Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+11
lnap23
WilliesDad
LIJETFAN
MachinaVerde
hobson54
NickSINYC
HYATT™
football51
NYJETSDAN16
GratefulJet
Superman55
15 posters

Very Important Announcement - Please Read

MachinaVerde
    MachinaVerde
    Admin
    Admin

Very Important Announcement - Please Read - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Important Announcement - Please Read

Post by MachinaVerde Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 16:25

GratefulJet wrote:MV, I just want to thank you for setting this up and running it. If you think the other place is worth doing, I'm there.

thanks man, it looks absolutely worth it.  I have started sending members here the Password to get on the new site.  The Username is the same as here
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Very Important Announcement - Please Read - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Important Announcement - Please Read

Post by The Wicker Man Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 16:43

They better like my "Eddie" Av! Cool
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 16:56

The Wicker Man wrote:They better like my "Eddie" Av! Cool

avatars there can be no larger than 125px x 125px 19.5 kb hope it qualifies.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 17:21

this was just posted there

fyi - I've increased the kb limit on avatars. It's 50 kb now.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sat 7 Feb 2015 - 12:43

NickSINYC wrote:
    MachinaVerde wrote:This board was started in August of last year just prior to the Jets Insider/Scout merger.  This was not the route we all wanted to go but it was a road we were forced down due to the anticipated influx of bad behavior.

Since that time this board has made tremendous strides.  And all the credit goes to you, the members. We have consistently stated that it is not the quantity but the quality and I am proud that we have stuck to that model.  

I have had recent conversations with a group of like minded Jets fans who are in a similar predicament. Their board is small and the membership is solid. They are like us.  Respectable fans with no trolling tolerated.  

I am in discussions with them about merging our membership.  Please don't fear change.  Let me assure you that you will not be flung into an insane illogical crowd.  I have done the due diligence.  This is a great board we would be moving to.  

Why us move there and not them move here? Simply stated their board is better and you will agree when you see it.

In theory this is the way it would work, everyone would have an account waiting for them on the new board with a generic password that you can change to suit you.  After a short-while there would be a redirect that would send visitors from this board to the new board.  

I know we have been through a lot with the move but this new board looks like it could be our permanent home.  If you would like to check it out in advance please feel free: http://nyjetsfanatics.com/content.php

There is a forum page but also a news page with contributing articles.

This thread will be reserved for questions and concerns. Do not be afraid, this will be a measured move.  

very best,

Jack (MachinaVerde)

I will check out the board now. I will say upfront I have faith in your judgement after seeing the job you did here.

I 2nd that. Great job Machina.
    MachinaVerde
    MachinaVerde
    Admin
    Admin

Post by MachinaVerde Sat 7 Feb 2015 - 14:36

great guys, a bunch of us are over there already, let's keep it up!
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 7 Feb 2015 - 14:46

MachinaVerde wrote:great guys, a bunch of us are over there already, let's keep it up!

Machina, I pm'd you on the new board about posting pictures.
    HYATT™
    HYATT™
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by HYATT™ Mon 9 Feb 2015 - 2:05

Nostradamus says:
    Having been down this road many times too often, this is your future.
    Everyone will move to the new PAID software board, and things will seemingly go smoothly for a while.
    Then one day you will receive a PM that says the cost of the software and server space has gone up and if it's possible, could you make a small - very small, 1-time donation, of $5 or $10 to cover the shortfall that is occurring because the site administrator lost his job, house burned down without insurance, economy tanked taking his 401k with it.......

It will be SOMETHING, trust me.
    It will also NOT be a "1-time" thingy.
    In a few months, another PM will arrive, asking for another small donation to cover some unforeseen expense, and so it will go, until the monthly donation drive chart pops up on the front page as a way to prompt your guilt bag into dumping yet one MORE "small donation" into their checkbooks.

If I posted a list of web sites I've belonged to that followed that road, it might well be my most epic tome ever.
    Paid software = donation requests, inevitably & PERMANENTLY.

So predicts Nostradamus.

Very Important Announcement - Please Read - Page 2 Nostradamus2
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Mon 9 Feb 2015 - 7:00

Hyatt........... if? maybe? You could be right but we are a tight knit group and if that happens we will find a soft landing spot even if I have to make it. Right now most of us have moved so please join us and lets see what happens.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Mon 9 Feb 2015 - 10:00

NickSINYC wrote:Hyatt........... if?  maybe? You could be right but we are a tight knit group and if that happens we will find a soft landing spot even if I have to make it. Right now most of us have moved so please join us and lets see what happens.

i agree nick.

HYATT, it seems like a good group that is interested in talking intelligently about the jets without the silliness that was on the JI/Scout board.

worst case, if they start asking for money, we can come back here
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 9 Feb 2015 - 11:27

Exactly. We don't have to give up this board, even if we go over there. This is our permanent backup, at worst.
    MachinaVerde
    MachinaVerde
    Admin
    Admin

Post by MachinaVerde Tue 10 Feb 2015 - 9:10

NickSINYC wrote:Hyatt........... if?  maybe? You could be right but we are a tight knit group and if that happens we will find a soft landing spot even if I have to make it. Right now most of us have moved so please join us and lets see what happens.

agreed the whole reason for the move is to stir in more members and have a larger group of guys.  These are JI rebels, they rejected that model just like we did which is why they started this new board.  So sure, there are never guarantees (unless you are Joe Willy) but this is a good move.
    LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by LIJETFAN Wed 11 Feb 2015 - 9:21

So just to be clear, we're keeping this board? Which by the way, I really like. I think you did a great job MachinaVerde.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Wed 11 Feb 2015 - 10:07

LIJETFAN wrote:So just to be clear, we're keeping this board?  Which by the way, I really like.  I think you did a great job MachinaVerde.

i think this board is being kept only as a backup. come on over to the new board. many of the posters here (and previously scout) have moved over. it looks like a great new home, combining many of our/scout regulars with JI refugees who want nothing to do with how that place used to be run.
    WilliesDad
    Honorary Test Pilot
    Honorary Test Pilot

Post by WilliesDad Wed 11 Feb 2015 - 17:30

LIJETFAN wrote:So just to be clear, we're keeping this board?  Which by the way, I really like.  I think you did a great job MachinaVerde.

