Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+14
MachinaVerde
Old#15
GratefulJet
NCgreen12
Marac
NYJETSDAN16
McJet
Superman55
Sarge
NickSINYC
football51
lnap23
Seaver
hobson54
18 posters

Free Agent Rumors

NCgreen12
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Free Agent Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Free Agent Rumors

Post by NCgreen12 Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 10:08

football51 wrote:

Corey Griffin @CoreyGriffinNBC  
      ·  5h 5 hours ago  

Revis is still going to go where the money is. That was always and will always be his mantra. #Jets

While I mostly think that maybe winning the Super Bowl and the feelings associated with it (and the fact that's he's possibly maturing) would give him the impetus to offer the Pats a home town discount. Not convinced but just maybe.
    NCgreen12
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NCgreen12 Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 10:14

For corner back options I'd rather pay a little more and go younger with Kareem Jackson 26 (Houston tie) or Brandon Flowers 28.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 11:32

Any chance Broncos let Demaryius go?
    February, 2, 2015
    FEB 2
    3:55
    PM ET
    By Tom Carpenter | ESPN Insider
    00COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
    Now that we have reached the NFL's offseason, the buzz surrounding prospective unrestricted free agents will be heating up in the coming days and weeks. Among the elite players set to hit the market is Demaryius Thomas, whose rookie contract with the Denver Broncos has run its course.

He told Sports Illustrated this week that he'd like to re-sign but is unsure how things will flesh out.

"It's hard to say. I really don't know. I'm basically letting my agent handle that," he said. "... I'd love to be a Bronco, but I have no idea what they have planned for me."

Whether it is via a long-term deal or the franchise tag, ESPN NFL Insider Field Yates expects Thomas to be back with the Broncos for 2015:

Field Yates
    Five franchise tag candidates
    "The NFL has a bright group of young receivers, the 27-year-old Thomas included. The Broncos have made no secret of their desire to extend Thomas long term, and the receiver surely seems amenable to the idea of being a Bronco for a long time. Frankly, it wouldn't be a surprise to see this deal get done before free agency, especially because the team also has tight end Julius Thomas among its pending unrestricted free agents. Signing one of them long term would keep the franchise tag open for the other. But if Denver is unable to get either player extended in advance of March 2, Demaryius is the slam-dunk choice to receive the franchise tag. He wins with size, speed, power, route running, is a team leader (elected as a captain last season) and makes any passing offense a dangerous one when he is a part of it."
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 12:13

NCgreen12 wrote:For corner back options I'd rather pay a little more and go younger with Kareem Jackson 26 (Houston tie) or Brandon Flowers 28.
    I absolutely agree. I have no interest in Revis or Cro. Younger, longer investment, seems to be the answer to me.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 18:11

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 22:36

Jason Worilds - LB - Steelers
    ESPN's Paul Kuharsky believes the Titans could target free agent OLB Jason Worilds.
    Worilds spent the last five seasons under new Titans assistant head coach/defense Dick LeBeau. Tennessee is in the market for edge rushers with Derrick Morgan a free agent and Kamerion Wimbley a candidate for release. Worilds made $9.75 million under the transition tag last year and is going to be a difficult re-sign for the Steelers, who have one of the NFL's worst cap situations.
    Related: Titans

Knowshon Moreno - RB - Dolphins
    ESPN's James Walker doesn't expect Miami to bring back free agent Knowshon Moreno.
    Coming off his injury-filled 2014, the Dolphins plan to move on from Moreno. He settled for a one-year deal last offseason and will likely struggle to find guaranteed money. Moreno is four months removed from ACL surgery.

Tramon Williams - DB - Packers
    Free agent LCB Tramon Williams considers his future with the Packers uncertain.
    Williams turns 32 in March and GM Ted Thompson tends to prefer parting with aging veterans a year early, as opposed to keeping them a year too long. "I have no idea what's going to happen," Williams conceded. "Right now, there's nothing going on." Williams seems likely to hit the free agent market. He may return to the Packers if they can re-sign him affordably.

Jordan Cameron - TE - Browns
    ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi puts the Browns' odds of re-signing free agent Jordan Cameron at one percent.
    Grossi has been beating this drum for weeks, but "one percent" is his most-compelling missive thus far. It's odd that a team with so little receiving talent would be willing to let arguably a top-five pass-catching tight end walk without a fight, but the Browns must be tired of Cameron's continual injuries. Gary Barnidge and Jim Dray would form the NFL's most dismal tight end corps.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 9:38

Antrel Rolle - DB - Giants
    Team chairman John Mara said the team wants free agent S Antrel Rolle "at the right price."
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 16:13

Nick Fairley - DL - Lions
    DetroitLions.com openly wonders if the team can "trust" free agent DT Nick Fairley.
    The No. 13 overall pick of the 2011 draft, Fairley's four years in Detroit have been marred by weight woes, injuries and off-the-field issues. In between was some decent football, but nothing resembling consistency. Fairley insists his weight problems are behind him after he hired a personal chef, but he obviously hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt. The Detroit Free Press considers Fairley a "long shot" to return to Detroit.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 18:36

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer · 5h 5 hours ago
    Looking at top UFAs, not many teams will use tag ... Maybe KC (Houston), Denver (DT/Julius), Dallas (Dez/DeMarco), NE (McCourty), NYG (JPP).

