A New Community for Jets Fans


    Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Share

    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

    Posts : 401
    Points : 2858
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Post by Blindsidebrick on Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 17:17

    Marshall and Jeffrey are gonna be a handful for Allen and Walls. We need to knock Cutler around up front. Cannot let him play pitch and catch with those two. 

    The Jets simply need this game. At home, coming off a gut-wrenching loss, and the meat of the schedule coming up. We need this one. They need to play a clean game all the way through. No more stupid penalties, no more losing their composure, no more broken coverages in the secondary.

    trico990
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 27
    Points : 3771
    Join date : 2014-09-12

    Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Post by trico990 on Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 18:20

    I wouldn't say this is a "must" game especially since it's not in our conference. It would be great to get a home win though. If we do any better than 4-4 after 8 games I will be thrilled, so for me I would rather lose those out of conference. 4-4 and 6-2 gets us a playoff spot IMO
    avatar
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

    Posts : 560
    Points : 5150
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Post by GratefulJet on Sun 21 Sep 2014 - 6:57

    Bears' depth will be tested vs. Jets   


    With five opening-day starters slated to miss Monday night’s road game against the New York Jets due to injuries, the Bears’ depth will be tested on both sides of the ball.

    Linebacker
    Shea McClellin (hand), defensive tackle Jeremiah Ratliff (concussion), center Roberto Garza (ankle) and left guard Matt Slauson (ankle) were ruled out of the contest Saturday. Special teams standout Sherrick McManis (quad) also will not play.

    Bears linebacker Shea McClellin will miss Monday night's game against the Jets with a hand injury.
    They join cornerback Charles Tillman, who was placed on injured reserve Monday after suffering a torn right triceps in last Sunday night’s comeback win over the San Francisco 49ers.

    A converted defensive end, McClellin performed well in last weekend’s victory, recording seven tackles and one sack, but injured his hand in practice Thursday.

    “It’s very disappointing,” coach Marc Trestman said Saturday after practice. “We’re disappointed for him No. 1 because he has been getting better and we’ve watched him work so hard to learn a new position and get his body the way he’s gotten it to play the position. We’re hopeful and we know he’ll be out this week and we’ll see where we are next week.”

    Ratliff will also miss the game after exiting last Sunday night’s win with a concussion.

    “It’s tough, but next man’s got to come up,” said defensive end Jared Allen. “Unfortunately, that’s part of this game. You get injuries and things happen. Coach has done a good job of preparing our young guys to play that extra role. Those are big shoes to fill, but we’ve got to fill them.”

    With Ratliff out, rookie defensive tackles Ego Ferguson and Will Sutton are expected to see expanded playing time. Allen has been impressed with his two young teammates, especially the poise they displayed under pressure late in the Bears’ stunning victory over the 49ers.

    “The game didn’t seem too big for them,” Allen said. “Sometimes that can be a problem with young guys, where they sort of lose their minds out there and don’t remember their technique and fundamentals. But I think they’ve been doing a great job on that.”

    For the second straight week, center Brian de la Puente and left guard Michael Ola will start in place of the injured Garza and Slauson, respectively.

    Asked how the offense has made a seemingly smooth transition with two backup linemen, coach Marc Trestman said: “I think it starts with talent evaluation by our personnel department. We’ve got a background with Brian, that’s No. 1, and we’ve got toms background with Michael as well.

    “They’ve taken to the coaching. Pat [Meyer] and Aaron [Kromer] have done a great job of bringing them along, and they’re in a great room with guys who communicate and help each other out.”

    Pro Bowl receivers Brandon Marshall (ankle) and Alshon Jeffery (hamstring) both practiced on a limited basis Saturday and were listed as questionable on the injury report. They had the same status last week and played against the 49ers, with Marshall catching three touchdown passes.

    “Alshon had a full day’s work [Friday] and looked like he’s ready to go,” Trestman said. “We’ll just see where we are with Brandon and how he feels [Sunday]. He got a little bit of work [Saturday]. He got some walkthrough work and very limited practice work, but he got some work and we’ll see how sore he is [Sunday] and what he’s got to do to get himself ready for the game on Monday night.”

