Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+23
JohnnyBaseball
Hunter07
Old#15
DonMaynard
hobson54
jetkwondo
trico990
HYATT™
soj
MachinaVerde
The Wicker Man
NCgreen12
LIJETFAN
Atljet60
lnap23
SackExchange
Metjetgal
football51
Sarge
Blindsidebrick
NickSINYC
Superman55
NYJETSDAN16
27 posters

New York Jets @ Green Bay Packers (CBS)-4:25PM ET

lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

New York Jets @ Green Bay Packers (CBS)-4:25PM ET - Page 13 Empty Re: New York Jets @ Green Bay Packers (CBS)-4:25PM ET

Post by lnap23 Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 13:45

JohnnyBaseball wrote:
    lnap23 wrote:Funny thing is the Defense stopped GB cold on all 3 or 4 drives after that scrum..

I mean, to be fair, they did almost get back into the game, and probably SHOULD have had the tying touchdown. It was more the way they looked like the game sped up after that, especially on offense. I would like to see a bit more composure going forward. I understand being pissed, I feel like we get screwed on like every penalty. But what they did never helps, I guess.

I agree... Much rather have MO playing than not.... and much rather see a team that doesn't lose their cool in bug spots.
    JohnnyBaseball
    JohnnyBaseball
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

New York Jets @ Green Bay Packers (CBS)-4:25PM ET - Page 13 Empty Re: New York Jets @ Green Bay Packers (CBS)-4:25PM ET

Post by JohnnyBaseball Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 13:49

lnap23 wrote:I agree... Much rather have MO playing than not.... and much rather see a team that doesn't lose their cool in bug spots.

Yeah, it's just a concern because you know that a team that wants to win the Super Bowl may have to go through some tough, close games. And that they may have to engage in one of those back and forth types of games where they don't always have the momentum. Those games won't always come in Week 2! They just need to handle themselves better than that. But hopefully they learn a bit of a lesson here.
    Metjetgal
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Metjetgal Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 13:53

lnap23 wrote:
    Metjetgal wrote:I wonder if Idzik is worried about the secondary now? This game was so typical. Cro looked pretty decent against the Giants. We are woefully thin at wr and cb. I'm so angry I don't even want to think about this game. Just want to move on. Schedule doesn't get any easier, and we rally need to avoid 1-3 for Sept.

overreacting here.... the scheme of our D didn't adjust when Rodgers did.  That was the problem.  Other than the Milliner blown coverage the D played perfectly in the scheme.  McCarthy adjusted to it and called the right plays against it and Rodgers picked us a part because we didn't adjust.  Not gonna let this game make me worry about the secondary... Talk to me in 3-4 weeks though and I might change my mind. Razz
    I'm worried, but I've been worried since day one so....

Just feel we are woefully thin at CB and WR. cyclops
    Metjetgal
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Metjetgal Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 13:55

Besides the call we go in the Pats game last yr (which was the right call), does anything ever go our way!!!???? scratch cherry WTF
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 14:30

JohnnyBaseball wrote:It was not good to see the team completely lose their composure yesterday. That's a very bad sign. Things started going poorly, and they couldn't handle it. They looked panicked, and then later, they looked like they were throwing a temper tantrum and almost looked ready to quit. I do not like what I saw from the team yesterday, in terms of maturity.
    JB, I posted yesterday that we would see what kind of FB team we have and like you I am concerned that this is another undisciplined team.  How do you not know what the hell is going on with the TO - we seen this before - or have the team lose complete control.  Why wouldn't you call a TO then and pull everyone togehre and say WTF are you doing...  maybe just maybe Rex hasn't grown as much as we think as a HC..   affraid
    lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by lnap23 Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 14:34

Metjetgal wrote:
    lnap23 wrote:
    Metjetgal wrote:I wonder if Idzik is worried about the secondary now? This game was so typical. Cro looked pretty decent against the Giants. We are woefully thin at wr and cb. I'm so angry I don't even want to think about this game. Just want to move on. Schedule doesn't get any easier, and we rally need to avoid 1-3 for Sept.

overreacting here.... the scheme of our D didn't adjust when Rodgers did.  That was the problem.  Other than the Milliner blown coverage the D played perfectly in the scheme.  McCarthy adjusted to it and called the right plays against it and Rodgers picked us a part because we didn't adjust.  Not gonna let this game make me worry about the secondary... Talk to me in 3-4 weeks though and I might change my mind. Razz
    I'm worried, but I've been worried since day one so....

