A New Community for Jets Fans

Greg Salas needs to be our number Two WR

Lakerfan1980
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Re: Greg Salas needs to be our number Two WR

Post by Lakerfan1980 on Sat 27 Sep 2014 - 6:38

Kerley's 7 catches for 86 yards and a TD is his ceiling...when he's the main guy getting all the targets. He will also have many games like he did in games 1 and 2. The team still doesn't have any speed or playmakers and it's the reason we struggle to score touchdowns. Way too many long drives that gets stalled by a penalty, bad play call or QB mishap.
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 on Sat 27 Sep 2014 - 12:55

That's the main problem IMHO. There is no go to guy. The depth chart for the wide outs are completely out of order in my opinion. David Nelson is a 4rth receiver at best. Jeremy Kerely is by no means a #2 wide out, he's an excellent slot receiver.

This is where I feel a player like Salas can elevate the play of Decker & kerely. Say Salas can become our two, then it allows Decker to make more plays and helps Kerely move the chains that much more.

IMHO, Greg Salas is a tremendous upgrade over David Nelson as a two.
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 on Sat 27 Sep 2014 - 17:02

HYATT™ wrote:One QB's 63% completion rate is not like another QB's 63% completion rate.
    You have to compare apples to apples.
    Joe Flacco, in BAL's offense, will NEVER see a 63% completion percentage.
    His success comes with larger big play gains and more missed downfield attempts.
    He's throwing over 61% this season so far, which on an apples to oranges basis is FAR better than the higher completion percentages inherent in Mornhinweg's WCO system.
    For Mr. Smith to be operating at Flacco levels, in the WCO, we need to be discussing 65% or better, as a minimum.

^^^ this is just lazy analysis. How many more games does Flacco have under his belt and remind me how our offensive weapons compare to Torey and Steve Smith and Pitta at TE? Yes, Flacco can't complete 63% with stacked talent while Geno can w/ nothing tells me a lot. Also, what Rodhers excuse for not being able to complete any passes this year and the refs giving the Packers their only win or they'd be 0-4...

Don't they have packer boards? I must be in the the shire because I smell a troll. Wait, look at that pic, yep, a troll.
    HYATT™
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by HYATT™ on Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 2:11

Superman55 wrote:
    ^^^ this is just lazy analysis.  How many more games does Flacco have under his belt and remind me how our offensive weapons compare to Torey and Steve Smith and Pitta at TE?  Yes, Flacco can't complete 63% with stacked talent while Geno can w/ nothing tells me a lot.  Also, what Rodhers excuse for not being able to complete any passes this year and the refs giving the Packers their only win or they'd be 0-4...

Don't they have packer boards?  I must be in the the shire because I smell a troll.  Wait, look at that pic, yep, a troll.
    I'll just chalk all that nonsense up to ignorance on your part.
    Unlike SOME people, HYATT™ doesn't make personal insults a part of his web presence.
    Are you sure you are even on the right board?
    It seems to HYATT™ you'd be much more comfortable over on JI's scout board. More your kinda people.
     Evil or Very Mad
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man on Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 7:11

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:That's the main problem IMHO. There is no go to guy. The depth chart for the wide outs are completely out of order in my opinion.  David Nelson is a 4rth receiver at best. Jeremy Kerely is by no means a #2 wide out, he's an excellent slot receiver.

This is where I feel a player like Salas can elevate the play of Decker & kerely.  Say Salas can become our two, then it allows Decker to make more plays and helps Kerely move the chains that much more.

IMHO, Greg Salas is a tremendous upgrade over David Nelson as a two.  

Part of Nelson's problem is Geno. Wrong decisions and flat out not
    seeing him when he's open. MM saying he's putting too much on GS'
    plate, lets see if dumbing it down will help.
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 on Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 16:11

HYATT™ wrote:One QB's 63% completion rate is not like another QB's 63% completion rate.
    His success comes with larger big play gains and more missed downfield attempts.
    He's throwing over 61% this season so far, which on an apples to oranges basis is FAR better than the higher completion percentages inherent in Mornhinweg's WCO system.
    For Mr. Smith to be operating at Flacco levels, in the WCO, we need to be discussing 65% or better, as a minimum.

Hyatt, Donovan McNabb NEVER completed 65% of his passes in MM's offense. In fact, he only went over 63% one time in his career in 2004.

http://www.nfl.com/player/donovanmcnabb/2502044/careerstats

Lakerfan1980
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by Lakerfan1980 on Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 16:20

Salas looked good today after the catch.
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 on Mon 29 Sep 2014 - 9:03

Salas should continue to develop into our #2. It's unfortunate that he had to get more snaps with an unjury to David Nelson, but as they say, next man up.