    In other injury news, defensive end Trevor Scott (foot) did not practice Saturday; while Allen (back), safety Chris Conte (shoulder) and receiver Josh Morgan (groin) all worked out without restrictions and were listed as probable.
    avatar
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

    Posts : 560
    Points : 5150
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Post by GratefulJet on Sun 21 Sep 2014 - 7:06

    Ratliff and McClellin being out is huge for our run game in particular and our offense in general. We should be able to milk the clock a lot better with those guys out and McClellin is one of their better pass rushers too. Combined with the fact Garza and Slauson are both out again, I'd like to think we can control the LOS on both sides of the ball. If we can put consistent pressure on Cutler, he could have one of his nightmare games where he becomes possessed by the spirit of bad Tony Romo. He does not move anywhere near as well as Rodgers does, and he does throw the ball with a lot less care than Rodgers. I was feeling pretty down about this game a day ago, but these developments and the never-ending optimism of a fan are causing me to turn my thinking a little. We do have a chance to win this game. It will come down to the LOS and also how MM schemes up a passing attack without Decker.

    AA has the size to match up with Jeffrey, and since Jeffrey is hobbled by a hammy himself, he won't have the explosion to leave AA in the dust. Marshall is going to get his against Walls. I don't care how hurt he is, he is going to dominate Darren. We just have to figure out a way to deal with Forte and Martellus Bennett, as well as Tone.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19487
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Post by Superman55 on Sun 21 Sep 2014 - 7:29

    GratefulJet wrote:Ratliff and McClellin being out is huge for our run game in particular and our offense in general. We should be able to milk the clock a lot better with those guys out and McClellin is one of their better pass rushers too. Combined with the fact Garza and Slauson are both out again, I'd like to think we can control the LOS on both sides of the ball. If we can put consistent pressure on Cutler, he could have one of his nightmare games where he becomes possessed by the spirit of bad Tony Romo. He does not move anywhere near as well as Rodgers does, and he does throw the ball with a lot less care than Rodgers. I was feeling pretty down about this game a day ago, but these developments and the never-ending optimism of a fan are causing me to turn my thinking a little. We do have a chance to win this game. It will come down to the LOS and also how MM schemes up a passing attack without Decker.

    AA has the size to match up with Jeffrey, and since Jeffrey is hobbled by a hammy himself, he won't have the explosion to leave AA in the dust. Marshall is going to get his against Walls. I don't care how hurt he is, he is going to dominate Darren. We just have to figure out a way to deal with Forte and Martellus Bennett, as well as Tone.

    Marshall and Jeffers are going to make some plays and when they do, Pryor And Allen need to lay the wood.  The Jets need to make the Bears earn every play.  There's no way we can stop Jeffers and Marshall, dude's are awesome, two of the best in the game...but they're hobbled and not 100%.  We need to make them feel every catch till it's hard to walk.  I honestly feel we're gonna need to stick them early and often because I expect them to make 9-15 receptions and we need them to think after each play, do I want to come back on the fieldand risk being  out for the season.
    avatar
    HYATT™
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 133
    Points : 23591
    Join date : 2014-09-09

    Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Post by HYATT™ on Sun 21 Sep 2014 - 8:24

    Jeffery - Alshon JEFFERY.
    avatar
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

    Posts : 560
    Points : 5150
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Post by GratefulJet on Sun 21 Sep 2014 - 10:16

    HYATT™ wrote:Jeffery - Alshon JEFFERY.
    Thanks Hyatt. I've lived in Chicago since 1993, so I am familiar with the Bears. I am not a Bears fan per se, so I don't have the spelling down for his name. Just wish the Jets had done a better scouting job and drafted Mr. JEFFERY instead of Stephen HILL.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19487
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Post by Superman55 on Sun 21 Sep 2014 - 11:43

    GratefulJet wrote:
    HYATT™ wrote:Jeffery - Alshon JEFFERY.
    Thanks Hyatt. I've lived in Chicago since 1993, so I am familiar with the Bears. I am not a Bears fan per se, so I don't have the spelling down for his name. Just wish the Jets had done a better scouting job and drafted Mr. JEFFERY instead of Stephen HILL.

