A New Community for Jets Fans

Very Important Announcement - Please Read

MachinaVerde
    Admin
    Admin

Very Important Announcement - Please Read

Post by MachinaVerde on Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 14:56

This board was started in August of last year just prior to the Jets Insider/Scout merger.  This was not the route we all wanted to go but it was a road we were forced down due to the anticipated influx of bad behavior.

Since that time this board has made tremendous strides.  And all the credit goes to you, the members. We have consistently stated that it is not the quantity but the quality and I am proud that we have stuck to that model.  

I have had recent conversations with a group of like minded Jets fans who are in a similar predicament. Their board is small and the membership is solid. They are like us.  Respectable fans with no trolling tolerated.  

I am in discussions with them about merging our membership.  Please don't fear change.  Let me assure you that you will not be flung into an insane illogical crowd.  I have done the due diligence.  This is a great board we would be moving to.  

Why us move there and not them move here? Simply stated their board is better and you will agree when you see it.

In theory this is the way it would work, everyone would have an account waiting for them on the new board with a generic password that you can change to suit you.  After a short-while there would be a redirect that would send visitors from this board to the new board.  

I know we have been through a lot with the move but this new board looks like it could be our permanent home.  If you would like to check it out in advance please feel free: http://nyjetsfanatics.com/content.php

There is a forum page but also a news page with contributing articles.

This thread will be reserved for questions and concerns. Do not be afraid, this will be a measured move.  

very best,

Jack (MachinaVerde)
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Re: Very Important Announcement - Please Read

Post by NickSINYC on Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 15:25

MachinaVerde wrote:This board was started in August of last year just prior to the Jets Insider/Scout merger.  This was not the route we all wanted to go but it was a road we were forced down due to the anticipated influx of bad behavior.

Since that time this board has made tremendous strides.  And all the credit goes to you, the members. We have consistently stated that it is not the quantity but the quality and I am proud that we have stuck to that model.  

I have had recent conversations with a group of like minded Jets fans who are in a similar predicament. Their board is small and the membership is solid. They are like us.  Respectable fans with no trolling tolerated.  

I am in discussions with them about merging our membership.  Please don't fear change.  Let me assure you that you will not be flung into an insane illogical crowd.  I have done the due diligence.  This is a great board we would be moving to.  

Why us move there and not them move here? Simply stated their board is better and you will agree when you see it.

In theory this is the way it would work, everyone would have an account waiting for them on the new board with a generic password that you can change to suit you.  After a short-while there would be a redirect that would send visitors from this board to the new board.  

I know we have been through a lot with the move but this new board looks like it could be our permanent home.  If you would like to check it out in advance please feel free: http://nyjetsfanatics.com/content.php

There is a forum page but also a news page with contributing articles.

This thread will be reserved for questions and concerns. Do not be afraid, this will be a measured move.  

very best,

Jack (MachinaVerde)

I will check out the board now. I will say upfront I have faith in your judgement after seeing the job you did here.
    MachinaVerde
    Admin
    Admin

Post by MachinaVerde on Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 15:40

thanks bro, that really means a lot.  I like these guys, really good vibe off of them
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC on Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 15:41

After reading through a few threads I can see your point. They are a mellow group. I did not see any drama.

If we go I will miss the twitter feed on our board. I didn't like it to begin with but I have grown to use it often.

If we go will we have to start out as new accounts of will our posts be carried over?

If they are will the total of our old board plus the current one be used?

Will you Admin there also?

Will Sack be a mod there?

SackExchange

Post by SackExchange on Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 15:52

I don't see any drama, and I certainly see value in exploring it.

Perhaps we go over there, but also keep this here as a haven for scout guys? Just a thought.
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange on Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 15:54

NickSINYC wrote:After reading through a few threads I can see your point. They are a mellow group. I did not see any drama.

If we go I will miss the twitter feed on our board. I didn't like it to begin with but I have grown to use it often.

If we go will we have to start out as new accounts of will our posts be carried over?

I really like the Twitter feed, as well. Excellent way to get caught up on big news very quickly.

I've grown quite comfortable here, to be honest, but have no issue with checking out the other group. So far, they look good, but I am in no rush to leave here, either.
    MachinaVerde
    Admin
    Admin

Post by MachinaVerde on Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 15:59

they actually have a twitter feed as well
    MachinaVerde
    Admin
    Admin

Post by MachinaVerde on Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 16:01

SackExchange wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:After reading through a few threads I can see your point. They are a mellow group. I did not see any drama.

I really like the Twitter feed, as well. Excellent way to get caught up on big news very quickly.

