Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+19
hobson54
NCgreen12
Old#15
jetkwondo
danfran
Lakerfan1980
jamesfyo123
soj
NickSINYC
SackExchange
football51
Sarge
The Wicker Man
Metjetgal
Blindsidebrick
WilliesDad
Superman55
NYJETSDAN16
Atljet60
23 posters

New York Jets @ San Diego Chargers - 4:25 PM (CBS)

NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

New York Jets @ San Diego Chargers - 4:25 PM (CBS) - Page 2 Empty Re: New York Jets @ San Diego Chargers - 4:25 PM (CBS)

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 19:45

football51 wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:I must admit, i like the fact that Geno is upset. He bitched out a fan and began to get testy with the media. This game may be the epitomy of what he's all about.
    A part of me is rooting for him to prove me and many wrong about him, hoping that he can chanel all this rage inside of him to have a break out game.  Yet, by the way he just turns the ball over every game demonstrates that's what he is, a mediocre QB IMHO.

I hope he turns it around, i truly and honestly do.  I want to eat crow so badly on this one fellas.

I don't know Dan.......... you've drawn this conclusion on Smith after 20 games, but was predicting a 65% completion, 30 td performance for Sanchez prior to the 2013 season after watching him turn the ball over constantly for 4 seasons. You looked for any sliver of hope to give him the benefit of the doubt. Now, I was wrong about Sanchez too( I'm horrible with qb's), but it seems odd that in every thread you have such a strong anti- Smith sentiment.

The guy isnt ready to lead an nfl team my man. I say that with conviction because he has the talent, it's evident.  But the game is just too fast for him.  I strong;y feel he would benefit by watching the game from the sideline as a veteran takes the helm.  Let him get experience from another perspective.

Steve McNair, Steve Young, Chad Pennington, Drew Brees, Tony Romo, Kurt Warner, Brett Favre Aaron Rodgers and many more leared more from the sidelines up until their number was called.  I feel the same for Smith. He is just not ready at this moment in his career.  He keeps making the same mistake over and over.  In all honesty, including myself are probably jumping the gun too quickly on him because he hasn't had a chance to have the game slow down for him.  
    What if Favre was judged in his 1 year in Atlanta when he played his first game vs the Redskins? He'd be considered a bust, yet backing up Chris Miller helped his progression then backing up Don Majikowski.

Many want to leave SMith in there the rest of the year and feel it be detrimental to his psychy to pull him and learn from Vick.  I beg to differ.  Let him watch Mike and see how he operates Marty's system.  Maybe, just maybe it will click for Geno when his number is called again, because lets face it, Vick wont be healthy for the rest of the season.  He's always one hit away from injury.

If Geno struggles, Rex must pull him in favor of Mike.  IMHO, may be the smartest thing the coaching staff can do in helping to develop Geno.  Hey it's worlked for so many others before him. If Rex continues to leave him out there, all his talents & confidence will burn to the ground. No matter how valiant Geno wants to sound in the papers.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

New York Jets @ San Diego Chargers - 4:25 PM (CBS) - Page 2 Empty Re: New York Jets @ San Diego Chargers - 4:25 PM (CBS)

Post by Superman55 Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 9:19

Gil Brandt and the weekend show frying Jets right now on Sirius saying Idzik and Rex have created a team a sliver better than Oakland and Jax. They predict the Jets get killed this weekend due to be talent deficient, like Oakland Jax. They pointed out how we have $20 mill in the bank and only 3 of 12 picks even active on Sundays, Milliner being a bad pick and giving Geno nothing to work with but a 1 WR with an injured hammy. They predict a stomp out this weekend, similar to our last game vs Rivers where he went 18/25 with 3 TDs.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 9:28

Superman55 wrote:Gil Brandt and the weekend show frying Jets right now on Sirius saying Idzik and Rex have created a team a sliver better than Oakland and Jax.  They predict the Jets get killed this weekend due to be talent deficient, like Oakland Jax.  They pointed out how we have $20 mill in the bank and only 3 of 12 picks even active on Sundays, Milliner being a bad pick and giving Geno nothing to work with but a 1 WR with an injured hammy.  They predict a stomp out this weekend, similar to our last game vs Rivers where he went 18/25 with 3 TDs.