    I did the same thing the entire thread I think. Wink
    avatar
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 124
    Points : 8989
    Join date : 2014-09-11

    Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Post by NCgreen12 on Sun 21 Sep 2014 - 13:09

    football51 wrote:Milliner was the 9th pick. The quad tightness is just a byproduct of the high ankle sprain keeping him from training properly. I think Dee is going to be fine. He only missed one game in college, and anyone can roll an ankle.



    He's also 6'0 200 lbs. That's Revis size.




    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dee_Milliner
    I think if Milliner can keep out of the trainers room and off the injury list he can be a good player. However, even though he may have missed only one game in college he also had to have five surgeries (a right knee scope, a repair of a sports hernia, a procedure for a right tibia stress fracture and one surgery on each shoulder). His rookie NFL year he was still rehabbing to start the season and missed time during the regular season. He pulled up lame early in preseason (hammy) and then rolled an ankle and will miss a couple games minimum this year. It's not completely off base to think he may be one of those guys that just can't stay healthy.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19487
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Post by Superman55 on Sun 21 Sep 2014 - 21:22

    [size=60]What we’ll learn about the Jets come Monday night[/size]
    By Mike Vaccaro
    September 21, 2014 | 12:49pm

    Modal Trigger


    [size]
    Geno SmithPhoto: Getty Images[/size]

    MORE FROM

    [size=28]MIKE VACCARO




    Big stand made when Giants needed it most

    Bears are latest test for Jets in brutal stretch

    Here's how the Wilpons could tell Mets fans the truth

    Roger Goodell revealed as the inept robot we feared he was

    Girardi blind to his hypocrisy in plunking feud with Rays[/size]
    Once the anger lifted and the fog of disappointment receded, it’s likely you took a deep breath, looked at the AFC East standings in the newspaper (whether this happened Tuesday, Thursday or this morning depending upon your levels of anger and disappointment) and reached a conclusion:
    One and one isn’t the end of the world.
    One and one, in fact, is precisely where you figured the Jets would be after two games from the moment in early spring when you saw the order of the schedule, when you saw the exceedingly generous gift they got in Week 1 (the Raiders, who right now seem like they should re-do the spelling of their name to “B-Y-E”) to the immediate challenge they were given in Week 2 (at Lambeau, Packers, home opener, good luck).
    Yes, 1-1 was about right.
    Even if the “1” on the right side of the hyphen was a lot harder to tolerate than the one on the left was to celebrate.”
    “If you’re worried about that game,” Jets coach Rex Ryan said earlier in the week, “you’re not going to win this game.”
    And here’s the thing: Winning this game, the prime-time showdown with the Bears at MetLife Stadium tonight, is paramount. We didn’t say “critical” or “essential,” didn’t call it a must-have, because there have been too many teams of recent vintage whose 1-2 start was forgotten in a rush of mid- and late-season success. Nothing ends Monday night for the Jets, nothing is decided, regardless of outcome.
    But here’s the other thing that was apparent on April 23, when they got their first gander at the schedule: The most important thing for them would be arriving at the midway point with their heads above water, still breathing. So front-loaded was it that by almost any reasonable expectation, even a 4-4 mark at midseason would be cause for optimism in the second half.
    Green Bay was the first excursion into that gauntlet, and again, regardless of how tightly you gritted your teeth while watching the way that one turned out, let’s call it what it was: a house-money game. Nobody expected the Jets to win that game, and judging from the way they turtled in the second half, you can include the Jets among that spate of skeptics.
    These next two weeks though … this is where we will be able to gauge a course for the Jets. The Bears and the Lions, both of them at home, both of them blessed with explosive passing games, meaning both come fully armed with precisely the brand of kryptonite that threatens the most harm to the Jets.
    Win or lose, the same gravity will apply in six days, when Detroit comes to Jersey. But for now, with the Bears in front of them, THIS is the game that may well define who the Jets are but, more important, where they may yet go. If the Jets are able to hold serve then the four games to follow — at San Diego, home to Denver, at New England on a Thursday, home to the surprising Bills — won’t have the cling of desperation attached to every snap.
    Even sweeping these coming NFC North challenges guarantees nothing, of course, because the Jets will still have five of their final eight games on the road. But the beauty of the NFL is that the rule of the road is to focus on what’s in front of you, not what’ll be lurking in early November or late December.
    The Bears are a puzzling bunch, capable of looking wretched, as they did for three quarters against the 49ers last week (and for much of their season opener against Buffalo seven days earlier), and capable of looking like a wrecking ball, as they did in spoiling San Francisco’s debut in their new stadium, as they have on so many days and nights Jay Cutler has brought his A game to work with him.
    The Jets have their own questions, their own issues. A win on Monday night doesn’t vaporize them. But it does clarify who they are and where they may be bound. And that’s a good place to start.
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10606
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Post by NickSINYC on Sun 21 Sep 2014 - 21:52

