Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+7
SackExchange
Seaver
cysporsche
Superman55
Old#15
NickSINYC
Sarge
11 posters

1st Rd Pick for RGIII?

Poll

Trade for RGIII

[ 0 ]
    1st Rd Pick for RGIII? Bar_left0%1st Rd Pick for RGIII? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    1st Rd Pick for RGIII? Bar_left0%1st Rd Pick for RGIII? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    1st Rd Pick for RGIII? Bar_left8%1st Rd Pick for RGIII? Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 2 ]
    1st Rd Pick for RGIII? Bar_left17%1st Rd Pick for RGIII? Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 4 ]
    1st Rd Pick for RGIII? Bar_left33%1st Rd Pick for RGIII? Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 5 ]
    1st Rd Pick for RGIII? Bar_left42%1st Rd Pick for RGIII? Bar_right [42%] 

Total Votes: 12
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

1st Rd Pick for RGIII? Empty 1st Rd Pick for RGIII?

Post by Sarge Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 15:57

If you were the Jets GM, would you trade the team's 1st round pick in 2015 straight up to the Redskins for QB Robert Griffin III?
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

1st Rd Pick for RGIII? Empty Re: 1st Rd Pick for RGIII?

Post by NickSINYC Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 16:02

No I wasn't high on him coming out and I am definitely less interested now after his injury history and attitude
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Tue 18 Nov 2014 - 9:36

NickSINYC wrote:No I wasn't high on him coming out and I am definitely less interested now after his injury history and attitude

+1 - Interesting back and forth in the media between Griffin and coach Gruden after Sunday's game. Griffin basically says its not all on him, that there are 10 other guys on the field and they have to do better as well. Gruden responds by saying that Griffin needs to worry about himself because he is still has basic mechanical flaws and misreads. WOW, don't usually hear that kind of open criticism from a coach about his 'star player'.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 18 Nov 2014 - 10:54

Didn't take long for Cam and RG3 to fall from grace. There was a poster on this board who will remain nameless who said he'd take Cam over Brady. Here's an interesting stat:

4 lowest rated QBs in the NFL as of week 11 -

Lowest rated QB: Bortles
    2nd lowest rated QB:Bridgewater
    3rd lowest rated QB: Derek Carr
    4th lowest rated QB: Cam Newton

One of these dont belong...in a contract year seeking a $100 mill deal...but his QBR is that of a rookie QB. Mad No
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Tue 18 Nov 2014 - 12:11

Cam got Mike Shulaed so you can't blame him

I like Mike Shula as a person, but he's not a great offensive coordinator
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Tue 18 Nov 2014 - 12:28

Superman55 wrote:Didn't take long for Cam and RG3 to fall from grace.  There was a poster on this board who will remain nameless who said he'd take Cam over Brady.  Here's an interesting stat:

One of these dont belong...in a contract year seeking a $100 mill deal...but his QBR is that of a rookie QB.  Mad No

Kevin, I think that was an indirect shot @ me ? You asked me if I was starting a NEW TEAM TODAY, who would I choose ? That's still a no brainer to me, Brady is pushing late 30's & Cam is 25. Brady is great but old, so yes, I'd still pick Cam.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Tue 18 Nov 2014 - 12:57

cysporsche wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:Didn't take long for Cam and RG3 to fall from grace.  There was a poster on this board who will remain nameless who said he'd take Cam over Brady.  Here's an interesting stat:

One of these dont belong...in a contract year seeking a $100 mill deal...but his QBR is that of a rookie QB.  Mad No

Kevin, I think that was an indirect shot @ me ? You asked me if I was starting a NEW TEAM TODAY, who would I choose ? That's still a no brainer to me, Brady is pushing late 30's & Cam is 25. Brady is great but old, so yes, I'd still pick Cam.

Go Jets...Cyborg

In fairness to Newton he is playing injured, has new receivers to work with this year, and his OL sucks. Guy is in a bad situation.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 18 Nov 2014 - 13:03

Old#15 wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

In fairness to Newton he is playing injured, has new receivers to work with this year, and his OL sucks.  Guy is in a bad situation.

Greg Olsen and Kelvin Benjamin aren't exactly bad enough to make you one of the 5 worst QBs in the NFL is it?

In case you didn't know how bad Cam was playing, Eli has bad awful this year, including throwing 5 picks last weekend...his year has still been better than Cam's....

Point being, you don't build around that or pay that 100 mill. Do you feel any of the top 10 QBs would be a bottom 5 QB with his weapons?

To me, Brady is playing with worse weapons (so is Ryan Tannehill)...but they aren't playing like a rookie.

Cam Newton is playing like a rookie QB learning the NFL still (so is RG3 for that matter)...he looks like Vince Young out there.

Mark Sanchez may have more weapons, but he shouldn't look like Aaron Rodgers compared to Cam...ever...but he does.

Also, Brady at 50 will be better than Cam ever will be. Cam doesnt have "it."

Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Tue 18 Nov 2014 - 13:09

Cam doesn't process well and has bad habits with mechanics - namely his footwork.

RGIII......sucks. How about Geno for RGIII....that I could live with. Still would need a QB.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 18 Nov 2014 - 15:33

Seaver wrote:Cam doesn't process well and has bad habits with mechanics - namely his footwork.