I concur, on both counts.
    MachinaVerde
    MachinaVerde
    Admin
    Admin

Post by MachinaVerde Wed 11 Feb 2015 - 20:00

thanks man. The new board is my baby too. I want you to think of it as our home. Sure this board will be around but it will be a ghost town because all of us will be on the new one. The new board is OUR board. We have ownership and it's going to be everything we hoped for
    MachinaVerde
    MachinaVerde
    Admin
    Admin

Post by MachinaVerde Wed 11 Feb 2015 - 20:02

I m stuck in Baton Rouge waiting for a limo. What the hell am I doing in louisiana?
    lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by lnap23 Thu 12 Feb 2015 - 13:05

I have crazy busy lately haven't been able to post as much as I would like to... So I am just getting up to speed on this turn of events..... MV great job here, I went over to our old board and it is going downhill fast. No respect for other posters and the heated discussions are just complete garbage, cussing, street talk... So glad this place was created by you, so THANK YOU... With that said I will go register at the new board now but love knowing this place is here for us.
    '
    Lou
    MachinaVerde
    MachinaVerde
    Admin
    Admin

Post by MachinaVerde Thu 12 Feb 2015 - 13:33

lnap23 wrote:I have crazy busy lately haven't been able to post as much as I would like to... So I am just getting up to speed on this turn of events..... MV great job here, I went over to our old board and it is going downhill fast.  No respect for other posters and the heated discussions are just complete garbage, cussing, street talk... So glad this place was created by you, so THANK YOU... With that said I will go register at the new board now but love knowing this place is here for us.
    '
    Lou

great, you will love it over there at the new place
    jetsfanshanghai
    jetsfanshanghai
    Honorary Test Pilot
    Honorary Test Pilot

Post by jetsfanshanghai Thu 12 Feb 2015 - 19:46

MachinaVerde wrote:
    lnap23 wrote:I have crazy busy lately haven't been able to post as much as I would like to... So I am just getting up to speed on this turn of events..... MV great job here, I went over to our old board and it is going downhill fast.  No respect for other posters and the heated discussions are just complete garbage, cussing, street talk... So glad this place was created by you, so THANK YOU... With that said I will go register at the new board now but love knowing this place is here for us.
    '
    Lou

great, you will love it over there at the new place

MV, the other board is a very good community and I am enjoying reading over there. Thanks for the hard work in both setting up here AND giving us the ability to join with the others.

HYATT™
    HYATT™
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by HYATT™ Fri 13 Feb 2015 - 15:07

2 quick comments on the new site.

1.) Can't seem to get in and can't seem to register HYATT™ or get a new password at any known email either, as it appears to already be in use.
    Go figger, who'd want to be HYATT™.

2.) Username sidebars are a fukkin real estate MESS!
    They eat up over 60% of the page real estate with nothing but blank space, given that few people are as verbose or prolific as HYATT™ and can actually fill up that much white space with enough cogent thoughts strung together into a single post to make it necessary.
    Forum posters just aren't in the habit of posting more than a couple sentences at a time, 95% of the time, even if they quote someone first.

Stop being worried about posters petty personal ego issues about post count or other user data metrics - nobody but them shivs a git how many 1 sentence posts they've made on a site.
    It'd prolly be more useful to know now many words they've posted, than 1 sentence LOL or +1 posts.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 14 Feb 2015 - 11:36

HYATT™ wrote:2 quick comments on the new site.

1.) Can't seem to get in and can't seem to register HYATT™ or get a new password at any known email either, as it appears to already be in use.
    Go figger, who'd want to be HYATT™.

2.) Username sidebars are a fukkin real estate MESS!
    They eat up over 60% of the page real estate with nothing but blank space, given that few people are as verbose or prolific as HYATT™ and can actually fill up that much white space with enough cogent thoughts strung together into a single post to make it necessary.
    Forum posters just aren't in the habit of posting more than a couple sentences at a time, 95% of the time, even if they quote someone first.

Stop being worried about posters petty personal ego issues about post count or other user data metrics - nobody but them shivs a git how many 1 sentence posts they've made on a site.
    It'd prolly be more useful to know now many words they've posted, than 1 sentence LOL or +1 posts.

Hyatt, I pm'd you on Scout, but I'll put it here too.

Elias registered your name for you already and your password is jets. Hope to see you there soon.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 9 Nov 2015 - 10:19

It may be time to resurrect this site.
    lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by lnap23 Mon 9 Nov 2015 - 12:13

SackExchange wrote:It may be time to resurrect this site.

Jeez can't we just find a home.... Crying or Very sad
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Mon 9 Nov 2015 - 12:22

What happened?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024 - 6:32