    Always great to get a prime time game and Mondays are special but the extra day wait is a killer.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19487
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Post by Superman55 on Sun 21 Sep 2014 - 21:59

    [size=60]Jets prep for ballhawk Jeffery[/size]
    By Brian Costello
    September 21, 2014 | 9:06pm

    Modal Trigger


    [size]
    Alshon Jeffery (left), Antonio AllenPhoto: AP (left), Joseph E. Amaturo[/size]

    MORE ON:

    [size=36][size=36]NEW YORK JETS
    [/size]
    Bears are latest test for Jets in brutal stretch

    What we'll learn about the Jets come Monday night

    Jets' Milliner not likely to play vs. Bears, Decker iffy

    Converting Allen to corner is a safety valve for Jets defense[/size]
    Jets cornerback Antonio Allen knows Bears wide receiver Alshon Jeffery well. The two played together at South Carolina for three years and went through the 2012 NFL Draft together.
    That led Jets coach Rex Ryan to ask Allen to provide the defense with a scouting report of Jeffery.
    “I told them I respect him in a lot of different ways because I played with him and I know how he plays,” Allen said. “But for the most part I did say if the ball is in the air he will go get it. He doesn’t have the foot speed most receivers have. He’s just a ballhawk.”
    Jeffery has been dealing with a hamstring injury that limited him in practice this week, but he is expected to play Monday.
    Allen, who moved from safety to cornerback last month, could end up covering his former college teammate.
    “He will go up and catch it,” Ryan said. “The guy has great hands. That was pretty much what [Allen] said and it is a true statement.”
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19487
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Post by Superman55 on Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 6:00

    [size=60]Jets hope to shine in prime-time against Bears[/size]
    By Brian Costello
    September 22, 2014 | 12:27am

    Modal Trigger


    [size]
    Geno Smith and the Jets hope to be 2-1 after Monday night's contest with the Bears.Photo: Paul J. Bereswill[/size]

    MORE ON:

