A New Community for Jets Fans


    Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Share
    avatar
    HYATT™
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 133
    Points : 23588
    Join date : 2014-09-09

    Re: Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Post by HYATT™ on Sat 11 Oct 2014 - 15:59

    Notre Dame's Brian Kelly's résumé is so top-heavily loaded with success it's unfathomable to HYATT­™ why he isn't ALREADY an NFL HC.
    That said, Rex is still HYATT™'s top candidate to be back in G&W in 2015.
    I can find no logical way to blame him for the failures at QB & without that QB to run Marty's WCO, even a Top-5 defense doesn't stand a prayer of keeping the team in games - yet SOMEHOW they have been able to remain competitive in 4 of the last 5 games.
    SD is just on a career-year roll by Rivers or the defense might have even had a prayer of staying close in that game as well, if Mr. Smith has shown even a glimpse of NFL QB talent at some point during the game.
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12826
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Post by football51 on Sat 11 Oct 2014 - 16:13

    HYATT™ wrote:Notre Dame's Brian Kelly's résumé is so top-heavily loaded with success it's unfathomable to HYATT­™ why he isn't ALREADY an NFL HC.
    That said, Rex is still HYATT™'s top candidate to be back in G&W in 2015.
    I can find no logical way to blame him for the failures at QB & without that QB to run Marty's WCO, even a Top-5 defense doesn't stand a prayer of keeping the team in games - yet SOMEHOW they have been able to remain competitive in 4 of the last 5 games.
    SD is just on a career-year roll by Rivers or the defense might have even had a prayer of staying close in that game as well, if Mr. Smith has shown even a glimpse of NFL QB talent at some point during the game.




    Or Mr. Vick who didn't even bother to take his preparation seriously.


    as for Ryan, there is no excuse for playing guys who aren't physically able to perform(he's been doing it for years), horrible/lack of adjustments(he had Harris covering Golden Tate when we played Detroit and Stafford hit Tate on all 7 attempts against Harris), lack of discipline, lack of preparation, and having no interest at all about anything other than defense(turned his head set off in Green Bay while we were on offense and MM couldn't get to him....... result...... time out debacle, the turmoil with Holmes,etc. Ryan is either clueless or doesn't give a damn. Either one is an issue.) He's had two excellent seasons here and the rest average or below. He's a defensive coordinator playing the role of HC.

    LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 190
    Points : 3844
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Post by LIJETFAN on Mon 13 Oct 2014 - 9:51

    I'm a Rex fan, but it's time to start over. I don't think anyone here blames Rex for the personnel on the field, that falls on Idzik. And players play hard for Rex. But, the bottom line is the season is over in week 6. The Jets would have to pull one of the greatest turnarounds in NFL history to even be relevant this season, let alone make the playoffs. I think the team will play hard for Rex throughout the season, and they will win a few games here and there. Maybe they go 5-11, 6-10, something like that.

    Now, the GM won't be fired, even though he is just as responsible for this mess as the HC, so someone needs to go. Unfortunately, it will be Rex. It's just time for a change. I said on another thread that I would fire everyone and start over completely given the track record thus far. But that won't happen.

    At the very least, I would expect a new HC and changes to the personnel department at a minimum, and how personnel is handled. I think there needs to be a balance between the coach and the GM and they need to be on the same page. I am not sure that Rex and Idzik were ever on the same page in that department. Looking at how this roster is constructed, I would say they are not. Speaking of which, I think the offensive line is also in dire need of a rebuild. So we should add that to the list of To Do's for Idzik and the new HC.
    avatar
    SackExchange
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1092
    Points : 42364
    Join date : 2014-08-29
    Age : 42

    Re: Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Post by SackExchange on Mon 13 Oct 2014 - 12:45

    I think all of this about Rex is true. He is very good at defensive schemes, and players play hard for him.

    But players don't play smart for him, and they don't prepare hard. Players want to play for him because he's a players' coach. He always has their back, and he doesn't push them too hard. But just like with a hardliner, eventually players tune out the same message over and over. That's where we are with Rex.

