A New Community for Jets Fans


    Geno Smith

    Share
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19432
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by Superman55 on Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 8:09

    lnap23 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    lnap23 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    lnap23 wrote:One thing that helps poor OL play, see Aaron Rodgers, is reading the D and getting rid of the ball quicker..  Not faulting Geno but Sudifeld was wide open from the snap.  Geno needs to see that and immediately make that throw to be a top 10 QB.... I think he will get there and get there sooner rather than later.


    Disagree.  Geno read it early enough, took the proper three step drop then tried to step into the throw.  Watch the play again, the footwork was perfect.

    Reading the play quicker doesn't change the fact you have to take 3 steps back and 1 forward...and the play was called as a 3 step drop play...Geno was never allowed to step into the throw.  the announcer even called that as the play unfolded...the announcer was Trent Green.

    I gotta stick to my guns The coverage write off the snap wasn't there for Amaro...Green is talking about the post snap Geno reads.  Looking at the video Amarao was his 3rd read... Sudifeld is open right off the snap.. Based on his pre snap coverage read he should have looked Amaro's way first... again not blaming him just pointing out the Brady's, Manning's (Peyton LOl), Rodgers, Bree's of the world would have made that read quicker.  WE need Geno to read the defense presnap and go through the proper progressions based on what he see's prior to the snap


    Okay, obvious non-fan of Geno and a bias opinion.  I see where this is going.  We'll stop here.

    Oh and my Geno Jersey I wear every sunday says differently ... Do I need to post a pic to dispel your obvious blown out of proportion estimation of my point? lol!

    Wait, that's you with the pillow?  Shocked  Very Happy
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12774
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by football51 on Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 11:00

    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19432
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by Superman55 on Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 14:04

    football51 wrote:

    Well, the dude said there's no bias, but Brady, Brees, and Peyton would have made that read and throw earlier, and all I could think was, did you not watch the Super Bowl with guys wide open and the Seattle dline not giving Peyton enough time to make the read?  Or maybe he didn't see the first half of the Cleveland saints game last week when Brees couldn't do a throng even when given time...or maybe he didn't know Brady is 2/30something already this season on passes where the ball travels 15 yards or more in the air...so again, sounds like a bias post to me based on opinion and not actuals.
    avatar
    danfran
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

    Posts : 101
    Points : 1117
    Join date : 2014-09-18

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by danfran on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 13:16

    Still not sold on this guy. He lost this game last night. Yeah, he's young-I get that, but one of my biggest complaints with Sanchez was that we continued to see the same "rookie type" mistakes as time went by. Geno's decision making is still suspect.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19432
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by Superman55 on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 14:07

    danfran wrote:Still not sold on this guy. He lost this game last night. Yeah, he's young-I get that, but one of my biggest complaints with Sanchez was that we continued to see the same "rookie type" mistakes as time went by. Geno's decision making is still suspect.

    Let's cut him.
    avatar
    danfran
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

    Posts : 101
    Points : 1117
    Join date : 2014-09-18

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by danfran on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 14:31

    Superman55 wrote:
    danfran wrote:Still not sold on this guy. He lost this game last night. Yeah, he's young-I get that, but one of my biggest complaints with Sanchez was that we continued to see the same "rookie type" mistakes as time went by. Geno's decision making is still suspect.

    Let's cut him.

    I don't see the connection.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19432
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by Superman55 on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 14:40

    danfran wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    danfran wrote:Still not sold on this guy. He lost this game last night. Yeah, he's young-I get that, but one of my biggest complaints with Sanchez was that we continued to see the same "rookie type" mistakes as time went by. Geno's decision making is still suspect.

    Let's cut him.

    I don't see the connection.


    if I thought he was the next Mark Sanchez, I'd say cut him.  Do you want another Mark Sanchez?  Me neither.
    avatar
    danfran
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

    Posts : 101
    Points : 1117
    Join date : 2014-09-18

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by danfran on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 14:42

    Superman55 wrote:
    danfran wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    danfran wrote:Still not sold on this guy. He lost this game last night. Yeah, he's young-I get that, but one of my biggest complaints with Sanchez was that we continued to see the same "rookie type" mistakes as time went by. Geno's decision making is still suspect.

    Let's cut him.

    I don't see the connection.


    if I thought he was the next Mark Sanchez, I'd say cut him.  Do you want another Mark Sanchez?  Me neither.

    You not cutting him 18+ games into his career, but I'm not thrilled with what I'm seeing. He made a lot of really bad throws yesterday, and could have been picked several more times.
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12774
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by football51 on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 15:40

    Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI  ·  2m
    Asked on 98.7 if @GenoSmith7 is lacking confidence, @JKerley_11 says: "Never. I love my quarterback, man. I love that dude." #jets
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12774
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by football51 on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 15:44

    Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI  ·  41s
    “We believe in Geno. I can't pinpoint what is the problem right now – even if there is a problem." -- Jeremy Kerley on 98.7 #jets
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10551
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by NickSINYC on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 15:46

    Superman55 wrote:
    danfran wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    danfran wrote:Still not sold on this guy. He lost this game last night. Yeah, he's young-I get that, but one of my biggest complaints with Sanchez was that we continued to see the same "rookie type" mistakes as time went by. Geno's decision making is still suspect.