    [size=36][size=36]NEW YORK JETS
    [/size]
    Jets prep for ballhawk Jeffery

    What we'll learn about the Jets come Monday night

    Jets' Milliner not likely to play vs. Bears, Decker iffy

    Converting Allen to corner is a safety valve for Jets defense[/size]
    Jets fans get to see their team play a home prime-time game for the first time in nearly two years Monday night when the Bears come to MetLife Stadium.
    The Jets certainly hope this one goes better than the last one, when they were humiliated on national TV on Thanksgiving night.
    The Patriots embarrassed the Jets 49-19 that night in 2012, a game that introduced the term “buttfumble” the sporting public.
    “Was that that New England fiasco?” Rex Ryan said this week when asked about having a better showing in front of the home crowd this time. “Yeah let’s hope that doesn’t happen again, yikes. It won’t be hard to show better than that. I will guarantee we play better than that. Talk about going out on a limb. That was horrible.”
    The 1-1 Jets hope this game goes more like their last game on “Monday Night Football,” a stirring comeback in Atlanta last season. Quarterback Geno Smith played his best game as a pro that night.
    The Bears and Jets enter this game off two different ends of a comeback. The Bears overcame a 13-point deficit in the fourth quarter to defeat the 49ers. The Jets blew a 21-3 lead over the Packers at Lambeau Field and lost in crazy fashion when a timeout they did not really want cost them a game-tying touchdown.
    The Jets spent the week trying to move past that gaffe.
    “If you’re worried about that game, you’re not going to win this game,” Ryan said. “We know we have to get better and that’s the beauty of it and that’s where our guys’ focus is. Yeah, it stings anytime you lose. [As] a competitor, you can’t stand it. I know I can’t or anybody else. Does it stay with you? Absolutely. But, you move on from it and hopefully there’s something about that loss that you can take from it and actually improve.”
    The Bears are the second in a six-game stretch for the Jets in which they will face strong quarterbacks. Aaron Rodgers chewed them up last week for 346 yards. Now, the secondary faces Jay Cutler, who is 2-0 against the Jets in his career.
    “We knew we didn’t play as good as we could [last week],” safety Calvin Pryor said. “We had some mishaps and let him get some easy throws in there. You live and learn, correct your mistakes and keep moving ahead. There’s a long season ahead.”

    Marquee matchup

    Bears WRs Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery vs. Jets CBs Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls
    The Jets cornerbacks have been under the microscope since March and they struggled last week in their first true test. It does not get any easier this week. Cutler has these two monsters (6-foot-4 and 6-3, respectively) to target. Dee Milliner is doubtful to play, so it will be on Allen and Walls to try to slow them down. Both Marshall and Jeffery have been dealing with injuries, so maybe that will give the Jets some hope.
    “They’re both big receivers,” defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman said. “They both can go up and catch the football. They both know how to box you out. They’re both strong, they’re built. They both can make one-handed, spectacular catches down the field. So, the challenge to me, when I look at them, is they look the same. To their quarterback obviously, I think he probably thinks [about them] the same way. … You’ve got to go up, fight them and contest them for the football and hope you win your share of them.”

    Always on the run

    The Jets are No. 1 in the NFL in rushing offense, but the running game was not as effective in Green Bay as many thought it would be. Now, the Bears come to town allowing 161 yards per game, 27th in the league.
    Running back Chris Johnson, who had just 21 yards rushing last week, said the Jets have to pick it up.

    “I feel like we’re going to have to run the ball better than we did this past game,” Johnson said. “That just all comes from week to week and getting better. There are going to be some Sundays where we can’t run the ball and are going to have to throw the ball. There will be some Sundays where we run real good and open up the passing game. It’s the NFL. Both teams get paid. There are going to be some tough weeks.”

    The return of Tone

    The Jets cut Santonio Holmes loose in March, ridding themselves of his salary and the headaches he brought the team. Holmes was out of work for five months before the Bears brought him in during training camp to be their third receiver. Now, Holmes is back at MetLife Stadium.
    Holmes and the Jets spent this week downplaying this story line, but you can bet nothing will make Holmes happier than making the Jets look bad.
    “He’ll probably have a little bit of revenge on his mind,” Thurman said. “We just have to go out and do our job.”
    Modal Trigger
    Santonio Holmes[size=11]Photo: Getty Images

    Pressure point

    Early in last week’s game in Green Bay, the Jets brought the heat and made Aaron Rodgers uncomfortable. If they have any hope of slowing down Jay Cutler, they need to do that again. The Jets ended up with four sacks last week, giving them some hope that their pass rush can be effective.
    Linebacker Demario Davis had two sacks, one a very instinctive play where he was in coverage but then attacked Rodgers when he realized no receiver was in his area. Cutler will pick the Jets secondary apart if given the time. The Bears are missing two starters on the offensive line, something the Jets must exploit.

