A New Community for Jets Fans


    Quinton Coples

    Share
    avatar
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 124
    Points : 8931
    Join date : 2014-09-11

    Quinton Coples

    Post by NCgreen12 on Tue 30 Sep 2014 - 14:03

    It's time someone has put the spotlight on Coples. Through 4 games he has 2 tackles, no assists and 1 sack (200 snaps). That should be unacceptable for anyone playing his position let alone a first round draft pick. I saw an article last week on how he strives to be great and is having a very good year and cite his top 5 in QB hurries (10 QB hurries through 4 games). This dude in my opinion does not pass the eye test during the game. In fact he has I dare to mention some Gholston qualities in him. His similarities are when he engages with the defensive lineman he tends to do a do-si-do instead if relentlessly trying to release and get to the QB or ball carrier. Don't see the fire or constant motor that you see from a Wake, Jones, Peppers, Miller, etc. Before you possibly disagree with me just key on him a couple of plays during a game.

    I'm not calling him the "B" word but I'm not gushing over him either. He should be playing better with the defensive line he has cause no one is double teaming him. He does need to step it up...

    lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 113
    Points : 3249
    Join date : 2014-09-10
    Age : 45
    Location : Las Vegas

    Re: Quinton Coples

    Post by lnap23 on Tue 30 Sep 2014 - 14:10

    Terrible assessment.... And believe me I have been watching him play.... Made several comments throughout each game when there was a bad pass, a sack or a rb loss of yardage stop how Coples made the playt by causing the disruption... I'm not sure what you are watching when you Watch Coples play this year.. He has blown up the line and caused QB's into the arms of the interior line..... He has lined up on WR's and knocked them off routes... He has been a major disruption in the running game... I am happy with Coples.... Show me film on what you are seeing and I'll show you the film on what I am seeing... We can compare from there. Cause we have two totally different views on Coples.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19429
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Quinton Coples

    Post by Superman55 on Tue 30 Sep 2014 - 14:26

    Not taking a side, but I believe there are some still disappointed we didnt take Chandler Jones (not either of you, per se, cause I dont know how you feel on this). At this stage, Jones is the better player, IMO.

    lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 113
    Points : 3249
    Join date : 2014-09-10
    Age : 45
    Location : Las Vegas

    Re: Quinton Coples

    Post by lnap23 on Tue 30 Sep 2014 - 14:36

    Yeah I'm a big fan of Jones but honestly I feel like Jones can't play 3-4 DE, Coples can.... and Playing 3-4 OLB is a question mark.... Not sure if he can do it.... My guess is he would be what Coples is too.... growing, learning and flashing some really good ability......
    avatar
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 124
    Points : 8931
    Join date : 2014-09-11

    Re: Quinton Coples

    Post by NCgreen12 on Tue 30 Sep 2014 - 17:10

    lnap23 wrote:Terrible assessment.... And believe me I have been watching him play....  Made several comments throughout each game when there was a bad pass, a sack or a rb loss of yardage stop how Coples made the playt by causing the disruption...  I'm not sure what you are watching when you Watch Coples play this year.. He has blown up the line and caused QB's into the arms of the interior line..... He has lined up on WR's and knocked them off routes... He has been a major disruption in the running game... I am happy with Coples.... Show me film on what you are seeing and I'll show you the film on what I am seeing... We can compare from there. Cause we have two totally different views on Coples.

    Then this will be an agree to disagree. I do watch him quite closely and mostly on passing downs as he tries to rush the passer and typically makes zero impact on the play. He has made some plays as a disrupter but has only registered two tackles out of 200 snaps so he's not disrupting much. He's playing a position where we needs sacks to come from and although he has had some hurries I just don't ever seeing him being close to a force in getting to the QB. I don't see what you are watching.
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12771
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Quinton Coples

    Post by football51 on Tue 30 Sep 2014 - 17:37

    NCgreen12 wrote:
    lnap23 wrote:Terrible assessment.... And believe me I have been watching him play....  Made several comments throughout each game when there was a bad pass, a sack or a rb loss of yardage stop how Coples made the playt by causing the disruption...  I'm not sure what you are watching when you Watch Coples play this year.. He has blown up the line and caused QB's into the arms of the interior line..... He has lined up on WR's and knocked them off routes... He has been a major disruption in the running game... I am happy with Coples.... Show me film on what you are seeing and I'll show you the film on what I am seeing... We can compare from there. Cause we have two totally different views on Coples.