I feel if this season is going to waste, Greg Sala will be a very good bright spot this season. It sucks because we do have weapons on offense to make Marty's system work, yet we have no production at the QB position. A QB change maybe just what this team needs in order to atleast be competetive.
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 on Mon 29 Sep 2014 - 13:58

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:Salas should continue to develop into our #2.  It's unfortunate that he had to get more snaps with an unjury to David Nelson, but as they say, next man up.

I feel if this season is going to waste, Greg Sala will be a very good bright spot this season. It sucks because we do have weapons on offense to make Marty's system work, yet we have no production at the QB position. A QB change maybe just what this team needs in order to atleast be competetive.

Hmmm, switching QBs will make Greg Salas = Greg Jennings. Oh boy. I look forward to seeing expectations drop back to the guy who ran wide open in teh end zone and dropped a gimme touchdown. How quickly we forget.

I hope Vick and his 50% comp % last year playing with the Eagles (and DJax, Maclin, Cooper and McCoy)...can't wait to see what he does with magic man Greg Salas. Can't wait!

START VICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I dont want to hear anything but we want Vick. I can't wait to watch 50% accuracy...if we're lucky (the Eagles weren't that lucky, hopefully we are).
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange on Mon 29 Sep 2014 - 14:03

Superman55 wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:Salas should continue to develop into our #2.  It's unfortunate that he had to get more snaps with an unjury to David Nelson, but as they say, next man up.

Hmmm, switching QBs will make Greg Salas = Greg Jennings.  Oh boy.  I look forward to seeing expectations drop back to the guy who ran wide open in teh end zone and dropped a gimme touchdown.  How quickly we forget.  

I hope Vick and his 50% comp % last year playing with the Eagles (and DJax, Maclin, Cooper and McCoy)...can't wait to see what he does with magic man Greg Salas.  Can't wait!

I dont want to hear anything but we want Vick.  I can't wait to watch 50% accuracy...if we're lucky (the Eagles weren't that lucky, hopefully we are).

Haven't you heard? He also doesn't turn over the ball the way Geno does. Michael Vick? No, no turnover concerns here.
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 on Mon 29 Sep 2014 - 17:59

SackExchange wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

Hmmm, switching QBs will make Greg Salas = Greg Jennings.  Oh boy.  I look forward to seeing expectations drop back to the guy who ran wide open in teh end zone and dropped a gimme touchdown.  How quickly we forget.  

I hope Vick and his 50% comp % last year playing with the Eagles (and DJax, Maclin, Cooper and McCoy)...can't wait to see what he does with magic man Greg Salas.  Can't wait!

I dont want to hear anything but we want Vick.  I can't wait to watch 50% accuracy...if we're lucky (the Eagles weren't that lucky, hopefully we are).

Haven't you heard? He also doesn't turn over the ball the way Geno does. Michael Vick? No, no turnover concerns here.

NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 on Mon 29 Sep 2014 - 18:40

Superman55 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

With Geno, there isn't even Grass, it's more like dried up weeds.
    Even the Bills have more balls than Rex to bench a 1st ounder in EJ Manuel and place Orton in there for this week.  
    Geno will cost Rex his job because of his stubborness.  Geno gives the Jets no chance of winning whatsoever. Yet let's continue to see what we have with a future career back up in this league.
    Geno is such a Tony Banks clone it's not even funny.
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 on Mon 29 Sep 2014 - 19:14

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

Even the Bills have more balls than Rex to bench a 1st ounder in EJ Manuel and place Orton in there for this week.  
    Geno will cost Rex his job because of his stubborness.  Geno gives the Jets no chance of winning whatsoever.  Yet let's continue to see what we have with a future career back up in this league.

NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 on Mon 29 Sep 2014 - 21:46

Superman55 wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

Geno will cost Rex his job because of his stubborness.  Geno gives the Jets no chance of winning whatsoever.  Yet let's continue to see what we have with a future career back up in this league.

I find it adorable how 55 can't type his own opinion, rather he scours the internet for a MEME.
    Anyway, you should go to bed now, Papa Geno has to wake up early tomorrow to take you to pre-K.
    Sweet dreams 'Niubby 'Niubby.
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange on Mon 29 Sep 2014 - 22:19

Hey, another thread that has become all about Geno.
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 on Tue 30 Sep 2014 - 9:31

SackExchange wrote:Hey, another thread that has become all about Geno.

