Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+22
McJet
Metjetgal
NYJETSDAN16
SackExchange
NickSINYC
HYATT™
Atljet60
Lakerfan1980
jamesfyo123
danfran
skop
football51
NCgreen12
cysporsche
Blindsidebrick
soj
The Wicker Man
Old#15
WilliesDad
hobson54
Sarge
Superman55
26 posters

Bill at Jets 1PM October 26, 2014

LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Bill at Jets 1PM October 26, 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: Bill at Jets 1PM October 26, 2014

Post by LIJETFAN Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 0:42

The blame for this mess falls on the shoulders of more than one person. It is Idzik, Bradway, Rex, Marty, Geno, the O-Line, the WRs, the entire secondary. The question really is, who is accountable for it. And, that starts with Idzik and Rex. It's Woody's decision what to do next. If you are starting over with a new HC and presumptively a new starting QB, then you have to think about starting over with a new GM too. I think Idzik gets another chance. But because his job is so probably tenuous too, I think Idzik will have a hard time recruiting a top flight coach for this team, especially with no QB. 51 is 100% correct. But right now, you look at what is going on and you see team that lacks talent at a number of positions, an undisciplined team that lacks leadership on offense, and a team that is not prepared to play in some of these games. Last week, the Jets played their best game of the year and still lost. This week, they are exactly what their record says they are, a 1-7 team that is close to being the worst team in the league. I think the Raiders and Jaguars hold that distinction, but the Jets are not far away.

Do I think Rex shoujld be fired tomorrow morning? Yes, I do. And I really like Rex, and think if you give him talent, he can a championship. But his time here iis done. Just end it now and let Rex take some time off from coaching, regroup and prepare for his interviews. He deserves that. Do I think Idzik should probably go with him. Yes I do. I think if Woody is smart he cuts his losses early and starts over with an entirely new regime, new perspective that gives the fans something to get really excited about. Right now the fans are not excited about the present or the future of this franchise and that is a major problem. No one wants to pay to see this garbage on the field. This is why people drop their season tix. It's why I dropped mine a few years ago. And it was one of the best decisions I've made because I would never pay to see the teams we've seen the past four seasons. And if this team doesn't turn around next year or the year after, Idzik will be gone too and we are starting all over again. I know that is not going to happen, but in my opinion it's the best way to go. Turn over the franchise completely, wipe the slate clean, start over, new GM, new personnel department, new coaching staff and new QB and build from there. There are some foundational players on defense that you want to keep. And there are a few veterans on offense, but that's about it. Everyone else should be competing for a job.

Right now, I don't have a lot of confidence that Idzik, Bradway and the rest can fix this next year, the year after or in ten years.

As I said, I doubt that will happen, and Idzik probably deserves one more chance to get this right with his own coaching staff. But he will be on his third draft, and the first two were subpar. And, well, this team is 1-7. That speaks for itself.

I believe Idzik speaks to the media tomorrow. That should be a fascinating press conference.
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Bill at Jets 1PM October 26, 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: Bill at Jets 1PM October 26, 2014

Post by The Wicker Man Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 7:00

I really thought we'd win this game. Geno played like he had money on the Bills. The defense kept us in the game as long as they could even with the O coughing
    up the ball every time they touched it. What else is there to say? We stink.

Going forward this season, it's time to see what we have in players like Simms, Dozier, Owusu, etc. Once again, my season
    comes down to rooting against the pats.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 7:07

This is the worst since Kotite. Pity that Rex is going to go that route. I like him very much personally, as I did RK, but the results and quality of play speak for themselves. We need an entirely new coaching staff in 2015. Clean slate, back to basics. Let these guys stumble to the end of the season and get the best possible draft position. It's the only silver lining left in this playbook.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 10:58

6 turnovers by Idzik guys............just sayin'
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 11:53

Manish Mehta sinks to new lows in crappy journalism. His latest gem? "I'm shocked that a team with a wretched roster is 1-7. Shocked" (enter sarcasm)

Really Manish? Let's see...Wilkerson, Snacks, Richardson, Davis, Harris, Milliner (healthy), Mangold, Brick, Decker, Harvin, Kerley, Ivory, CJ, Amaro, Folk...

Yeah, so wretched. This guy is such a dope it's mind-boggling.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 12:54

Seaver wrote:6 turnovers by Idzik guys............just sayin'
    Well, if that isn't reason to fire the GM, nothing is.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 12:56

In a way, I am glad the team is bottoming out. Teams that always float around the middle rarely, if ever, get to the top. They always just sort of float in their middling position for years.

I'd rather bottom out, only to have the chance to rise higher.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 28 Oct 2014 - 0:41

Blindsidebrick wrote:Manish Mehta sinks to new lows in crappy journalism. His latest gem? "I'm shocked that a team with a wretched roster is 1-7. Shocked" (enter sarcasm)

Really Manish? Let's see...Wilkerson, Snacks, Richardson, Davis, Harris, Milliner (healthy), Mangold, Brick, Decker, Harvin, Kerley, Ivory, CJ, Amaro, Folk...

Yeah, so wretched. This guy is such a dope it's mind-boggling.

He's the same guy who after the 4th preseason game, saw our roster, and picked us to go 9-7 and miss the playoffs.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Tue 28 Oct 2014 - 7:34

SackExchange wrote:
    Seaver wrote:6 turnovers by Idzik guys............just sayin'
    Well, if that isn't reason to fire the GM, nothing is.

+1 - I love it when the coach gets no blame for a team that can't execute.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 28 Oct 2014 - 17:01

jetkwondo
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by jetkwondo Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 7:47

Thanks 51! That was funny!!!

First thing I laughed positively about the Jets in quite awhile...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 15 May 2024 - 19:18