FYI, if the cap's $143M ... Tag for Dez/D. Thomas is $12.8M; J. Thomas is $8.33M; JPP is $14.78M; Houston is $13.17M, McCourty is $9.6M.

And in some cases, tag inching toward likelihood. No recent contract talks between Justin Houston and Chiefs or Devin McCourty and Patriots.

Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 18:45

If the Jets landed either Houston (OLB) from KC, or Demaryius Thomas, I'd be a happy dude.

But I know it's a longshot.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 18:46

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 11h 11 hours ago
    Could be #Jets FA target RT @LRiddickESPN: Remember when it was believed that Kareem Jackson could not play? Look again...#Texans

Louis Riddick @LRiddickESPN · 22h 22 hours ago
    #Texans defensive staff, particularly the fundamentals used by their corners, has my attention.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 18:56

My top FA targets would be:

CB - preferably Kareem Jackson or another legit good, young CB
    WR - DThomas, or keep Harvin
    QB - Ryan Fitzpatrick (smart, knows the system, could compete)

Then in the draft, go QB and OLB high, look OL in the middle rounds, and you have the makings of a much improved team.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 19:38

SackExchange wrote:My top FA targets would be:

Then in the draft, go QB and OLB high, look OL in the middle rounds, and you have the makings of a much improved team.

Like your thinking, but I'd uprgrade the OL priority. This OL needs some road graders at guard. I expect a FA to be brought in. Hopefully one that's pro bowl-caliber. Colon and Winters should be released, and Oday is still a backup at this point.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 20:17

When Ryan Fitzpatrick becomes a FA, he will be high on my list, but Houston owns his rights until after the 2015 season.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 9:29

Mine:

DT Harrison and DE Wilkerson Resigned before free agency
    Cut: CJ2K and Babin
    Let walk: Harris, Pace, and Landry
    Keep: Harvin (perfect blend with Spiller and Gaily, IMO)

Free Agents Wish List:
    OLB - Houston KC (at the very top of the list, we need to get to the QB - sacked Brady twice on a 9/29 41-14 win, need to keep the trend going)
    CB - Maxwell Seattle
    RB - Spiller Bills (I honestly dont think he signs for crazy money with only 1 1k season)
    OG - Franklin Broncos

Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 10:53

Superman55 wrote:

Mine:

Free Agents Wish List:
    OLB - Houston KC (at the very top of the list, we need to get to the QB - sacked Brady twice on a 9/29 41-14 win, need to keep the trend going)
    CB - Maxwell Seattle
    RB - Spiller Bills (I honestly dont think he signs for crazy money with only 1 1k season)
    OG - Franklin Broncos

Just curious, what would your ideal realistic draft be after the above FA transactions?
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 11:19

Old#15 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

Mine:

Free Agents Wish List:
    CB - Maxwell Seattle
    OG - Franklin Broncos

Just curious, what would your ideal realistic draft be after the above FA transactions?

If you're looking for sexy, turn your head, because my draft is anything but. As soon as last preseason began, I put OL at the top of my list. Gia at RT just plain can't play. I know some people will disagree, and that's fine, but I consider him a bottom 5 RT in the NFL..which is saying something since RTs are always worse than LTs, making him a bottom 5 starting OT.

Remember we're likely losing a 4th in my scenario, so first things first, I trade back from 6 and acquire picks, I'd even move to the 10-15 range to try and get a 3rd or at least a 4th back...but I am moving back if at all possible.

1st rd: I move back to 10-15 range and take OT Collins LSU

2nd rd: I trade up into the mid-late 20s of rd 1 using the pick from moving back, and take CB Rollins Miami of Ohio - I dont come out of this draft without him. He's my favorite player in this draft and I think the kid can be special. I dont trust Milliner to stay healthy, we dont know what McDougle is, and Wilson is Wilson...we need another CB and I think he'll be the best in this class.

3rd rd: AJ Johnson MLB Tenn or Taiwon Jones MLB Mich St. - both defensive captains and leaders of the D. Im partial to Jones, but Johnson was a machine at Tenn.

Not the sexy draft people may hope for, but foundation builders, IMO. Staple of the OL, Harris replacement on D, and ball hawk CB for Bowles defense.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 11:21

Blindsidebrick wrote:

Like your thinking, but I'd uprgrade the OL priority. This OL needs some road graders at guard. I expect a FA to be brought in. Hopefully one that's pro bowl-caliber. Colon and Winters should be released, and Oday is still a backup at this point.
    I can certainly see making OL a greater priority, but I think Oday is starter quality.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 11:22

SackExchange wrote:
    Blindsidebrick wrote:

I can certainly see making OL a greater priority, but I think Oday is starter quality.

