Supreme Commander

Re: Geno Smith

Post by Superman55 on Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 14:57

SackExchange wrote:
    hobson54 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    soj wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    soj wrote:Smith has thrown an interception in 16 of 20 career games (80%). He has 11 multi-turnover games. That’s brutal.

Vick has 52 ints and fumbles in his last 30 games...his last 30, not his first 30 (you'd think he would have grown out of it, not got worse as he grew older)...that's brutal...

I do not care what Vick did or didn't do maybe you do... what I care about is GENO propensity to turn the ball over .. 80% in 16 career games that is horrible and to boot 11 multiple turnover games.... still think his potential is there when he has difficult;ty reading defenses and locks on to his primary receiver still

If Vick is the guy who would be replacing Geno, and Geno is being benched for his turnovers, how do you NOT care about what Vick did regarding turnovers?

well one argument could be that if they both are turning the ball over, but one of them is really struggling getting the team into the end zone (especially in the redzone), that perhaps the other one may have more success putting points on the board.

Perhaps. Maybe Vick would have more success getting the Jets in the end zone.

That said, the argument that Geno turns the ball over too much, so let's turn to Vick, seems a bit odd. It's like deciding that drilling into my own skull hurts too much, so I'll pick up a sledgehammer instead.

Then I think we should stick him in and give it a shot. This team isn't going anywhere, rex is on the hot seat, Idzik when we win 3-5 games will be on the hot seat. Play Vick and see if he does get us in the end zone. If these two clowns want to save their jobs, who cares about the future, pull out all stops!
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 on Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 14:59

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 1h 1 hour ago
    GIF: How not to run a screen by Chris Ivory. Miss chip block. Fall over. Stand behind defensive lineman.

SackExchange

Post by SackExchange on Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 15:21

Rex may be in danger, but I think Idzik is safe...for now. No matter what happens this season, I think he is still safe.

Now, if his plan continues to show gaping holes in the roster and money not spent to address them, he will only have Woody's support for so long.
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC on Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 15:33

SackExchange wrote:Rex may be in danger, but I think Idzik is safe...for now. No matter what happens this season, I think he is still safe.

Now, if his plan continues to show gaping holes in the roster and money not spent to address them, he will only have Woody's support for so long.

If Woody got rid of Idzik after just 2 season especially after not letting him choose his head coach and forcing one on him. It would just prove what a joke of an owner Woody is. If anything happens it should be Rex getting fired and Idzik getting at least 2 years with his choice at HC.
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange on Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 15:36

NickSINYC wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:Rex may be in danger, but I think Idzik is safe...for now. No matter what happens this season, I think he is still safe.

If Woody got rid of Idzik after just 2 season especially after not letting him choose his head coach and forcing one on him. It would just prove what a joke of an owner Woody is. If anything happens it should be Rex getting fired and Idzik getting at least 2 years with his choice at HC.

I agree, though I do think if they struggled this year, and both were kept, and struggled again next year, you could make the case for canning both.

Most likely Idzik is safe and Rex gone, and Idzik gets two years with the coach of his choosing.
    JohnnyBaseball
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by JohnnyBaseball on Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 15:45

football51 wrote:
    Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets  ·  1h 1 hour ago
    GIF: How not to run a screen by Chris Ivory. Miss chip block. Fall over. Stand behind defensive lineman.

Jeez! That's really funny.

LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by LIJETFAN on Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 16:03

I think if the Jets continue their downward spiral Rex would be gone after the season.  The organization would have to do something to appease the fan base.  It is also very likely that if the team spirals downward, the QB did not develop.  So if Geno doesn't progress, then we have to shop for a new QB too.  A new QB means a new coach because they wouldn't give Rex a third bite at the apple so to speak.  The next coach would want to pick his own QB not inherit one.  And the Jets would have a draft pick that would be high enough to take one of the top QBs in the draft.  Probably someone like Kevin Hogan from Stanford.
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 on Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 16:57

Well, if not drafting well, not signing free agents, and not winning games doesn't get you fired, what will?

I'm saying on the hot seat after this year...he should only be allowed to get away with the above formula for so long. I know a lot of people around here love the above formula, but some of us want a winning product, believe it or not.

This Tampa Bay Bucs formula sucks.
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 on Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 17:02

SackExchange wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:

I agree, though I do think if they struggled this year, and both were kept, and struggled again next year, you could make the case for canning both.

Most likely Idzik is safe and Rex gone, and Idzik gets two years with the coach of his choosing.

I think this is what happens too.
    JohnnyBaseball
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by JohnnyBaseball on Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 17:10

There is still a lot of football left to be played, I think it's premature to talk about doing anything at the end of the season just yet. From what I can tell, we are not yet eliminated from the playoffs. We knew this would be a tough stretch of the season.
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 on Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 20:05

football51 wrote:

Impossible, everything wrong with this team is Geno Smith. It's Geno's fault he missed the block and didn't run his route. You know, like Antonio Allen getting beat buy a bum #4 WR for a 60 yard TD, Geno's fault...Idzik failing to secure a #2 WR or CB...Geno's fault. Salas dropping a TD in teh end zone standing there uncovered...Geno's fault.

Don't show evidence that everything isn't Geno's fault when everything is Geno's fault...

soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj on Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 20:15

NO its not all his fault but 7 turnovers simply doesn't help.
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 on Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 20:42

soj wrote:NO its not all his fault but 7 turnovers simply doesn't help.

Agreed. He's have seen some excuses made for bad luck INTs while getting hit, but I think those even with some dropped easy INTs like one he had in the last drive of the last game that went right off the MLBs #s that should have been an easy INT. So I don't even buy the excuses. He's had karma go both ways, IMO. So he's earned #4 INTs with his accuracy inconsistencies.

I do truly believe he's earned what his stats say.

But what I will also say, and this is what I am hoping for...that kid who started that Packers game, on the road, who was equally accurate in the pocket, as he was on the move. He was in total control of the offense. He seemed to always know where his outlets were. I think there were moments in the Packers game, essentially the first half,where we saw what this offense could be with Geno Smith. If Marty could bottle that up and get him to play that way consistently, I think we can win a lot of games if Ryan can patch up the back end with a healthy Milliner. If Milliner is really the December of last year Milliner, and Pryor can get back in the box, Ryan can make things interesing. There's hope. A Chargers win would be a statement game for sure. I think the Broncos would take notice. I'm sure they see the Chargers as legit the way Rivers is throwing right now.
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 on Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 9:47

Superman55 wrote:
    football51 wrote:

Impossible, everything wrong with this team is Geno Smith.  It's Geno's fault he missed the block and didn't run his route.  You know, like Antonio Allen getting beat buy a bum #4 WR for a 60 yard TD, Geno's fault...Idzik failing to secure a #2 WR or CB...Geno's fault.  Salas dropping a TD in teh end zone standing there uncovered...Geno's fault.

Don't show evidence that everything isn't Geno's fault when everything is Geno's fault...

That is hysterical!! Out of all the horrible plays on Geno's part, this is the one that's shown? What about over throwing receivers? What about throwing interceptions? What about the fumbles? What about not having pocket presence? What about not knowing when to run then throwing it across his body?
    Because of a missed block Geno had to rush the pass. Those are correctable. Geno's inconsistencies are not, unless they bench the kid and make him learn from a different perspective like i stated in another post how Rodgers, Pennington, Favre, Marino, Steve Young, Steve McNair and many succesful young QB's were handled.
    Not every QB will be Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Big Ben or Andrew Luck. Geno needs to develop, and his best cure is to sit and learn like these other studs did.
    JohnnyBaseball
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by JohnnyBaseball on Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 13:14

I've never understood the argument that benching a player will somehow help them get better. How is Geno going to develop if he isn't playing? This is a serious question.

trico990
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by trico990 on Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 11:38

Hoge ( who always rants against the Jets) on ESPN just said that Geno was the most inconsistent player he has ever seen. Not just the most inconsistent QB, but the most inconsistent PLAYER ever!!! I'm still on the fence about Geno but I believe that gets a vote for most ignorant comment ever. Well worthy of a Dick Cimini award!
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 on Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 12:43

JohnnyBaseball wrote:I've never understood the argument that benching a player will somehow help them get better. How is Geno going to develop if he isn't playing? This is a serious question.