    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 187
    Points : 4269
    Join date : 2014-09-04
    Age : 67
    Location : Scottsdale AZ

    Re: Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Post by soj on Mon 13 Oct 2014 - 13:10

    SackExchange wrote:I think all of this about Rex is true. He is very good at defensive schemes, and players play hard for him.

    But players don't play smart for him, and they don't prepare hard. Players want to play for him because he's a players' coach. He always has their back, and he doesn't push them too hard. But just like with a hardliner, eventually players tune out the same message over and over. That's where we are with Rex.

    Well your right of course but I wonder what woody sees? The team
    that didn't show up in SD or a team that has been in every game?

    can he be happy with the fact that our new GM whiffed on CB and WR which has resulted in mediocrity at best.

     Result is a team that has  marginal talent in key areas, more injuries coupled with your comments  and we have 1-5 soon to be 1-6 team.
    avatar
    SackExchange
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1092
    Points : 42364
    Join date : 2014-08-29
    Age : 42

    Re: Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Post by SackExchange on Mon 13 Oct 2014 - 13:14

    soj wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:I think all of this about Rex is true. He is very good at defensive schemes, and players play hard for him.

    But players don't play smart for him, and they don't prepare hard. Players want to play for him because he's a players' coach. He always has their back, and he doesn't push them too hard. But just like with a hardliner, eventually players tune out the same message over and over. That's where we are with Rex.

    Well your right of course but I wonder what woody sees? The team
    that didn't show up in SD or a team that has been in every game?

    can he be happy with the fact that our new GM whiffed on CB and WR which has resulted in mediocrity at best.

     Result is a team that has  marginal talent in key areas, more injuries coupled with your comments  and we have 1-5 soon to be 1-6 team.
    You may be right. Rex was not given the kind of team that could really compete this year. Rex was always Woody's guy, and Idzik inherited him.

    I'd like to think that Idzik did not allow for so many holes because he wanted to bring in his coach. But we'll see. If Idzik is more aggressive with the cap space the Jets have next year, that may point to him having taken out Rex's knees.

    Still, in all likelihood, Rex is gone and Idzik stays, at least long enough to bring in his coach and turn it around with his plan.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19484
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Post by Superman55 on Mon 13 Oct 2014 - 22:56

    Interesting Free Agents:

    WRs: Torrey Smith, Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker, Randall Cobb, Jeremy Maclin, Reggie Wayne, Hakeem Nicks, Denairious Moore, and Michael Crabtree.

    OG: Mike Iupatti SF and Clint Boling OG Bengals

    3-4 OLBs: Justin Houston, Jason Worilds, and Brian Orakpo

    CBs: A. Cromartie Cards, Tramone Williams GB, Derek Cox Min, Tarell Brown Oak, and Walter Thurmond Giants
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10603
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Post by NickSINYC on Tue 14 Oct 2014 - 5:20

    Superman55 wrote:Interesting Free Agents:

    WRs: Torrey Smith, Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker, Randall Cobb, Jeremy Maclin, Reggie Wayne, Hakeem Nicks, Denairious Moore, and Michael Crabtree.

    OG: Mike Iupatti SF and Clint Boling OG Bengals

    3-4 OLBs: Justin Houston, Jason Worilds, and Brian Orakpo

    CBs: A. Cromartie Cards, Tramone Williams GB, Derek Cox Min, Tarell Brown Oak, and Walter Thurmond Giants  
    Not sure why this is in the possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches thread
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19484
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Post by Superman55 on Tue 14 Oct 2014 - 8:05

    NickSINYC wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:Interesting Free Agents:

    WRs: Torrey Smith, Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker, Randall Cobb, Jeremy Maclin, Reggie Wayne, Hakeem Nicks, Denairious Moore, and Michael Crabtree.

