Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+10
MachinaVerde
danfran
Metjetgal
football51
soj
lnap23
JohnnyBaseball
trico990
The Wicker Man
Superman55
14 posters

Demario Davis says players aren't giving effort

WilliesDad
    Honorary Test Pilot
    Honorary Test Pilot

Demario Davis says players aren't giving effort  - Page 2 Empty Re: Demario Davis says players aren't giving effort

Post by WilliesDad Thu 9 Oct 2014 - 10:25

Blindsidebrick wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    MachinaVerde wrote:I am starting to wonder if Rex will make it through the season.  Yikes, I never saw this coming

If the next two games are like the last one, I'm not so sure he will.

If the next two games continue the downward spiral Rex should go on the spot. What scares me is clueless Woody he is as easy on Rex as he is on his players. No accountability no one can do any wrong

Woody stuck by a coach who was universally loved by his players, and a coach who took the Jets to two consecutive AFC Championships. I wouldn't call that clueless. Clueless is firing head coaches left and right, and starting over seemingly every season like the Raiders.

Continuity is one key to success. But I'm in agreement that firing Rex is the right decision at this time.

So, do you think he should be fired during the season - ie: at the break if we lose the next 2 games -or let it play out through the season? Unless Idzik has his list of available coaches queued up already, I can't see him making a change in-season. He strikes me as being far too deliberate in his methodology to do something that necessitates that he act quickly. I would think he would go through a series of interviews and drag the process out. Again, unless, he has a coach in mind who is available immediately.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Demario Davis says players aren't giving effort  - Page 2 Empty Re: Demario Davis says players aren't giving effort

Post by Blindsidebrick Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 2:05

Idzik's draft has been prematurely judged. There have been hits, misses, and still to be determined's.  This isn't unusual, except for the likes of people like Mehta and Cimini. It's actually quite typical of most GM's and scouting departments. Pryor has struggled, but he's a rookie and still has some time to develop. Amaro has been good, and Sheldon Richardon has been very good. Milliner has shown that he's growing into the position, and can be a difference making CB. I think this injury bug will pass.

You can criticize his approach to free agency. And that's debatable depending on your own philosophy in regards to how you build a real contender. Most of the members around here who's opinions I respect seem to agree that 2014 wasn't our year anyway, at least as far as a deep playoff run.  Next year, I expect bigger moves, including a new head coach and probably a top ten QB.

Patience has never been a virtue of this fan base. I understand the frustration. I share that frustration. But I will not let that emotion cloud my judgment. This team has bigger issues that transcend one person.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 11:19

Blindsidebrick wrote:Idzik's draft has been prematurely judged. There have been hits, misses, and still to be determined's.  This isn't unusual, except for the likes of people like Mehta and Cimini. It's actually quite typical of most GM's and scouting departments. Pryor has struggled, but he's a rookie and still has some time to develop. Amaro has been good, and Sheldon Richardon has been very good. Milliner has shown that he's growing into the position, and can be a difference making CB. I think this injury bug will pass.

You can criticize his approach to free agency. And that's debatable depending on your own philosophy in regards to how you build a real contender. Most of the members around here who's opinions I respect seem to agree that 2014 wasn't our year anyway, at least as far as a deep playoff run.  Next year, I expect bigger moves, including a new head coach and probably a top ten QB.

Patience has never been a virtue of this fan base. I understand the frustration. I share that frustration. But I will not let that emotion  cloud my judgment. This team has bigger issues that transcend one person.

I honestly agree with all of this. Great post. Someone sad it somewhere else Milliner looked terrible and the light went on in December...can we give Pryor the same opportunity? The answer has to be yes, and his style of play generally leads to success. So I agree that, it is early to judge.

Amaro is also our 2nd leading WR and #1 rookie TE in an amazing rookie TE class (Ebron, ASJ, Nikolas, CFed, etc)...so he is definitely coming along.

I think the complaints around the draft class is we had 12 picks, 5 on the roster, 3 active on Sundays...I think that complaint is fair and not too early to express a concern.

FA is what it is, too much or too little, all depends on who you liked in free agency. I think it's fair to say exactly what you said and how you said it. That's Idzik's style, be happy we have Decker, CJ2k, Gia, and Vick. I agree with how you framed that.

I also liked how you said a new HC and a new QB that will be in Idzik's mold.

I think we finally will get to fully judge him when he has those last 2 pieces. I think that is also a very fair statement, where he isn't trying to be successful with some of his coaches, come of his players, and some of his direction...

Next year will be a 100% Idzik feel and direction, which we dont have with rex, IMO. Mike T was sloppy with business and Rex is a little sloppy with how he does things, I do think there is some reflection of one another there. I think that is 100% fair.

next year will be with Idzik coach #1 and Idzik QB #4 (Garrad, Geno, Vick, new young QB). Let his new QB work with his selected coaches and see what happens...it will need 2 years to see if there is fruit from this direction, but a 3 win 2015 would be hard to stomach (I'm saying that as an "if" statement, I do feel there is a possibility of success in his model, just hope he hits on some more picks...from the 2014 or 2015 draft, we just need more young talent/players to step up).
    JohnnyBaseball
    JohnnyBaseball
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by JohnnyBaseball Sat 11 Oct 2014 - 14:11

IMO, we're getting to the point where waiting more than 2 seasons for a player to "develop" is a big waste of time, because most of them never do. You're either a good player by that point, or you most likely never will be.
    Atljet60
    Atljet60
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by Atljet60 Sat 11 Oct 2014 - 17:15

Winning cures all of these issues. I've been a supporter of Rex and he's had time to have his type of people on his team. We haven't made much noise since 2010. We've been kind of mediocre since. I keep waiting for us to make a turn and it just hasn't happen. It takes more than believing. Maybe Rex's tenure has just about ran its course.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 15:10

BUMP...........

This is the defining topic of the 2014 season IMO. Instead of the team following Davis, Ryan squashed Davis' views publicly and the team has continued to be inconsistent-not having a pulse. Last night was the worst performance of the year. We looked like the team displaced from the storm. It didn't look like we practiced at all for this game. It's gotten so bad that even Manish Mehta broke script and blamed Ryan in today's Daily News. Last year, with a rookie qb and a fraction of the talent we currently have on offense, we averaged more ppg and were more fun to watch. These players may "love" Ryan, but they DON'T play hard for him and have rarely ever played smart for him. There is no accountability whatsoever.
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 15:24

The title says it all... you play like you pratice. Enough said. Now Clean house please the stench is terrible.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 29 Jan 2015 - 18:21

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 10m 10 minutes ago
    On a conference call now with Demario Davis, praising how Calvin Pryor came on at end of year. Think he thrives close to LOS #Jets

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 3m 3 minutes ago
    Few other Davis quotes: Was brief when asked about Rex. Simply said "best of luck," when asked about what to learn from last year's...

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 4m 4 minutes ago
    ...struggles, said team needs to learn to take it one week at a time and look at year as 16 one week seasons #Jets

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 12:25