Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+23
danfran
Atljet60
The Wicker Man
Sarge
NYJETSDAN16
NickSINYC
LIJETFAN
GratefulJet
JETMAN10
SackExchange
NCgreen12
Metjetgal
cysporsche
HYATT™
hobson54
trico990
JohnnyBaseball
Blindsidebrick
Superman55
football51
Old#15
soj
MachinaVerde
27 posters

Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET - Page 2 Empty Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

Post by football51 Wed 17 Sep 2014 - 17:12

Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET - Page 2 MedxWKg4_normalBrian Costello [ltr]@BrianCoz[/ltr] · 16m
    [ltr]Decker says he'll take it day by day before figuring out if he can play. Did not practice today. No MRI. Said there is no tear #nyj[/ltr]

Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET - Page 2 XJZFfLkP_normalNew York Jets [ltr]@nyjets[/ltr] · 10m
    [ltr]"There's no tear. I categorize it as I aggravated it. I'm out there jogging around& that's a good sign" @EricDecker87 [/ltr]
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET - Page 2 Empty Re: Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET

Post by Superman55 Wed 17 Sep 2014 - 19:16

trico990 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:I don't know if you've watched Sproles and CJ2K, but they are far from the same type of player...

2 guys that like the ball in space by catching swing passes and short slants while living on guys missing tackles and their YAC. I beg to differ on their differences.

Oh, you're right.

The last 3 years Sproles has 87, 48, and 53 carries for 603, 244, and 222 yards in those seasons.
    The last 3 years CJ2K has 262, 276, and 279 carries for 1047, 1243, and 1077 in those same seasons...

The last 3 years Sproles has 86, 75, and 71 receptions for 710, 667, and 610 yards for those seasons.
    The last 3 years CJ2K has 57, 36, and 42 receptions for 418, 232, and 345 yards in those seasons.

Weird, they look like they are exact opposites... affraid
    HYATT™
    HYATT™
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by HYATT™ Wed 17 Sep 2014 - 23:21

Superman55 wrote:Weird, they look like they are exact opposites... affraid
    Classic case of taking what the other guys give ya, because they EXPECT the opposite.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Thu 18 Sep 2014 - 9:55

Miliner & Decker did not practice yesterday which is not good, we need them both desperately for the Bears game.
    Any word on Wilkerson's fine, or if there will be a suspension ?

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Thu 18 Sep 2014 - 10:12

cysporsche wrote:Miliner & Decker did not practice yesterday which is not good, we need them both desperately for the Bears game.

Go Jets...Cyborg

I wouldn't expect either one, coming off an injury, to practice until today or tomorrow.  Why push it?  

Also, PFT picks:

MDS’s pick: Bears 28, Jets 27.
    Florio’s take:  The Jets barely beat a bad Raiders team and blew what would have been a big upset at Lambeau Field.  Assuming that the Week Two Bears and not the Week One Bears make the trek to MetLife Stadium, the Jets won’t have to worry about losing the game by an ill-timed timeout.
    Florio’s pick:  Bears 23, Jets 14.
    Metjetgal
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Metjetgal Thu 18 Sep 2014 - 12:22

Think we need to do some serious scoring  to win here. 30 pts or more.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 18 Sep 2014 - 16:23

Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET - Page 2 6f4JBisT_normalKimberley A. Martin [ltr]@KMart_LI[/ltr] · 1m
    [ltr]Jared Allen (back), Brandon Marshall (ankle), Robert Garza (ankle) & ex-Jet Matt Slauson (ankle) were among those who DNP for #Bears[/ltr]

Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (ESPN) - MNF 8:30PM ET - Page 2 6f4JBisT_normalKimberley A. Martin [ltr]@KMart_LI[/ltr] · 27s
    [ltr]Alshon Jeffery (hammy), Shea McClellin (hand) and Chris Conte (shoulder) were LTD #bears[/ltr]
    NCgreen12
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NCgreen12 Fri 19 Sep 2014 - 11:05

Tough game to handicap so early in the season. Concerning part is the Bears strength is our weakness. Something we heard last week and will for the next 5 weeks. The Bears do like to send out the Bennett (TE) and Forte on the majority of their pass plays so maybe an opportunity to win at the line of scrimmage and the blitzing will force them into max coverage. Also, if Slauson is still out their LG Michael Ola got abused last week and a possibly angry Wilkerson could have a field day. He's due for a great game.

Thinking home field, Bears second week on the road after traveling west and the Jet loss last week can propel us to a close victory. However, they wouldn't be my survivor pick and Cutler would be my top three candidate for fantasy QB this week.

Jets 27
    Bears 24
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 19 Sep 2014 - 11:12

NCgreen12 wrote:Tough game to handicap so early in the season. Concerning part is the Bears strength is our weakness. Something we heard last week and will for the next 5 weeks. The Bears do like to send out the Bennett (TE) and Forte on the majority of their pass plays so maybe an opportunity to win at the line of scrimmage and the blitzing will force them into max coverage. Also, if Slauson is still out their LG Michael Ola got abused last week and a possibly angry Wilkerson could have a field day. He's due for a great game.