Gil Brandt, lol.  He may change his mind if there's a switch at QB.
    Reports like this make me laugh and laugh hard. Ask JAX and Oakland if they'd prefer our defensive front over theirs. Ask JAX & Oaklan if they'd prefer our backfield over theirs. Ask JAX & Oakland which locker room is tightlier knit more than this Jets team.
    Better question, ask those true garbage teams that have more holes than us if they'd switch with us in a heart beat.
    Those teams have had horrible and none productive tenures and GM/Coaching changes over and over. Yet we've been consistent with Rex. Idzik is in his second year and we want to judge him now?

Funny how you cherry pick 55.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 10:09

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:Gil Brandt and the weekend show frying Jets right now on Sirius saying Idzik and Rex have created a team a sliver better than Oakland and Jax.  They predict the Jets get killed this weekend due to be talent deficient, like Oakland Jax.  They pointed out how we have $20 mill in the bank and only 3 of 12 picks even active on Sundays, Milliner being a bad pick and giving Geno nothing to work with but a 1 WR with an injured hammy.  They predict a stomp out this weekend, similar to our last game vs Rivers where he went 18/25 with 3 TDs.

Reports like this make me laugh and laugh hard. Ask JAX and Oakland if they'd prefer our defensive front over theirs.  Ask JAX & Oaklan if they'd prefer our backfield over theirs.  Ask JAX & Oakland which locker room is tightlier knit more than this Jets team.
    Better question, ask those true garbage teams that have more holes than us if they'd switch with us in a heart beat.
    Those teams have had horrible and none productive tenures and GM/Coaching changes over and over.  Yet we've been consistent with Rex. Idzik is in his second year and we want to judge him now?

You're obsessed with me almost as much as Hobson. Dude, hang off my tea bag a little more. It's not a monkey bar.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 10:18

Superman55 wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:

Reports like this make me laugh and laugh hard. Ask JAX and Oakland if they'd prefer our defensive front over theirs.  Ask JAX & Oaklan if they'd prefer our backfield over theirs.  Ask JAX & Oakland which locker room is tightlier knit more than this Jets team.
    Those teams have had horrible and none productive tenures and GM/Coaching changes over and over.  Yet we've been consistent with Rex. Idzik is in his second year and we want to judge him now?

You're obsessed with me almost as much as Hobson.  Dude, hang off my tea bag a little more.  It's not a monkey bar.

I can't have a civilized arguemnt with you?  You do know that this is a forum right?
    (I find it cute though when you get upset Smile  It's like you run out of things to say instead of properly making an intellectual rebuttle.
    i.e Remarks like you just posted and your Memes)
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 11:48

I really disagree with Milliner being called a bad pick. He closed out his rookie season winning the defensive rookie of the month award, then got banged up in camp this summer. The Giants Prince Amukamara suffered from injuries early on when he was drafted too, and now is emerging as one of the better cb's in the league and easily the best on his own team.

At this point, we haven't been blown out at all, so predicting a blowout just seems like more typical media hyperbole and piling on. I'm not saying that it can't happen, but there's no evidence through four games to suggest that it would.

I can't remember, but wasn't it a close game the last time we played the Chargers(regardless of how many td's Rivers tossed)?
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 12:22

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:

You're obsessed with me almost as much as Hobson.  Dude, hang off my tea bag a little more.  It's not a monkey bar.

I can't have a civilized arguemnt with you?  You do know that this is a forum right?
    (I find it cute though when you get upset Smile  It's like you run out of things to say instead of properly making an intellectual rebuttle.
    i.e Remarks like you just posted and your Memes)

You're honestly not intelligent enough to get into a debate with. Every thread you contradict yourself. Every single thread, regardless of topic, you post the exact same thing, "Everything wrong with this team is due to Geno Smith but I love John Idzik despite drafting Geno and the fact he's forcing my all time least favorite NFL player to start every week for my favorite football team." You bitch about the same thing in every thread, even when the thread has nothing to do with Geno. You're lucky I even waste my time posting a picture. Just another Internet tough guy with teenage brain cells wasting my time.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 15:37

From espnnewyork.com

"Rivers is flowing: The Jets certainly have a lot of respect for Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers, evidenced by all the superlatives emanating from One Jets Drive, but know this: They expect to put him on the ground. The pass rush is smoking (a league-leading 14 sacks) and, unlike the previous four quarterbacks on the schedule, Rivers isn't a threat to run. Rex Ryan has a good feel for Rivers and his tendencies, and it shows in the stats: Rivers is 2-2 against the Ryan-coached Jets, with seven touchdowns and five interceptions. The Chargers are down to their third center, so look for the Jets to pressure up the middle, hoping to obstruct Rivers' vision and maybe knock down a pass or two. He's 6-foot-5, but his release point tends to drop. Who knows? Maybe the Jets will actually intercept a pass."

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 15:37

From the legendary jackass Mike Florio:

Jets at Chargers

1. When will we see Mike Vick?

Pretty soon, unless coach Rex Ryan truly has no control over the quarterback position. And with owner Woody Johnson declaring this week that he believes Geno Smith can be a franchise quarterback, it’s possible that the powers-that-be have supplied Ryan with an edict that he shalt not bench Geno. If, in return, Rex has received a guarantee that he won’t be held responsible for a season that is teetering close to the brink, then it would be hard for him to complain.

2. How bad is the Chargers’ running game?

It’s not great, due to injuries to Ryan Mathews and Danny Woodhead. Donald Brown hasn’t gotten it done, and the interior of the offensive line bears plenty of the blame. Fortunately for the Chargers, quarterback Philip Rivers has bailed out the anemic rushing attack, which is averaging a league-low 2.4 yards per carry. Which could be the best argument in favor for Rivers’ MVP candidacy.

3. How far can the Chargers go?

Not very far if they can’t run the ball in January. But this team, largely overlooked after an unlikely playoff berth in 2013, has a special feel to it. Not intimidated by the Broncos and good enough to beat them in Denver, the Chargers ultimately could swipe both the division title and the top seed in the playoffs, for the first time since they squandered the No. 1 with a Schottenheimer-killing home loss to the Patriots in early 2007.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 15:39

3:00
    PM ET
    By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com
    01COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
    Recent history tells us the New York Jets are more comfortable in San Diego than Ron Burgundy.

Rex Ryan won a playoff game at Qualcomm Stadium in his first season, 2009. Herm Edwards did it in 2004. Two years earlier, the Jets -- 2-5 and on the verge of imploding -- made the long trip and routed the heavily-favored San Diego Chargers, a season-turning victory that led to the AFC East title. The win came a few days after Edwards' now-famous "You-play-to-win-the-game-speech." Who knew it would be immortalized with a beer commercial?

The current Jets (1-3), mired in a three-game losing streak, need to recapture the spirit of '02. The pressure is mounting in the locker room, evidenced by a players-only meeting on offense. Geno Smith was the primary speaker at the meeting, according to sources, which may have been a power play to show everyone he's the boss and not concerned about losing his job to Michael Vick.

"For as much as people think we're dead, I like where we stand," linebacker Calvin Pace said.

They're only one game behind the AFC East leaders, so there's that. Nevertheless, the Jets are desperate for a win. Kickoff is 4:25 ET. The top storylines:

1. Go West, young Geno: This will be the 60th start of Smith's career, college and pro, but his first in the Pacific time zone. The Jets can only hope this trip to California is smoother than the one he took last January (see: flight-attendant altercation). After a rough week, he's under enormous pressure to save his job and get the offense righted -- only four touchdown drives in the last 10 quarters. Smith said he's "100 percent, locked in," but last Sunday's incident with the heckler makes you wonder.

It's probably a good thing this game is on the road, 3,000 miles away from the angry fan base. (A funny aside: At Wednesday's practice, a Lenny Kravitz song blared from the sideline speakers: "I want to get away/I want to fly away.") For Smith, it's all about ball security. The Jets have a minus-6 turnover margin, tied for the worst in the league. Smith has to watch for safety Eric Weddle, whom guard Willie Colon described as "Polamalu-esque." And he wasn't referring to his hair.

