Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

3 posters

Jets place Winters on IR, claim OG Johnson, Aboushi to start

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Jets place Winters on IR, claim OG Johnson, Aboushi to start Empty Jets place Winters on IR, claim OG Johnson, Aboushi to start

Post by Superman55 Tue 14 Oct 2014 - 8:25

We have a 5th rd pick to coach up with a free roster spot and a chance to see if Aboushi plugs a big hole. This may be a blessing in disguise.

Jets claim Wesley Johnson, place Brian Winters on injured reserve

Posted by Josh Alper on October 14, 2014, 6:52 AM EDT
    Pittsburgh Steelers Rookie Minicamp
    Getty Images
    The Jets will have a pair of new faces on the roster this week.

In addition to signing cornerback Josh Thomas, the Jets have claimed interior offensive lineman Wesley Johnson off of waivers from the Steelers. Thomas was acquired to help fill in for Dee Milliner after Milliner tore his Achilles and Johnson joins the club with Brian Winters exiting for the rest of the season. Winters tore his ACL in the loss to the Broncos and joined Milliner on injured reserve Monday.

Johnson was a fifth-round pick in May and lost his roster spot with the Steelers when they signed defensive back Ross Ventrone ahead of their Week Six game with the Browns. He has not played in a regular season game.

Oday Aboushi is expected to get the first crack at replacing Winters in the starting lineup at left guard. Aboushi and Winters split time at the position during the summer with Winters winning out in the end.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Jets place Winters on IR, claim OG Johnson, Aboushi to start Empty Re: Jets place Winters on IR, claim OG Johnson, Aboushi to start

Post by NickSINYC Tue 14 Oct 2014 - 9:09

l like Oday Aboushi He almost followed in my footsteps  I was born in Brooklyn born and went to Bishop Ford instead Xaverian close call.I lived as a adult on SI. I am in his comer I hope he is the answer
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Jets place Winters on IR, claim OG Johnson, Aboushi to start Empty Re: Jets place Winters on IR, claim OG Johnson, Aboushi to start

Post by Superman55 Tue 14 Oct 2014 - 9:28

NickSINYC wrote: l like Oday Aboushi He almost followed in my footsteps  I was born in Brooklyn born and went to Bishop Ford instead Xaverian close call.I lived as a adult on SI. I am in his comer I hope he is the answer

Did you consider playing LT at VA?
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 14 Oct 2014 - 16:00

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 21h 21 hours ago
    Johnson was a 5th round pick this year, so basically #Jets released Saunders and George and replaced them with Powell and Johnson
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 14 Oct 2014 - 16:02

football51 wrote:Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets  ·  21h 21 hours ago
    Johnson was a 5th round pick this year, so basically #Jets released Saunders and George and replaced them with Powell and Johnson

Ahhh, the optimist...
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 14 Oct 2014 - 16:02

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024 - 7:54