Jets Win Today

Post by Digwin Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 23:03

I found myself torn today between cheering for win and hoping we lost to gain better draft position. Just wondering how everyone was feeling about today's game and whether consensus was for winning or losing? Given draft options, the only sure bet in first several picks in my view is Cooper. Just hope we didn't fall (6) to far down to miss this sure fire pick. Just feeling we can't miss on this pick and Amari is the best, sure thing in this draft. The kid's back story, his drive, work ethic is unmatched. He will be special.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Jets Win Today Empty Re: Jets Win Today

Post by NickSINYC Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 23:56

Digwin wrote:I found myself torn today between cheering for win and hoping we lost to gain better draft position. Just wondering how everyone was feeling about today's game and whether consensus was for winning or losing? Given draft options, the only sure bet in first several picks in my view is Cooper. Just hope we didn't fall (6) to far down to miss this sure fire pick. Just feeling we can't miss on this pick and Amari is the best, sure thing in this draft. The kid's back story, his drive, work ethic is unmatched. He will be special.

Welcome nice to see you finally made it over here.

If you looked at the game thread you would see I was all about losing this game. I do think we hurt ourselves more than some others do but it is time to let that go now.

I will just hope Woody does the right thing and cleans house and puts together the team that will finally lead the Jets to the promised land. There will be a lot of interesting days ahead you found us just in time.
    Digwin
    Digwin
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by Digwin Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 0:04

NickSINYC wrote:
    Digwin wrote:I found myself torn today between cheering for win and hoping we lost to gain better draft position. Just wondering how everyone was feeling about today's game and whether consensus was for winning or losing? Given draft options, the only sure bet in first several picks in my view is Cooper. Just hope we didn't fall (6) to far down to miss this sure fire pick. Just feeling we can't miss on this pick and Amari is the best, sure thing in this draft. The kid's back story, his drive, work ethic is unmatched. He will be special.

Welcome nice to see you finally made it over here.

If you looked at the game thread you would see I was all about losing this game. I do think we hurt ourselves more than some others do but it is time to let that go now.

I will just hope Woody does the right thing and cleans house and puts together the team that will finally lead the Jets  to the promised land. There will be a lot of interesting days ahead you found us just in time.

Thanks for the welcome, and sorry if this thread is redundant, just feeling like we knocked ourselves out of the Amari sweepstakes, which sucks. Kid will be a star, oh well, consolation may be the OT from Iowa.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 0:10

I wanted us to lose, but caught myself cheering for them on numerous big plays. I felt a little dirty when I realized what was happening, and then a sense of confusion swept over me as I realized I no longer knew what I preferred. I decided "screw it" and just started cheering for them again.
    Digwin
    Digwin
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by Digwin Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 0:29

GratefulJet wrote:I wanted us to lose, but caught myself cheering for them on numerous big plays. I felt a little dirty when I realized what was happening, and then a sense of confusion swept over me as I realized I no longer knew what I preferred. I decided "screw it" and just started cheering for them again.

Know the feeling! Btw, love the handle. Big fan, Garcia forever! jocolor
    AFA2017
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by AFA2017 Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 5:38

I wanted them to lose but was excited with the big plays. Dropped a bit in the draft. Just need to draft wisely/
    NCgreen12
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NCgreen12 Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 8:43

If you've been a Jet fan for a while you've gone through the dynamics many times of rooting for your team to lose (for a better draft pick) but deep down cheering them on. You also find yourself saying where were the good plays and penalties against the other team during the weeks when they needed to win. Oh the life of a Jet fan.

BTW - Tampa wasn't about to lose the first pick with a meaningless win. From what I read they started replacing players in the game with backups. Has to make you think that was the plan from management and Lovie knew he was protected. They must have been chanting "Suck for the Duck" after the game.
    Metjetgal
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Metjetgal Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 8:45

What a terrible, meaningless win.
    lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by lnap23 Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 8:47

Love Cooper but the WR Parker from Louisville IMO is just as good.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 9:26

i could never root for the jets to lose, triply so against the dolphins. but it was a situation that if they lost, i wouldn't have been upset.

i can never get mad at players and coaches doing their job. they are paid to win, not to gain better draft position.

Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 11:48

From the draft position side, I don't see either QB as a sure thing. Mariota scares me in a Kaepernick sort of way (first read, run), and Winston has questionable maturity, and a INT clip that isn't exactly inspiring. Cooper seems like the safe pick for me, too. A lot of DE types in the top 10 doesn't bode well for us in this draft.

I'm may be way ahead of myself here, but if Cooper's gone, trade back into the first round and stockpile. Then grab one of the other QB prospects rated in the 2nd round.
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 14:42

Metjetgal wrote:What a terrible, meaningless win.

Couldn't agree more ... I was like really.  My wife asked why I wasn't happy with a win... I told her we just lost a great draft position with this win and I actually expected them to play hard and win although I was hopping for a loss... Bang Head

BTW - she told me I am stupid for watching such a terrible team... rotflmao  and you know maybe I am but WTF  go J-E-T-S ....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 9 May 2024 - 16:03