    Let's cut him.

    I don't see the connection.


    if I thought he was the next Mark Sanchez, I'd say cut him.  Do you want another Mark Sanchez?  Me neither.
    I won't call for him or any young QB to be cut until I see what he looks like in his 3rd preseason and the start of the regular season if he make it that far. 

    That's when I started my Mark needs to be replaced rant. Geno deserves the same.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19432
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by Superman55 on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 15:48

    football51 wrote:Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI  ·  41s
    “We believe in Geno. I can't pinpoint what is the problem right now – even if there is a problem." -- Jeremy Kerley on 98.7 #jets

    I still think we should cut him...then watch him sign with the phins or bills and watch him shred us twice a year.
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12774
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by football51 on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 15:51

    Superman55 wrote:
    football51 wrote:Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI  ·  41s
    “We believe in Geno. I can't pinpoint what is the problem right now – even if there is a problem." -- Jeremy Kerley on 98.7 #jets

    I still think we should cut him...then watch him sign with the phins or bills and watch him shred us twice a year.


    Check out what I posted in the site development thread. You just can't make this stuff up.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19432
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by Superman55 on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 16:48

    football51 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    football51 wrote:Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI  ·  41s
    “We believe in Geno. I can't pinpoint what is the problem right now – even if there is a problem." -- Jeremy Kerley on 98.7 #jets

    I still think we should cut him...then watch him sign with the phins or bills and watch him shred us twice a year.


    Check out what I posted in the site development thread. You just can't make this stuff up.


    Posted my response in the wrong thread.

    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 187
    Points : 4217
    Join date : 2014-09-04
    Age : 67
    Location : Scottsdale AZ

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by soj on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 16:56

    5 turnover two game - record 1-2, enough said.

    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 370
    Points : 43768
    Join date : 2014-09-12

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by hobson54 on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 16:56

    55 - in reference to the cut geno/start vick discussion (bringing it over from the game thread), are you basing those posts on noted geno-hater broadwayjoe2?  because we all know his bias on the subject, as well as his "fair-weathered" nature in posting in geno-related topics (only there when he struggles, never there when he does well).

    but the vast majority of jets fans, and posters that are participating here, are not calling for vick to replace geno.  however, i think it is fair for people to be worried about whether geno is the long-term answer or not.
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12774
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by football51 on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 17:06

    Rich Cimini @RichCimini  ·  11m
    Ryan on Smith: "Everybody is behind Geno. He's our quarterback and our football team believes in him." #nyj
    avatar
    danfran
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

    Posts : 101
    Points : 1117
    Join date : 2014-09-18

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by danfran on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 17:34

    hobson54 wrote:55 - in reference to the cut geno/start vick discussion (bringing it over from the game thread), are you basing those posts on noted geno-hater broadwayjoe2?  because we all know his bias on the subject, as well as his "fair-weathered" nature in posting in geno-related topics (only there when he struggles, never there when he does well).

    but the vast majority of jets fans, and posters that are participating here, are not calling for vick to replace geno.  however, i think it is fair for people to be worried about whether geno is the long-term answer or not.
    100%
    avatar
    danfran
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

    Posts : 101
    Points : 1117
    Join date : 2014-09-18

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by danfran on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 17:39

    NickSINYC wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    danfran wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    danfran wrote:Still not sold on this guy. He lost this game last night. Yeah, he's young-I get that, but one of my biggest complaints with Sanchez was that we continued to see the same "rookie type" mistakes as time went by. Geno's decision making is still suspect.

    Let's cut him.

    I don't see the connection.


    if I thought he was the next Mark Sanchez, I'd say cut him.  Do you want another Mark Sanchez?  Me neither.
    I won't call for him or any young QB to be cut until I see what he looks like in his 3rd preseason and the start of the regular season if he make it that far. 

    That's when I started my Mark needs to be replaced rant. Geno deserves the same.
    While I dont disagree with the premise that you can give a new QB 3 years to succeed or fail, remember that that can get you an extended losing period. Also remember that Geno wasn't a top pick, and many people still say he's not going to be a good QB in the NFL. Why is he entitled to make bad decisions for 3 years in the NFL? For me. I want to see some progression this year, and by that I mean ~~fewer and fewer mistakes as the year goes on. He gets the rest of this season, and I want to see that progression.
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10551
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by NickSINYC on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 17:47

    danfran wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    danfran wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    danfran wrote:Still not sold on this guy. He lost this game last night. Yeah, he's young-I get that, but one of my biggest complaints with Sanchez was that we continued to see the same "rookie type" mistakes as time went by. Geno's decision making is still suspect.

    Let's cut him.

    I don't see the connection.


    if I thought he was the next Mark Sanchez, I'd say cut him.  Do you want another Mark Sanchez?  Me neither.
    I won't call for him or any young QB to be cut until I see what he looks like in his 3rd preseason and the start of the regular season if he make it that far. 

