Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+19
hobson54
NCgreen12
Old#15
jetkwondo
danfran
Lakerfan1980
jamesfyo123
soj
NickSINYC
SackExchange
football51
Sarge
The Wicker Man
Metjetgal
Blindsidebrick
WilliesDad
Superman55
NYJETSDAN16
Atljet60
23 posters

New York Jets @ San Diego Chargers - 4:25 PM (CBS)

Lakerfan1980
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

New York Jets @ San Diego Chargers - 4:25 PM (CBS) - Page 10 Empty Re: New York Jets @ San Diego Chargers - 4:25 PM (CBS)

Post by Lakerfan1980 Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 19:27

The next coach better have speed in mind...this is one slow team and has been for a while. That's why we can't force turnovers.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

New York Jets @ San Diego Chargers - 4:25 PM (CBS) - Page 10 Empty Re: New York Jets @ San Diego Chargers - 4:25 PM (CBS)

Post by NickSINYC Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 19:29

soj wrote:Is there any feed for the post game HC speech... I like to try and listen to what Rex has to say.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 19:38

at least we accomplished something today we are the 1st team to get shut out this year
    Atljet60
    Atljet60
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by Atljet60 Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 19:46

Those asking for Vick should not be surprised at his performance. It wouldn't matter who was behind center today.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 19:48

NickSINYC wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:For what it's worth...it wasn't all Geno.

this was a total team loss

100%.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 19:56

Call me nuts, but I feel some how, Geno bounces back and showcases resiliency next game.
    Sometimes being benched fuels a player to showcase doubters wrong.
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 20:16

I just listen to Rex's New conf and had to laugh.  he is delusional in the sense that he thinks he has enough talent on this team... his words not mine.  I disagree totally. In addition, at least he admitted he was out coached... really.  Its apparent also he has NO answers....  

well 1-6 is a reality guys and I said it could get ugly and now it has... next up Denver who put a wippin on AZ .... sigh.
    Lakerfan1980
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by Lakerfan1980 Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 20:17

Atljet60 wrote:Those asking for Vick should not be surprised at his performance. It wouldn't matter who was behind center today.

I like the way Vick looks downfield when he does have time...and he's not afraid to let it go. Just maybe if Vick had gotten the call last week, at home, things could be different.

I
    danfran
    danfran
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

Post by danfran Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 20:28

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:For what it's worth...it wasn't all Geno.

this was a total team loss

100%.
    True. This was probably the worst game they will play all year.
    danfran
    danfran
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

Post by danfran Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 20:30

soj wrote:I just listen to Rex's New conf and  had to laugh.  he is delusional in the sense that he thinks he has enough talent on this team... his words not mine.  I disagree totally. In addition, at least he admitted he was out coached... really.  Its apparent also he has NO answers....  

well 1-6 is a reality guys and I said it could get ugly and now it has... next up Denver who put a wippin on AZ .... sigh.
    It's hard to believe, and this second was the 1st time I've thought it this year, but we are looking at a top 5 pick.
    Atljet60
    Atljet60
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by Atljet60 Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 20:30

What was Rex going to say besides what we heard? He took accountability for this game and he believes in and supports his players.
    Atljet60
    Atljet60
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by Atljet60 Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 20:34

Lakerfan1980 wrote:
    Atljet60 wrote:Those asking for Vick should not be surprised at his performance. It wouldn't matter who was behind center today.

I like the way Vick looks downfield when he does have time...and he's not afraid to let it go. Just maybe if Vick had gotten the call last week, at home, things could be different.

I

Many quarterbacks would look good when they have time to look over the field. Last week had similar problems: lack of discipline, missed coverages and blocks, unforced penalties, dropped passes. One player changed does not cure the rest of the mistakes.
    Lakerfan1980
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by Lakerfan1980 Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 20:38

It doesn't get any easier after the next two.  Buffalo was smart and turned their team over to a veteran, turn over prone journeymen.

Geno isn't the guy.
    Atljet60
    Atljet60
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by Atljet60 Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 20:44

If there's any consolation I'd like to see the Bengals pull one out tonight.
    Metjetgal
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Metjetgal Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 21:39

Geno and Vick both looked awful. Wr's do t get open and line is not giving qb time . This falls on Idzik, Rex, MM. Cb's suck. Idzik, Rex, Thurmon.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 0:00

Had they gone into this game 2-2, having won one of the last three, fine. But to come in after three tough, close losses and just get destroyed is inexplicable.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 6:50

SackExchange wrote:Had they gone into this game 2-2, having won one of the last three, fine. But to come in after three tough, close losses and just get destroyed is inexplicable.

I dont believe there is a worse managed, coached, or prepared to execute team in the NFL. I truly believe the Jags, Tampa, Texans, and Cleveland are better set up for long term success from the top down.
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 7:01

I'm so glad I wasn't able to watch this game. I dvr'd it, but I'm not going to bother to watch it. I was
    getting updates on my phone and decided to shut it down so I could concentrate on my daughter's soccer game.
    Best decision ever.

Hunter07
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by Hunter07 Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 7:10

Kinda doubt this is all on one guy (Gino) - looked like a "team effort" ....
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 7:16

Hunter07 wrote:Kinda doubt this is all on one guy (Gino) - looked like a "team effort" ....

This team has very little going for it and was stripped of any semblance or identity. We had no pass rush, we're not able to stop the run, couldn't run the ball, or complete a pass...every weakness on our team, from ability to select personnel, to the personnel being able to execute, and everything in between, was exposed as sub par, bottom of the NFL.