Me too
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 11:57

Superman55 wrote:
    Old#15 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

Mine:

Free Agents Wish List:
    CB - Maxwell Seattle
    OG - Franklin Broncos

If you're looking for sexy, turn your head, because my draft is anything but.  As soon as last preseason began, I put OL at the top of my list.  Gia at RT just plain can't play.  I know some people will disagree, and that's fine, but I consider him a bottom 5 RT in the NFL..which is saying something since RTs are always worse than LTs, making him a bottom 5 starting OT.

Remember we're likely losing a 4th in my scenario, so first things first, I trade back from 6 and acquire picks, I'd even move to the 10-15 range to try and get a 3rd or at least a 4th back...but I am moving back if at all possible.

2nd rd: I trade up into the mid-late 20s of rd 1 using the pick from moving back, and take CB Rollins Miami of Ohio - I dont come out of this draft without him.  He's my favorite player in this draft and I think the kid can be special.  I dont trust Milliner to stay healthy, we dont know what McDougle is, and Wilson is Wilson...we need another CB and I think he'll be the best in this class.

3rd rd: AJ Johnson MLB Tenn or Taiwon Jones MLB Mich St. - both defensive captains and leaders of the D.  Im partial to Jones, but Johnson was a machine at Tenn.

Not the sexy draft people may hope for, but foundation builders, IMO.  Staple of the OL, Harris replacement on D, and ball hawk CB for Bowles defense.

I like it. Collins is not going to make it out of the top 10. Beast of a run blocker and will demonstrate at the combine that he is nimble enough to play outside. Question is, do we cut bait on Giaco and go with two rookies on the right side (Dozier and Collins)? Or have Collins play LG next to Brick until he can transition to LT? Either way I would really like to think that Dozier gets a shot. Rollins is also another favorite and you're correct about needing to be in the 20's range to select him. The secret is out and probably should be the 1st CB off the board, but won't be because of the program and only 1 year playing college FB. I'm not sure about Johnson's ability to drop and cover, agree about his run stopping ability. We definitely need an ILB, with the priority being the ability to defend against the pass.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 12:08

Old#15 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    Old#15 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

Mine:

Free Agents Wish List:
    CB - Maxwell Seattle
    OG - Franklin Broncos

If you're looking for sexy, turn your head, because my draft is anything but.  As soon as last preseason began, I put OL at the top of my list.  Gia at RT just plain can't play.  I know some people will disagree, and that's fine, but I consider him a bottom 5 RT in the NFL..which is saying something since RTs are always worse than LTs, making him a bottom 5 starting OT.

2nd rd: I trade up into the mid-late 20s of rd 1 using the pick from moving back, and take CB Rollins Miami of Ohio - I dont come out of this draft without him.  He's my favorite player in this draft and I think the kid can be special.  I dont trust Milliner to stay healthy, we dont know what McDougle is, and Wilson is Wilson...we need another CB and I think he'll be the best in this class.

3rd rd: AJ Johnson MLB Tenn or Taiwon Jones MLB Mich St. - both defensive captains and leaders of the D.  Im partial to Jones, but Johnson was a machine at Tenn.

Not the sexy draft people may hope for, but foundation builders, IMO.  Staple of the OL, Harris replacement on D, and ball hawk CB for Bowles defense.

I like it.  Collins is not going to make it out of the top 10. Beast of a run blocker and will demonstrate at the combine that he is nimble enough to play outside.  Question is, do we cut bait on Giaco and go with two rookies on the right side (Dozier and Collins)?  Or have Collins play LG next to Brick until he can transition to LT?  Either way I would really like to think that Dozier gets a shot.  Rollins is also another favorite and you're correct about needing to be in the 20's range to select him.  The secret is out and probably should be the 1st CB off the board, but won't be because of the program and only 1 year playing college FB.  I'm not sure about Johnson's ability to drop and cover, agree about his run stopping ability.  We definitely need an ILB, with the priority being the ability to defend against the pass.  

Well, I think some will be scared Collins is not a LT, he's either a Rt or OG, so I think he goes 10-15 range. I dont think he goes top 10, but we'll see. Rollins is athletic, but has natural instincts. Add NFL coaching, and he'll be a star, IMO. I just think he has a nose for the game that makes him special. He reads things quickly and breaks on the ball.

My OL would be:

LT - Brick
    LG - Aboushi
    C - Mangold
    RG - Franklin
    RT - Collins (vet stud OG Franklin playing beside Collins should help him a lot)
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 15:19

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 16:56

Eagles reportedly looking at Locker...likely means they expect Sanchez to walk.

Wonder if NFL heads expects Sanchez/Bills reunion.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 17:58

On the OL topic, I actually like Collins better Scherff, because Scherff is going to be a NFL G not tackle, and we need a tackle more than a guard.

I would not use a #6 pick on the OL, I would snag a tackle who is better than Breno Giacomini 6'7"/318 in FA and that is Bryan Bulaga RT 6'5"/315 who's only 25.

And let Breno battle with Winters 6'4"/320 (23), Dozier 6'4"/312 (23) & Ijalana 6'4"/322 (25) for RG. I think Oday Aboushi 6'5"/308 is our LG of the future.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    MachinaVerde
    MachinaVerde
    Admin
    Admin

Post by MachinaVerde Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 20:09

Cy I would love to see you and jetman55 over on the new site

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024 - 2:51