I've grown quite comfortable here, to be honest, but have no issue with checking out the other group. So far, they look good, but I am in no rush to leave here, either.

understood, and initially I wasn't either but the thought of getting some new blood and invigorating some of the conversation would be nice
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC on Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 16:03

MachinaVerde wrote:they actually have a twitter feed as well

Is there a way to attach it to the board the way it is here? If it is a second page I would just open my own feed. Being attached make it more convenient.
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC on Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 16:05

MachinaVerde wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:

understood, and initially I wasn't either but the thought of getting some new blood and invigorating some of the conversation would be nice

I think the extra posters would be great. Is there anyway they would reconsider joining us here?
    MachinaVerde
    Admin
    Admin

Post by MachinaVerde on Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 16:15

I did consider that Nick the issue is that they have more people to migrate and they also have paid for software where ours was free.  The admin said that they can create all of your usernames and give you a password so all you have to do is show up and start posting
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 on Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 16:36

MachinaVerde wrote:I did consider that Nick the issue is that they have more people to migrate and they also have paid for software where ours was free.  The admin said that they can create all of your usernames and give you a password so all you have to do is show up and start posting

When would the admin. start doing that?
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange on Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 16:54

I already took the half-minute or so it would take to register. I'm in.
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC on Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 16:59

SackExchange wrote:I already took the half-minute or so it would take to register. I'm in.

I saw your post where did you get the log on info?
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange on Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 17:04

NickSINYC wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:I already took the half-minute or so it would take to register. I'm in.

Click on one of the forums, and you should see a link about registering. "Register." Should be on there.

Let me know if you have it or not.
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC on Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 17:06

SackExchange wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:

Click on one of the forums, and you should see a link about registering. "Register." Should be on there.

Did you just register a new account?
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 on Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 17:09

NickSINYC wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:

Did you just register a new account?

Sack, I thought the accounts were going to be set up by the admin. You registered a new one?
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange on Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 17:14

I did. Took 30 seconds. Easy as could be.
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange on Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 17:17

I like the visuals and graphics a lot better here, to be honest.
    jetsfanshanghai
    Honorary Test Pilot
    Honorary Test Pilot

Post by jetsfanshanghai on Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 20:54

MachinaVerde wrote:I did consider that Nick the issue is that they have more people to migrate and they also have paid for software where ours was free.  The admin said that they can create all of your usernames and give you a password so all you have to do is show up and start posting

MV, if this forum is free then there is no reason to close it down.

I like Sack's comment that we should keep this place as well as a 'safe haven'

I have poped over to the other place and it looks ok so I'll probably register there as well for another perspective but here will still be my main landing spot for all things Jets related.

You have done a fantastic job of re-creating what we had before the merger and, quite frankly, I don't see the need to change anything.

Have their Admin create a sticky thread announcing we exist and we'll welcome them to our place just as you have told us about them. Let posters who wish to frequent multi-forums do as they wish from both sides of the park.

That way the forum gets the 'fresh blood' and so does theirs.

Just my two-penneth worth
    MachinaVerde
    Admin
    Admin

Post by MachinaVerde on Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 8:42

let me clear up some concerns.  

The other site is being upgraded so its appearance and graphics will surpass this one. I've seen the beta and its great.  We will also be incorporating the things we like about this board in terms of newsfeeds.

Also, yes this forum is free but I am the lone administrator with Sack acting as a mod.  It's not really been an issue as everyone is cool but there are times when I am overseas for a week or two at a time and the site has had issues.  Point being its not a one man job.

Finally, I view our site statistics regularly and its a busy day here when we have 5 posters.  Five.  I am talking about moving to a site that would have about 15-20 on a given day.  Nothing crazy.  I am just asking that people try.

You can register there as Sack and Nick did or the admin there can setup an account for you.  The latter suggestion was just to ease the transition.
    MachinaVerde
    Admin
    Admin

Post by MachinaVerde on Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 12:06

also to follow up, I am an admin on the new board so it is as much ours as theirs.  We are basically just taking this board to a more capable system with slightly more traffic.  The look of the new board will change quite a bit in the coming weeks and months.  Its a very new site, only a couple of months old so you will get to see the changes as they happen.

Again, I will evaluate anything that is missing on the new board with your input and make that happen.  No worries there
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 on Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 13:06

Ill try it out over the weekend. Thanks for the heads up.
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC on Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 13:07

MachinaVerde wrote:also to follow up, I am an admin on the new board so it is as much ours as theirs.  We are basically just taking this board to a more capable system with slightly more traffic.  The look of the new board will change quite a bit in the coming weeks and months.  Its a very new site, only a couple of months old so you will get to see the changes as they happen.

Again, I will evaluate anything that is missing on the new board with your input and make that happen.  No worries there

I would just like to add they appear to be a great bunch of Jet fans. They are knowledgeable and friendly. Every interaction I have had there has been pleasant. Try it you may be surprised and like it.
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet on Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 16:24

MV, I just want to thank you for setting this up and running it. If you think the other place is worth doing, I'm there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 18 Aug 2017 - 17:58