2. Disappearing weapons: Smith could be surrounded by a patchwork receiving corps, a storyline straight out of 2013. Eric Decker (hamstring) and David Nelson (ankle) are question marks, which means Greg Salas probably will join Jeremy Kerley in the rotation. Newbie T.J. Graham got a lot of work in practice and could be active for the game, making his Jets debut. It's a tough spot for Smith, because he missed practice time with Decker and Nelson, and he has no chemistry with Graham.

No matter who lines up at receiver, they have to get rookie tight end Jace Amaro (eight catches in the last two games) more involved. Coordinator Marty Mornhinweg hinted that could happen. Amaro brings an after-the-catch dimension, which could spark the offense.

3. Focus, man, focus: One of the topics that came up in the players-only meeting was the alarming number of mental mistakes, mainly the lack-of-focus penalties. The Jets have eight false-start penalties, the third-most in the league -- and that's particularly troubling because they've played three games at home. The leading culprits are right tackle Breno Giacomini (three) and Colon (two). It can get loud at Qualcomm, so they probably will rely on a silent count. It's all about communication and concentration. The Jets play well in stretches (11th in total offense), but as Colon said: "You can't start out hot and, come the fourth quarter, we're nowhere to be seen."

4. Rivers is flowing: The Jets certainly have a lot of respect for Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers, evidenced by all the superlatives emanating from One Jets Drive, but know this: They expect to put him on the ground. The pass rush is smoking (a league-leading 14 sacks) and, unlike the previous four quarterbacks on the schedule, Rivers isn't a threat to run. Rex Ryan has a good feel for Rivers and his tendencies, and it shows in the stats: Rivers is 2-2 against the Ryan-coached Jets, with seven touchdowns and five interceptions. The Chargers are down to their third center, so look for the Jets to pressure up the middle, hoping to obstruct Rivers' vision and maybe knock down a pass or two. He's 6-foot-5, but his release point tends to drop. Who knows? Maybe the Jets will actually intercept a pass.

5. Multiples threats: The Chargers' passing game is hard to defend because Rivers attacks all areas of the field. He spreads it around to four primary weapons -- Keenan Allen, Antonio Gates, Malcom Floyd and Eddie Royal, who has four touchdowns in the last two games. They will test the depth of the Jets' secondary, which welcomes back Dee Milliner. Rivers is throwing more short passes than ever, but his ability to go deep is causing the greatest concern for the Jets.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 16:58

TOJ game thoughts plus acknowledging one of Ryan's biggest flaws(loyalty).

http://turnonthejets.com/2014/10/nimbletv-turn-jets-12-pack-jets-vs-chargers-predictions/
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 17:28

football51 wrote:TOJ game thoughts plus acknowledging one of Ryan's biggest flaws(loyalty).

http://turnonthejets.com/2014/10/nimbletv-turn-jets-12-pack-jets-vs-chargers-predictions/

I have given up all hope that he will learn and change. It is one of a few but the biggest flaw that will eventually cause him to lose his job.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 19:50

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    football51 wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:I must admit, i like the fact that Geno is upset. He bitched out a fan and began to get testy with the media. This game may be the epitomy of what he's all about.
    A part of me is rooting for him to prove me and many wrong about him, hoping that he can chanel all this rage inside of him to have a break out game.  Yet, by the way he just turns the ball over every game demonstrates that's what he is, a mediocre QB IMHO.

I hope he turns it around, i truly and honestly do.  I want to eat crow so badly on this one fellas.

I don't know Dan.......... you've drawn this conclusion on Smith after 20 games, but was predicting a 65% completion, 30 td performance for Sanchez prior to the 2013 season after watching him turn the ball over constantly for 4 seasons. You looked for any sliver of hope to give him the benefit of the doubt. Now, I was wrong about Sanchez too( I'm horrible with qb's), but it seems odd that in every thread you have such a strong anti- Smith sentiment.

The guy isnt ready to lead an nfl team my man. I say that with conviction because he has the talent, it's evident.  But the game is just too fast for him.  I strong;y feel he would benefit by watching the game from the sideline as a veteran takes the helm.  Let him get experience from another perspective.