Just feel we are woefully thin at CB and WR. cyclops

We may be thin on above avg talent at CB and WR but overall I think they are solid and a 100% Healthy Miliner and Decker is sorely needed... I can see your point if they go down but I'll argue we are fine at CB in that situation compared to WR... Our G play on offnse is going to make or break our offense and possibly our team this year.  Not CB and Not Wr.... if Geno gets time and the run game is going we will be fine.... Our Gurds will be the key I promise you that.
    lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by lnap23 Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 14:35

Metjetgal wrote:Besides the call we go in the Pats game last yr (which was the right call), does anything ever go our way!!!???? scratch cherry WTF

No never!!! Mad
    trico990
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by trico990 Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 15:29

I've been a Jet fan for my whole life and would never change allegiance but I bet I wasn't the only fan that when the game was 21 -3 prayed instead of celebrating. I love my team but damn it's hard to be a Jet fan!!!
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 15:41

trico990 wrote:I've been a Jet fan for my whole life and would never change allegiance but I bet I wasn't the only fan that when the game was 21 -3 prayed instead of celebrating. I love my team but damn it's hard to be a Jet fan!!!
    I was still celebrating at 21-3 until the INT and we missed tacking on a minimum of 3 more points. That's when I started praying.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 15:44

Great teams know how to hold 18 point leads and keep their foot on the opponent's throat. Great teams finish games like this. It was almost as if the Jets were just as shocked by the score as everyone else in the stadium, and didn't know what to do. 

I'm on board officially with cutting Quigley. He's awful. And I've gotta say, this is the first time I've really had an issue with MM. Ivory and CJ we're getting stuffed all day long. GB wanted Geno to have to beat them. Their plan succeeded. Our overall approach was questionable once GB starting coming back. 

Well, it was a tough road game we weren't supposed to win anyway. Try to take something outta that, and let's go kick Chicago's butt Monday night.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 16:39

You guy's hit on most the nails in the coffin; however, I have a different complaint. Why is Marty totally running Chris Johnson up the gut ? We need to get CJ in open space as quickly as we can. He is not being utilized right now. He might be our most explosive player on the team.
    I saw 25 on the sidelines, is Alex Green still on our team ?
    Sarge needs to put out weekly 53 & 49 list.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by lnap23 Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 16:53

Gotta agree Cy... I think this was a game to pound Ivory up the gut for the first 2 qtrs. Sprinkling in CJ for some edge rushes as well as a screen pass or two.... Didn't see one Traditional RB screen.. We tried twice to run the WR screen to CJ... First one was a terrible call, having CJ stand still waiting for the pass to get there. and the 2nd one was a bd throw with CJ on the move.  I liked the 2nd one but the throw was awful
    Lakerfan1980
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by Lakerfan1980 Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 17:10

Marty blew this game.  With the team up 21-6 and moving the ball he brings in Vick on 2nd down.  Play fails, 3rd down is converted and GB gets another field goal.  Next drive team is moving ball, under 4 minutes and the ill fated call to Sudfeld deep. We didn't need that, jus get the FG back and come out of the half receiving the ball.....then the timeout
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 17:11

lnap23 wrote:Gotta agree Cy... I think this was a game to pound Ivory up the gut for the first 2 qtrs. Sprinkling in CJ for some edge rushes as well as a screen pass or two.... Didn't see one Traditional RB screen.. We tried twice to run the WR screen to CJ... First one was a terrible call, having CJ stand still waiting for the pass to get there. and the 2nd one was a bd throw with CJ on the move.  I liked the 2nd one but the throw was awful

I forgot about that one.  As an OC, you hope and pray for a CJ vs. Julius Peppers matchup in space.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 20:12

Old#15 wrote:
    lnap23 wrote:Gotta agree Cy... I think this was a game to pound Ivory up the gut for the first 2 qtrs. Sprinkling in CJ for some edge rushes as well as a screen pass or two.... Didn't see one Traditional RB screen.. We tried twice to run the WR screen to CJ... First one was a terrible call, having CJ stand still waiting for the pass to get there. and the 2nd one was a bd throw with CJ on the move.  I liked the 2nd one but the throw was awful

I forgot about that one.  As an OC, you hope and pray for a CJ vs. Julius Peppers matchup in space.