RGIII......sucks.  How about Geno for RGIII....that I could live with.  Still would need a QB.

lol!
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Tue 18 Nov 2014 - 16:00

Old#15 wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

In fairness to Newton he is playing injured, has new receivers to work with this year, and his OL sucks.  Guy is in a bad situation.

Kevin / 55 has a real boner for Cam ! I'd take Cam in a heartbeat and I should know I watch him more than any Jet fan being a Carolina boy ! Cam lost his All-Pro LT, his RT, and both guards, he lost all 4 of his starting WR's, (yes Benjamin has been a great rookie, and Olsen is the most underrated TE in the league), Cam has not had 3 All-Pro players in the backfield in Williams RB, Stewart RB & Tank Tolbert FB all season together yet ? Check out Cam's highlights in the Atlanta & Seattle games, the whole Panther team is riding on Cam's back.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Fri 28 Nov 2014 - 7:15

http://nypost.com/2014/11/27/how-the-jets-should-get-robert-griffin-iii/

To me this demonstrates how utterly clueless some of the members of the media can be.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 28 Nov 2014 - 8:41

Not just a first rounder, but a high first? Not a chance.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Fri 28 Nov 2014 - 9:36

Old#15 wrote:http://nypost.com/2014/11/27/how-the-jets-should-get-robert-griffin-iii/

To me this demonstrates how utterly clueless some of the members of the media can be.  

not sure i'm following you. while i'm loath to defend the hacks at the post, he is saying unless it was dirt cheap like a 7th, he wouldn't trade for RGIII
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Fri 28 Nov 2014 - 10:24

hobson54 wrote:
    Old#15 wrote:http://nypost.com/2014/11/27/how-the-jets-should-get-robert-griffin-iii/

not sure i'm following you.  while i'm loath to defend the hacks at the post, he is saying unless it was dirt cheap like a 7th, he wouldn't trade for RGIII

I think adding a guy like Griffin adds another distraction at QB who is really a mess right now, according to head coach and various 'experts' like Chris Cooley. His mechanics are horrible, can't progress past his first read, appears afraid to run (his best asset) because of the injury issues, and is a problem in the locker room. I don't think he is worth the headache at any price. I can see why guys like Cimini, Costello and Mehta would like Griffin on the Jets, as it would give them something juicy to write about.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Fri 28 Nov 2014 - 12:52

Old#15 wrote:
    hobson54 wrote:

not sure i'm following you.  while i'm loath to defend the hacks at the post, he is saying unless it was dirt cheap like a 7th, he wouldn't trade for RGIII

I think adding a guy like Griffin adds another distraction at QB who is really a mess right now, according to head coach and various 'experts' like Chris Cooley.  His mechanics are horrible, can't progress past his first read, appears afraid to run (his best asset) because of the injury issues, and is a problem in the locker room.  I don't think he is worth the headache at any price.  I can see why guys like Cimini, Costello and Mehta would like Griffin on the Jets, as it would give them something juicy to write about.

It's typical that our beat writers would want RGIII. They find everything wrong with what the Jets do, and suggest hairbrained alternatives to fix our problems. Everyone's a genius, and hindsight's 20/20 when you're not actually making big decisions.

I say NO to RGIII. Too many mechanical issues, a knee that's concerning, and I didn't like his shifting of blame away from himself. A leader always takes the blame, even when it's not his fault.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sat 29 Nov 2014 - 10:52

I might consider RG3 for a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick, but not a 1st rounder.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sat 29 Nov 2014 - 10:53

cysporsche wrote:I might consider RG3 for a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick, but not a 1st rounder.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    I wouldn't trade a high second for him.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Sat 29 Nov 2014 - 11:01

cysporsche wrote:I might consider RG3 for a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick, but not a 1st rounder.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Great, another wasted 2nd or 3rd round pick.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Sat 29 Nov 2014 - 11:45

a conditional 5th (2016 draft) at best
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sat 29 Nov 2014 - 16:02

Absolutley not. NO RG3 4 me. If i'am tradining a 1st it's to move up in next years draft to snag Marcus Mariota.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 29 Nov 2014 - 20:52

Old#15 wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

Great, another wasted 2nd or 3rd round pick.

...you have to consider what we do with mid rd picks.  Look at McDoungle, Saunders, and George...our 3rd, 4th, and 5th rd picks last year.  Would you rather have these 3 or would you rather have RG3?  All 3 of these guys likely won't be on next years roster.

Who care if you trade picks when you can't draft for shit anyway?

Id give up a 3rd for RG on a 1 year deal.
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Sun 30 Nov 2014 - 11:25

In a word... NO. WE have two bad QB we do not need a third, just my opinion.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 30 Nov 2014 - 11:42

soj wrote:In a word... NO. WE have two bad QB we do not need a third, just my opinion.

SOJ - very straight forward and fair point.  Has RG3 done anything this year to make anyone think he'd be better than Geno or Vick?  To your point, the answer is probably no.  Living in DC, I can tell you he hasn't shown more than a handful of flashes after his rookie year...and I respect Gruden and Shananahan as offensive minds.  You make a very fair point.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sun 30 Nov 2014 - 11:56

I think the best thing for RG3 is a change of location. It's obvious that he & Gruden HC don't get along. I think RG3 is over whelmed with different coaches trying to change his mechanic's too much, and the kid is confused ? His rookie year, they let him play his style of ball, and from what I remember, he had a very good rookie year. And yes, he's better than any QB currently on our roster.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024 - 18:06