Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+20
danfran
Superman55
Seaver
GratefulJet
soj
DonMaynard
Old#15
The Wicker Man
NCgreen12
HYATT™
cysporsche
NYJETSDAN16
NickSINYC
football51
Sarge
lnap23
SackExchange
skop
LIJETFAN
hobson54
24 posters

Possible 2015 Jets Quarterbacks

NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Possible 2015 Jets Quarterbacks - Page 2 Empty Re: Possible 2015 Jets Quarterbacks

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sat 25 Oct 2014 - 12:26

cysporsche wrote:What would you do if Jameis Winston QB is sitting there when the Jets are on the clock. Pound for pound he is more talented than Mariota or any QB in this years draft class. I hope Geno finally gets it, and plays like he did in the Patriot game. I don't want to draft another QB with our 1st round pick.

Any older free agents out there, that are better than Vick ?

Go Jets...Cyborg

hell no.  if he cant even handle floridas pressure, the ny media will tear him up.  mariota is the perfect pick. Personally if both are gone, i'd go with Dak Prescott.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Possible 2015 Jets Quarterbacks - Page 2 Empty Re: Possible 2015 Jets Quarterbacks

Post by Superman55 Sat 25 Oct 2014 - 12:54

SackExchange wrote:I am of the mindset that B+ might be slightly generous. I certainly think it's a B-, and probably a solid B. To me, that is absolutely a playoff caliber WR unit, especially if you factor in Amaro.

Can you name 10 WR units better?

I think it's a top 10 WR group, just likely #10 behind?

Chicago
    SD
    Detroit
    SF
    Skins
    Atlanta
    Colts
    Denver
    Saints
    Baltimore

They have better WR groups, IMO, and Jets are about the same as GB, Bills, Tampa, and Steelers. Harvin's development outside is going to be very fun to watch, IMO.
    HYATT™
    HYATT™
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by HYATT™ Sat 25 Oct 2014 - 22:44

Just mumbling and stumbling around right now but if what I suspect is true, the Jets WILL tank the rest of the season, to get that #2 or #3 pick.
    Mr. Smith just is NOT good enough to win with in this league and even if the Jets don't purposely tank it, they will lose a LOT more than they win and still finish in the top 5 or 6 of the draft order.
    The question rumbling around inside the organization HAS to be whether or not to consciously insure the Jets ask if the fans will BlameUs for Famous or do the macarana for Mariota?

With that in mind, (giving Rex assurances it won't cost him his job), the Jets WILL end up making sure they don't land at #5 or #6 and lose out on what could finally be their best chance at a franchise QB since ATL swiped Favre 1 pick ahead of them in '91.

2015 draft scenario:

Rd 1-#2: QB Jameis Winston, (Mariota goes #1 overall.)
    Rd 2-#34: WR Jaelen Strong (Good lawd would HYATT™ LOVE to see Dorial Green-Beckham fall to this spot, trubbles or no, you don't pass on talent/size of that caliber in Rd 2.)
    Rd 3-#66: FS/CB Eric Rowe (Allows Pryor to move over to SS.) (couple of C-Picks after Rd 3 so...)
    Rd 4-#100-ish: RG Laken Tomlinson (Duke) This is just the best possible OL player available this late unless PITT's T.J. Clemmings manages to stay out of the clutches of 31 other teams through 3 rounds.

Beyond Rd 4 it's all a dart game anyway.
    What HYATT™ would do however, is drag as many tall UDFA CBs as they can  convince to compete for all 3 starting CB positions into camp., and whittle them down to at least 2 that are 6' or taller and show some physicality along with some ability to cover like a blanket in man & press schemes. They ARE out there, every year. There are always 1 or 2 surprise UDFA DBs every season, if the Jets can make a little extra effort to insure they are discovered in NJ next year. Kreist on a pogo stick, the Packers cut/waive more decent CBs each year than are currently on the Jets roster.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sat 25 Oct 2014 - 23:22

Superman55 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:I am of the mindset that B+ might be slightly generous. I certainly think it's a B-, and probably a solid B. To me, that is absolutely a playoff caliber WR unit, especially if you factor in Amaro.

Can you name 10 WR units better?

I think it's a top 10 WR group, just likely #10 behind?

Chicago
    SD
    Detroit
    SF
    Skins
    Atlanta
    Colts
    Denver
    Saints
    Baltimore

They have better WR groups, IMO, and Jets are about the same as GB, Bills, Tampa, and Steelers.  Harvin's development outside is going to be very fun to watch, IMO.