    That's when I started my Mark needs to be replaced rant. Geno deserves the same.
    While I dont disagree with the premise that you can give a new QB 3 years to succeed or fail, remember that that can get you an extended losing period. Also remember that Geno wasn't a top pick, and many people still say he's not going to be a good QB in the NFL. Why is he entitled to make bad decisions for 3 years in the NFL? For me. I want to see some progression this year, and by that I mean ~~fewer and fewer mistakes as the year goes on. He gets the rest of this season, and I want to see that progression.
    I never said I wouldn't call for a coach to sit that QB Cutting a player and benching him are two different things many players have thrived after a benching. Geno definitely makes too many mistakes and that needs to stop but with that said I do see improvements in certain areas of his game.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19432
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by Superman55 on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 17:54

    NickSINYC wrote:
    danfran wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    danfran wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    danfran wrote:Still not sold on this guy. He lost this game last night. Yeah, he's young-I get that, but one of my biggest complaints with Sanchez was that we continued to see the same "rookie type" mistakes as time went by. Geno's decision making is still suspect.

    Let's cut him.

    I don't see the connection.


    if I thought he was the next Mark Sanchez, I'd say cut him.  Do you want another Mark Sanchez?  Me neither.
    I won't call for him or any young QB to be cut until I see what he looks like in his 3rd preseason and the start of the regular season if he make it that far. 

    That's when I started my Mark needs to be replaced rant. Geno deserves the same.
    While I dont disagree with the premise that you can give a new QB 3 years to succeed or fail, remember that that can get you an extended losing period. Also remember that Geno wasn't a top pick, and many people still say he's not going to be a good QB in the NFL. Why is he entitled to make bad decisions for 3 years in the NFL? For me. I want to see some progression this year, and by that I mean ~~fewer and fewer mistakes as the year goes on. He gets the rest of this season, and I want to see that progression.
    I never said I wouldn't call for a coach to sit that QB Cutting a player and benching him are two different things many players have thrived after a benching. Geno definitely makes too many mistakes and that needs to stop but with that said I do see improvements in certain areas of his game.


    I've been waiting 7 years for a QB that can complete 60% of his passes with ease, we have that guy.  Now we need to eliminate some of the bonehead plays and we'll be fine.  Geno is far from polished, last night proved he has huge strides to make, he still completed over 60% with over 300 yards without his top weapon...when was the last time we had a QB who did that on a bad night?

    There obvious growth when he spins that on his worst game of the season....

    lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 113
    Points : 3252
    Join date : 2014-09-10
    Age : 45
    Location : Las Vegas

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by lnap23 on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 18:51

    Superman55 wrote:

    I've been waiting 7 years for a QB that can complete 60% of his passes with ease, we have that guy.  Now we need to eliminate some of the bonehead plays and we'll be fine.  Geno is far from polished, last night proved he has huge strides to make, he still completed over 60% with over 300 yards without his top weapon...when was the last time we had a QB who did that on a bad night?

    There obvious growth when he spins that on his worst game of the season....

    Ehhh... Still lost us the game. I do see your point though... I want the QB that even when he has a bad game we win....
    avatar
    JohnnyBaseball
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 57
    Points : 4051
    Join date : 2014-09-07

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by JohnnyBaseball on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 18:53

    I'm starting to come around to the idea that teams should try drafting QBs every year, until they find that guy who can step in and be good right away. No more waiting for guys to develop, and then they never do! You either play well, first season, or hit the bricks! At least we can then avoid these arguments about whether guys are progressing enough, etc. Once we have THE guy, we will know. If you have to ask, he's not the guy.

    Obviously, I'm exaggerating, but boy would I love to see the Jets find a guy who just IS good, no question about it.
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12774
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by football51 on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 19:07

    Saw this on espnnewyork.com   I didn't realize we were 8th in total offense. Not bad for having no weapons afro.





    "I know I've improved, but the only thing on my mind is (we) lost," Smith said after the game. "I can't even think about what happened last year or anything at that point. It's about this team and this year and me being the quarterback of this team. I've got to do a better job to give us a chance to win games."

    Smith is moving the ball well -- the Jets are eighth in total offense -- but scoring is an issue because they're 4-for-12 in the red zone. Against the Bears, they managed only one touchdown in six red-zone trips.






    I would like to see all 3 te's on the field in the redzone. Let's see how defenses guard against those trees.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19432
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by Superman55 on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 22:26

    lnap23 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

    I've been waiting 7 years for a QB that can complete 60% of his passes with ease, we have that guy.  Now we need to eliminate some of the bonehead plays and we'll be fine.  Geno is far from polished, last night proved he has huge strides to make, he still completed over 60% with over 300 yards without his top weapon...when was the last time we had a QB who did that on a bad night?

    There obvious growth when he spins that on his worst game of the season....

    Ehhh... Still lost us the game. I do see your point though... I want the QB that even when he has a bad game we win....


    So do the Packers and Saints...they don't have that guy, hence being 1-2...and Geno already looks better than Rodgers this season, even with how bad Geno has been...He's has a better completion and more yards passing despite all Rodgers weapons...

    Sponsored content

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon 26 Jun 2017 - 8:19