    Spread it around

    Eric Decker is questionable for the game with a hamstring injury. If he can’t play, expect to see Greg Salas slide into the lineup alongside David Nelson and Jeremy Kerley.
    Even if Decker plays, the Jets must do a better job of getting players involved. Last week, Nelson was only targeted once and tight end Jeff Cumberland twice. The Jets offense met about this issue this week and offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg promised to spread the ball around better. It’s on Mornhinweg and Geno Smith to now make that work.

    Costello’s Call

    I think the Jets are catching the Bears at a good time. Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery are both hurting and Chicago is missing starters along the offensive line and on defense. Rex Ryan must find a way to get Jay Cutler rushing his throws to help out his secondary. The Jets’ offense should be able to move the ball on a weak Bears’ defense.
    JETS 28, BEARS 17[/size]

    trico990
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 27
    Points : 3771
    Join date : 2014-09-12

    Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Post by trico990 on Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 10:33

    Jets 27 Bears 23.................CJ scores 2 td's and the D scores 1

    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 370
    Points : 43823
    Join date : 2014-09-12

    Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Post by hobson54 on Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 12:07

    not sure if this was posted elsewhere in the thread, but it looks like Decker will play but Milliner is doubtful.  not good against the Bears solid WR corps, although they too are limping a bit.  Allen has the size to play with Marshall and Jeffrey, but not the speed.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19487
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Post by Superman55 on Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 13:18

    hobson54 wrote:not sure if this was posted elsewhere in the thread, but it looks like Decker will play but Milliner is doubtful.  not good against the Bears solid WR corps, although they too are limping a bit.  Allen has the size to play with Marshall and Jeffrey, but not the speed.


    Well, one good thing is neither WR is a burner.  Both struggled to run under 4.5s but both are big and physical, to your point.  I bet he plays Jeffery a lot because of their college background Rex may just think it is cool to stick them on each other to see if Allen picks up and tendencies from their college days.

    Both guys are unbelievable (I'd take either for the Jets right now if they were available, obviously preferring the 24 year old if he became available).  That is one pro I see in this match-up, if neither if a burner which will allow Pryor and the safeties to make up ground and deliver big hits to these limping targets.  I have no doubt they will make some plays on us though.

    Decker vs Fuller will be interesting and how patient Geno is vs their secondary which is simply trying to keep everything in front of them.  If Geno doesn't force anything downfield until things loosen up and they stick too many in the box, he can have a big night.
    avatar
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 124
    Points : 8989
    Join date : 2014-09-11

    Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Post by NCgreen12 on Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 13:30

    If Decker is playing I hope we're not having the same conversation next week if he's out cause we brought him back too early (like Milliner). While all games are important this is still an NFC game which carries less weight in the tie breakers. Hammy's are very fickle and need to be healed or they will just keep reoccurring.

    Marty called an unbelievable game in the first half last week and as soon as the interception happened they went very conservative and ran a lot on first down which put them in 2nd and long. Always wonder if Rex put the kabob on things after the INT. We need to see the screen pass and involve the TE's more.  

    No feel on who wins..
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19487
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Post by Superman55 on Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 13:38

    NCgreen12 wrote:If Decker is playing I hope we're not having the same conversation next week if he's out cause we brought him back too early (like Milliner). While all games are important this is still an NFC game which carries less weight in the tie breakers. Hammy's are very fickle and need to be healed or they will just keep reoccurring.

    Marty called an unbelievable game in the first half last week and as soon as the interception happened they went very conservative and ran a lot on first down which put them in 2nd and long. Always wonder if Rex put the kabob on things after the INT. We need to see the screen pass and involve the TE's more.  

    No feel on who wins..

    Need TEs involved so bad!

    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 317
    Points : 6159
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : maryland US

    Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Post by Old#15 on Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 13:48

    Is it too early to start expecting big contributions from our first two draftees?  I would obviously like to win tonight, but I think we will need big performances from them
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19487
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Post by Superman55 on Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 14:03

    Old#15 wrote:Is it too early to start expecting big contributions from our first two draftees?  I would obviously like to win tonight, but I think we will need big performances from them

    I'd take a couple big plays at this point...