Steve McNair, Steve Young, Chad Pennington, Drew Brees, Tony Romo, Kurt Warner, Brett Favre Aaron Rodgers and many more leared more from the sidelines up until their number was called.  I feel the same for Smith. He is just not ready at this moment in his career.  He keeps making the same mistake over and over.  In all honesty, including myself are probably jumping the gun too quickly on him because he hasn't had a chance to have the game slow down for him.  
    What if Favre was judged in his 1 year in Atlanta when he played his first game vs the Redskins? He'd be considered a bust, yet backing up Chris Miller helped his progression then backing up Don Majikowski.

Many want to leave SMith in there the rest of the year and feel it be detrimental to his psychy to pull him and learn from Vick.  I beg to differ.  Let him watch Mike and see how he operates Marty's system.  Maybe, just maybe it will click for Geno when his number is called again, because lets face it, Vick wont be healthy for the rest of the season.  He's always one hit away from injury.

If Geno struggles, Rex must pull him in favor of Mike.  IMHO, may be the smartest thing the coaching staff can do in helping to develop Geno.  Hey it's worlked for so many others before him.  If Rex continues to leave him out there, all his talents & confidence will burn to the ground. No matter how valiant Geno wants to sound in the papers.

What exactly could Geno learn from watching a guy who has a completion percentage under 60% and turns it over more than Geno does? Vick makes HORRIBLE decisions and only compensates with his physical abilities.

If you replace Geno with Vick, it's because you're trying to win games in 2014, at the expense of future years. It has NOTHING to do with teaching Geno anything.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 13:09

SackExchange wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    football51 wrote:

If Geno struggles, Rex must pull him in favor of Mike.  IMHO, may be the smartest thing the coaching staff can do in helping to develop Geno.  Hey it's worlked for so many others before him.  If Rex continues to leave him out there, all his talents & confidence will burn to the ground. No matter how valiant Geno wants to sound in the papers.

What exactly could Geno learn from watching a guy who has a completion percentage under 60% and turns it over more than Geno does? Vick makes HORRIBLE decisions and only compensates with his physical abilities.

If you replace Geno with Vick, it's because you're trying to win games in 2014, at the expense of future years. It has NOTHING to do with teaching Geno anything.

again, i respect your opinion, but i will respectfully disagree.  it has worked for so many other excellent QBs.
    This game will determine if Geno can turn it around or if it goes the way i feel it should.
    hopefully, geno turns it around.
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 14:07

If we do not run the ball we lose that simple..  and Sack I'll start today rant now - the, coaches, FO, personnel evaluators and owner are all idiots and should be fired... cyclops
    Atljet60
    Atljet60
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by Atljet60 Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 14:48

We have to eliminate mental errors: the false starts, the fumbles, the missed assignments. Trust the system and do their jobs and we'll be fine. 60 mins of football. If we make the fewest mistakes we have a good chance to take a win.
    Atljet60
    Atljet60
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by Atljet60 Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 14:58

Brian Costello @BrianCoz

RT @UTgehlken: Inactive for Chargers: WR Inman, CB Wright, C Ohrnberger, OLB Attaochu, OLB Walker, LB Te'o, RB Mathews
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 15:23

Enemkpali is active today, I expect at least 3 sacks on Rivers by IK
    Metjetgal
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Metjetgal Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 15:33

I really think Idzik said "whatever" about this upcoming season. If Rex can squeeze something out with the mediocre talent, great. If not, see ya. He wants to see what we have in Geno this season. I think he has a long term plan, but still sucks for us this yr. The we core, and the cb core are unacceptable. Really, really, bad job by Izik. cherry
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 16:36

Nice tackle by Pryor in run support
    jamesfyo123
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

Post by jamesfyo123 Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 16:38

Floyd's size advantage over Walls paying dividends for the Chargers
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 16:39

Definetly want to see what IK has to offer.
    jamesfyo123
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

Post by jamesfyo123 Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 16:41

Walls is getting abused early on by Floyd
    jamesfyo123
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

Post by jamesfyo123 Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 16:43

Gotta bounce back. Let's go O.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 16:43

that looked way too easy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 0:31