    Then this will be an agree to disagree. I do watch him quite closely and mostly on passing downs as he tries to rush the passer and typically makes zero impact on the play. He has made some plays as a disrupter but has only registered two tackles out of 200 snaps so he's not disrupting much. He's playing a position where we needs sacks to come from and although he has had some hurries I just don't ever seeing him being close to a force in getting to the QB. I don't see what you are watching.






    According to Pro Football Focus, Coples ranked 3rd(heading into the Detroit game) among 3-4 olb's in Pass Rush Productivity.




    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-ny-jets-quinton-coples-finally-breakthrough-linebacker-article-1.1954928?fafa&utm_content=buffer64107&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDNSportsTw
    avatar
    Atljet60
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 119
    Points : 5564
    Join date : 2014-09-07

    Re: Quinton Coples

    Post by Atljet60 on Tue 30 Sep 2014 - 18:05

    Nice writeup by Manish.
    avatar
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 124
    Points : 8931
    Join date : 2014-09-11

    Re: Quinton Coples

    Post by NCgreen12 on Tue 30 Sep 2014 - 23:08

    football51 wrote:
    NCgreen12 wrote:
    lnap23 wrote:Terrible assessment.... And believe me I have been watching him play....  Made several comments throughout each game when there was a bad pass, a sack or a rb loss of yardage stop how Coples made the playt by causing the disruption...  I'm not sure what you are watching when you Watch Coples play this year.. He has blown up the line and caused QB's into the arms of the interior line..... He has lined up on WR's and knocked them off routes... He has been a major disruption in the running game... I am happy with Coples.... Show me film on what you are seeing and I'll show you the film on what I am seeing... We can compare from there. Cause we have two totally different views on Coples.

    Then this will be an agree to disagree. I do watch him quite closely and mostly on passing downs as he tries to rush the passer and typically makes zero impact on the play. He has made some plays as a disrupter but has only registered two tackles out of 200 snaps so he's not disrupting much. He's playing a position where we needs sacks to come from and although he has had some hurries I just don't ever seeing him being close to a force in getting to the QB. I don't see what you are watching.






    According to Pro Football Focus, Coples ranked 3rd(heading into the Detroit game) among 3-4 olb's in Pass Rush Productivity.






    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-ny-jets-quinton-coples-finally-breakthrough-linebacker-article-1.1954928?fafa&utm_content=buffer64107&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDNSportsTw

    Well after the Detroit game Pro Football Focus ranks Coples 22nd in pass rushing 3-4 OLB's and 43rd in run defense for 3-4 OLB's.

    lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 113
    Points : 3249
    Join date : 2014-09-10
    Age : 45
    Location : Las Vegas

    Re: Quinton Coples

    Post by lnap23 on Wed 1 Oct 2014 - 14:20

    NCgreen12 wrote:
    football51 wrote:
    NCgreen12 wrote:
    lnap23 wrote:Terrible assessment.... And believe me I have been watching him play....  Made several comments throughout each game when there was a bad pass, a sack or a rb loss of yardage stop how Coples made the playt by causing the disruption...  I'm not sure what you are watching when you Watch Coples play this year.. He has blown up the line and caused QB's into the arms of the interior line..... He has lined up on WR's and knocked them off routes... He has been a major disruption in the running game... I am happy with Coples.... Show me film on what you are seeing and I'll show you the film on what I am seeing... We can compare from there. Cause we have two totally different views on Coples.

    Then this will be an agree to disagree. I do watch him quite closely and mostly on passing downs as he tries to rush the passer and typically makes zero impact on the play. He has made some plays as a disrupter but has only registered two tackles out of 200 snaps so he's not disrupting much. He's playing a position where we needs sacks to come from and although he has had some hurries I just don't ever seeing him being close to a force in getting to the QB. I don't see what you are watching.






    According to Pro Football Focus, Coples ranked 3rd(heading into the Detroit game) among 3-4 olb's in Pass Rush Productivity.






    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-ny-jets-quinton-coples-finally-breakthrough-linebacker-article-1.1954928?fafa&utm_content=buffer64107&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDNSportsTw

    Well after the Detroit game  Pro Football Focus ranks Coples 22nd in pass rushing 3-4 OLB's and 43rd in run defense for 3-4 OLB's.  

    One down game clearly supports your assessment of Coples not progressing...
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12771
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Quinton Coples

    Post by football51 on Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 15:09

    Coples is starting to garner some respect for his play.




    http://turnonthejets.com/2014/10/new-york-jets-reviewing-defense-week-4/

    Sponsored content

    Re: Quinton Coples

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri 23 Jun 2017 - 13:21