    OG: Mike Iupatti SF and Clint Boling OG Bengals

    3-4 OLBs: Justin Houston, Jason Worilds, and Brian Orakpo

    CBs: A. Cromartie Cards, Tramone Williams GB, Derek Cox Min, Tarell Brown Oak, and Walter Thurmond Giants  
    Not sure why this is in the possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches thread

    Sorry, I was tying it into the discussion if Idzik will get his coach more tools than he gave Rex; well, these would be the possible tools
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10603
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Post by NickSINYC on Tue 14 Oct 2014 - 8:32

    Superman55 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:Interesting Free Agents:

    WRs: Torrey Smith, Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker, Randall Cobb, Jeremy Maclin, Reggie Wayne, Hakeem Nicks, Denairious Moore, and Michael Crabtree.

    OG: Mike Iupatti SF and Clint Boling OG Bengals

    3-4 OLBs: Justin Houston, Jason Worilds, and Brian Orakpo

    CBs: A. Cromartie Cards, Tramone Williams GB, Derek Cox Min, Tarell Brown Oak, and Walter Thurmond Giants  
    Not sure why this is in the possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches thread

    Sorry, I was tying it into the discussion if Idzik will get his coach more tools than he gave Rex; well, these would be the possible tools
    I agree Idzik has not been perfect No GM is I just want more time to decide about him It really is too soon
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19484
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Post by Superman55 on Tue 14 Oct 2014 - 8:43

    NickSINYC wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:Interesting Free Agents:

    WRs: Torrey Smith, Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker, Randall Cobb, Jeremy Maclin, Reggie Wayne, Hakeem Nicks, Denairious Moore, and Michael Crabtree.

    OG: Mike Iupatti SF and Clint Boling OG Bengals

    3-4 OLBs: Justin Houston, Jason Worilds, and Brian Orakpo

    CBs: A. Cromartie Cards, Tramone Williams GB, Derek Cox Min, Tarell Brown Oak, and Walter Thurmond Giants  
    Not sure why this is in the possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches thread

    Sorry, I was tying it into the discussion if Idzik will get his coach more tools than he gave Rex; well, these would be the possible tools
    I agree Idzik has not been perfect No GM is I just want more time to decide about him It really is too soon

    Well, I don't know how many plates of crap you need to eat before you decide to hire a new chef, but I'll give him one more shot to make a plat of food that doesn't resemble and taste like feces.

    I just see too many people who keep eating plates of feces and make faces like it tastes good as the team gets creamated on a weekly basis.

    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10603
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Post by NickSINYC on Tue 14 Oct 2014 - 8:52

    Superman55 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:Interesting Free Agents:

    WRs: Torrey Smith, Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker, Randall Cobb, Jeremy Maclin, Reggie Wayne, Hakeem Nicks, Denairious Moore, and Michael Crabtree.

    OG: Mike Iupatti SF and Clint Boling OG Bengals

    3-4 OLBs: Justin Houston, Jason Worilds, and Brian Orakpo

    CBs: A. Cromartie Cards, Tramone Williams GB, Derek Cox Min, Tarell Brown Oak, and Walter Thurmond Giants  
    Not sure why this is in the possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches thread

    Sorry, I was tying it into the discussion if Idzik will get his coach more tools than he gave Rex; well, these would be the possible tools
    I agree Idzik has not been perfect No GM is I just want more time to decide about him It really is too soon

    Well, I don't know how many plates of crap you need to eat before you decide to hire a new chef, but I'll give him one more shot to make a plat of food that doesn't resemble and taste like feces.

    I just see too many people who keep eating plates of feces and make faces like it tastes good as the team gets creamated on a weekly basis.

    I just think he was handicapped from the start with Rex and his drafted players need more time to be properly evaluated.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19484
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Post by Superman55 on Tue 14 Oct 2014 - 9:30

    NickSINYC wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:Interesting Free Agents:

    WRs: Torrey Smith, Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker, Randall Cobb, Jeremy Maclin, Reggie Wayne, Hakeem Nicks, Denairious Moore, and Michael Crabtree.