Small minds

HYATT™
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by HYATT™ on Wed 1 Oct 2014 - 8:45

football51 wrote:
    Hyatt, Donovan McNabb NEVER completed 65% of his passes in MM's offense. In fact, he only went over 63% one time in his career in 2004.
    McNabb had other attributes than made him a franchise QB. Big body-like Roethlisberger, great wheels, excellent escapability behind often really dinged up OLs, able to extend plays with his other skills, pretty careful with the ball and kept turnovers to a minimum, and he was a leader of men, believe it or not.
    For a while he was pretty good, but even in college he was never known for either his accuracy or high passing volume production.
    His passing from 2004 on, when Marty took over, DID go up a ways from pre-MM days too - just not as much as you would expect for a QB changing from the Pat Shumur version of a WCO to MM's version of it.
    McNabb still holds many or most of the PHI passing records and was the most prolific QB they ever had.

Finally, let's not forget Andy Reid's decade-long blind spot when it came to acquiring WRs. He's lamented the fact that he never truly got McNabb the receivers he needed to be better at passing.
    James Thrash, Todd Pinkston, Freddie Mitchell, Chad Lewis, Charles Johnson, Greg Lewis, Hank Basket, Kevin Curtis - each WR worse than the previous ones -Jeff Thomason, L.J. Smith, heavy on TEs and RBs as receivers and ALWAYS piss-poor WRs.
    He didn't get Avant, Jackson, & Maclin until the very end of his time in PHI.

This stuff REALLY does matter if you want to start making apples to apples comparisons, 51.  Basketball
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 on Wed 1 Oct 2014 - 15:56

HYATT™ wrote:
    football51 wrote:
    McNabb had other attributes than made him a franchise QB. Big body-like Roethlisberger, great wheels, excellent escapability behind often really dinged up OLs, able to extend plays with his other skills, pretty careful with the ball and kept turnovers to a minimum, and he was a leader of men, believe it or not.
    For a while he was pretty good, but even in college he was never known for either his accuracy or high passing volume production.
    His passing from 2004 on, when Marty took over, DID go up a ways from pre-MM days too - just not as much as you would expect for a QB changing from the Pat Shumur version of a WCO to MM's version of it.
    McNabb still holds many or most of the PHI passing records and was the most prolific QB they ever had.

Finally, let's not forget Andy Reid's decade-long blind spot when it came to acquiring WRs. He's lamented the fact that he never truly got McNabb the receivers he needed to be better at passing.
    James Thrash, Todd Pinkston, Freddie Mitchell, Chad Lewis, Charles Johnson, Greg Lewis, Hank Basket, Kevin Curtis - each WR worse than the previous ones -Jeff Thomason, L.J. Smith, heavy on TEs and RBs as receivers and ALWAYS piss-poor WRs.
    He didn't get Avant, Jackson, & Maclin until the very end of his time in PHI.

This stuff REALLY does matter if you want to start making apples to apples comparisons, 51.  Basketball

So......... what about the wr's that Geno had to work with as a rookie coming out of a gimmick college offense? The wr's you listed for McNabb would've been a dream come true for Smith last year. It seems as if Smith's accuracy has improved since last season, and with continued work with Decker, Salas, Amaro, etc, it should continue to improve.
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 on Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 13:53

Nice job thus far by Salas.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-randylangefb/Greg-Salas-Surprises-Atop-the-WR-Lists/3dc02c54-dedb-4638-999e-6939886e1ab2
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 on Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 13:55

football51 wrote:Nice job thus far by Salas.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-randylangefb/Greg-Salas-Surprises-Atop-the-WR-Lists/3dc02c54-dedb-4638-999e-6939886e1ab2

Still salty he dropped that wide open TD
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 on Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 17:47

Superman55 wrote:
    football51 wrote:Nice job thus far by Salas.

Still salty he dropped that wide open TD

LMAO again at 55.  Salty? So what about Geno's inconsistency? Salty? nah more like a death potion to watch every Sunday.
    Unreal, dude is judging Salas based on one drop, yet gives the ultimate one raised eyed eye brow when people talk truth about his boy Geno. smh.
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange on Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 19:58

For heaven's sake, cut it the hell out!

55 said nothing about Geno, yet Dan had to make it all about Geno, yet again. Not to absolve 55 from deliberately pushing Dan's buttons in other instances.

Maybe the two of you should just stop the bickering.
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 on Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 20:06

SackExchange wrote:For heaven's sake, cut it the hell out!

55 said nothing about Geno, yet Dan had to make it all about Geno, yet again. Not to absolve 55 from deliberately pushing Dan's buttons in other instances.

Fine by me
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 on Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 13:05

Superman55 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:For heaven's sake, cut it the hell out!

Fine by me

deal
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 on Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 12:51

I think Salas is a #4, not a #2...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 28 Jun 2017 - 22:03