Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+12
GratefulJet
Seaver
cysporsche
McJet
hobson54
The Wicker Man
Hunter07
Old#15
Sarge
NickSINYC
SackExchange
Superman55
16 posters

Super Bowl 2/1 Seattle vs Patriots

Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Super Bowl 2/1 Seattle vs Patriots - Page 3 Empty Re: Super Bowl 2/1 Seattle vs Patriots

Post by Old#15 Sun 1 Feb 2015 - 22:47

Ok, this dreadful season is in the books. I'm ready for a new year with a new coaching staff, front office and new perspective. J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Super Bowl 2/1 Seattle vs Patriots - Page 3 Empty Re: Super Bowl 2/1 Seattle vs Patriots

Post by SackExchange Sun 1 Feb 2015 - 22:49

Old#15 wrote:Ok, this dreadful season is in the books.  I'm ready for a new year with a new coaching staff, front office and new perspective. J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets.
    It's time to move on, absolutely.

Truth be told, as far as the Pats go, everything they have ever accomplished under Belichick means nothing. The whole era is tainted. I didn't even feel this after Spygate, but with yet another scandal (or two), I can honestly say I thank heavens he resigned "as HC of the NYJ."
    Hunter07
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by Hunter07 Sun 1 Feb 2015 - 22:49

"Also I just heard that Chris Collingsworth got voted MVP for the Patriots, with his terrible bias announcing"
    Most Pats fans don't have any use for him - think he "has it in" for the Pats ....
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 7:48

CC is unlistenable.....and I'm still pissed. I have too many Pats friends(including my sister) who
    are posting their Tom Lady photos all over facebook.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 9:41

SackExchange wrote:
    Old#15 wrote:Ok, this dreadful season is in the books.  I'm ready for a new year with a new coaching staff, front office and new perspective. J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets.

Truth be told, as far as the Pats go, everything they have ever accomplished under Belichick means nothing. The whole era is tainted. I didn't even feel this after Spygate, but with yet another scandal (or two), I can honestly say I thank heavens he resigned "as HC of the NYJ."

sorry, i ain't buying it.

he has 4 super bowl rings and will go down in history as one of the greatest coaches of all times. that is how he will be seen by 95% of the football watching community.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 9:43

btw, for those who still want to bash idzik for not signing revis this past off-season (as if that ever were an option):

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2015/02/a_no-brainer_decision_pays_off_for_darrelle_revis_at_super_bowl_xlix.html

Revis, 29, decided to join the Patriots last year despite some more lucrative contract offers. He wanted to win and have his dreams fulfilled. It happened in Super Bowl XLIX, where he shadowed and shut down Seattle wide receiver Doug Baldwin.

Baldwin's only catch in the contest ‐ a touchdown ‐ came on a third-quarter play where Revis was accidentally picked by the official. Revis had done his job, in the Super Bowl and throughout the season, helping solidify a position where the Patriots needed to drastically improve.

"This was a no-brainer to come here and be a part of this organization and help be one of the missing pieces that the organization felt [they needed] at the cornerback position," Revis said.

--------------

yup, i'm sure all he needed was an offer from idzik and he would have forgone the chance to play on a title contender with tom brady at QB to join the jets with geno smith at QB...
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 10:16

SackExchange wrote:
    Old#15 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    The Wicker Man wrote:I almost hate Darrell Bevell as much as Belicheat right now.
    Just a moronic call.

And to think he was on some Jets lists for HC.

Could you imagine if he was the coach instead of Quinn that Atlanta was going to announce as HC tomorrow.  That would be a pretty interesting presser..
    That would be...awkward.
    Worse yet, what if the Jets were waiting for Bevell? Can you image the media crush?
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 10:52

the last 2 minutes of that game were not a coaching clinic. First of all, NE screwed up not making the Seahawks field the kickoff at 2:02.......the touchback allowed SEA to have a free play before the 2 minute warning and they converted with the 31 yarder to Lynch. Then after the circus at the 5.......and Lynch's run to the 1..........curious not to see NE burn a timeout. It was first and goal - they couldn't get another first down and by calling the timeout early, (yes I realize they only had 2 left) they might've had one left with more time if SEA had scored on 2nd down. Then of course the obvious blunder call. If there is a place on the field where a defender might jump a route that's it. How you don't go beast mode 3 times (if necessary) boggles my mind.

Still not sure what the plan was from Belichick. He wasn't leaving himself options with the Superbowl in the balance and only 1 yard to protect.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 11:20

hobson54 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:

sorry, i ain't buying it.

he has 4 super bowl rings and will go down in history as one of the greatest coaches of all times.  that is how he will be seen by 95% of the football watching community.
    Really? You think his legacy outside of New England will be more tied to his success than his cheating? I am skeptical of that.
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 13:01

i agree with Sack, the Pats have become the most hated team in the NFL and The Shady Brady/Belicheat combo
    is looked upon with a lot of negativity.

Now onto the moron Bevell....again. I seriously can't get over that call(I'm seeking professional help) lets let our 5'10" QB
    throw a slant in the middle of the field against the Pats strength. What could go wrong? ML, you just be a decoy.
    scratch
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 13:46

the pats may be the most hated, but belichick will go down in history among the giants of the game like shula, lombardi, walsh, etc...
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 13:50

hobson54 wrote:the pats may be the most hated, but belichick will go down in history among the giants of the game like shula, lombardi, walsh, etc...
    He may, but that will not preclude him also going down in history among the most corrupt coaches the game has ever seen.

And it will largely be regional how he is remembered.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 13:51

The Wicker Man wrote:i agree with Sack, the Pats have become the most hated team in the NFL and The Shady Brady/Belicheat combo

Now onto the moron Bevell....again. I seriously can't get over that call(I'm seeking professional help) lets let our 5'10" QB
    throw a slant in the middle of the field against the Pats strength. What could go wrong? ML, you just be a decoy.
    scratch
    I am so angry about that call.

Imagine if the Jets had a deal in place with Bevell to be HC, the way the Falcons did Quinn. Could you imagine what the upcoming couple days would be like?
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 14:04

Thank God we didn't! The guy would be toast before he even landed here.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 14:10

SackExchange wrote:
    The Wicker Man wrote:i agree with Sack, the Pats have become the most hated team in the NFL and The Shady Brady/Belicheat combo

scratch
    I am so angry about that call.

Imagine if the Jets had a deal in place with Bevell to be HC, the way the Falcons did Quinn. Could you imagine what the upcoming couple days would be like?

i remember when we were lining up candidates, i was shocked we were interviewing tom cable but not darrell bevel. now i still don't get the meeting with the cable guy, but i guess there is a reason that bevell wasn't on the short list for any jobs.

but to me, in the end, this falls on the head coach. carroll rightfully took responsibility for it. regardless of who makes the play call, the head coach needs to step up if his coordinator is making a dumbarse call with the super bowl on the line
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 14:48

Carroll did the right thing after the fact. He probably should have stepped in sooner, as my guess would be that it was Bevell's call initially. But Carroll took the heat himself, which is a sign of good leadership.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 15:58

The time out the Seahawks burned before the play clock expired killed them, and here's why:

By only having one TO left when they had first and goal, it meant they did not have the benefit of running every down and having enough time to use all four downs. So they had to pick a down to throw.

They made the RIGHT decision in throwing on second down. If you run on second and have to burn your last TO, the whole world knows you are going to be throwing on third. On second down, with that TO in your pocket, you could either run or pass. This means the Pats have to defend against both. So they picked the right down to run. But what killed them was wasting that TO, and I knew it would hurt them.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 16:17

SackExchange wrote:The time out the Seahawks burned before the play clock expired killed them, and here's why:

By only having one TO left when they had first and goal, it meant they did not have the benefit of running every down and having enough time to use all four downs. So they had to pick a down to throw.

They made the RIGHT decision in throwing on second down. If you run on second and have to burn your last TO, the whole world knows you are going to be throwing on third. On second down, with that TO in your pocket, you could either run or pass. This means the Pats have to defend against both. So they picked the right down to run. But what killed them was wasting that TO, and I knew it would hurt them.

Agreed the lost timeout hurt. I follow the logic but there were better options than a slant if they had to pass.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 16:38

NickSINYC wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:The time out the Seahawks burned before the play clock expired killed them, and here's why:

Agreed the lost timeout hurt. I follow the logic but there were better options than a slant if they had to pass.
    Play action, if anything. If you have to pass, don't telegraph. Awful play call. But if you HAVE to throw, doing it there is understandable.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 16:54

Seattle should've had time to run what they wanted to....even if it took 4 downs. They snapped 1st down at 1:06...and proceeded to let 40 seconds elapse before ill fated 2nd down. Some very curious clock management on both sides - with his best player being Tom Brady, why wouldn't Belichick conserve time for his best player to get a shot (if needed).........and was that fear too much for SEA to think clearly?

It would seem to me that SEA did NOT adjust their time management to fit their timeout situation, and as such was Belichik THAT brilliant in the moment not to stop the clock and maybe force the playcalling to something NE could handle? I did read Butler saying he noticed Russell before the snap and deduced a pass coming - and seeing that they ran it this past week he was ready.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 17:08

bottom line for SEA.......their coaches shrunk when they needed to stand up tall.......it's one thing to forego the FG at end of first half - especially knowing they get the ball in 2nd half to start.....but with the game itself on the line, they played to have options? Carroll is a mess trying to defend the call. He's worried about 4th down when calling 2nd.....the idea being to put your best foot forward and take victory...

...I had flashbacks to Schottenheimer in PIT for the AFC Champ game.......Shonn Greene was pounding and at the goal line he (Schottenheimer)tried to finesse them into the endzone. That precious time they wasted turning it over on downs was crucial at the end trying to get the ball back.

I had the same issue in SEA 2 weeks ago........McCarthy came up small taking 2 FGs early. Hell, even if he missed one and the defense held, he would've been in near FG range again.

Some guys just don't handle the big moments.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 17:56

Aww so sad.  Pats had to delay their celebration due to snow.  sunny
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 17:56

Good analysis #41.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 17:57

NickSINYC wrote:Aww so sad.  Pats had to delay their celebration due to snow.  sunny
    The asterisks have been falling up here all day long.

Uh, I meant snowflakes. Snowflakes.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 19:50

hobson54 wrote:btw, for those who still want to bash idzik for not signing revis this past off-season (as if that ever were an option):

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2015/02/a_no-brainer_decision_pays_off_for_darrelle_revis_at_super_bowl_xlix.html

Revis, 29, decided to join the Patriots last year despite some more lucrative contract offers. He wanted to win and have his dreams fulfilled. It happened in Super Bowl XLIX, where he shadowed and shut down Seattle wide receiver Doug Baldwin.

Baldwin's only catch in the contest ‐ a touchdown ‐ came on a third-quarter play where Revis was accidentally picked by the official. Revis had done his job, in the Super Bowl and throughout the season, helping solidify a position where the Patriots needed to drastically improve.

"This was a no-brainer to come here and be a part of this organization and help be one of the missing pieces that the organization felt [they needed] at the cornerback position," Revis said.

--------------

yup, i'm sure all he needed was an offer from idzik and he would have forgone the chance to play on a title contender with tom brady at QB to join the jets with geno smith at QB...

Thank you. The media have been piling on Idzik as part of some attempt to show how much smarter they are than him (eh hmm. Mehta). It's such bullcrap. Revis wasn't coming here. He wanted a ring AND to get paid. Now he's got his ring, a taste of winning with a franchise QB, and will probably look to stay there and win another one.

That's brutal to hear for Jets fans, but let's be realistic. If you were Revis, what would you do? And please don't tell me he'd choose Geno Smith over Tom Brady.

Now, if NE decides they don't wanna pay that price tag for a 30 year old CB next year (a distinct possibility), then I could MAYBE see a reunion with us. But I still think there's a greater likelihood that Cromartie comes back. He's cheaper, spent a year with Bowles, had a good season, and likes Bowles.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024 - 3:42