First game we lost due to a lack WR and CB depth not being addressed.  As soon as Decker went out, we had nothing except Kerley.  I wont say the play calling was great, but Salas couldnt get separation across the middle and GB started doubling Kerley (even on the timeout play he was double covered).

I know no one agrees, but not adding a #2 CB or WR in the offseason definitely bogged down the offense and made playing a 80% Milliner a must.

On the other hand, we lost to GB at GB due to a BS timeout.  Not that GB is anything special, they're an 8-7-1 team last year even with Aaron Rodgers...they'll be an 8-8 team this year too.  Due to not adding a #2 CB or #2 WR...we likely will be too.

Would have liked to see Pryor finally make an impact or Amaro make some plays.  Rookies, despite 12 picks, aren't helping us at all.

Ivory looks like he lost some weight and has some wiggle, love what he's giving us and TBo made up for a lack of production from the TEs.  Really wish Geno recognized the blitz on that INT because he had a TE in the flats wide open but Sudfeld did break wide open.  Geno was hot but the second half as soon as Decker went out, our offense went out.  Tate, Sanders, DJax, Catchery, Maclin, Nicks, Andre Roberts, Miles Austin, or Riley Cooper sure would have helped this week...but I guess that stack of money we're sitting on was worth giving Stephen Hill another chance.   Evil or Very Mad 

Oh well, lack of depth and we definitely looked young and conservative once we got the lead.  Wont be the last time.   Sad 

We just lost to a mediocre Packers team that will likely finish last in the division.   pale
    JETMAN10
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by JETMAN10 Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 21:41

The team played a lot better than I thought they would, Geno showed a command of the offense that I haven't seen in a long time. Of course we took the ball from Geno and went "ground and pound" and instead of a coming out party for Geno and the Jets it, turned into the same old Jets. Bad coaching once again.
    Polishjetfan
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by Polishjetfan Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 21:59

1) it's nice to be on a board w the whole old crew away from those clowns on the other site!!!

2) I can't stand the "soj Joe Beningo" type jets fans who are to cowardly to say they felt good being up 18 points because they want reserve the "I told u they were going to blow it" right.  These ppl Remind me of that one fan from Major League who is w his other two buddies in the bleachers, is always negative, and always dismisses the positive things his team does. HATE THAT GUY!!!

3) suuuuch a tough loss. Can't blow an 18 point lead but then again so many things went against them for that to happen that I tend to feel positive about the teams potential this season. 

4) losing Decker hurts BAD!!! I think if the team had a top 5 wr along w Decker the Jets would be a top 5 team!!
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 22:33

I still don't agree about the cb's. Revis was abused by Wallace week one, Calvin destroyed the Giants dream secondary, Marshall caught 3 td's against the 49er's yesterday, and Gates caught 3 td's against possibly the best secondary in football. Yes, it's a passing league(even if the SB winning teams are run first lately), but with the rules getting stricter for db's every year, no cb is going to shutdown anyone. Eli and the anemic Giants were getting the better of Patrick Peterson yesterday too. I think the cb storyline is overblown.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 22:38

football51 wrote:I still don't agree about the cb's. Revis was abused by Wallace week one, Calvin destroyed the Giants dream secondary, Marshall caught 3 td's against the 49er's yesterday, and Gates caught 3 td's against possibly the best secondary in football. Yes, it's a passing league(even if the SB winning teams are run first lately), but with the rules getting stricter for db's every year, no cb is going to shutdown anyone. Eli and the anemic Giants were getting the better of Patrick Peterson yesterday too. I think the cb storyline is overblown.

