A New Community for Jets Fans

Free Agent Rumors

Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Re: Free Agent Rumors

Post by Blindsidebrick on Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 22:51

cysporsche wrote:On the OL topic, I actually like Collins better Scherff, because Scherff is going to be a NFL G not tackle, and we need a tackle more than a guard.

I would not use a #6 pick on the OL, I would snag a tackle who is better than Breno Giacomini 6'7"/318 in FA and that is Bryan Bulaga RT 6'5"/315 who's only 25.

And let Breno battle with Winters 6'4"/320 (23), Dozier 6'4"/312 (23) & Ijalana 6'4"/322 (25) for RG. I think Oday Aboushi 6'5"/308 is our LG of the future.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Cy, I love your posts, man. But I've gotta interject here.

Breno isn't getting moved to Guard. He's our RT next year. Beyond that, who knows? But he's not getting moved.

I don't see Tackle as a bigger need than Guard. As a matter of fact, I consider Guard possibly one of the biggest needs on this team. Geno and the running game struggled all year, and the interior line play was a big reason.

I'm OK with Brick and Breno for 2015. My preference is a stud FA Guard brought in, and either Oday or a draft pick getting the start at the other spot. It all starts up front. You cannot go into next year with a shaky OL. Or you're gonna see another sputtering offense.

cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche on Sat 7 Feb 2015 - 10:55

BlindsideBrick, I'm cool with Bulaga being moved to RG because Breno is too tall @ 6'7" to move inside. I like versatility, and Bulaga is the best OL free agent or OL draftee out there, and he can play any position on the OL. Where's Hyatt when we need him ?

Who do the " historically cheap" Packers re-sign or slap with the franchise tag, Bulaga or Cobb WR ? I'd take either one in a NY second ! As a matter of fact, I'd rather have Cobb than Percy Harvin. Same type of player on the field, but Cobb is a good Dude with no health or head issues ! What does Ted the turd Thompson (Hyatts nickname) GM do ?

Go Jets...Cyborg

cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche on Mon 9 Feb 2015 - 16:09

Guy's, I'd love to have Houston OLB, Bryant or Thomas WR's or Revis CB back, but we can't afford $$$$ them ! Even Lupati G is going to receive stupid money. Here's my free agent plan that might change but:
    1) The best "unknown" CB out there is Davon House 6'/195 (25) with the Packers and they can't franchise him because of Cobb WR or Bulaga RT are FA.
    2) With Percy Harvin cut, we have to look @ Jeremy Maclin 6'/198 (26) or Randall Cobb 5'10"/192 (24). Plus draft White, Parker or Green-Beckham.
    3) We are loaded @ guard, we need tackles. I wanted Bulaga 6'5"/315 (25) RT from the Packers, until I started to read that Orlando Franklin 6'7"/320 (27)/ Broncos prefers RT.

We could save a ton of cap space to sign our guy's first, and still have plenty to go after House CB, Cobb WR & Franklin RT.

Go Jets....Cyborg
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange on Mon 9 Feb 2015 - 16:28

cysporsche wrote:Guy's, I'd love to have Houston OLB, Bryant or Thomas WR's or Revis CB back, but we can't afford $$$$ them ! Even Lupati G is going to receive stupid money. Here's my free agent plan that might change but:
    1) The best "unknown" CB out there is Davon House 6'/195 (25) with the Packers and they can't franchise him because of Cobb WR or Bulaga RT are FA.
    2) With Percy Harvin cut, we have to look @ Jeremy Maclin 6'/198 (26) or Randall Cobb 5'10"/192 (24). Plus draft White, Parker or Green-Beckham.
    3) We are loaded @ guard, we need tackles. I wanted Bulaga 6'5"/315 (25) RT from the Packers, until I started to read that Orlando Franklin 6'7"/320 (27)/ Broncos prefers RT.

We could save a ton of cap space to sign our guy's first, and still have plenty to go after House CB, Cobb WR & Franklin RT.

Go Jets....Cyborg
    Without restructuring, there is nearly $50MM in cap space available.

cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche on Tue 10 Feb 2015 - 10:44

Sack 50 million can disappear in a hurry, especially if Big Mo is looking for JJ Watt type of contract ? affraid

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 on Tue 10 Feb 2015 - 11:28

SackExchange wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:Guy's, I'd love to have Houston OLB, Bryant or Thomas WR's or Revis CB back, but we can't afford $$$$ them ! Even Lupati G is going to receive stupid money. Here's my free agent plan that might change but:

Go Jets....Cyborg

..that's also before they free up $3.5 by cutting CJ2k and $1.5 by moving on from Babin. I suspect we acquire Spiller on just our "cut" money and still have $50 mill in cap space. $12 mill goes towards rookies, so it's actually $38 mill...I suspect Harrison and Mo grab a solid $18 of that...now you're down to $20 mill to grab 2-3 big ones (Houston and Iupati) or 3-4 mid tiers (Maxwell, Cro, Jackson, Franklin OG, Orakpo, Worilds, etc will all sign for under $8 mill per, IMO)...

Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 on Tue 10 Feb 2015 - 12:19

Superman55 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:

Go Jets....Cyborg

..that's also before they free up $3.5 by cutting CJ2k and $1.5 by moving on from Babin.  I suspect we acquire Spiller on just our "cut" money and still have $50 mill in cap space.  $12 mill goes towards rookies, so it's actually $38 mill...I suspect Harrison and Mo grab a solid $18 of that...now you're down to $20 mill to grab 2-3 big ones (Houston and Iupati) or 3-4 mid tiers (Maxwell, Cro, Jackson, Franklin OG, Orakpo, Worilds, etc will all sign for under $8 mill per, IMO)...

Thanks for the clarification. Wouldn't mind some combination of Iupati/Franklin, Worilds and Maxwell/Cro. Would really allow us to jump at BPA at #6. Better yet the above signings plus a trade with Browns to get their #12 and #19 picks. Big leap in roster quality.

cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche on Wed 11 Feb 2015 - 18:02

Sort of funny that some guy's on this board thought I was old & loopy about the Browns giving up their 12 & 19 for our 6th two weeks ago, but now that Jim Miller & Pat Kirwan are talking about the same trade I proposed on Sirius radio, they all of the sudden love the trade idea Idea

Go Jets...Cyborg
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 on Wed 11 Feb 2015 - 19:02

Old#15 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:

Go Jets....Cyborg

..that's also before they free up $3.5 by cutting CJ2k and $1.5 by moving on from Babin.  I suspect we acquire Spiller on just our "cut" money and still have $50 mill in cap space.  $12 mill goes towards rookies, so it's actually $38 mill...I suspect Harrison and Mo grab a solid $18 of that...now you're down to $20 mill to grab 2-3 big ones (Houston and Iupati) or 3-4 mid tiers (Maxwell, Cro, Jackson, Franklin OG, Orakpo, Worilds, etc will all sign for under $8 mill per, IMO)...

Thanks for the clarification.  Wouldn't mind some combination of Iupati/Franklin, Worilds and Maxwell/Cro.  Would really allow us to jump at BPA at #6.  Better yet the above signings plus a trade with Browns to get their #12 and #19 picks.  Big leap in roster quality.

Bulaga & Franklin IMHO would be ideal. Keep in mind our O-Line coach held the same position last season and may try to convince management to snag him.

Don't get me wrong about Iupati, i think the world of him, though he isn't as good of a pass protector as Bulaga.
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NCgreen12 on Sun 15 Feb 2015 - 15:10

cysporsche wrote:Sack 50 million can disappear in a hurry, especially if Big Mo is looking for JJ Watt type of contract ?  affraid

Go Jets...Cyborg

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-york-jets/

Assuming I'm doing my math correctly - If the Jets drop Harvin (10.5M) and with Chris Johnson (3.5M) out of the way they add another 14M to their 2015 cap number which will be around 91M. I think they can carry over the 13M (approx) they had left over in 2014. If the salary cap rises in 2015 to 140M I think the Jets will be closer to 60+M than 50M. That's a lot of cabbage to bring in players and still sign Wilkerson. Keep in mind Wilkerson already counts 7M against the cap for 2015 so even if he gets his raise it's not as big a hit, at least for 2015, against the cap.

This could be a really nice off season (aside from the QB position).
    HYATT™
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by HYATT™ on Wed 25 Feb 2015 - 22:38

ONLY per cy's personal request, I'm weighing on on GB's UFAs.
    And no, I'm NOT "pouting" cy, I'm just DISGUSTED with the whole NFL game-fixing abomination.
    It's gotten so blatant they don't even care if fans pick up on it.

Cobb will hit FA.
    He wants around $9M/year on an extended contract, and that's the opening bid to the Packers with a home town discount.
    Cobb's FA market value is way higher than Harvin's - in the $10M/year range.
    Note, I said FA market, not reality-based, value.
    No slot receiver is actually worth $10M/year except possibly in the NE Spread/WCO system - and that only because Mrs. Bundchen can't throw it deep anymore. NE is in the bottom 3rd of the league in big passing plays of 20 yards or more.
    Cobb's allure is polished by having a QB with high accuracy throwing him open, in GB. GeNOT can't do that, so Cobb becomes much less valuable somewhere where a shatty QB plays.

You can't have Bryan "the white whale" Bulaga.
    Fuggetaboutit - ain't hap'n'in.
    He'll be locked up tighter than a 9 year old Jesuit virgin nun before FA even begins.
    Bulaga is one of the premiere RTs in the NFL, even with his 2 year run of injuries in the past. He was healthy for all but the 2nd game of the 2014 season - on the 8th ranked rushing OL in the league & is the 3rd highest ranked NFL RT out there.
    He's a better RT than Franklin in Denver, who is much more suited to playing RG.
    Only Doug Free received a higher UFA RT ranking, but he's 31, Bulaga is only 25.
    An added bonus is that Bulaga was quietly mentored by one of the most underrated RTs in the past 2 decades, Mark Taucher, who protected Favre's strong side for 8 seasons.

Other than the Strahan lay-down sack, Tauscher was noted for his agility in steering left defensive ends where they didn't want to go - behind Favre, where they had little to no chance of recovering in time to get after him before he got rid of the ball.
    Tauscher was also on-board for Ahman Green's record-setting rushing seasons in the early 00s & Bulaga seems to have picked up his run-blocking technique lessons very well.

I recommend looking closely at LG Justin Blalock, who was just released by Atlanta, (drafted in Rd 2 in '07), because he was due over $7M this season.
    IMHO Blalock is one of the most dependable LGs in the NFL & particularly well suited to the run-blocking style the Jets have employed of late.

Davon House is a sizable and fairly speedy #2 CB - WHEN he's healthy, which is hardly ever.
    House has only 1 full 16 game season on his résumé, in 2013. That's an incredibly liberal interpretation of "available" when for half of the season he was hobbling around in slings and/or walking boots on the sidelines.
    His availability rate has been 12/16 (75%) with 3/16 (18.75%) starts in preseason, 40/64 (62.5%) in regular season play, & 3/6 (50%) in the post-season.
    "Glass" is the term most often used in discussions about House on the Packers forums.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 24 Jun 2017 - 1:07