    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 370
    Points : 43823
    Join date : 2014-09-12

    Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Post by hobson54 on Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 14:12

    Superman55 wrote:
    hobson54 wrote:not sure if this was posted elsewhere in the thread, but it looks like Decker will play but Milliner is doubtful.  not good against the Bears solid WR corps, although they too are limping a bit.  Allen has the size to play with Marshall and Jeffrey, but not the speed.


    Well, one good thing is neither WR is a burner.  Both struggled to run under 4.5s but both are big and physical, to your point.  I bet he plays Jeffery a lot because of their college background Rex may just think it is cool to stick them on each other to see if Allen picks up and tendencies from their college days.

    Both guys are unbelievable (I'd take either for the Jets right now if they were available, obviously preferring the 24 year old if he became available).  That is one pro I see in this match-up, if neither if a burner which will allow Pryor and the safeties to make up ground and deliver big hits to these limping targets.  I have no doubt they will make some plays on us though.

    Decker vs Fuller will be interesting and how patient Geno is vs their secondary which is simply trying to keep everything in front of them.  If Geno doesn't force anything downfield until things loosen up and they stick too many in the box, he can have a big night.


    Marshall seems to play faster than whatever his clocked speed is.  Jeffrey is more of a plodder, you are correct.  interesting thought on Allen vs Jeffrey.  i forgot they were teammates at s carolina.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19487
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Post by Superman55 on Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 14:18

    hobson54 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    hobson54 wrote:not sure if this was posted elsewhere in the thread, but it looks like Decker will play but Milliner is doubtful.  not good against the Bears solid WR corps, although they too are limping a bit.  Allen has the size to play with Marshall and Jeffrey, but not the speed.


    Well, one good thing is neither WR is a burner.  Both struggled to run under 4.5s but both are big and physical, to your point.  I bet he plays Jeffery a lot because of their college background Rex may just think it is cool to stick them on each other to see if Allen picks up and tendencies from their college days.

    Both guys are unbelievable (I'd take either for the Jets right now if they were available, obviously preferring the 24 year old if he became available).  That is one pro I see in this match-up, if neither if a burner which will allow Pryor and the safeties to make up ground and deliver big hits to these limping targets.  I have no doubt they will make some plays on us though.

    Decker vs Fuller will be interesting and how patient Geno is vs their secondary which is simply trying to keep everything in front of them.  If Geno doesn't force anything downfield until things loosen up and they stick too many in the box, he can have a big night.


    Marshall seems to play faster than whatever his clocked speed is.  Jeffrey is more of a plodder, you are correct.  interesting thought on Allen vs Jeffrey.  i forgot they were teammates at s carolina.

    Team was stacked with Lattimore, Clowney, Jeffrey, Allen, Melvin Ingram, and Stephon Gilmore...

    Jeffery, Allen, Gilmore, and Ingram were all at the same pro day...
    avatar
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 405
    Points : 11705
    Join date : 2014-09-06
    Location : Howard Beach, Queens NEW YORK....SON!

    Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Post by NYJETSDAN16 on Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 16:25

    Fully expect to see Phillip Adams & Ellis Lankster to see alot of the field.
    avatar
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 685
    Points : 13307
    Join date : 2014-08-28
    Location : Alabama

    Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Post by Sarge on Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 16:31

    Hoping to see a continuance of Geno Smith getting better and the Playbook continuing to expand
    avatar
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

    Posts : 560
    Points : 5150
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Post by GratefulJet on Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 19:17

    Antwan BarnesLBInactive
    T.J. BarnesDTInactive
    Dakota DozierOTInactive
    A.J. EddsLBInactive
    IK EnemkpaliLBInactive
    Ben IjalanaOTInactive
    Dee MillinerCBInactive
    Walt PowellWRInactive

    Sponsored content

    Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 3:57