    OG: Mike Iupatti SF and Clint Boling OG Bengals

    3-4 OLBs: Justin Houston, Jason Worilds, and Brian Orakpo

    CBs: A. Cromartie Cards, Tramone Williams GB, Derek Cox Min, Tarell Brown Oak, and Walter Thurmond Giants  
    Not sure why this is in the possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches thread

    Sorry, I was tying it into the discussion if Idzik will get his coach more tools than he gave Rex; well, these would be the possible tools
    I agree Idzik has not been perfect No GM is I just want more time to decide about him It really is too soon

    Well, I don't know how many plates of crap you need to eat before you decide to hire a new chef, but I'll give him one more shot to make a plat of food that doesn't resemble and taste like feces.

    I just see too many people who keep eating plates of feces and make faces like it tastes good as the team gets creamated on a weekly basis.

    I just think he was handicapped from the start with Rex and his drafted players need more time to be properly evaluated.

    Me too, that's while I'll let him serve up one more crap sandwich. At least the guy who comes in after him will have a good cap situation to work with.
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12826
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Post by football51 on Tue 14 Oct 2014 - 14:31

    55, I can't remember the article that you linked back on the Scout board, but it noted that Idzik spent every day talking to Greg Roman at the 2013 Combine prior to that day's workouts. It said that the two were close. I think the two favorites for the job next year are Quinn and Roman. Here's hoping for early playoff exits for both Cool .
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19484
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Post by Superman55 on Tue 14 Oct 2014 - 14:40

    football51 wrote:55, I can't remember the article that you linked back on the Scout board, but it noted that Idzik spent every day talking to Greg Roman at the 2013 Combine prior to that day's workouts. It said that the two were close. I think the two favorites for the job next year are Quinn and Roman. Here's hoping for early playoff exits for both Cool .

    This isn't it, but says the same thing.

    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/tag/_/name/bill-obrien

    3. Greg Roman, San Francisco 49ers, offensive coordinator: Spies say Idzik spent time with Roman at the scouting combine last February. They've never worked together, but Roman is a rising name in the coaching ranks. It helps having Jim Harbaugh as a mentor. Roman grew up in the Atlantic City area.

    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12826
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Post by football51 on Tue 14 Oct 2014 - 14:50

    Superman55 wrote:
    football51 wrote:55, I can't remember the article that you linked back on the Scout board, but it noted that Idzik spent every day talking to Greg Roman at the 2013 Combine prior to that day's workouts. It said that the two were close. I think the two favorites for the job next year are Quinn and Roman. Here's hoping for early playoff exits for both Cool .

    This isn't it, but says the same thing.

    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/tag/_/name/bill-obrien

    3. Greg Roman, San Francisco 49ers, offensive coordinator: Spies say Idzik spent time with Roman at the scouting combine last February. They've never worked together, but Roman is a rising name in the coaching ranks. It helps having Jim Harbaugh as a mentor. Roman grew up in the Atlantic City area.





    Thanks.......... and he's a local guy like Quinn too.
    avatar
    SackExchange
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1092
    Points : 42364
    Join date : 2014-08-29
    Age : 42

    Re: Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Post by SackExchange on Tue 14 Oct 2014 - 15:04

    Greg Roman, huh? I knew his stock was rising, but didn't know about the connections he made with Idzik.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19484
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Post by Superman55 on Tue 14 Oct 2014 - 15:22

    SackExchange wrote:Greg Roman, huh? I knew his stock was rising, but didn't know about the connections he made with Idzik.

    Yeah, Idzik's first draft, there were reports that Roman and idzik were seen together a lot at the combine.  It was weird since they never worked together and Idzik was in Seattle to Roman's 9ers; so again, no connection.

    Obviously, there was a connection, one the media doesn't know about.  Anyway, it would be interesting if he's brought in.  He's definitely a hot name and the name always linked to SF if Harbough returns to Michigan (he's too arrogant for that, IMO).  Harbough would be an AWESOME college coach though.  He does alright in the NFL I guess though.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19484
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Post by Superman55 on Tue 14 Oct 2014 - 15:52

    The product on the field says otherwise...