Our team has truly become Oakland Raiders East.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 7:37

Sirius is pointing out how disinterested Vick seems to be with being a Jet, whether a it's interviews, body language, or the way he plays. I hadn't really noticed it until they said it, but interesting take.

Is Mike McCoy the early favorite as coach of the year?

Philip Rivers is beating his chest this AM about how tough the chargers are now with Sunday's win as proof.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 8:15

The Jets were not ready to play yesterday and that falls squarely in the lap of Ryan. And no amount of "my bad" from the head coach makes me feel any better about it either. I'm not sure what's going on in the locker room or the practice field, but this team is ill-prepared to play on Sundays. How many highly drafted QBs and offensive coordinators do we have to go through before Woody realizes its the HC who is the problem? We have surrounded the defensive genius with #1 after #1 pick, and the defense still can't force turnovers or stop a team on 3rd down. What was it 3 90+ yard drives yesterday? If things don't get dramatically better in the games leading up to the bye, then Idzik should replace Ryan with an interim coach. The last thing we need is for this team to 'salvage' the season with garbage time wins and finish 7-9 or 8-8. Bring on a top 5 pick with a smart young coach who knows something about both sides of the ball.
    Metjetgal
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Metjetgal Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 8:36

The team lacks talent. I don't care who is the qb or coach. You are not winning with these wrs and these cbs. I'd be shocked if Rex isn't done. Team lacks discipline as usual. I really can't see him back next yr. Think we are looking at 3-13 and probably a top 3 pick. At the end of the day though, it's talent and we don't have it. Guys like Jeff Cumberland start. That's a huge issue.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 8:52

Metjetgal wrote:The team lacks talent. I don't care who is the qb or coach. You are not winning with these wrs and these cbs. I'd be shocked if Rex isn't done. Team lacks discipline as usual. I really can't see him back next yr. Think we are looking at 3-13 and probably a top 3 pick. At the end of the day though, it's talent and we don't have it. Guys like Jeff Cumberland start. That's a huge issue.

Well, I think blame falls equally on Rex and Idzik, but you're right, this team is desperately lacking in talent. I do agree with everyone who says we can't have the Mike T approach of throwing away picks to obtain players and over pay them. I feel we traded in the Redskins model for the Raiders model, where we draft poorly and no free agent will want to come here unless they're old and washed up and we over pay...anyone think Vick didn't come here because we were the only team willing to pay him $5 mill per season...

This team, from a GM standpoint, is bottom of the barrel, Idzik is making a career of the Richardson pick so far...he'll need to do better than that this offseason for it not to be his last.

I know everyone around here is preaching patience with Idzik, but the NFL is a results oriented business, and when your decisions don't lead to results on the field, you're not in this business very long. I hear a lot of the Mark Sanchez excuses being applied to our GM right now and it makes me sick to my stomach.

Even as a Geno fan, he's losing the locker room and fan base right now, I admit it is getting to the point to pull the plug on him and make him #2 and bring in someone who can possibly be a #1. People need to start thinking the same thing about our GM very quickly...he gets 1 more crack at this, this nonsense about 2 is exactly that, nonsense. If we win 3 games this year and again next year, Idzik should be on the street, period.
    LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by LIJETFAN Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 8:56

I haven't had time to post about yesterday's game until now.  I gave this a lot of thought.  There was a point in yesterday's game where this team hit absolutely rock bottom, everyone here knows the play.  The Jets had Rivers for a sack, he wiggles out of it and finds his RB wide open in the flat who then races what 40-50 yards before even being touched.  The game was spiraling out of control long before that, but that to me was the lowest point.  The Jets folded.  They were out coached, out played and out prepared in all three phases.  There were penalties, fumbles, missed tackles, overthrown passes, terrible situational play calls, I could go on and on.  

In a different thread, I made my opinions clear on the state of the roster, Idzik's approach to building the team, his successes and failures.  I've been a Rex supporter for a long time.  I think he is a very good defensive coach, who with talent could win a championship one day if he has the right offensive talent and coaching staff.  He's took the Jets to two AFC Championships, and those teams were great to watch.  They were tough and intimidating on defense, and physical on offense.  At one point we had the #1 Rushing attack and the #1 defense in football.  That's generally a championship combination.  So, he can win.  He has led his teams to playoff wins over Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Carlson Palmer.  All of that said, I'm sorry to say, it's time for Rex to go.

Rex is not responsible for the talent or lack thereof on this roster at certain positions.  He is not responsible for the draft or free agency.  He is not responsible for managing the cap.  He is not responsible for the brutal schedule the Jets had to open the season, so brutal it bordered on ridiculous. (I think the schedule-maker is a Pats fan).  But, he is responsible for how this team prepares and plays.  And, after watching the game yesterday, he lost this team across the board.  This is not an ascending team, it is a team on a downward spiral.   The Jets didn't show up yesterday in what was undoubtedly a must-win game.  Even if Rex managed to turn this season around and say go 7-9, it doesn't matter.  His time here was over yesterday.  I don't like to say it, because I like Rex.  But that was it.  The Jets would be wise to fire him now and put an interim coach in place.  Woody would never do that, but that would be the right decision.  The Jets need to start thinking about a new coach and new regime now.

And by the way, Idzik should be put on notice too.  He gets one more season in my opinion to see his plan come start to come to fruition, because right now it's hard to see exactly what that plan is.  I have never been a fan of Terry Bradway.  When he was a GM he was atrocious.  As a talent evaluator, his record is very mixed, just like these most recent drafts.  I believe it is time for him to go as well.  Bring in someone new with a fresh perspective.  He has been with the Jets since Herm Edwards was the coach.  Maybe it's time to find someone new there as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 18 Mar 2024 - 22:58