That's about right. It's also why I would say they are likely a "B" group. A B+ would be legit top 10. A would be top 5.

It's really semantics right now. We both rate the corps about the same. Your view is just slightly more favorable than mine, but I think it's only a matter of very small degrees. We're on the same page on this one.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sat 25 Oct 2014 - 23:23

HYATT™ wrote:Just mumbling and stumbling around right now but if what I suspect is true, the Jets WILL tank the rest of the season, to get that #2 or #3 pick.
    Mr. Smith just is NOT good enough to win with in this league and even if the Jets don't purposely tank it, they will lose a LOT more than they win and still finish in the top 5 or 6 of the draft order.
    The question rumbling around inside the organization HAS to be whether or not to consciously insure the Jets ask if the fans will BlameUs for Famous or do the macarana for Mariota?

With that in mind, (giving Rex assurances it won't cost him his job), the Jets WILL end up making sure they don't land at #5 or #6 and lose out on what could finally be their best chance at a franchise QB since ATL swiped Favre 1 pick ahead of them in '91.

2015 draft scenario:

Rd 2-#34: WR Jaelen Strong (Good lawd would HYATT™ LOVE to see Dorial Green-Beckham fall to this spot, trubbles or no, you don't pass on talent/size of that caliber in Rd 2.)
    Rd 3-#66: FS/CB Eric Rowe (Allows Pryor to move over to SS.) (couple of C-Picks after Rd 3 so...)
    Rd 4-#100-ish: RG Laken Tomlinson (Duke) This is just the best possible OL player available this late unless PITT's T.J. Clemmings manages to stay out of the clutches of 31 other teams through 3 rounds.

What HYATT™ would do however, is drag as many tall UDFA CBs as they can  convince to compete for all 3 starting CB positions into camp., and whittle them down to at least 2 that are 6' or taller and show some physicality along with some ability to cover like a blanket in man & press schemes. They ARE out there, every year. There are always 1 or 2 surprise UDFA DBs every season, if the Jets can make a little extra effort to insure they are discovered in NJ next year. Kreist on a pogo stick, the Packers cut/waive more decent CBs each year than are currently on the Jets roster.
    Winston at #2 overall? Sorry, pass. Way too many maturity issues for such a high pick.

Besides, with an improved offense and a weaker schedule, I doubt the Jets are really going to be in a top 2-3 pick position.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 26 Oct 2014 - 18:34

SackExchange wrote:
    HYATT™ wrote:Just mumbling and stumbling around right now but if what I suspect is true, the Jets WILL tank the rest of the season, to get that #2 or #3 pick.

2015 draft scenario:

Winston at #2 overall? Sorry, pass. Way too many maturity issues for such a high pick.

Besides, with an improved offense and a weaker schedule, I doubt the Jets are really going to be in a top 2-3 pick position.

HYATT - you were right about Geno not being the guy, but I don't think Winston goes #2...I also dont think Strong makes it to rd 2.
    NCgreen12
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NCgreen12 Sun 26 Oct 2014 - 18:46

Superman55 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:

2015 draft scenario:

HYATT - you were right about Geno not being the guy, but I don't think Winston goes #2...I also dont think Strong makes it to rd 2.
    If Mariota is the guy the Jets will need to do what it takes to move up to the top spot. Must keep trying to get our franchise guy no matter how many times it takes. I am not a Winston fan. Lots of talent but a guy that IMO trouble may find him more often than not.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sun 26 Oct 2014 - 19:01

NCgreen12 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:

2015 draft scenario:

If Mariota is the guy the Jets will need to do what it takes to move up to the top spot. Must keep trying to get our franchise guy no matter how many times it takes. I am not a Winston fan. Lots of talent but a guy that IMO trouble may find him more often than not.
    Winston has all the talent a top QB would ever need but he is a loose cannon that will surely blow up in your face. I would stay far away.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 26 Oct 2014 - 19:34

Sean Mannion looks like he has elevated his game:

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sun 26 Oct 2014 - 22:34

Our top pick has to be a qb. Mariota is going to need work, but his character, leadership, and work ethic are supposedly off the charts. Winston scares the heck out of me especially playing in this marketplace.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 7:04

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:Sean Mannion looks like he has elevated his game:

That is his 2013 highlight tape.

