Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+3
NickSINYC
SackExchange
Superman55
7 posters

Chris Johnson

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Chris Johnson  Empty Chris Johnson

Post by Superman55 Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 13:42

Starting his own thread. Wouldn't be surprised if this happens to allow for most of his salary to head Spiller's way. I just thought id start a thread to track all the rumors until his roster spot remains or ends...

Chris Johnson - RB - Jets
    ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini says the Jets will probably cut Chris Johnson before his option bonus is due Feb. 16.
    The Jets can save $3.5M against the cap by dumping Johnson. It should be a no-brainer to move on from a part-time speed back, one that will turn 30 in September, is behind Chris Ivory on the depth chart and carries some off-field headaches. If Johnson is indeed cut, he will find a very cold market and would have to settle for a role-player salary in order to stay in the league. The artist formerly known as CJ2K produced a 155-663-1 line in his first year as a Jet.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Chris Johnson  Empty Re: Chris Johnson

Post by SackExchange Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 15:35

I think CJ is gone, with Spiller coming here. It may be Gailey's greatest contribution to the team...that, and his flexibility in bringing along either a rookie QB or Geno.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 15:44

SackExchange wrote:I think CJ is gone, with Spiller coming here. It may be Gailey's greatest contribution to the team...that, and his flexibility in bringing along either a rookie QB or Geno.

+1
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 16:11

NickSINYC wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:I think CJ is gone, with Spiller coming here. It may be Gailey's greatest contribution to the team...that, and his flexibility in bringing along either a rookie QB or Geno.

+1

those 2 things and his ability to fit his system to the players he has available. I think if we keep harvin, like others around the league have said, you'll see the Harvin that was on the Vikings. Just like Spiller only has had 1 monster year since being drafted...his last year with Gailey. Gailey knows how to match his offense to what his weapons do best (like I said on another thread, he made Kordell Stewart look like a franchise QB and got Fitzpatrick a $60 mill contract)... Gaily will maytch what players do best with his system, which bodes well for keeping Harvin, adding spiller, and developing Amaro and a young QB (geno or someone else)...

soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 15:56

Superman55 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:

+1

those 2 things and his ability to fit his system to the players he has available.  I think if we keep harvin, like others around the league have said, you'll see the Harvin that was on the Vikings.  Just like Spiller only has had 1 monster year since being drafted...his last year with Gailey.  Gailey knows how to match his offense to what his weapons do best (like I said on another thread, he made Kordell Stewart look like a franchise QB and got Fitzpatrick a $60 mill contract)...  Gaily will maytch what players do best with his system, which bodes well for keeping Harvin, adding spiller, and developing Amaro and a young QB (geno or someone else)...

Agree, we took a chance with CJ but really he was disappointing. Harvin...I am just do not think he is worth 10mm but who knows maybe Gaiey will get the best out of all of them including Geno - What a Face
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sat 7 Feb 2015 - 11:27

Why are we so sure Spiller RB is coming here ? Spiller was unbelievable @ Clemson, and he had a great year under Gailey with the Bills, but honestly, CJ has not done anything in 2 straight seasons which concerns me ? I like the forgotten RB on our team, Bilial Powell was better than Johnson when he got his limited carries, which I don't understand ? When a RB has his "MOJO" going, why did Marty constantly pull that player ? Evil or Very Mad

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Metjetgal
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Metjetgal Tue 10 Feb 2015 - 20:40

I'll take Spiller for Johnson Cool
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander