A New Community for Jets Fans


    McShay: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

    Share

    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 474
    Points : 11569
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: McShay: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

    Post by cysporsche on Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 17:40

    I'm hearing that Kevin White WR from WVU is going to blow by Amari Cooper WR from Alabama in the draft after the Combines ? Saw a Mock Draft today that had White going #4 to the Raiders. Here's the million dollar question Jet brothers, what will new Mgt. do if Mariota is sitting there @ 6 ? It could happen. If we trade the pick, or go in a different direction, the fan base will start the bonfires and get our their pitch forks, and change the Idzik banner !

    Go Jets....Cyborg
    avatar
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

    Posts : 340
    Points : 1371
    Join date : 2014-10-22

    Re: McShay: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

    Post by Seaver on Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 17:47

    they're not drafting Luck. Not drafting Manning. They're looking at a question mark and I see too many posters here falling in the trap of need over best available. We don't even know if he's the next best available at his own position.......he's an unknown and as such you don't treat the pick with that little of respect. You have to nail it - not roll the dice and have no clue of the outcome. Nobody is calling him a franchise QB, so why would you invest like he was? Makes no sense to me.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19485
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: McShay: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

    Post by Superman55 on Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 17:58

    Seaver wrote:they're not drafting Luck.  Not drafting Manning.  They're looking at a question mark and I see too many posters here falling in the trap of need over best available.  We don't even know if he's the next best available at his own position.......he's an unknown and as such you don't treat the pick with that little of respect.  You have to nail it - not roll the dice and have no clue of the outcome.  Nobody is calling him a franchise QB, so why would you invest like he was?  Makes no sense to me.  

    Our new GM is a analytics guy and uses his formulas and draft grade process to select players. I think we trade back and go quantity over quality this year.

    McJet
    Honorary Group Captain

    Posts : 39
    Points : 2453
    Join date : 2014-09-07

    Re: McShay: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

    Post by McJet on Sat 7 Feb 2015 - 1:10

    yup, can't have enough quantity.....

    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 317
    Points : 6157
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : maryland US

    Re: McShay: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

    Post by Old#15 on Sat 7 Feb 2015 - 6:15

    Superman55 wrote:
    Seaver wrote:they're not drafting Luck.  Not drafting Manning.  They're looking at a question mark and I see too many posters here falling in the trap of need over best available.  We don't even know if he's the next best available at his own position.......he's an unknown and as such you don't treat the pick with that little of respect.  You have to nail it - not roll the dice and have no clue of the outcome.  Nobody is calling him a franchise QB, so why would you invest like he was?  Makes no sense to me.  

    Our new GM is a analytics guy and uses his formulas and draft grade process to select players.  I think we trade back and go quantity  over quality this year.

    I thought Idzik was fired Smile

    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 474
    Points : 11569
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: McShay: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

    Post by cysporsche on Sat 7 Feb 2015 - 11:14

    Superman55 wrote:
    Seaver wrote:they're not drafting Luck.  Not drafting Manning.  They're looking at a question mark and I see too many posters here falling in the trap of need over best available.  We don't even know if he's the next best available at his own position.......he's an unknown and as such you don't treat the pick with that little of respect.  You have to nail it - not roll the dice and have no clue of the outcome.  Nobody is calling him a franchise QB, so why would you invest like he was?  Makes no sense to me.  

    Our new GM is a analytics guy and uses his formulas and draft grade process to select players.  I think we trade back and go quantity  over quality this year.



    55, If our new GM is an actuarial numbers stats guy, would'nt that lead him directly @ Mariota QB. Mariota has some of the best stats @ QB I've ever seen. What if he hates Geno like you do ? Personally, I'm torn on Geno ? Geno is like golf, you play and suck for 15 rounds, and just as you're ready to quit, you shoot the best round of golf in your life with the 16th round.

    Geno in the 16th game against the Flippers was incredible. He had a perfect QB rating. Not sure if it was because his whole family was there because he was raised there, or if he was playing his heart out for Rex or what. But I saw talent with a strong arm, quick feet, and he was reading the whole field instead of locking in on a WR.

    I would almost agree with 55, in that Mariota is sitting there @ 6, I think some team (Eagles, Rams, Browns, Cowboys), would give up a ton to get him. Not RG3 amount for a 6th, but maybe a teams #1 this and next year and their #3 this year & next. I'd ask for 2 #one's & 2 # threes for Mariota. If we got those picks and kill the draft & free agency, the Jets will be ready for the future. Cheers

    Go Jets...Cyborg
    avatar
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 124
    Points : 8987
    Join date : 2014-09-11

    Re: McShay: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

    Post by NCgreen12 on Sun 8 Feb 2015 - 9:42

    cysporsche wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    Seaver wrote:they're not drafting Luck.  Not drafting Manning.  They're looking at a question mark and I see too many posters here falling in the trap of need over best available.  We don't even know if he's the next best available at his own position.......he's an unknown and as such you don't treat the pick with that little of respect.  You have to nail it - not roll the dice and have no clue of the outcome.  Nobody is calling him a franchise QB, so why would you invest like he was?  Makes no sense to me.  

    Our new GM is a analytics guy and uses his formulas and draft grade process to select players.  I think we trade back and go quantity  over quality this year.



    55, If our new GM is an actuarial numbers stats guy, would'nt that lead him directly @ Mariota QB. Mariota has some of the best stats @ QB I've ever seen. What if he hates Geno like you do ? Personally, I'm torn on Geno ? Geno is like golf, you play and suck for 15 rounds, and just as you're ready to quit, you shoot the best round of golf in your life with the 16th round.

    Geno in the 16th game against the Flippers was incredible. He had a perfect QB rating. Not sure if it was because his whole family was there because he was raised there, or if he was playing his heart out for Rex or what. But I saw talent with a strong arm, quick feet, and he was reading the whole field instead of locking in on a WR.

    I would almost agree with 55, in that Mariota is sitting there @ 6, I think some team (Eagles, Rams, Browns, Cowboys), would give up a ton to get him. Not RG3 amount for a 6th, but maybe a teams #1 this and next year and their #3 this year & next. I'd ask for 2 #one's & 2 # threes for Mariota. If we got those picks and kill the draft & free agency, the Jets will be ready for the future. Cheers

    Go Jets...Cyborg
    Cy - without a franchise QB do you really think we will be ready. Look at the final 4 QB's. Rodgers, Wilson, Brady and Luck. It's like that most every year. If some or all those teams are desperate to move up to get him maybe the team with the real QB need should draft him. I agree with your golf analogy on Geno and am suspect he will ever get over the hump. Mariota may be a bust but the alternative (not having a possible long term answer at QB) is worse. I'm doing cart wheels if he's there.

    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 317
    Points : 6157
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : maryland US

    Re: McShay: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

    Post by Old#15 on Sun 8 Feb 2015 - 10:32

    If Mariota is the guy at #6, then my only wish is that we have a 1-2 year bridge plan so that he isn't used too early. I know this is unpopular, but if Geno can be that bridge, we as an organization will be much better off. Big if, but if he comes through under Gailey we have a great situation depth and trade value wise. Should be a very interesting Spring, because we will have some real insight into what others (mostly the new coaching staff and front office) think of our roster particularly Geno. I'm excited for the possibilities.

    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

    Posts : 401
    Points : 2856
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: McShay: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

    Post by Blindsidebrick on Sun 8 Feb 2015 - 16:11

    Old#15 wrote:If Mariota is the guy at #6, then my only wish is that we have a 1-2 year bridge plan so that he isn't used too early.  I know this is unpopular, but if Geno can be that bridge, we as an organization will be much better off. Big if, but if he comes through under Gailey we have a great situation depth and trade value wise.  Should be a very interesting Spring, because we will have some real insight into what others (mostly the new coaching staff and front office) think of our roster particularly Geno.  I'm excited for the possibilities.

    I'm with you, Old#15. But I have doubts that the majority of our media and fan base have that kind of patience. These first round QB's are thrown into the fire immediately in recent years because of a different mentality which says "they'll learn on the fly".

    If we draft Mariota, I'd be perfectly fine letting him sit a year to learn the game at this level. Now, if he catches on quickly and has a great preseason (hypothetically), then throw him in there. But he's probably gonna need some time.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19485
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: McShay: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

    Post by Superman55 on Tue 10 Feb 2015 - 11:31

    Blindsidebrick wrote:
    Old#15 wrote:If Mariota is the guy at #6, then my only wish is that we have a 1-2 year bridge plan so that he isn't used too early.  I know this is unpopular, but if Geno can be that bridge, we as an organization will be much better off. Big if, but if he comes through under Gailey we have a great situation depth and trade value wise.  Should be a very interesting Spring, because we will have some real insight into what others (mostly the new coaching staff and front office) think of our roster particularly Geno.  I'm excited for the possibilities.

    I'm with you, Old#15. But I have doubts that the majority of our media and fan base have that kind of patience. These first round QB's are thrown into the fire immediately in recent years because of a different mentality which says "they'll learn on the fly".

    If we draft Mariota, I'd be perfectly fine letting him sit a year to learn the game at this level. Now, if he catches on quickly and has a great preseason (hypothetically), then throw him in there. But he's probably gonna need some time.

    agreed. If we draft him, I dont want to see him, even in stupid sub packages, for 8 weeks. I want him to do nothing but learn the game and learn how to simply prepare for an NFL game as a professional. Im not against drafting him, but I am against drafting him and thinking he is a plug and play QB...he's not.

    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 317
    Points : 6157
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : maryland US

    Re: McShay: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

    Post by Old#15 on Tue 10 Feb 2015 - 13:07

    Superman55 wrote:
    Blindsidebrick wrote:
    Old#15 wrote:If Mariota is the guy at #6, then my only wish is that we have a 1-2 year bridge plan so that he isn't used too early.  I know this is unpopular, but if Geno can be that bridge, we as an organization will be much better off. Big if, but if he comes through under Gailey we have a great situation depth and trade value wise.  Should be a very interesting Spring, because we will have some real insight into what others (mostly the new coaching staff and front office) think of our roster particularly Geno.  I'm excited for the possibilities.

    I'm with you, Old#15. But I have doubts that the majority of our media and fan base have that kind of patience. These first round QB's are thrown into the fire immediately in recent years because of a different mentality which says "they'll learn on the fly".

    If we draft Mariota, I'd be perfectly fine letting him sit a year to learn the game at this level. Now, if he catches on quickly and has a great preseason (hypothetically), then throw him in there. But he's probably gonna need some time.

    agreed.  If we draft him, I dont want to see him, even in stupid sub packages, for 8 weeks.  I want him to do nothing but learn the game and learn how to simply prepare for an NFL game as a professional.  Im not against drafting him, but I am against drafting him and thinking he is a plug and play QB...he's not.

    BTW - I'm not going to miss wildcat and other gadget plays!
    avatar
    MachinaVerde
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 95
    Points : 2655
    Join date : 2014-08-28
    Location : CT Shoreline

    Re: McShay: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

    Post by MachinaVerde on Tue 10 Feb 2015 - 20:19

    Hey old #15 have you checked out the board yet? We would love to have you over there man

    Metjetgal
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 206
    Points : 12259
    Join date : 2014-09-10

    Re: McShay: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

    Post by Metjetgal on Tue 10 Feb 2015 - 20:42

    Whoever we pick, gotta nail it!!!
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12827
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: McShay: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

    Post by football51 on Wed 11 Feb 2015 - 9:12

    Metjetgal wrote:Whoever we pick, gotta nail it!!!



    Did you register at the new board yet?

    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 474
    Points : 11569
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: McShay: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

    Post by cysporsche on Wed 11 Feb 2015 - 17:56

    Holy crap this place is dead since the boy's skipped town!!!?

    Go Jets....Cyborg
    avatar
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 124
    Points : 8987
    Join date : 2014-09-11

    Re: McShay: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

    Post by NCgreen12 on Mon 16 Feb 2015 - 12:03

    cysporsche wrote:Holy crap this place is dead since the boy's skipped town!!!?

    Go Jets....Cyborg
    Is there a new board?

    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 370
    Points : 43821
    Join date : 2014-09-12

    Re: McShay: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

    Post by hobson54 on Mon 16 Feb 2015 - 18:43

    NCgreen12 wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:Holy crap this place is dead since the boy's skipped town!!!?

    Go Jets....Cyborg
    Is there a new board?

    yeah, check the announcement thread pinned above.
    avatar
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 124
    Points : 8987
    Join date : 2014-09-11

    Re: McShay: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

    Post by NCgreen12 on Mon 16 Feb 2015 - 23:27

    hobson54 wrote:
    NCgreen12 wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:Holy crap this place is dead since the boy's skipped town!!!?

    Go Jets....Cyborg
    Is there a new board?

    yeah, check the announcement thread pinned above.
    Thanks G.

    Sponsored content

    Re: McShay: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri 18 Aug 2017 - 2:44