It has helped so many other QB's.
    Steve McNair, one of the all time greats learned certain nuances from Chris Chadler, a journey man if you will.
    Some like Peyton, Luck Flacco and Matt Ryan get it quick. Yet some, like Geno and some of the great likes Brees, Young, Rivers, understood that they can garner great understanding from the sidelines. A different perspective if you will.

I feel Geno falls into that category. He has tremendous potential, butat this moment in time, if he continues to play, he will be destined to fail. He needs a different view proffesionally so when he dos get his 2nd chance, he may seize the moment. Just like Nick FOles did. Foles was a completely different player when he came in for Vick last year than his rookie season.

soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj on Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 18:05

For all those who think Geno is the answer - Punt, Punt, Punt, Punt, fumble, 5 plays and a punt.

Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 on Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 21:18

soj wrote:For all those who think Geno is the answer - Punt, Punt, Punt, Punt, fumble, 5 plays and a punt.

Very discouraging. I have to think Idzik will have to be in the market for a starting caliber QB and Vick is a real option moving forward. Looks like Geno is going to be on a short leash. I'm even surprised Ryan said so quickly Geno is starting next week.
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC on Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 21:45

Superman55 wrote:
    soj wrote:For all those who think Geno is the answer - Punt, Punt, Punt, Punt, fumble, 5 plays and a punt.

Very discouraging.  I have to think Idzik will have to be in the market for a starting caliber QB and Vick is a real option moving forward.  Looks like Geno is going to be on a short leash.  I'm even surprised Ryan said so quickly Geno is starting next week.

They didn't look any better with Vick in. They might as well see how the benching affects Geno next week. Will he come out gun shy or pumped up looking to redeem himself.
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 on Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 6:59

NickSINYC wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

Very discouraging.  I have to think Idzik will have to be in the market for a starting caliber QB and Vick is a real option moving forward.  Looks like Geno is going to be on a short leash.  I'm even surprised Ryan said so quickly Geno is starting next week.

They didn't look any better with Vick in. They might as well see how the benching affects Geno next week. Will he come out gun shy or pumped up looking to redeem himself.

Do you have confidence this staff will have the team ready to look respectacle against Denver after last week's no-show?  The players have to feel  1-2 more games like yesterday and Ryan is cooked.  Mangold and Brick have to feel these last few years of playing at a high level is for nothing.

Last edited by Superman55 on Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 7:10; edited 1 time in total
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man on Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 7:06

How does a starting QB miss a team meeting? Blames it on the time change? This alone tells
    me he's a dumb ass.
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 on Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 7:29

The Wicker Man wrote:How does a starting QB miss a team meeting? Blames it on the time change? This alone tells
    me he's a dumb ass.

I had to go find this article as I didn't see this anywhere this AM. I found it on PFT, and it sounds like he's losing the locker room and annoying teammates.

Atljet60
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by Atljet60 on Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 9:42

I wonder why this didn't come out yesterday when we could have addressed discipline. The fact that no discipline was taken can cause a divide. Patterson missed a practice and got cut. Guess it all depends on who's doing the mishap.
    Atljet60
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by Atljet60 on Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 9:46

The time zone change does not come into play coming from the east. Simply put, anyone gains time traveling west and lose time traveling east. Besides Rex practices keeping the time the same when traveling to the west coast. What does this show about leadership?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 20 Oct 2017 - 15:44