Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+7
cysporsche
hobson54
Blindsidebrick
lnap23
GratefulJet
The Wicker Man
Sarge
11 posters

If the 2 QBs and Cooper are gone.....

Poll

I would pick....

[ 2 ]
    If the 2 QBs and Cooper are gone..... Bar_left13%If the 2 QBs and Cooper are gone..... Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 3 ]
    If the 2 QBs and Cooper are gone..... Bar_left20%If the 2 QBs and Cooper are gone..... Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 3 ]
    If the 2 QBs and Cooper are gone..... Bar_left20%If the 2 QBs and Cooper are gone..... Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 1 ]
    If the 2 QBs and Cooper are gone..... Bar_left7%If the 2 QBs and Cooper are gone..... Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 0 ]
    If the 2 QBs and Cooper are gone..... Bar_left0%If the 2 QBs and Cooper are gone..... Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    If the 2 QBs and Cooper are gone..... Bar_left0%If the 2 QBs and Cooper are gone..... Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    If the 2 QBs and Cooper are gone..... Bar_left7%If the 2 QBs and Cooper are gone..... Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 5 ]
    If the 2 QBs and Cooper are gone..... Bar_left33%If the 2 QBs and Cooper are gone..... Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 15
    Poll closed
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

If the 2 QBs and Cooper are gone..... Empty If the 2 QBs and Cooper are gone.....

Post by Sarge Thu 29 Jan 2015 - 9:16

Assuming these 5 players are gone

QB Winston
    QB Mariotta
    DL Williams
    DL Gregory
    WR Cooper

and you HAD to take one of these 10 players, who would you pick? (And yes, a lot depends on Free Agency)
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

If the 2 QBs and Cooper are gone..... Empty Re: If the 2 QBs and Cooper are gone.....

Post by The Wicker Man Thu 29 Jan 2015 - 10:22

Peat-Not a glamorous pick...No oline = no offense. I'd take him over the 2 DL men.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

If the 2 QBs and Cooper are gone..... Empty Re: If the 2 QBs and Cooper are gone.....

Post by GratefulJet Thu 29 Jan 2015 - 10:40

I voted Peat as well. While and/or Parker could move up past Cooper, but I am kinda leaning Peat even if Cooper is on the board. Still depends on workouts and such, but I think OT is a looming crisis for us on both ends of the line:  Giacomini was really mediocre last year (and downright awful at times), and winter is coming...for Brick.

Edit: and yes, I did say in another thread that we need to find elite playmakers. What can I say--I'm conflicted. Shocked
    lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by lnap23 Thu 29 Jan 2015 - 11:28

IMO Parker is the best WR in this class... Much more Dynamic than Cooper... But with that said I love Cooper too....
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Thu 29 Jan 2015 - 11:57

I believe OLB is a huge need, and wouldn't be surprised to see one taken. But admittedly, I just don't know enough about these prospects to know if they're suited for the 3-4 OLB in the NFL. Or if they fit Bowles idea of the position. So I'll go another direction.

WR Davante Parker.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Thu 29 Jan 2015 - 12:10

i went with WR over o-line since i didn't think any of the o-line prospects were considered top LT prospects (mostly RT or G).

not sure who will be the next WR after cooper, but i went with white. however, i think i picked the wrong one since it was parker (not white, which i initially thought) that i read was getting the aj green comparisons
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Thu 29 Jan 2015 - 17:31

Before (morning of), the draft I'd trade our #6 to the Browns for their 2 first round picks #12 & #19. They are draft gamblers, and who knows if Mariota starts to drop ?

12) WR - Parker, White or Dorial Green-Beckham (Best WR on the board which is a tough pick)

19) Peat to start @ RT and in two years slide over to Bricks LT spot

Go Jets...Cyborg
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Thu 29 Jan 2015 - 18:02

I can't believe I went D but under this scenario I voted for Shane Ray. I think Bowles can make him a star.
    jetsfanshanghai
    jetsfanshanghai
    Honorary Test Pilot
    Honorary Test Pilot

Post by jetsfanshanghai Fri 30 Jan 2015 - 5:54

cysporsche wrote:Before (morning of), the draft I'd trade our #6 to the Browns for their 2 first round picks #12 & #19. They are draft gamblers, and who knows if Mariota starts to drop ?

12) WR - Parker, White or Dorial Green-Beckham (Best WR on the board which is a tough pick)

Go Jets...Cyborg

lol....cy I love you, you made me nose spray beer on my Alienware laptop! Can't ever seeing that trade happening but love the thinking bro Cheers Cheers
    jetsfanshanghai
    jetsfanshanghai
    Honorary Test Pilot
    Honorary Test Pilot

Post by jetsfanshanghai Fri 30 Jan 2015 - 6:01

As for the poll in question. I really know nothing about college ball so I can't really contribute answers nor reason nor logic to the discussion; so I selected OL Sherff as our OL is in desperate need of help like the rest of our O.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 30 Jan 2015 - 6:39

jetsfanshanghai wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:Before (morning of), the draft I'd trade our #6 to the Browns for their 2 first round picks #12 & #19. They are draft gamblers, and who knows if Mariota starts to drop ?

Go Jets...Cyborg

lol....cy I love you, you made me nose spray beer on my Alienware laptop! Can't ever seeing that trade happening but love the thinking bro Cheers Cheers

I love Cy also but he has a habit of not answering a specific question and answers his way. Cheers
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 30 Jan 2015 - 6:51

jetsfanshanghai wrote:As for the poll in question. I really know nothing about college ball so I can't really contribute answers nor reason nor logic to the discussion; so I selected OL Sherff as our OL is in desperate need of help like the rest of our O.

I am not a big college football fan either. I base my opinions on research I do after the season. There are only a few positions I would use a high 1st round pick on. The only OL position I would use it on is a LT. I think Scherff projects as a RT and I see him staying there or moving to guard not LT.
    Pointdexter
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by Pointdexter Fri 30 Jan 2015 - 10:43

Go Jets...Cyborg

That would be fantastic if it played out this way. We could only hope Cleveland would be that stupid.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Fri 30 Jan 2015 - 11:27

Blindsidebrick wrote:I believe OLB is a huge need, and wouldn't be surprised to see one taken. But admittedly, I just don't know enough about these prospects to know if they're suited for the 3-4 OLB in the NFL. Or if they fit Bowles idea of the position. So I'll go another direction.

WR Davante Parker.

I'm with you on this, sort of all over the place.  A great playmaker at the OLB position like Thompson, Beasley or Ray would be nice but they may be a bit early at 6, plus the fit issue.  To me Thompson is really intriguing, just a great playmaker and all-around football player.  Parker and White would really round out this WR corps.  A 'sure thing' OLman wouldn't bother me at all either. I would sign up for a guy like Scherff if you could guarantee a Zach Martin-like performance and impact on the OL.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Fri 30 Jan 2015 - 12:01

Go Jets...Cyborg

with all due respect cy, there is no way any team would give up 2 first rounders to move up to #6 BEFORE the draft. now it could be possible (but highly unlikely imo) that a trade like this could happen during the draft, but no way they give up that much to go to 6 without knowing who the first 5 players taken are.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Fri 30 Jan 2015 - 17:33

Old#15 wrote:
    Blindsidebrick wrote:I believe OLB is a huge need, and wouldn't be surprised to see one taken. But admittedly, I just don't know enough about these prospects to know if they're suited for the 3-4 OLB in the NFL. Or if they fit Bowles idea of the position. So I'll go another direction.

WR Davante Parker.

I'm with you on this, sort of all over the place.  A great playmaker at the OLB position like Thompson, Beasley or Ray would be nice but they may be a bit early at 6, plus the fit issue.  To me Thompson is really intriguing, just a great playmaker and all-around football player.  Parker and White would really round out this WR corps.  A 'sure thing' OLman wouldn't bother me at all either.  I would sign up for a guy like Scherff if you could guarantee a Zach Martin-like performance and impact on the OL.

A Zach Martin Guard is exactly what we need. I don't know if Scherff is that guy, but he's a BIG boy who looks pretty tough to move around.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sat 31 Jan 2015 - 11:25

Too many comparisons being thrown out there about Zack Martin G with the Cowboys to Brandon Scherff LT from Iowa ? Martin was a dominating LT @ Notre Dame that has excelled in the Pro's being switched to guard. The experts also think Scherff will be switched to guard as well, but IMO, that's were the comparison ends. I only watched 2 Iowa games, but in the last game, I thought Tennessee's DL wore him out. I will be very bummed out if we pick him @ #6.

Since I got scolded for thinking out of the box above, I'd have to go with Gregory OLB or Parker WR @ #6. Woops, I just noticed Gregory was already gone, so it's Parker or Ray OLB.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024 - 5:14