    Rex Ryan insists Jets aren’t dysfunctional

    Posted by Mike Florio on October 14, 2014, 2:46 PM EDT
    Rex
    Getty Images
    The Jets have plummeted to 1-5, losing a quintet of games in a row after barely beating the 0-5 Raiders. Along the way, they’ve had a starting quarterback drop a pair of “F” bombs on the home fans and miss a meeting the night before a blowout loss, and then the backup admitted he wasn’t ready when the starter was benched at halftime of the blowout loss.

    So the Jets aren’t functioning properly. Which makes them, by definition, dysfunctional. Which prompted a member of the New England media during a Tuesday conference call to ask coach Rex Ryan a question that presumed the existence of dysfunction.

    “Every year,” the question went, “it seems to descend into some level of chaos down there, but up here, things don’t get as weird and dysfunctional. Do you ever look up here and think that there has to be a different way of doing things so it doesn’t get so off the rails?”

    Rex wasn’t willing to concede that things aren’t functioning properly.

    “Saying it’s dysfunctional I think is maybe a perception you guys have, but it’s certainly not the case here,” Ryan said. “We haven’t won as much as we want, clearly. But shoot, this is far from a dysfunctional team. Again, you’ll see it when we get there [Thursday night]. This is a good football team. We just haven’t produced the wins yet.”

    A good football team scores at least one point in each of its games. (The Jets scored none against the Chargers nine days ago.) A good football team wins more than one out of six games. A good football team has a quarterback who never misses a meeting and who never drops “F” bombs on the home fans. A good football team has a backup quarterback who is ready to play whenever called upon, and who’d never admit it if for some reason he weren’t prepared.

    The Jets aren’t a good football team. They’re not functioning properly. They’re dysfunctional.

    The sooner the Jets admit it and act on it, the sooner they’ll fix it.
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12826
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Post by football51 on Tue 14 Oct 2014 - 15:57

    Florio said: "A good football team scores at least one point in each of its games. "






    I'm sure his article on the NY Giants is on the way Rolling Eyes .
    avatar
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 405
    Points : 11702
    Join date : 2014-09-06
    Location : Howard Beach, Queens NEW YORK....SON!

    Re: Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Post by NYJETSDAN16 on Sun 26 Oct 2014 - 19:23

    Harbaugh...please!!!
    avatar
    SackExchange
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1092
    Points : 42364
    Join date : 2014-08-29
    Age : 42

    Re: Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Post by SackExchange on Sun 26 Oct 2014 - 20:24

    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:Harbaugh...please!!!
    Doubt it happens. And I'm not sure if he's an Idzik guy, anyway.

    Bevell? Depends on the Harvin situation. Maybe Quinn. Maybe Roman. Maybe someone we aren't even considering.

    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

    Posts : 401
    Points : 2855
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Post by Blindsidebrick on Sun 26 Oct 2014 - 20:44

    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:Harbaugh...please!!!

    Harbaugh is a pain in the rear, and doesn't get along with the 49ers front office. Also, some key players tolerate him, but are sick of his act.

    I'd pass.
    avatar
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 685
    Points : 13304
    Join date : 2014-08-28
    Location : Alabama

    Re: Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Post by Sarge on Sun 26 Oct 2014 - 21:52

    Pat Shurmur? Bevell? Greg Roman? Hue Jackson? Art Briles? Kevin Sumlin? David Shaw? James Franklin? Jumbo Fisher? Brian Bilick? Bob Stoops? Gary Kubiak? Greg schiano? James Franklin?John Gruden? Bill Cowher? Rob Chudzinski? Tony Dungy?

    WilliesDad
    Honorary Test Pilot
    Honorary Test Pilot

    Posts : 61
    Points : 1651
    Join date : 2014-09-07
    Location : Northern VA

    Re: Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Post by WilliesDad on Sun 26 Oct 2014 - 22:17

    Does anyone know if Idzik's news conference scheduled for tomorrow was previously planned?

    Sponsored content

    Re: Possible 2015 Jets Head Coaches

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu 17 Aug 2017 - 15:33