I thought the pass rush looked better this week than last week.  We had fairly consistent pressure on Rodgers other than a few stretched.  Even on the 97 yard drive Babin had two solid licks on him, one for 15 yards.
    trico990
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by trico990 Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 22:53

NickSINYC wrote:
    trico990 wrote:I've been a Jet fan for my whole life and would never change allegiance but I bet I wasn't the only fan that when the game was 21 -3 prayed instead of celebrating. I love my team but damn it's hard to be a Jet fan!!!
    I was still celebrating at 21-3 until the INT and we missed tacking on a minimum of 3 more points. That's when I started praying.

Kudos Nick. I was with some other Jet fans and we all looked at each other and said "no they can't blow this can they?".
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 22:59

Some TOJ thoughts and observations on yesterday's loss.

·New York Jets @ Green Bay Packers (CBS)-4:25PM ET - Page 13 Cs0NtT7z_normal Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets                                      8h
    You can't fire and bench everybody after every single loss, #Jets fans. Your team ain't going 16-0.

· New York Jets @ Green Bay Packers (CBS)-4:25PM ET - Page 13 Cs0NtT7z_normal Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets  ·              8h
    There will be people who spend 8 days destroying how team is built and then pick them to beat Chicago. Completely illogical.

·New York Jets @ Green Bay Packers (CBS)-4:25PM ET - Page 13 Cs0NtT7z_normal Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets                                       8h
    SF lost in their home opener to a CHI who lost to BUF. Sea lost by 9 to SD on the road. NE lost to MIA by double digits. Teams lose games.

·New York Jets @ Green Bay Packers (CBS)-4:25PM ET - Page 13 Cs0NtT7z_normal Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets                                       8h
    Working off what @Disable_MMi said. Don't tell me #Jets should fire Idzik or spend all morning ripping him out of one side of your mouth...

·New York Jets @ Green Bay Packers (CBS)-4:25PM ET - Page 13 Cs0NtT7z_normal Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets                                      8h
    ...and tell me #Jets should have beat GB out of the other. Guessing you liked the team construction when it was 21-3 in Lambeau

· New York Jets @ Green Bay Packers (CBS)-4:25PM ET - Page 13 Cs0NtT7z_normal Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets                                      8h
    #LRT - Sudfeld is 8 inches taller than Tramon Williams BTW

New York Jets @ Green Bay Packers (CBS)-4:25PM ET - Page 13 BxmEA8oIgAAC09D

· New York Jets @ Green Bay Packers (CBS)-4:25PM ET - Page 13 Cs0NtT7z_normal Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets                                      10h
    #Raiders FA heavy approach also looks like it is going to equal about a 2-14 record. Likely McKenzie's last year there

· New York Jets @ Green Bay Packers (CBS)-4:25PM ET - Page 13 Cs0NtT7z_normal Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets                                      11h
    Considering DRC's start and Thurmond's injury...not a good look for Reese on spending big in secondary so far. Pitfalls of FA heavy approach

Also, not sure if this was already posted..............

·New York Jets @ Green Bay Packers (CBS)-4:25PM ET - Page 13 Headshot_Manish_Mehta_normal Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN                                       8h
    Another wrinkle to Jets Timeout Gate: The play was whistled dead AFTER Nick Mangold had already snapped it to Geno Smith. #nyj
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 23:08

· New York Jets @ Green Bay Packers (CBS)-4:25PM ET - Page 13 LW31qU_D_normal Rich Cimini @RichCimini                                      8h
    Takeaways from Sunday: Jets can be formidable when clicking. Lack of discipline. Milliner was over-used. Offense too Decker-reliant. #nyj
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 16 Sep 2014 - 15:02

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 18 Sep 2014 - 15:40

New York Jets @ Green Bay Packers (CBS)-4:25PM ET - Page 13 MedxWKg4_normalBrian Costello [ltr]@BrianCoz[/ltr] · 28m
    [ltr]Mo Wilkerson said he was fined for the fight Sunday #nyj[/ltr]
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 19 Sep 2014 - 11:02

How no Packer was even penalized during that scuffle, when Richardson's helmet was torn off his head, is just amazing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024 - 3:45