Thinking home field, Bears second week on the road after traveling west and the Jet loss last week can propel us to a close victory. However, they wouldn't be my survivor pick and Cutler would be my top three candidate for fantasy QB this week.

Jets 27
    Bears 24

Their weakness is also our strength...their weakness is stopping the run and oline...
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 19 Sep 2014 - 11:54

PFT picked against the Jets? Shocking!
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 19 Sep 2014 - 11:56

With Decker and Dee, the extra day may truly be a blessing for their health.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 19 Sep 2014 - 12:00

SackExchange wrote:With Decker and Dee, the extra day may truly be a blessing for their health.

I so hope Decker plays and is 90-95%.  He has made a huge impact to our entire offense, IMO.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 19 Sep 2014 - 12:01

Decker really helps out Geno, and vice versa. It provides balance to the offense.
    NCgreen12
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NCgreen12 Fri 19 Sep 2014 - 12:28

Superman55 wrote:
    NCgreen12 wrote:Tough game to handicap so early in the season. Concerning part is the Bears strength is our weakness. Something we heard last week and will for the next 5 weeks. The Bears do like to send out the Bennett (TE) and Forte on the majority of their pass plays so maybe an opportunity to win at the line of scrimmage and the blitzing will force them into max coverage. Also, if Slauson is still out their LG Michael Ola got abused last week and a possibly angry Wilkerson could have a field day. He's due for a great game.

Jets 27
    Bears 24

Their weakness is also our strength...their weakness is stopping the run and oline...
    Fair point Sack. However, just like the Packers did against us after giving up 200 yards to Seattle the previous week the Bears will probably try to stack and neutralize the run and dare Geno to pass. I'm not sure if we can do the same to mask our weakness in the secondary. Pressure on Cultler from our base four is the obvious best way. I just haven't seen that yet and blitzing is always risky with us but we may have to. .  Geno needs to have a really big day.
    Metjetgal
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Metjetgal Fri 19 Sep 2014 - 12:37

NCgreen12 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

Jets 27
    Bears 24

Fair point Sack. However, just like the Packers did against us after giving up 200 yards to Seattle the previous week the Bears will probably try to stack and neutralize the run and dare Geno to pass. I'm not sure if we can do the same to mask our weakness in the secondary. Pressure on Cultler from our base four is the obvious best way. I just haven't seen that yet and blitzing is always risky with us but we may have to. .  Geno needs to have a really big day.
    Agreed, Geno needs a huge day, as well as the D. We need turnovers.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Fri 19 Sep 2014 - 13:32

Cimini picked the Jets. But he didn't do it without a self-congratulatory pat on the back for guessing the correct score of the Jets/Packers game. He's such a tool. Even when he picks the Jets, he always manages to throw in a bunch of cheap shots at Rex and the team.
    JohnnyBaseball
    JohnnyBaseball
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by JohnnyBaseball Fri 19 Sep 2014 - 13:48

Superman55 wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:Miliner & Decker did not practice yesterday which is not good, we need them both desperately for the Bears game.

Go Jets...Cyborg

I wouldn't expect either one, coming off an injury, to practice until today or tomorrow.  Why push it?  

Also, PFT picks:

MDS’s pick: Bears 28, Jets 27.
    Florio’s take:  The Jets barely beat a bad Raiders team and blew what would have been a big upset at Lambeau Field.  Assuming that the Week Two Bears and not the Week One Bears make the trek to MetLife Stadium, the Jets won’t have to worry about losing the game by an ill-timed timeout.
    Florio’s pick:  Bears 23, Jets 14.

We'll just assume that the Bears will play good! Not like those Week One Bears, who aren't even worth talking about, because that was like ancient history!
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 19 Sep 2014 - 13:51

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN  ·  6m
    Eric Decker (hamstring) didn't practice. Dee Milliner has added "quad tightness" (along with ankle) for reason he didn't practice today #nyj
    JETMAN10
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by JETMAN10 Fri 19 Sep 2014 - 15:14

I think we should be able to move the ball on the ground against the Bears defense, but if not, let Geno throw the damn ball and for that matter, let him go hurry up. Geno knows this offense well enough to call a few plays and imho he played very well last week when given the chance.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 5:48

Have to admit I'm pretty concerned about this game. Bears offense is stacked, best we can hope to do is the usual gameplan: contain it, slow it down, and look for a turnover opportunity. Pressure Cutler, get in his face, try to get him to force a throw into too tight a space. Turnovers is not something we excel at, however. Their WRs could have a really big day against our secondary. Forte is a beast in the open field, and Martellus Bennett is the receiving TE we all wish Cumberland was. I don't think holding them under 25 points is at all realistic. Holding this team to 30 would be a really good job.

The Bears weakness has been their defense, but they have improved it this year. We will have to run the ball, but I think their run defense is better than GB's. Best guy to attack in their secondary is S Conte, who has a little Eric Smith in him. Kyle Fuller had two picks vs. SF. How many does our entire team have so far in two games? Can Geno put up 30+ points? Anything is possible, but if Decker can't play, it's not very likely. If we fall behind early, MM will have to throw the ball, and I'm not sure we have the WRs to catch it. Take away Kerley and who is left that even needs to be double covered?