There's a lot of TDs on that tape. The guy knows what to do on the red zone, and he certainly has the arm to make all the throws. 6' 5" pocket passer. Old school, compared to Mariota, Kaepernik or Russell Wilson.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 10:44

Jets need to take 2 QBs in this draft....

as for the WR group......what they lack and will lack is a true outside WR that wins downfield and at the line of scrimmage. Sorry, I'm not impressed by Harvin. Plenty of speed, but I'd be tempted to grab that beast WR with the 1st pick and take some QB shots later in draft.........there is no Luck or Stafford in this group that is a consensus franchise QB.
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 10:51

We'll need 2 QB's for sure, draft one and sign a veteran a la Matt Moore.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 11:44

NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 11:46

You guys are gonna lve this story on Marcus Mariota, the protoge:

NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 11:51

Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Tue 28 Oct 2014 - 9:27

There were also a lot of questions about Cam Newton's maturity, and that seemed to have worked out pretty well. I know the Carolina media glare is pretty dim in comparison to NYC, but if we just compare the physical and mental ability of the two does Winston rate a premium pick?
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Tue 28 Oct 2014 - 10:40

Cam Newton is a Choir boy compared to Jameis Winston. The only similarities I see, is two big QB's with God given athletic ability.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Tue 28 Oct 2014 - 10:45

I'm still not sold on Cam as a passer. He is awkward at times, but he survives for now being so physically strong in the pocket he buys time. I'd say footwork is his biggest area of need.
    DonMaynard
    DonMaynard
    Honorary Test Pilot
    Honorary Test Pilot

Post by DonMaynard Tue 28 Oct 2014 - 12:39

football51 wrote:Our top pick has to be a qb. Mariota is going to need work, but his character, leadership, and work ethic are supposedly off the charts. Winston scares the heck out of me especially playing in this marketplace.
     The way things are going with this Jets team, Mariota seems well within reach. I say , get him, no matter what draft choices we have to surrender . According to some of the college gurus , Mariota could be the best dual threat to come out in...well , just about forever. That's a long time baby!...anyway, drifting a bit further from reality , and into the dream world , I'd love to see Revis back where he belongs...in green and white, see what a healthy McDougle can do on the other side, and ( I can dream can't I) see if Milliner can convert to free safety, with Pryor in the box where he belongs....and oh yeah, cut that bum Wilson!!
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Tue 28 Oct 2014 - 12:54

DonMaynard wrote:
    football51 wrote:Our top pick has to be a qb. Mariota is going to need work, but his character, leadership, and work ethic are supposedly off the charts. Winston scares the heck out of me especially playing in this marketplace.
     The way things are going with this Jets team, Mariota seems well within reach. I say , get him, no matter what draft choices we have to surrender . According to some of the college gurus , Mariota could be the best dual threat to come out in...well , just about forever. That's a long time baby!...

If this team keeps playing like it's been playing, it'll just cost our 1st round pick. Embarassed
    DonMaynard
    DonMaynard
    Honorary Test Pilot
    Honorary Test Pilot

Post by DonMaynard Tue 28 Oct 2014 - 13:29

GratefulJet wrote:
    DonMaynard wrote:
     The way things are going with this Jets team, Mariota seems well within reach. I say , get him, no matter what draft choices we have to surrender . According to some of the college gurus , Mariota could be the best dual threat to come out in...well , just about forever. That's a long time baby!...

If this team keeps playing like it's been playing, it'll just cost our 1st round pick. Embarassed
    Well , I guess we need not check with the Colts to see if it's worth the year or two of embarrassment . Crying or Very sad
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Tue 28 Oct 2014 - 13:43

Suck for the Duck!
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Tue 28 Oct 2014 - 14:14

I'm in! It's the only silver lining left in this playbook.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Tue 28 Oct 2014 - 14:21

DonMaynard wrote:
     The way things are going with this Jets team, Mariota seems well within reach. I say , get him, no matter what draft choices we have to surrender . According to some of the college gurus , Mariota could be the best dual threat to come out in...well , just about forever. That's a long time baby!...anyway, drifting a bit further from reality , and into the dream world , I'd love to see Revis back where he belongs...in green and white, see what a healthy McDougle can do on the other side, and ( I can dream can't I) see if Milliner can convert to free safety, with Pryor in the box where he belongs....and oh yeah, cut that bum Wilson!!

what dual threats are winning QBs in the NFL? Dual threat implies the QB will run almost as much as they throw. That says underdeveloped passer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024 - 0:12