Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+16
Metjetgal
LIJETFAN
Polishjetfan
danfran
The Wicker Man
Sarge
Blindsidebrick
NCgreen12
trico990
football51
lnap23
NickSINYC
soj
MachinaVerde
SackExchange
Superman55
20 posters

Dee Milliner

GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Dee Milliner - Page 4 Empty Re: Dee Milliner

Post by GratefulJet Mon 13 Oct 2014 - 13:42

SackExchange wrote:

That is not to say that Idzik doesn't deserve some criticism. He absolutely does. But I also think it is way too premature to judge some draft picks as guaranteed negatives, particularly those from this year.

Sure, but they should at least be contributing. The league is full of teams getting really positive results from their rookie class. Aside from Amaro, we're getting pretty much nothing. Considering we had 12 picks, that's pretty bad.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 13 Oct 2014 - 13:54

GratefulJet wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:

That is not to say that Idzik doesn't deserve some criticism. He absolutely does. But I also think it is way too premature to judge some draft picks as guaranteed negatives, particularly those from this year.

Sure, but they should at least be contributing. The league is full of teams getting really positive results from their rookie class. Aside from Amaro, we're getting pretty much nothing. Considering we had 12 picks, that's pretty bad.
    Pryor has been contributing. Not as much as I'd like, but some.

Idzik admittedly whiffed on Saunders. He would not have cut him otherwise. Tough to say much about Evans either way. McDougle, he can take some heat because of McDougle's injuries, but nobody could predict a blown knee. He may have put too high a value on quantity, but some picks can't be judged yet.

Last year he drafted the DROY. Geno looks like a whiff, and Milliner is too early to say either way.

Hardly a ringing endorsement, but it's not like every other team is tearing it up in the draft.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Mon 13 Oct 2014 - 17:56

You guy's are almost as negative as our old board ! Since this is a Miliner thread, let me start there, Miliner will be our # 1 CB next season and have a great season.

Idzik will be back, with his own coaching staff next season.

Idzik will hit home runs in the draft, and kill free agency. Money talks, and we'll have a boat load, that he won't sit on.

I honestly think with a # 1 WR & 2 CB, the Jets will be in the play-off hunt.

I'm trying to remain positive & patient, as the Jet homer I am ! J-E-T-S

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Mon 13 Oct 2014 - 20:50

cysporsche wrote:You guy's are almost as negative as our old board ! Since this is a Miliner thread, let me start there, Miliner will be our # 1 CB next season and have a great season.

Idzik will hit home runs in the draft, and kill free agency. Money talks, and we'll have a boat load, that he won't sit on.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Cy, I'm in agreement about Milliner being a good player, but his health has been a question mark at the NFL level. He's been hurt all year. He needs to stay on the field.

And I believe our needs go beyond the well documented WR and CB positions. We need upgrades on the o-line. Especially at both guard positions. Pass protection and run blocking have been below average this year. It's part of the reason Geno and the offense is struggling.

Idzik needs to address quite a bit this off season. And he's got a big decision to make on Geno Smith. Is he Donovan McNabb? Or Vince Young?
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 13 Oct 2014 - 22:35

Blindsidebrick wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:You guy's are almost as negative as our old board ! Since this is a Miliner thread, let me start there, Miliner will be our # 1 CB next season and have a great season.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Cy, I'm in agreement about Milliner being a good player, but his health has been a question mark at the NFL level. He's been hurt all year. He needs to stay on the field.

And I believe our needs go beyond the well documented WR and CB positions. We need upgrades on the o-line. Especially at both guard positions. Pass protection and run blocking have been below average this year. It's part of the reason Geno and the offense is struggling.

Idzik needs to address quite a bit this off season. And he's got a big decision to make on Geno Smith. Is he Donovan McNabb? Or Vince Young?

I like to see Aboushi and Dozier can some playing time to see if they can be long term solutions.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Tue 14 Oct 2014 - 12:40

Superman55 wrote:
    Blindsidebrick wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

I like to see Aboushi and Dozier can some playing time to see if they can be long term solutions.

What have we got to lose? Winters is done, so Aboushi can audition for one spot. And I'd sit Colon and see what Dozier can do. We're not going anywhere this year. Put the youth in. We might find a surprise player.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Tue 14 Oct 2014 - 14:13

Blindsidebrick wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    Blindsidebrick wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

What have we got to lose? Winters is done, so Aboushi can audition for one spot. And I'd sit Colon and see what Dozier can do. We're not going anywhere this year. Put the youth in. We might find a surprise player.

Maybe we also find out if Idzik can draft OL?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024 - 11:47