Conclusion: even if we slow down Trestman's offense, we still don't have the horses to keep up. Only way we win is with turnovers and big plays on ST, and we don't have a tendency for either, while Chicago does. Really hope I'm wrong, but not getting my hopes up at all here. I think this Bears squad could end up going deep into the playoffs. They traveled to the west coast and took care of the 49ers in their home/new stadium opener, finishing the game with 21 4th quarter points. I don't think a 2-hour flight to Newark is going to faze them at all.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 8:16

GratefulJet wrote:Have to admit I'm pretty concerned about this game. Bears offense is stacked, best we can hope to do is the usual gameplan: contain it, slow it down, and look for a turnover opportunity. Pressure Cutler, get in his face, try to get him to force a throw into too tight a space. Turnovers is not something we excel at, however. Their WRs could have a really big day against our secondary. Forte is a beast in the open field, and Martellus Bennett is the receiving TE we all wish Cumberland was. I don't think holding them under 25 points is at all realistic. Holding this team to 30 would be a really good job.

The Bears weakness has been their defense, but they have improved it this year. We will have to run the ball, but I think their run defense is better than GB's. Best guy to attack in their secondary is S Conte, who has a little Eric Smith in him. Kyle Fuller had two picks vs. SF. How many does our entire team have so far in two games? Can Geno put up 30+ points? Anything is possible, but if Decker can't play, it's not very likely. If we fall behind early, MM will have to throw the ball, and I'm not sure we have the WRs to catch it. Take away Kerley and who is left that even needs to be double covered?

Conclusion: even if we slow down Trestman's offense, we still don't have the horses to keep up. Only way we win is with turnovers and big plays on ST, and we don't have a tendency for either, while Chicago does. Really hope I'm wrong, but not getting my hopes up at all here. I think this Bears squad could end up going deep into the playoffs. They traveled to the west coast and took care of the 49ers in their home/new stadium opener, finishing the game with 21 4th quarter points. I don't think a 2-hour flight to Newark is going to faze them at all.

Just wanted to say, great profile pic!
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 14:44

Dennis Waszak Jr. @DWAZ73  ·  10m
    Decker was limited at practice today after not participating the rest of the week. Will still likely be a game-time decision. #Jets

Dennis Waszak Jr. @DWAZ73  ·  8m
    Milliner sat out for the second straight day after adding quad issue to ankle issue. Doubtful usually means unlikely to play. #Jets

Dennis Waszak Jr. @DWAZ73  ·  5m
    Everyone else a full go for #Jets: Bellore, Bush, Colon, Coples, Edds, CJohnson, Mangold.
    LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by LIJETFAN Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 15:25

This will be another tough game.  The Bears are not as talented as the Packers overall, but their offense could put up points.  And Cutler has embarrassed us in the past.  And our secondary is still a major concern.

Speaking of which, Dee Milliner - this guy is starting to look less and less like a good pick.  He was downright horrible for the first 11 games of the season last year, when he was on the field that is.  Then he made major strides in the last 4 games which gave us all hope.  This year, the guy can't get on the field because he is banged up again.  He has a small frame and doesn't look very durable to begin with.   First the high ankle sprain and now tightness is his quad, which is a conditioning issue.  He probably pulled a muscle and that happens when you're out of football shape.   He looked like he was running in quick sand chasing Jordy Nelson last week.  Very concerned that this pick was a big miss.  And at the 6th spot in the draft, you can't have big misses, ever.   This guy needs to get in shape, get healthy, get on the field and start playing like a top 10 draft pick in a hurry because these next 5 games will probably make or break this season.  

Back to the Bears, very worried generally about this game, the Lions next week, the Broncos, all of them.  All of these teams can beat us, and have the potential with a weak secondary to score 35 a game on us.  This might be a must-win.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 15:39

Milliner was the 9th pick. The quad tightness is just a byproduct of the high ankle sprain keeping him from training properly. I think Dee is going to be fine. He only missed one game in college, and anyone can roll an ankle.

He's also 6'0 200 lbs. That's Revis size.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dee_Milliner
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 16:44

Alshon Jeffery - WR - Bears
    Alshon Jeffery (hamstring) is officially listed as questionable for Week 3.
    Jeffery practiced on a limited basis throughout the week. He's expected to play despite being listed as questionable, but will likely be at less than 100 percent health. Jeffery is Rotoworld's No. 9 receiver against the Jets.

Sep 20 - 2:20 PM

Brandon Marshall - WR - Bears
    Brandon Marshall (ankle) is listed as questionable for Monday night's game against the Jets.
    Marshall returned to a limited practice on Saturday, putting him on track to play. Alshon Jeffery (hamstring) is also listed as questionable, but is expected to start. Both are top-ten receivers against a Jets secondary that allowed 346 yards and three touchdowns to Aaron Rodgers last week. With CB Dee Milliner (quad) likely out, Marshall should match up with Darrin Walls, with Jeffery drawing Antonio Allen in coverage.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 5:17